Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:12:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers v Sunderland  (Read 8877 times)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers v Sunderland
« Reply #150 on November 21, 2020, 05:13:43 pm by The Beast »
Joe Wright would get nowhere near their first team, I doubt Anderson would, Whiteman maybe but nowhere near as good as Leadbitter, tough call with Scowen, thought he was class today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on November 21, 2020, 05:20:56 pm by dickos1 »
Anderson would walk into their side

We were poor today, but it’s a good result
Forget it and move on to Tuesday

I thought Halliday was very good today, our best player

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on November 21, 2020, 05:30:33 pm by The Beast »
I don’t think there was a lack of effort, we just got outplayed and bullied, every time one of our players received the ball the Sunderland players were in their back, within the rules, just very competitive. No body could get near Leadbitter, absolute class, one touch all he needs, that’s way he’s played the level he has.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on November 21, 2020, 05:33:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
They were superb today, brilliantly organised totally stopped us playing.

They were well organised but that’s all, if they were as good as you are making out we would have conceded five but they hardly troubled Lumley. On the flip side we were naive, trying to continually play out from the back with no space instead of pushing up and playing long until Sunderland dropped deeper. Today was more how poor we were rather than how good they were, ask a Sunderland fan, I doubt any would agree with you anymore than I do

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on November 21, 2020, 05:40:12 pm by The Beast »

I do like Anderson but I’d be surprised if he ever plays for a club of Sunderland’s magnitude.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on November 21, 2020, 05:43:47 pm by foxbat »
I don't think we should 'forget it ' at all. Serious questions need to be asked and lessons learnt from this game , even if we did get a point.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on November 21, 2020, 05:50:50 pm by RoversAlias »
Joe Wright would get nowhere near their first team, I doubt Anderson would, Whiteman maybe but nowhere near as good as Leadbitter, tough call with Scowen, thought he was class today.

You're joking? Call us all fickle for criticising a poor performance then speak as if our players are a bunch of no hopers compared to theirs. Our two centre halves would be good players for them in my opinion, they haven't been flush with top defenders since dropping to L1 and currently play two full backs in a back three. Whiteman would walk into any side in this division also.

You're giving Sunderland far too much credit for the standard they are currently at.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on November 21, 2020, 06:25:10 pm by Bessie Red »

I do like Anderson but I’d be surprised if he ever plays for a club of Sunderland’s magnitude.
Sunderland's magnitude!! They're in the same chuffing league as us & only 4 points infront.
Anderson is one of, if not the best CB's in this league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on November 21, 2020, 08:23:37 pm by drfchound »

Sunderland's magnitude!! They're in the same chuffing league as us & only 4 points infront.
Anderson is one of, if not the best CB's in this league.

Yep, a massive four points in front of us and we have played one game less.
The Beast seems to have a bee in his bonnet about people having a pop at our performance today but in reality we were poor.
I  agree that Sunderland are a decent side but they aren’t as good as TB is suggesting.
When we did have the ball our passing was awful generally, even Ben was off it a bit today.
There seemed to be a lack of movement by the more forward players and even Sims was guilty of giving the ball away and he has been outstanding this season.
We were so lucky to get a point today but it makes a change not to be on the receiving end of something akin to that.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on November 21, 2020, 09:12:54 pm by Pancho Regan »

Agreed Dickos, Halliday was my MOM.

He was everywhere. Right back? Don’t think so. Much of our attacking play evolved from his forward runs. He reminded me of Ian Snodin from years ago, winning the ball, looking up, searching for options, being brave enough to run at defenders with the ball.

How fitting it was that his brave and positive run into the box in extra time and his ball into Fej resulted in our goal and rescued a point.

Step forward Brad, fantastic performance today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012