Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:56:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 61515 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #1230 on September 21, 2021, 02:31:36 pm by Not Now Kato »
A General Election is an election of MPs, not the members of the Executive. Some MPs become members due to their election to Parliament but neither the electorate nor Parliament itself has any part of the decision as to which MOPs get which job in the Executive except the indirect appointment of the Prime Minister, and even then not always do they get that. When did the Electorate have a say in James Callaghan, John Major, Gordon Brown, Teresa May or indeed Boris Johnson getting the job as Prime Minister when they first became PM?

Or are you still saying the House of Commons is the Executive?

I've stopped responding to him Glyn.  He clearly doesn't understand how either the UK or the EU operate and isn't prepared to learn from those who do or from the information they provide, well, it's that or he's a WUM; either way, best ignored.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1231 on September 21, 2021, 02:34:14 pm by Not Now Kato »
Latest benefit. Looks like we are going back to imperial measurements.

That'll do wonders for our Global Britain theme. But it will be great news for the Little England Society for the Abolition of the Second Half of the Twentieth Century.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1232 on September 21, 2021, 03:38:07 pm by belton rover »
Will I still be able to measure my nob in dog inches?

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #1233 on September 21, 2021, 07:06:12 pm by hstripes »

I've stopped responding to him Glyn.  He clearly doesn't understand how either the UK or the EU operate and isn't prepared to learn from those who do or from the information they provide, well, it's that or he's a WUM; either way, best ignored.

This post is as hilarious as the assertion that the EU is a democracy.

If we have to reduce ourselves to name calling then IMO you are a blinkered ideologue who simply does not like having their 'certain' world view challenged and is also unable to respond to logical argument.

Prove me wrong. Please use your superior wisdom to explain to a misunderstanding fool like me: -

1) Through what mechanism is the politics and policies of the EU Commission decided upon by the EU electorate via a free and fair democratic electoral vote?
2) Where do the decisions of the EU Commission derive democratic legitimacy from?
3) How can EU citizens hold the EU Commission's performance and decision-making to democratic account?

I believe you claimed on an earlier thread that the EU is far more democratic than the UK. Well on my last post I explained how the UK Government is democratic in relation to the above 3 points so please do the same for the EU to legitimise your argument.

If Mr Kato, as I imagine he will be, is incapable of answering these 3 questions in relation to the EU I'm happy to open them to the floor.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:16:23 pm by hstripes »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #1234 on September 22, 2021, 06:39:51 am by sha66y »

This post is as hilarious as the assertion that the EU is a democracy.

If we have to reduce ourselves to name calling then IMO you are a blinkered ideologue who simply does not like having their 'certain' world view challenged and is also unable to respond to logical argument.

Prove me wrong. Please use your superior wisdom to explain to a misunderstanding fool like me: -

1) Through what mechanism is the politics and policies of the EU Commission decided upon by the EU electorate via a free and fair democratic electoral vote?
2) Where do the decisions of the EU Commission derive democratic legitimacy from?
3) How can EU citizens hold the EU Commission's performance and decision-making to democratic account?

I believe you claimed on an earlier thread that the EU is far more democratic than the UK. Well on my last post I explained how the UK Government is democratic in relation to the above 3 points so please do the same for the EU to legitimise your argument.

If Mr Kato, as I imagine he will be, is incapable of answering these 3 questions in relation to the EU I'm happy to open them to the floor.

He’ll probably say “ not now”

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #1235 on September 22, 2021, 12:35:26 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Two more benefits of Brexit:

1) I won't be putting on the kilos pounds at Christmas because M&S have cancelled their order service here in Northern Ireland

2) I get to put up video's like this from 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Yv24cM2os

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 12:40:01 pm by Dutch Uncle »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #1236 on September 24, 2021, 07:15:38 pm by foxbat »
well , I suppose people's pets will be pleased

Doncaster fireworks firm says Brexit import rules mean Bonfire Night could be cancelled

Doncaster-based firework supplier Fireworks Kingdom has revealled that Brexit and poorly written new import legislation has caused the severe lack of fireworks in the UK, reducing supply to 30 per cent of the usual stock.

Richard Hogg of Fireworks Kingdom said: “Importing fireworks has become very difficult and unstable in the wake of Brexit.

"It’s gutting to see the shelves empty at stores across the UK when we’d usually be preparing for our busiest season.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1237 on September 25, 2021, 10:34:29 am by Not Now Kato »

Doncaster fireworks firm says Brexit import rules mean Bonfire Night could be cancelled

Doncaster-based firework supplier Fireworks Kingdom has revealled that Brexit and poorly written new import legislation has caused the severe lack of fireworks in the UK, reducing supply to 30 per cent of the usual stock.

Richard Hogg of Fireworks Kingdom said: “Importing fireworks has become very difficult and unstable in the wake of Brexit.

"It’s gutting to see the shelves empty at stores across the UK when we’d usually be preparing for our busiest season.

Whilst it is an unintended effect of Brexit, personally, I class it as a benefit.  The almost year-round use, (abuse?), of fireworks has become a pain in the arse!  Especially for animals.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1238 on September 25, 2021, 11:07:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
Fireworks cause extensive air pollution and their absence is a good thing for all living creatures. People who disagree are crackers.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1239 on September 25, 2021, 12:02:04 pm by drfchound »
Fireworks cause extensive air pollution and their absence is a good thing for all living creatures. People who disagree are crackers.

You’re gonna get a rocket from everyone who is in favour of fireworks.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1240 on September 25, 2021, 01:30:52 pm by belton rover »
Always banging on

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1241 on September 25, 2021, 04:00:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Some of these jokes are going down like a damp squib.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1242 on September 27, 2021, 10:28:47 am by Sprotyrover »
Aldi show lack of confidence in future of post Brexit UK by announcing 100 new stores to be opened and 2,000 new jobs created! Much to the chagrin of most posters on this thread

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1243 on September 27, 2021, 10:39:07 am by SydneyRover »
Aldi show lack of confidence in future of post Brexit UK by announcing 100 new stores to be opened and 2,000 new jobs created! Much to the chagrin of most posters on this thread

you can get plenty of chagrin at food bank apparently sprot

https://www.statista.com/statistics/382695/uk-foodbank-users/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:41:54 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1244 on September 27, 2021, 11:07:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty. I know I'm pissing in the wind here but I'll keep trying.

No-one ever said that there would be no investment in the UK after Brexit. What matters is the amount of investment relative to before.

https://i0.wp.com/commonslibrary.parliament.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/FDI-5.png?fit=800%2C556&ssl=1

The effect of Brexit will be a long, slow, grinding reduction in our standard of living, relative to what it would have been. Yes, some companies will see opportunities to invest. A cut price supermarket chain expanding in the UK makes perfect sense if you stop and think for a moment. But more companies that before are already choosing not to invest in the UK, because we have chosen to make ourselves poorer over the next generation than we could have been.

So shout out the individual positives by all means. But you are keeping yourself in blissful, blinkered ignorance if you don't step back and look at the overall picture.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1245 on September 27, 2021, 02:00:04 pm by selby »
 Britain controls £9.4 trillion of financial assets in the EU  37% of the total assets up 11% in the last twelve months second only in value to the USA and more than double France on 17%.
  Another lie shot down from the remainders.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1246 on September 27, 2021, 02:53:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby. If you don't understand why that post has bugger all to do with what we are talking about then there's not really much point in answering is there?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1247 on September 27, 2021, 02:59:09 pm by selby »
 Why do I have to be bothered about what you are talking about all the time  Billy lots of us are not, in fact your boring.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1248 on September 27, 2021, 03:30:37 pm by wilts rover »
Britain controls £9.4 trillion of financial assets in the EU  37% of the total assets up 11% in the last twelve months second only in value to the USA and more than double France on 17%.

Err no. This is exactly what the 'remainers; said would happen - British companies would move their European operations to the EU to continue trading in the EU.
More making rubbish up without a shread of evidence from the Brexiteers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1249 on September 27, 2021, 03:32:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why do I have to be bothered about what you are talking about all the time  Billy lots of us are not, in fact your boring.

So what is this "Remainer lie" that you are talking about then?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1250 on September 27, 2021, 03:35:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Err no. This is exactly what the 'remainers; said would happen - British companies would move their European operations to the EU to continue trading in the EU.
More making rubbish up without a shread of evidence from the Brexiteers.

It's more than just companies moving operations. It's companies moving investments. Presumably because they expect to make better returns in the EU than in the UK. Which is precisely the point.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1251 on September 27, 2021, 06:41:28 pm by selby »
  The transactions and the money being made is in London.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #1252 on September 27, 2021, 07:48:21 pm by The Beast »

While Brexit is absolutely hideous, if this reduces the amount of knobheads setting off fireworks for two months, well I’ll drink to that!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1253 on September 27, 2021, 07:51:16 pm by drfchound »

While Brexit is absolutely hideous, if this reduces the amount of knobheads setting off fireworks for two months, well I’ll drink to that!

I will join you sir.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1254 on September 27, 2021, 09:53:28 pm by SydneyRover »
  The transactions and the money being made is in London.

Where is the most money made, the company itself or a trade in its shares?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #1255 on September 28, 2021, 08:05:27 am by BigH »
Selby, this is bare faced nonsense and you know it.

The numbers you refer to reflect the asset management industry (i.e. pension funds, insurers, wealth managers and the like):

UK Investor FUM -2020 Source: Investment Association

"Assets under management (AUM) held by IA members increased to £ 9.4 trillion in the UK by the end of 2020. This is also an 11% increase compared to the previous year.

The United Kingdom continues to be the second largest investment management center in the world after the United States.

With a 37% market share, it is also Europe’s largest investment management center."

This is part of the UK financial services industry - not "Britain" - that takes in investor funds from the UK and internationally. If you want the real facts behind the story go to:

https://www.theia.org/sites/default/files/2020-09/20200924-imsfullreport.pdf

not the dogsh*t 'Brexit-Facts' site that you quote: https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_sep_uk_manages_eu_money

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1256 on September 30, 2021, 03:46:36 pm by Not Now Kato »
Seriously, I hope this isn't true....

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/government-hands-brexit-helpline-contract-to-company-in-india-293105/

Otherwise it's a Brexit benefit to India!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012