Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:07:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This Harry & Megan business  (Read 5224 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
This Harry & Megan business
« on March 08, 2021, 02:00:37 pm by River Don »
So they don't like the intrusivenesss of the British press and the demands of being in 'the firm' , so they sod off to America...

Where they continually court the media, culminating in a full 2 hour long expose with Oprah. And one of their main complaints is the young boy isn't getting a royal title and they want free security.

It seems to me they want to make up their minds what they do want because it appears they're trying to claw back all the royal attention they supposedly didn't want.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: This Harry & Megan business
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2021, 02:12:35 pm by Filo »
There were warnings of what she is like from her half siblings, everyone just brushed those warnings aside as jealousy.She plays the race card, and at the same time blames her estranged father for being mixed race. Another American divorcee causing trouble

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2021, 02:57:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Viva La Republic

Referendum 50 / 50 ?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2021, 03:33:15 pm by MachoMadness »
Far from a royalist but come on. The way those 2 have been treated is disgraceful. Our press is constantly hounding them to the point where they've left the country, and they're still going! What's Meghan actually supposed to have done to warrant being savaged worse than Prince Andrew, who is an actual nonce wanted by the FBI? Like what is she actually on record as having said or done? f**k all, apart from be a black woman who's an actress. She's too low-born, she isn't his distant cousin so Harry's breaking royal protocol by marrying her. And if you think that's "playing the race card", what other explanation would you come up with for this? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

There's a difference between doing an interview on your terms and being hounded and abused by the press to the point where you need to leave the country. Maybe, just maybe, Harry remembers how the royals and the press treated his mam, and he's decided he doesn't want any part of it now he sees the same thing happening again.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 08, 2021, 03:41:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Does anybody like the intrusiveness of the British press?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 08, 2021, 03:42:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's both for me. The British press are shocking and I do believe her on racism in the royal family. But then again she's gone over there to get away from our press yet appears on Oprah, etc which would obviously entice the press.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 08, 2021, 03:51:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Typical of the rags that we call the Press MM. That last double standards piece by Sarah Vine tops the lot. At least in most cases there's a seemly gap of a couple of years between the articles fawning over one and haranguing the other. Vine does a flip in barely six weeks. Quite an achievement for Michael Gove to find a wife who has even lower standards than his own.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 08, 2021, 04:02:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought she was treated just the same as anyone else in the royal family by the public. I never heard any mention of her race and her wedding to Harry was celebrated as much as any other royal wedding, and more than some of them. Personally, I didn't even notice she was Black, and I suspect many others didn't either. Not that it would have made an ha'peth of difference.

It's as though she's exploiting her race withing the royal family similar to Daffyd's claim of being the only gay in the village in the Little Britain TV show, in a badly done to way, so she could bugger off back to America with Harry, on her terms.

It seems to me she's spent her adult life trying to cop off with someone famous and finally pulled Prince Harry. He's fallen for it hook, line and sinker and moved to California because she didn't want to live in England.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2021, 05:01:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I have a bit of sympathy for Harry, I'm not sure he's ever wanted to be royal etc.  But I'm surprised given he wants quietness that he's bringing it up so much? Feels more like a business move than anything else and that is what I struggle with.

The press should just agree to leave them alone, nobody really cares do they?  Let them do what they want as long as they get no public money that's fine.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2021, 05:37:05 pm by idler »
It would be very revealing if they were ignored by the world press and then started courting exposure at every opportunity. A likely scenario I think if it were to happen.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2021, 06:06:48 pm by selby »
  Another one who used slippy knickers to catch a sprat.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2021, 06:52:04 pm by Getridorit »
Thing is she was warned fully, and asked several times 'are you sure' before marrying into royalty.

She's been accused of bullying, and has gone through so many staff and nanny's, it just backs up the bullying accusation.

She's now been very well paid for an interview, so its in her interest to sensationalise it and give the network the sensational headlines they paid for.

There's a clip doing the rounds where she says "that's the truth" it the 2 seconds she says it, she literally blinks almost 10 times, it's obvious she's lying or at least exaggerating.

Countless stories of her upsetting staff, going against protocol, and arguing against hundreds of years old traditions.

Kate was a breath of fresh air, meghan the opposite. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Sorry if I don't believe anything she says.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2021, 06:56:16 pm by Nudga »
Smoke and mirrors.

No one talks about Uncle Peado. Brushed under the carpet, forgotten. Nothing to see here.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2021, 06:59:32 pm by River Don »
It would be very revealing if they were ignored by the world press and then started courting exposure at every opportunity. A likely scenario I think if it were to happen.

It is already happening. He doesn't have a role, all he's got is the connection to royalty. She's an actress who has married a prince. They have a life of luxury to fund and their only real asset is their celebrity. So they need the attention of the press, like it or not they are wedded to it. Unfortunately courting the press is a double edged sword.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2021, 07:11:17 pm by wilts rover »
I thought she was treated just the same as anyone else in the royal family by the public. I never heard any mention of her race and her wedding to Harry was celebrated as much as any other royal wedding, and more than some of them. Personally, I didn't even notice she was Black, and I suspect many others didn't either. Not that it would have made an ha'peth of difference.

It's as though she's exploiting her race withing the royal family similar to Daffyd's claim of being the only gay in the village in the Little Britain TV show, in a badly done to way, so she could bugger off back to America with Harry, on her terms.

It seems to me she's spent her adult life trying to cop off with someone famous and finally pulled Prince Harry. He's fallen for it hook, line and sinker and moved to California because she didn't want to live in England.

But she isn't talking about you. She is talking about the royal family.

Who had no problem welcoming the introduction into their ranks of the daughter of an SS Major.

Who thought wearing a blackamoor brooch to have dinner with Meghan was entirely appropriate and wouldn't be a problem in 21st century Britain:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2021, 07:18:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Kate was a breath of fresh air, meghan the opposite. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Qwhite an interesting point.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2021, 07:47:41 pm by River Don »

I like it when they are exposing duck islands and other MPs expenses claims.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2021, 07:54:13 pm by Sandy Lane »
From the comments I can’t tell if it has been shown yet in the UK, but if not be sure to watch because it is very disturbing. I figured it would be a tell-all superficial interview, but it was a deeply personal conversation that was truly upsetting.  Some of it is cringeworthy and you can see them steel themselves when asked some of the questions.  Oprah is direct and pointed in her questions and asked for clarification more than once. To be fair whether you like Megan or not, Harry verified all of her comments.

My personal opinion is they tried to get rid of her from the beginning and was racially motivated.  Maybe not the royals themselves so much as the people behind the machine. 

Here is a good synopsis.

https://apple.news/ASHULP9wUQv2Hnqk2t2yQRg

Also a Twitter feed from an ITV reporter:

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1368729014966382596?s=21

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2021, 08:00:12 pm by scawsby steve »
Personally, I couldn't give a flying sh*t about any of this.

I'm much more interested in Andy Butler's magic hat at the moment.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2021, 08:28:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »

But she isn't talking about you. She is talking about the royal family.

Who had no problem welcoming the introduction into their ranks of the daughter of an SS Major.

Who thought wearing a blackamoor brooch to have dinner with Meghan was entirely appropriate and wouldn't be a problem in 21st century Britain:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724

Who said she is talking about me? She is having a pop at the Royal family this time. She was having a pop at the press before that. Maybe she'll have a pop at me next time, although by all accounts she just wants a quiet, Royal free, Press free, public free life so I might be wrong.

Interesting link. I wonder what makes people so interested in becoming authorities in brooch racism?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 09:22:14 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2021, 08:49:40 pm by SydneyRover »
Personally, I couldn't give a flying sh*t about any of this.

I'm much more interested in Andy Butler's magic hat at the moment.

I've asked for a copy of the interview to be put in my coffin which I'll read later.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 08, 2021, 09:19:12 pm by MachoMadness »

I like it when they are exposing duck islands and other MPs expenses claims.
There are 2 sides to the British press. There's the investigative journalism, holding truth to power side, and the tabloid gutter press side. The Panama papers Vs the Sun's Hillsborough reporting.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 08, 2021, 10:55:13 pm by River Don »
This accusation that the British Press is racist to them. Not very specific is it, the best example they could come up with was conflicting stories about eating avacado.

I noticed at least a couple of the headlines they put on screen to highlight the racist nature of the press were from Danny Baker-gate. A story the press was reporting, about an anti-monarchy DJ who wasn't actually intending to be racist. He was just a stupid and he got sacked for his lack of judgement.

The press industry have asked for specific examples of racial prejudice. I think they will struggle to come up with them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:00:19 pm by River Don »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 08, 2021, 11:34:14 pm by River Don »
The insinuation that security and title were being held back from Archie because he's black was well off the mark too.

The Royal family have had plans to slim down and concentrate on the core family has been in place long before Harry even met Megan. The royals are aware that they need to cut costs.

In all the couples demands for security the words British taxpayer wasn't uttered once.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 08, 2021, 11:37:45 pm by MachoMadness »
RD, check the link up the thread. There's plenty of examples, the avocado thing is just a famous one. What other explanation could there be for covering two similar women in similar roles in such a different manner? That doesn't even get into articles talking about her being "straight outta Compton". She was seen as not royal enough because she's low born and black. There's no other possible explanation.

The royals could have stepped in at any point to make it go away, but they didn't. They stepped in to stop people calling Andrew a nonce but not to stop them going after the black woman? Makes you think. The most telling part was when Harry discussed the invisible contract between the tabloids and the palace. Pulling back the curtain and exposing the game is why the media are so angry, I think. They've been exposed and they're circling the wagons.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 08, 2021, 11:55:47 pm by River Don »
Alright MM there is a lot to go through there but if we take the now infamous flower girl spat.

The Express reported Kate Middleton had a posy in her hands that included Lily of the Valley.

Later the Express reported that the flower girls at Megan's wedding had Lilly of the Valley in their headdresses. They then point out the flower is poisonous and it might not have been such a good idea to include them for little kids.

It looks like Kate scolded Megan about this and there were tears. Shocking. Were the press briefed about this oversight by Kate's team?...

Racial prejudice? I don't think it is. In the first instance a responsible adult is handling poisonous flowers in the second, small children.

They won't make that complaint of prejudice stick at the press complaints commission.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:06:47 am by River Don »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 09, 2021, 12:56:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
RD.

Racial prejudice doesn't usually manifest itself as someone screaming "I'm going to have an unfair pop at you because you are black."

It usually manifests itself as someone having an unfair pop at someone who happens to be black, in a "I'm not racist!" deniable context.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 09, 2021, 01:04:07 am by River Don »
BST

Take a look how often those disparaging remarks in the press are attributed to a palace aide or could quite easily have been requested from the palace.

My guess is what the complaint actually is, is someone in the family has been briefing against them...

Less to do with structural racism in the British press, more family tensions I'd say.

I agree with Harry on one point, the Royals are held in a bubble. They are prisoners in a guilded cage.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:35:52 am by River Don »

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 09, 2021, 08:45:02 am by Getridorit »
RD.

Racial prejudice doesn't usually manifest itself as someone screaming "I'm going to have an unfair pop at you because you are black."

It usually manifests itself as someone having an unfair pop at someone who happens to be black, in a "I'm not racist!" deniable context.
I understand that, and admittedly only recently.

However, how do you prove it?
I dare say the person being racist, isn't even aware they are.

Also opens up any ethnic person to play the race card when they are legitimately
Criticised for doing something wrong.

How do you stop that?

This thing with Megan, has nothing to do with her race, despite her trying to make it so, I feel.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 09, 2021, 09:06:06 am by Filo »
RD.

I understand that, and admittedly only recently.

However, how do you prove it?
I dare say the person being racist, isn't even aware they are.

Also opens up any ethnic person to play the race card when they are legitimately
Criticised for doing something wrong.

How do you stop that?

This thing with Megan, has nothing to do with her race, despite her trying to make it so, I feel.

Conversations take place in every family of an unborn baby about how the baby will look, one aspect might well have been taken well out of context to suggest it’s racist, here are the sort of things everyday family’s would speculate about

Will the baby have ginger hair like it’s dad or darker hair like it’s mum?

Will the baby have fair skin like his dad or darker skin like his mum?

Will the baby be tall like his dad or shorter like his mum?

The list goes on and on, and no different to conversation in normal family’s, in my opinion they have played the race card massively, and due to the BLM stuff in America the Americans have bought it lock stock and barrel and Ophera has mad a few quid as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012