Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:02:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton v Rovers  (Read 7575 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Charlton v Rovers
« on September 19, 2020, 01:28:52 pm by RoversAlias »
We are back at The Valley for the first time since that night in the Play-Offs, I take it most of us will be watching on iFollow?

ITEN Match Preview: https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/league-one-match-preview-charlton-a

I'm quite looking forward to this one as I think it'll be a good game. Hopefully we've learned lessons from last week!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Charlton v Rovers
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2020, 01:30:50 pm by IDM »
Working, so will miss this game..

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2020, 02:01:50 pm by eastender »
Same 11 as last week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2020, 02:08:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Gobsmacked! I think Taylor particularly is a lucky man to have retained his spot!

DM's very brave to stick with the same XI so must have faith in the players. Let's hope that's rewarded.

At least it should be easier to detect any improvement on last week.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2020, 02:13:34 pm by dknward2 »
Hopefully this week of training together will have paid off and we see improvement in all areas

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 19, 2020, 02:13:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
yes but according to my reckoning its a much easier match today. (potential egg on face here)

got a feeling we might get tennis balls thrown on the pitch today from outside ( Charlton fans mentioned protests) -- we had apples thrown on in Scotland last saturday -
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:16:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 19, 2020, 02:14:56 pm by scawsby steve »
That 11's got to click today, or we'll get mullered against this lot.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 19, 2020, 02:16:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
Certainly a few talking points with his choices, there!

Let’s see what happens, but fearing the worst and hoping for the best. ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 19, 2020, 02:27:51 pm by Filo »
Would have liked to have seen Copps and Fejiri get a start

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2020, 02:28:53 pm by ScillyRover »
Certainly thrown the youngsters into the deep end again ... but will they sink or swim? Will be interesting to see. It’s a lot to ask of them and if it goes badly wrong, not going to do their confidence much good. I would have liked to have seen a bit more experience for the first half rather than later in the game.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 19, 2020, 02:31:06 pm by colfromdonny »
Wot? No Copps

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2020, 02:36:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'm sure there must be a play when fit clause in the loanee's contracts. Not saying they aren't good players but it's the only way i can make a case for not starting Copps, feji, or Lokilo.

Case and point would be Cam John last year when on loan he'd have started these games 100%. Probably at left back with James missing much of preseason but now he's one of ours he's dropped in place of the form players (Anderson/Wright) which is what should happen. Appears to only apply to contracted players though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 19, 2020, 02:43:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Why can't Darren have just chosen to play one player over another? He sees them every day in training, he knows what he's doing.

It does annoy me when fans immediately get on the manager/players back for not doing what they want them to. Okenabirhie will get his chance.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2020, 02:44:40 pm by bedale rover »
I would have had copps fej and lokilo in

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2020, 02:45:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure there must be a play when fit clause in the loanee's contracts. Not saying they aren't good players but it's the only way i can make a case for not starting Copps, feji, or Lokilo.

Case and point would be Cam John last year when on loan he'd have started these games 100%. Probably at left back with James missing much of preseason but now he's one of ours he's dropped in place of the form players (Anderson/Wright) which is what should happen. Appears to only apply to contracted players though.

Some said the same last season but that theory was kicked into touch when James was picked ahead of John and DM said he believed in horses for courses!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2020, 02:50:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Was just about to come on here and post how I've seen some idiots on Twitter thinking there's "must play when fit" clauses in the loan lads deals but they've made it on to here too! :laugh:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 19, 2020, 02:55:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Like the last two games of the season where Amos took over at left back and John was left on the bench. :laugh:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2020, 03:00:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
"Shit ground no fans"  :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 19, 2020, 03:02:08 pm by RobTheRover »
Playing crowd singing over the tannoy. How cringe.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 19, 2020, 03:05:12 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Goal at the Keepmoat already  :lol:

Harrogate one down though  :thumbdown:

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 19, 2020, 03:06:09 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Was just about to come on here and post how I've seen some idiots on Twitter thinking there's "must play when fit" clauses in the loan lads deals but they've made it on to here too! :laugh:

I saw that on Twitter too so not just me who thinks it can happen. Yeah Amos got a run after John was very poor at left back for a number of games. Not saying there is a clause just appears there’s some favouritism. IMO Amos should have played when James was injured from day one why try converting g a centre half when we have a back up left back

What reason can you give for labelling anyone who might question that as an idiot? We know loans can have that element to them and having seen a fair number of poor loanees play games despite been poor (kongolo springs to mind) isn’t it a reasonable question?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 19, 2020, 03:11:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I saw that on Twitter too so not just me who thinks it can happen. Yeah Amos got a run after John was very poor at left back for a number of games. Not saying there is a clause just appears there’s some favouritism. IMO Amos should have played when James was injured from day one why try converting g a centre half when we have a back up left back

What reason can you give for labelling anyone who might question that as an idiot? We know loans can have that element to them and having seen a fair number of poor loanees play games despite been poor (kongolo springs to mind) isn’t it a reasonable question?

It's an assumption after two games of a team being picked by a pragmatic manager. I agree with Amos should have started but we're not the manager. Making a statement like "must play when fit" after seeing a player for 90 mins is a bit conspiracy theorist.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 19, 2020, 03:11:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Tulloch being treated. Possibly heading off.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 19, 2020, 03:11:54 pm by Metalmicky »
Tulloch off

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 19, 2020, 03:12:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Tulloch being treated. Possibly heading off.

Lokilo on.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 19, 2020, 03:12:38 pm by Scooter »
Anyone else got an IFollow issue? My stream won’t load

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 19, 2020, 03:13:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
yes but according to my reckoning its a much easier match today. (potential egg on face here)

got a feeling we might get tennis balls thrown on the pitch today from outside ( Charlton fans mentioned protests) -- we had apples thrown on in Scotland last saturday -

mk 0 lincoln 1   .....      my theory ain't working out too well at this moment in time  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 19, 2020, 03:13:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Halliday looking weak to me. Except when he's over hitting balls in.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 19, 2020, 03:13:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Anyone else got an IFollow issue? My stream won’t load

Try a different browser.

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 19, 2020, 03:14:11 pm by BiargeBob »
Ifollow will not load :turd:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012