Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:58:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 3872 times)

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
Season tickets
« on December 05, 2020, 10:54:10 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I think with tiering reviews every 2 weeks and fans now being allowed back in in numbers probably not too dissimilar to our number of season ticket holders, i think it might be about time some season tickets were made up and distributed.

Could save any potential last minute rushing around, as it stands we might be moved tiers on the 16th and DRFC would have less than a week to get the logistics sorted?

Apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #1 on December 05, 2020, 10:57:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think with tiering reviews every 2 weeks and fans now being allowed back in in numbers probably not too dissimilar to our number of season ticket holders, i think it might be about time some season tickets were made up and distributed.

Could save any potential last minute rushing around, as it stands we might be moved tiers on the 16th and DRFC would have less than a week to get the logistics sorted?

We're not doing season tickets. It's going to be about booking your place.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 05, 2020, 11:01:23 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Really, I’ve got one

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 05, 2020, 11:03:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Really, I’ve got one

Pretty sure that's what SM said a few week ago.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 05, 2020, 11:05:30 pm by drfchound »
I paid back in February but I haven’t got mine yet.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 05, 2020, 11:26:15 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I got one on Black Friday last year I think, but not had anything.
I was a bit nervous when I saw the terminology ‘virtual season ticket holders’ used the other day, as I thought maybe the ifollow passes were being classed as the same as going to a game but then the latest club statement said they would still owe millions in refunds if people claimed them, so obviously not.
Hopefully following this latest ruling all season ticket holders will get to a few games before the season is out, well hopefully non season ticket holders will too, it’s everyone’s game, I just hope there’s no logistical nightmares if we do go into tier 2.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 06, 2020, 10:11:15 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it's worth them figuring out how they're going to do it and communicating the plan.  Is the club prepared to get fans in?

In our house the 4 of us have ST.  If we are restricted in numbers, sensible thing might be that we'd not include the kids if we could get childcare for them, they'd get less benefit than others would.  But we have no idea how the club will do it and I think that would be useful to know.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 06, 2020, 10:15:30 am by Janso »
I imagine they'll invite social bubbles rather than individuals. They asked us to register our bubbles months ago now for what I imagine would be this reason.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 06, 2020, 10:18:00 am by since-1969 »

Really, I’ve got one
Would you care to post it on here ?

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 06, 2020, 07:01:43 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
If/when they allow fans into the ground is there any suggestion every available seat will be for season ticket holders? I’ve seen Leeds and Chelsea have kept X amount of tickets back to be put on sale for general admission.

Be nice to get confirmation season ticket holders will get the whole allocation when we’re allowed back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 06, 2020, 08:02:05 pm by drfchound »
Is the amount of STs that we have sold available for public consumption?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 06, 2020, 08:53:01 pm by EasyforDennis »
Is the amount of STs that we have sold available for public consumption?

It is more than would be allowed in the KMS under tier 2.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 06, 2020, 09:38:10 pm by Maps »
If/when they allow fans into the ground is there any suggestion every available seat will be for season ticket holders? I’ve seen Leeds and Chelsea have kept X amount of tickets back to be put on sale for general admission.

Be nice to get confirmation season ticket holders will get the whole allocation when we’re allowed back.

If that's true about Leeds and Chelsea, that's a risky strategy. It's double selling surely? You're saying to ST holders, thanks for buying your ticket to the game months ago, but don't bother turning up as we've sold your ticket again to someone else. Nothing's going to have ST holders queuing for a refund quicker than that, surely? I know Leeds and Chelsea have way more ST holders than us and so they have less chance of making a game anyway, until restrictions are lifted, but that still doesn't sound right to me.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 06, 2020, 10:10:42 pm by the vicar »
I was talking to the ticket office the last time we thought fans were to be allowed in the ground and they told me that they were going to have to do a draw if there was only to be a few season ticket holders to be allowed in. So I would think that is how it will be done this time. If they do that and the people who get selected should be omitted from the next draw until all season ticket holders who want to go have been.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 06, 2020, 10:19:51 pm by scawsby steve »
I was talking to the ticket office the last time we thought fans were to be allowed in the ground and they told me that they were going to have to do a draw if there was only to be a few season ticket holders to be allowed in. So I would think that is how it will be done this time. If they do that and the people who get selected should be omitted from the next draw until all season ticket holders who want to go have been.

To be honest Dave, I don't think we'll have sold much more than 2000 STs anyway.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 06, 2020, 10:22:43 pm by the vicar »
4500 I think they said

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 06, 2020, 11:38:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think we have sold that many plus not all season ticket holders will take up the option while there are restrictions and/or feel it's too risky for them.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 07, 2020, 12:07:21 am by karldew »
I imagine they'll invite social bubbles rather than individuals. They asked us to register our bubbles months ago now for what I imagine would be this reason.

I hope not. My brother is normally a season ticket holder but hasn’t bought this season with what’s gone off. I shouldn’t miss out because I’m an individual...

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 07, 2020, 12:55:21 am by Janso »

I hope not. My brother is normally a season ticket holder but hasn’t bought this season with what’s gone off. I shouldn’t miss out because I’m an individual...

What I meant (not that it's up to me) is I reckon they won't just invite certain people out of a bubble, not they won't invite anyone who's not in one.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 07, 2020, 06:46:11 am by knockers »

If you have not already you should let the club know you are a bubble of one.
My understanding is that bubbles will be picked out be that one of six people or bubbles of one.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 07, 2020, 10:32:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What I meant (not that it's up to me) is I reckon they won't just invite certain people out of a bubble, not they won't invite anyone who's not in one.

Be good to have the option to opt part of a bubble out though eg my kids.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 07, 2020, 03:59:52 pm by the vicar »
I don't think we have sold that many plus not all season ticket holders will take up the option while there are restrictions and/or feel it's too risky for them.
that’s what the ticket office said

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 07, 2020, 04:02:39 pm by the vicar »

I don’t think an individual has as much chance as a larger bubble would

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 07, 2020, 04:54:21 pm by knockers »
Why not?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 07, 2020, 05:24:56 pm by the vicar »
Just what the ticket office said but that was when we thought we was going to get 5000 as we would get more people in with larder bubbles that individual people

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 07, 2020, 06:44:55 pm by scawsby steve »
It won't be an issue anyway, because with the Christmas get togethers, rates will rocket again in January, and it will be Spring before the effects of the vaccines kick in.

If we're to get fans back at all this season, it will be near the end IMO.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 07, 2020, 08:01:38 pm by rich1471 »
Do people think it would be better in south Yorkshire to stay in tier 3 over Christmas and new year so we get the R Rate down even more 

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 07, 2020, 08:13:42 pm by Janso »
Do people think it would be better in south Yorkshire to stay in tier 3 over Christmas and new year so we get the R Rate down even more

If people actually stick to the rules, eh.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 07, 2020, 08:21:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It'll be interesting to see what happens at the first review, as rates on on the rise in the East Side of London, currently in Tier 2. Some areas rates now higher than up North.

What betting Northern regions are reviewed down to tier 2 and London  tier 3?

Realistically, I fear now with more people out and about Christmas shopping etc, We'll see a slowing or even a rise in infection rates in the next week or so and perhaps more likely we'll stay in Tier 3. I hope I'm wrong.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 07, 2020, 08:33:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I’m a bubble of one and I’ve been told by the club they can accommodate so you should be ok

TinyPortal © 2005-2012