Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:34:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whiteman to Preston ?  (Read 42058 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Whiteman to Preston ?
« Reply #210 on January 10, 2021, 06:02:15 pm by colincramb »
Twitter has no bearing whatsoever. That’s a load of nonsense. I really don’t think it’s as bad as people think if he goes. We can still have a very good end to the season. It’s the congestion of fixtures that will do for us more than Ben leaving

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on January 10, 2021, 06:12:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
DM never said he was protecting the player the official view from DM was effects from Covid. Yet a “source” from the club let it be know otherwise that the manager was protecting the player. DM had nothing but good words to say about Ben. So let’s see what happens this week, or is a “source” going blame Ben, wasn’t it a “source” who said Marquis wasn’t happy and wanted to leave. Is it to turn the fans against the player some on here have already started.

What is the official view on players leaving and players coming in, it was said by the CEO get into the playoffs and we’ll back the manager. We’ve replace two loanees at the moment. DM said one in one out different message from we’ll back the manager. So what’s the official view from the CEO or have we got to wait for a “source” to tell people.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:18:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on January 10, 2021, 06:27:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was attributed to “a source” rather than “a club source”. Could be his agent or could be the club, but the article didn’t attribute to anyone in particular.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on January 10, 2021, 06:33:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No reason to believe the clubs stance is any different to the one  they repeated have backed up with the actions of declining bids.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on January 10, 2021, 06:37:46 pm by scawsby steve »
Anyone on here who calls DM a liar should be impeached for incitement to riot .

That post definitely Trumps every other post on here.

OK, I'll get mi coat and f*ck off.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on January 10, 2021, 07:27:38 pm by Janso »
Sad of me to notice but Ben hasn't put anything on Twitter or Instagram to congratulate the lads about yesterday.

I can see he's just liked a Max & Paddy tweet from just over 20 minutes ago (that's the sad part on my behalf) so the signs are there. He wants out.

Not sure if I'm reading too much into it but for him to not even acknowledge the lads performance yesterday (which is the norm on social media these days) cuts deep & I thought better of him.

I think that's really unfair. Before the Max & Paddy tweet he liked Andy Butler's tweet about the win, he liked Rovers' official account's tweet naming Anderson Man of the Match, and he viewed all of ITEN's Instagram story posts at the usual time he does after games too. Oh and he commented on Taylor Richards' post on Instagram too. So if we're judging his desire on social media activity (which I don't think we should) then I'd say it is still there.

He doesn't post much on Twitter really anyway. But he does read a lot of what gets said about him, that I do know!

Whilst he doesnt post much on twitter when he does he really shows his pride and affection for the club. You would have thought he would have at least posted on his own account yesterday about the result. It certainley appears true to me that what Martin said is true and he wants out. Shame really. What i dont get is if Ben is saying he wants championship football because he isnt getting any younger, then why did he sign a long term contract with us?

I could understand it if we were out of the promotion frame but obviously we are in a great position. Why just see the season out, and if we dont go up ask for a move? its only another 5 month.

Its inevitable hes going, but one thing is for sure, hes not bigger than the club, no one is, and i fully trust DM to find a replacement. He will have his targets, dont worry about that.

One door closes, another one opens.

Plus he's only 24. It's not as if he's never going to get another chance if he doesn't go now.

Well that’s not strictly true is it. He could play against Swindon next Saturday and get a career ending injury. Sometimes you just have to grasp an opportunity. No hard feelings, we’ve lost big players before and we will again. That’s football

He could just as easily get that career-ending injury in a training ground accident before he's even pulled on a Preston shirt.

You’ve just backed up my argument

Not really. How many players per season pick up career-ending injuries? He's more likely to get a chance to leave in the summer than he is someone to two-foot him and snap his leg in two.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on January 10, 2021, 09:54:22 pm by since-1969 »
Thanks martin
Do you know if they’re miles away from our valuation or are we close enough that a deal seems likely

Well, firstly let me say that some of the transfer fees mentioned on this forum are well wide of the mark. In this current market fees are drastically reduced.

The Barnsley bids during the summer were particularly pathetic, and the Preston bids have exceeded them by some margin. But we're still a fair bit short and I'm not sure if we'll get there. Even if Preston did a lot of our supporters would be extremely disappointed.

The club are doing what they can, but if his head is turned, which it has been, then negotiating can be tricky.

The fees I’ve mostly seen mentioned on here are around the £2.5 - £3 million mark. If your saying that’s wide if the mark then the club are seriously  underValuing Ben
or the opposite?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on January 10, 2021, 09:59:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Please can someone provide evidence Ben Whiteman wants to go.

There is an awful lot of unfounded speculation about Ben on this thread.
Most of it is just gossip.
No evidence whatsoever.  All we know is that Preston made one maybe two offers that were rejected.

As Alias said what has or has not been posted by Ben on Twitter does not provide any
evidence that he wants to leave, and the criticism of him is totally unjustified imo.

DM confirmed Ben was one of the players that had Covid. That is as far as i am concerned the reason he didn’t play at Blackburn as he wasn’t deemed fit enough.

Both Taylor & Smith didn’t play either. So does that mean they want out also?
No it doesn’t because they had Covid also.
Has it not occurred to some on here that Covid affects some more than others and the recovery time will vary player to player.

There are an awful lot of people putting 2+2 together and making 5 regarding Ben.

He will only be going if and when a club make an acceptable offer and Ben is happy to go to that club.
We have a fantastic opportunity of promotion this season and the club has stated that they don’t need to sell. So I don’t see Ben being sold for less than the price tag the club have on him.
Think he will be with us till the summer & if we get promoted possibly considerably longer.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 10, 2021, 10:58:38 pm by dickos1 »
You seem to have missed quite a bit of the story campsall

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on January 10, 2021, 11:08:23 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Hope this Saga isn’t going to rumble on and on.

If he wants to leave then as soon as the fee is right let him go, and let’s not mess about with his replacement.

Ben has been fantastic for us but players leave football clubs all the time, that’s how it is. I am surprised we have kept him as long as we have done and I don’t think anybody can begrudge him a move to the championship.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on January 11, 2021, 04:00:34 pm by selby »
  Reading the Preston forum it seems that they are getting a bit miffed at the news that Nottingham Forest and Derby county are now seeming to come onto the scene with more intent, also that Daniel Johnson is on his way to Glasgow Rangers who are now in a position league wise to be able to wait until the end of the season to get him on a free instead of shelling out now.
  I love it if true and things turn on spivs.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on January 11, 2021, 04:29:54 pm by drfc1951 »
Reading their forum it seems they think Ben has been pleading for them to sign him,for the last 2 weeks.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on January 11, 2021, 04:40:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why would he want to go to Reading??

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on January 11, 2021, 05:26:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Agents.... absolute w**kers.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on January 11, 2021, 05:33:32 pm by wilts rover »

Have you ever been to Preston?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on January 11, 2021, 05:55:27 pm by Janso »

Dunno, the train station is quite nice. And it gets you away from the town...

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on January 11, 2021, 05:56:10 pm by keith79 »

No evidence whatsoever.  All we know is that Preston made one maybe two offers that were rejected.

As Alias said what has or has not been posted by Ben on Twitter does not provide any
evidence that he wants to leave, and the criticism of him is totally unjustified imo.

DM confirmed Ben was one of the players that had Covid. That is as far as i am concerned the reason he didn’t play at Blackburn as he wasn’t deemed fit enough.

Has it not occurred to some on here that Covid affects some more than others and the recovery time will vary player to player.

There are an awful lot of people putting 2+2 together and making 5 regarding Ben.

He will only be going if and when a club make an acceptable offer and Ben is happy to go to that club.
We have a fantastic opportunity of promotion this season and the club has stated that they don’t need to sell. So I don’t see Ben being sold for less than the price tag the club have on him.
Think he will be with us till the summer & if we get promoted possibly considerably longer.

just hear say. Maybe

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on January 11, 2021, 06:30:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Do we need a striker?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on January 11, 2021, 06:43:04 pm by turnbull for england »

I've heard some  Kitson from Preston

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on January 11, 2021, 07:38:51 pm by drfchound »

Paul, there are a number of posts on the multiple Whiteman/Preston threads which suggest that Ben does want to go there and that his head has been turned.
I think this is more than just fan speculation.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on January 11, 2021, 08:22:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
If what has been posted on Twitter this evening is correct, the title of this thread needs to change from Preston to QPR.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on January 11, 2021, 08:37:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So he can be nearer Manchester??

Geography as good as Akinfenwa's then!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on January 11, 2021, 08:41:23 pm by karldew »
Derby and Forest also seem to be in the race to sign him now too.

See Barnsley want to sell Mowatt for £1.2 million but his contract up at end of the season..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on January 11, 2021, 08:53:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
With a possible glamour tie (or 2) to come. Ben would be wise to hang fire a bit. As would the Club.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on January 11, 2021, 08:58:59 pm by selby »
 I didn't know all them games I watched us play Stockport were classed as glamour games Alan.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on January 11, 2021, 09:15:02 pm by RoversAlias »
If what has been posted on Twitter this evening is correct, the title of this thread needs to change from Preston to QPR.

What, some no-mark account with 39 followers making completely unsubstantiated claims? Anyone can come up with that rubbish and post it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on January 11, 2021, 09:18:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well, there’s plenty of that been posted already on this thread. What’s the difference?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on January 11, 2021, 09:36:13 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd say very little! Neither need paying any mind in my opinion.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 11, 2021, 09:54:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think Ben’s mind has been COVID-addled.

The most obvious solution is for him to buckle down and captain us to the end of the season and then if he wants to go, he can go with our blessing.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on January 11, 2021, 09:59:47 pm by normal rules »
Would love to see Ben play against whu.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012