Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:46:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jermaine Beckford  (Read 5224 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Jermaine Beckford
« on January 23, 2021, 05:28:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Very complimentary about Rovers saying we have are a very good team with an excellent manager and we have every chance of automatic promotion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
Re: Jermaine Beckford
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2021, 05:42:22 pm by bigbadjack »
Is Jermaine Beckford still playing?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2021, 05:49:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Is Jermaine Beckford still playing?
No he is a pundit on TV.
Was on BBC today.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2021, 05:50:38 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Thank goodness for that. All I have heard today is Efan Okoku and Seb Hutchinson (From London) have a love-in about WHU and err, that other Northern team they were playing...bias doesn't even come into it. (Sent from a Northern, not from London oik!)

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2021, 05:51:45 pm by bigbadjack »
So can’t be the JB we’re supposedly interested in?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2021, 05:55:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
I didn’t get point Ekoku kept making about fitness levels going to tell and we would suffer against a Premier League side. He does realise we are not part time right, and we have probably played more games this season than West Ham? I know they will have some top sports scientists but we are a professional, full time outfit, not Armthorpe Welfare with lads training twice a week after work.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2021, 06:01:17 pm by ravenrover »
And tgey expected more physicality in the play from the 1st Div team
Do they think teams outside the Prem are all just a bunch of cloggers?
Mrs RR commented about how negative they were to anything we did especially Smiths effort that hit the bar

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2021, 06:06:41 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I didn’t get point Ekoku kept making about fitness levels going to tell and we would suffer against a Premier League side. He does realise we are not part time right, and we have probably played more games this season than West Ham? I know they will have some top sports scientists but we are a professional, full time outfit, not Armthorpe Welfare with lads training twice a week after work.

All through the game it was so obvious we were the lower league team WHU were playing and the remarks quite frankly, if they had been around sex or race would have made them both be enrolled by the BBC on an "unconscious bias" course!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2021, 06:12:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thank goodness for that. All I have heard today is Efan Okoku and Seb Hutchinson (From London) have a love-in about WHU and err, that other Northern team they were playing...bias doesn't even come into it. (Sent from a Northern, not from London oik!)

Ian. Much more politely put than how our young 'un described it mate!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2021, 06:13:46 pm by scawsby steve »

We played like Armthorpe Welfare today.

Cheltenham Town are making a much better fist of it against City at the moment.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2021, 06:27:10 pm by ravenrover »
We'd have played well against this City 11

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2021, 06:27:55 pm by Campsall rover »

Come on SS seriously, is that what you think. We were playing the most in form team in the premier league.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2021, 06:30:59 pm by Janso »

I think he actually played his very last game against Rovers for Bury before long-term injuries (beginning with the one he picked up that day) finished him off.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2021, 06:40:02 pm by bigbadjack »
Thanks for that Janso

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2021, 06:41:17 pm by Chris Black come back »

I think he actually played his very last game against Rovers for Bury before long-term injuries (beginning with the one he picked up that day) finished him off.

Almost, we were second to last. He made a very brief attempt to restart his career at the start of the following season, coming on for 13 minutes as a sub in the Bury home defeat by Carlisle on 22 September 2018. Doncaster lad Jerry Yates got sent off for Carlisle in the same game, on loan from Rotherham.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2021, 06:43:51 pm by pib »

Not one for having a go at journalists/commentators for the sake of it, but that commentary on the BBC was dreadful today and extremely annoying to listen to.

Extremely patronising and belittling towards DRFC at times and there were so many occasions where they got their basic facts and players names wrong. You’d think they had done their research so putting it into practise should’ve been the easy bit.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2021, 06:52:31 pm by scawsby steve »

Come on SS seriously, is that what you think. We were playing the most in form team in the premier league.

That's no excuse for not doing the basics that we've done all season. Our passing was dreadful, and players like Butts and big Tom, who've been immense all season, had stinkers today.

Scared rabbits in the headlights is how I'd describe our lads today.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2021, 07:11:46 pm by Campsall rover »

That's no excuse for not doing the basics that we've done all season. Our passing was dreadful, and players like Butts and big Tom, who've been immense all season, had stinkers today.

Scared rabbits in the headlights is how I'd describe our lads today.
SS we were not playing Burton Albion today ( no disrespect to them ) but to say Anderson & Butler had stinkers is a statement that does not allow for the quality of the opposition they were up against.

I am not sure what you were expecting but it was exactly as i expected.  That is the reason i put Lose on the P & O thread. First time in 2 years i have done that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2021, 08:26:53 pm by selby »
  Paul, they were one of the few premiership teams at it from the off today and got the start they wanted. Moyes is doing a great job there  and it was obvious he had made it plain what he expected from his team.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 23, 2021, 09:03:33 pm by Drover »

Exactly,West Ham are only 2pts behind last season premier league champions,they was really up for it today,much more than at Stockport,I think DM may have got it a little wrong,but not 4-0 wrong,West Ham's fitness and better players were on top of their game today,too good for us.They not currently doing so well for nothing.Disappointing,but if we going to get a beating,I'd rather it be against a good Premier league side in a cup game than the league.By the way,Im not certain,but think this is only the second time we have lost a game by more than 1 goal this season and that was a cup game too.Move on and lets hope we resume normal service against Afc Wimbledon.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2021, 09:07:18 pm by Pancho Regan »
Very complimentary about Rovers saying we have are a very good team with an excellent manager and we have every chance of automatic promotion.

Are you for real? I mean, honestly, you choose to start a thread totally based on some throw-away, bulls*it comments by a second-rate football pundit who speaks in never-ending excruciating cliches?

And we should be proud that he was complimentary about us?!

Well, if he says “we are a very good team with an excellent manager and  we have every chance of automatic promotion” then that’s it then! Job done!

For heaven’s sake Campsall, I know you are a huge Leeds fan but that doesn’t mean we have to hang on to every dribble of every comment by one of their former players who talks absolute s**t most of the time.

I despair sometimes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2021, 09:47:21 pm by Campsall rover »

Are you for real? I mean, honestly, you choose to start a thread totally based on some throw-away, bulls*it comments by a second-rate football pundit who speaks in never-ending excruciating cliches?

And we should be proud that he was complimentary about us?!

Well, if he says %u201Cwe are a very good team with an excellent manager and  we have every chance of automatic promotion%u201D then that%u2019s it then! Job done!

For heaven%u2019s sake Campsall, I know you are a huge Leeds fan but that doesn%u2019t mean we have to hang on to every dribble of every comment by one of their former players who talks absolute s**t most of the time.

I despair sometimes.
Pancho I just quoted what Beckford said today.  Who said we should be proud about it. What the hell has Leeds United got to do with it.

Despair Pancho too right I do despair when I read that post
Get a life.   Absolutely pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:13:07 pm by Campsall rover »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2021, 10:21:47 pm by Pancho Regan »
I have a life thank you.

‘Absolutely pathetic’ is how I would describe a thread about Jermaine  Beckford’s opinions on our club’s fortunes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2021, 10:26:57 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, they were one of the few premiership teams at it from the off today and got the start they wanted. Moyes is doing a great job there  and it was obvious he had made it plain what he expected from his team.
Bang on. Which is what West Ham were today unfortunately.
DM said as much as did David Moyes.

Sometimes we just have to hold our hands up and accept that the opposition were much superior.
But to say we didn’t give it a go is not the way i saw it. West Ham just stifled us and never allowed us to play.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2021, 10:27:50 pm by Campsall rover »
I have a life thank you.

%u2018Absolutely pathetic%u2019 is how I would describe a thread about Jermaine  Beckford%u2019s opinions on our club%u2019s fortunes.
You made that very clear in your 1st post.
Well my apologies.  :facepalm:

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 23, 2021, 10:41:11 pm by Pancho Regan »
I have a life thank you.

%u2018Absolutely pathetic%u2019 is how I would describe a thread about Jermaine  Beckford%u2019s opinions on our club%u2019s fortunes.
You made that very clear in your 1st post.
Well my apologies.  :facepalm:

Apology accepted.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 23, 2021, 10:48:28 pm by Draytonian III »
West Ham United 7th in the Premiership above Chelsea,Arsenal,Leeds Utd

Doncaster Rovers 5th in League 1 above Wimbledon,Burton A,Northampton T

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 23, 2021, 11:07:38 pm by Pancho Regan »
West Ham United 7th in the Premiership above Chelsea,Arsenal,Leeds Utd

Doncaster Rovers 5th in League 1 above Wimbledon,Burton A,Northampton T

Is this new information?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 23, 2021, 11:08:44 pm by Janso »
Campsall crying because not everyone likes someone associated with Leeds United shocker.

In other news, bloke in white robes and pointy hat spotted in the Vatican City.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 23, 2021, 11:15:50 pm by Pancho Regan »
Just one final word from me on this thread ..... why?!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012