Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:51:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 64244 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #810 on June 01, 2021, 08:25:39 pm by Metalmicky »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #811 on June 01, 2021, 08:31:13 pm by scawsby steve »
Another post Brexit deal to ketchup with....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kraft-heinz-ketchup-manufacturing-uk-investment-brexit-101950246.html

That's great news, Micky; and from a reliable SOURCE.

I'll get mi coat.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #812 on June 01, 2021, 08:34:17 pm by scawsby steve »
I beat you by 10 seconds, BB. Great minds and all that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #813 on June 01, 2021, 08:36:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was just double-checking how to spell 'source', and it backfired!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #814 on June 01, 2021, 08:46:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe it's my eyes but I'm struggling to see the bit that says this investment is BECAUSE of Brexit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #815 on June 01, 2021, 08:55:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 What a great vote of confidence in the post-Brexit UK economy.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #816 on June 01, 2021, 09:08:28 pm by Metalmicky »
Maybe it's my eyes but I'm struggling to see the bit that says this investment is BECAUSE of Brexit.

It's in the headline Billy..... "Heinz Ketchup to be made in the UK again in post-Brexit coup"  :whistle:

...surely that's enough to convince you...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #817 on June 01, 2021, 09:15:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
MM.

The sun was out today. That was post-Brexit weather.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #818 on June 01, 2021, 09:31:41 pm by drfchound »
Withdrawn. I shouldn't have used words like that however ridiculous the constant stream of rubbish from that particular poster is. I notice though Hound that you didn't complain when we had an unquestionably racist posting a week or two back.

I dont recall seeing the comment you are on about BST.
I havent been spending as much time on here of late.
What was the comment and by whom.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #819 on June 01, 2021, 09:53:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Re:--- "BELLS ARE US"

assuming this comes to pass (very big if)

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2685

and my guestimate is the uk would contribute 20% of 3 Billion euro

then that's a potential saving of 600 million euros ??    thats £520 million

lets call it 0.6 of a billion euros (cos it sounds more)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 09:57:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #820 on June 01, 2021, 10:06:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound

Easily missed.

At more or less the same time Selby was posting his ignorant racist thoughts, you were busy trolling me, telling me how sad it was that I was posting about politics in this forum.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #821 on June 01, 2021, 10:15:23 pm by drfchound »
Hound

Easily missed.

At more or less the same time Selby was posting his ignorant racist thoughts, you were busy trolling me, telling me how sad it was that I was posting about politics in this forum.

Point of order BST.
I was simply saying how sad i found it that some people spent so much time searching for anti government propaganda to post in the forum.
I don’t recall mentioning you specifically but you are entitled to your thoughts on the matter.
I still don’t know what the racist comment was.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #822 on June 01, 2021, 10:28:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Some like to talk about what a great vote of confidence the Heinz deal is in the post-Brexit UK economy, others like to talk about the weather.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #823 on June 01, 2021, 10:32:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Yeah, you just happened to post it after a post of mine. Probably just a coincidence. I'm sure you'd have the balls to own a deliberate jibe.

As for the post in question, it was up all that night and was removed the following day, presumably by mods. You can ask Selby yourself what he wrote.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #824 on June 01, 2021, 10:38:13 pm by drfchound »
BST, you are the most prolific poster on here so by the law of averages I will inevitably post stuff which invariably follows one by you.
However, you would be included in the people I was thinking about.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #825 on June 01, 2021, 10:57:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks for clearing that up Hound.

Odd that you'd feel it so important to chip in with your two pennorth on that subject though, and miss the takedown of a racist on an adjacent thread.

Priorities I guess.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #826 on June 01, 2021, 11:02:14 pm by drfchound »
No, not really.
I just don’t recall seeing it.
As I have often said, I don’t read all the threads and certainly don’t read all the posts.
I have spent much less time on here since I have taken on two roles for two different groups and find myself doing work for them.
For the record, I am no more a racist than you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #827 on June 01, 2021, 11:07:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For the record Hound, I'm not accusing you of being a racist. Just selective in your responses. And disturbingly obsessed with me in particular.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #828 on June 02, 2021, 08:59:01 am by drfchound »
You know, it is quite funny that you should say that because when I post something on a political thread I often think that you will be the first to jump in and tell me why I am wrong...... and you often are.

A matter of perspective I guess.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #829 on June 02, 2021, 09:11:33 am by selby »
  Billy you happen to be one of a few on here who are obsessed, and free with calling other people the go to race card, and treading on thin ice as far as deformation  of character is concerned, you want to start reeling it in thinking you can throw accusations about being thick, bigoted, gammon, racist at people you don't agree with and now ignorant idiot.
    The history of educated idiots on here, wondering why the politics and the party they support and their attitude to other people who have deserted them over the last few years has happened.
   That's being thick and could cost you a lot.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #830 on June 02, 2021, 09:49:55 am by SydneyRover »
selby, you may not view yourself as racist but the comment in question, now deleted most certainly was, add in other comments you have made and one could be forgiven for thinking that you are. To demolish this possible mistaken view of yourself you could say something along the lines that 'you didn't meant to cause offence' and stop posting offensive comments, instead of trying to rewrite history.

your welcome

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #831 on June 02, 2021, 10:14:07 am by MachoMadness »
Good luck convincing a court that the phrase "rag heads" isn't racist, Selby! People didn't call you racist because they disagree with you, they called you racist because you said something racist and refused to apologise or take it back. Instead you just tried to pretend it didn't happen like a coward.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #832 on June 02, 2021, 10:31:07 am by selby »
  Macho, It doesn't bother me at all what handle people put on me personally, but others might just do so and it seems that people like you and some of the others on here are free at calling people out for whatever and up in arms at other peoples statements or the language some have been brought up with years ago but invent insults like Gammon to people of age that are very insulting.
 Feel free to call me what you want, the only thing I am bothered about is what I think of people that insult me and my generation which isn't much, on a par with treading in the doo doo really, all you do is go to a bit of grass and wipe it off your shoe.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #833 on June 02, 2021, 12:06:44 pm by Hounslowrover »
Selby, I didn’t post about your racist comment, just reported it to the moderators. I’m over 70, so may be in your generation, but I know what is offensive and racist, and you should be bothered about using those terms.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #834 on June 02, 2021, 12:42:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

I don't think you get the issue here. The use of the word "gammon" (which I don't typically use because I don't like it) is absolutely NOT aimed at all old people. It is aimed at a selection of old people, who have a particular outlook on life which may or may not result in high blood pressure. People choose to have those opinions. And in a free country, while everyone is free to have whatever opinion they wish, the flipside is that other people are free to give their opinion of those opinions.

Racism is different. It is not an insult aimed at someone's opinion, or the opinions of a sub-set of people. It is an insult aimed at someone because of who they are, where they were born.

In simple terms, you can choose whether you have ignorant, unpleasant, stupid, bigoted opinions. You can't choose what DNA you have.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #835 on June 02, 2021, 04:32:22 pm by selby »
   Billy, just finished mowing the half acre of lawns, closed two good positions with the broker, and checked the property rents income, all good and dusted and I am not in the slightest interested in what you or anyone else think buddy.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #836 on June 02, 2021, 04:56:32 pm by ravenrover »
If the post in question was deemed offensively racist and deleted, why has the poster not been deemed as racist and allowed to carry on posting freely? Was a suspension not considered? The poster freely admits he doesn't care what other think of him and appears to have had no regrets on making the said racist post

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #837 on June 02, 2021, 10:40:34 pm by SydneyRover »
   Billy, just finished mowing the half acre of lawns, closed two good positions with the broker, and checked the property rents income, all good and dusted and I am not in the slightest interested in what you or anyone else think buddy.

Folk with money have people to do all that selby, they just don't want you as a friend they just want your vote

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #838 on June 03, 2021, 05:10:55 am by SydneyRover »
I read that well known pub and hotel owner is saying the shortage of labour being experienced is not down to brexit, experts in the field say it is a combination of both covid and brexit. He says that he supports an Oz style system and it only affects his small coastal town businesses (phew) As the Oz style points system of entry has been promoted and discussed for a couple of years one would think that it is in place and functioning well by now, sort of oven ready, no?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012