Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:23:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remind me again why we left the EU  (Read 33271 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Remind me again why we left the EU
« Reply #300 on April 02, 2021, 09:44:28 am by SydneyRover »
is there an echo in here, I'm sure I heard that yesterday too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on April 02, 2021, 09:54:16 am by foxbat »
Brexit: Scottish dog food fir
m relocates to France due to export red tape.

The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of th
e new trade barriers in place since 1 January.

Antoon Murphy said he was left with no other option than to relocate or face losing the business.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on April 02, 2021, 09:55:28 am by drfchound »
Yep, there sure is an echo.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on April 02, 2021, 09:55:46 am by wilts rover »
Daily Express? How come you lefties can use it as evidence, but us ordinary sensible folk can't?

Anyway, regarding the story, Let's hope we do the same thing in the UK.

You can use the Daily Express as much as you want providing you dont mind anyone sensible pointing out the reality behind its right-wing propoganda and readers.

I don't mind how many probems other British people have so long as we can be cruel to foreigners - seems to be the view of this one...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on April 02, 2021, 10:35:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, I see! So us ordinary sensible folk can use it as evidence, just like you do, but if it doesn't support your lefty views it isn't true and will be pointed out by someone sensible. Who are you going to rely on to do that?

Have you advertised for the vacancy yet?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on April 02, 2021, 10:39:25 am by wilts rover »
Ah, I see! So us ordinary sensible folk can use it as evidence, just like you do, but if it doesn't support your lefty views it isn't true and will be pointed out by someone sensible. Who are you going to rely on to do that?

Have you advertised for the vacancy yet?

Feel free to post all the stories the Daily Express has published into how the UK and British people have benefitted from leaving the EU and then we will see who judges them best. You can be the final arbitrater if that helps.

In your own time...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on April 02, 2021, 11:42:07 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
'What little countrside we have left'?

Aye, right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

Glyn to contra this, where I live which is on the edge of town more and more green space is disappearing by the day and the uptick in houses with little additional infrastructure isn't the right approach.  If you look on the map between edenthorpe and armthorpe where the link road goes is all fields. In 5 years that will all be housing.

Places like Wheatley hall road are perfect for housing (though it does mean yet more traffic lights).  I'd also wonder why we aren't building upwards a little more to save our green spaces?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on April 02, 2021, 12:24:42 pm by drfchound »

Aye, right.

Glyn to contra this, where I live which is on the edge of town more and more green space is disappearing by the day and the uptick in houses with little additional infrastructure isn't the right approach.  If you look on the map between edenthorpe and armthorpe where the link road goes is all fields. In 5 years that will all be housing.

Places like Wheatley hall road are perfect for housing (though it does mean yet more traffic lights).  I'd also wonder why we aren't building upwards a little more to save our green spaces?

Quite right bfyp.
The land on both sides of that link road from Sainsbury’s to the M18 has approved plans for development.

The new link road from the services at J5 that goes into Stainforth is also earmarked for industrial development and housing.

All that land was greenfield and woodland.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on April 02, 2021, 04:01:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Some proper through the looking glass stuff going on in the Scottish independence debate.

SNP who were against Brexit because of the problems of leaving the Single Market are saying they'll be fine being separate from the rest of the UK.

Tory ministers who insisted there'd be no major problems for the UK after leaving the SM are prophesying economic doom for Scotland if it leaves the UK single market.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on April 02, 2021, 08:25:23 pm by wilts rover »

Aye, right.

Quite right bfyp.
The land on both sides of that link road from Sainsbury’s to the M18 has approved plans for development.

The new link road from the services at J5 that goes into Stainforth is also earmarked for industrial development and housing.

Well you would help a government with a slogan of 'Build, Build, Build', who promised to change planning law to allow more building on greenfield sites and are funded by property developers get into power. Did you think it would be 'Build, Build, Build' somewhere else maybe?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on April 02, 2021, 09:05:43 pm by selby »
 Just imagine the turn around in opinions if all the planning permissions on the same sights were for council houses.  The lefties would love it and all those already in private houses in the area would be against it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on April 02, 2021, 09:21:44 pm by SydneyRover »
especially if this minister and this developer were involved selby

''Robert Jenrick says decision to save developer £40m was 'perfectly fair'''

https://www.cityam.com/robert-jenrick-says-decision-to-save-developer-40m-was-perfectly-fair/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on April 02, 2021, 09:25:00 pm by drfchound »

Aye, right.

Quite right bfyp.

Well you would help a government with a slogan of 'Build, Build, Build', who promised to change planning law to allow more building on greenfield sites and are funded by property developers get into power. Did you think it would be 'Build, Build, Build' somewhere else maybe?

Wilts, just remind me where I have helped the government.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on April 02, 2021, 09:36:15 pm by SydneyRover »
well hound any time anyone on the forum criticises this government you put on the pads.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on April 02, 2021, 09:38:15 pm by drfchound »
Against my better judgement SR, I will ask you how that is helping the government.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #315 on April 02, 2021, 09:40:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Your undying support does not usually allow for a debate around the facts where the failure of the government are discussed in logical way, you do have plnty of help in this matter I have to say.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on April 02, 2021, 09:43:56 pm by drfchound »
Your undying support does not usually allow for a debate around the facts where the failure of the government are discussed in logical way, you do have plnty of help in this matter I have to say.

1. How does that help the government, you didn’t say.
2. How do I have pinty  (plenty I assume) of help.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on April 02, 2021, 09:45:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Not sure I can help you further hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on April 02, 2021, 09:48:03 pm by drfchound »
Great.
Not having an answer to my question has probably shut you up.

Anyway, I went against my better judgement by letting you suck me in there but hey ho, I suppose it gave you a rush so I will sleep better for knowing you had someone to talk to tonight.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on April 02, 2021, 09:51:15 pm by SydneyRover »
If bst picked and poked at everything you wrote or made fun of you I could understand you not being happy about it but his posts which are mostly accurate and factual both here and the football forum seem to wind you up, is it jeasousy, what is your problem?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #320 on April 02, 2021, 10:01:31 pm by drfchound »
I am not jealous of him in any way.
Why would I be?
I don’t know him.
I am sure he is more than capable of sticking up for himself and when you began this latest attack on my posts by defending your leader it was against a perfectly viable and factual post I made which bst himself has since acknowledged that I did no wrong to him.
He and I have differing views on many things and don’t need you to be the self appointed referee.
Now kindly find someone else to troll.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on April 02, 2021, 10:04:17 pm by SydneyRover »
you didn't answer the question hound

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on April 02, 2021, 10:05:29 pm by selby »
  There's a blind boil on the end of your nose Syd wants lancing it has been getting up your nose for nearly five years now buddy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on April 02, 2021, 10:07:12 pm by SydneyRover »
thanks for the advice buddy, I know when people start with the insults they've already lost

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on April 03, 2021, 09:56:44 pm by selby »
  you are the serial loser Syd, youn havn't won a lot since 2010, now that's a long run.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #325 on April 03, 2021, 10:55:01 pm by SydneyRover »
remind me again how old you are selby?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #326 on April 03, 2021, 10:58:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just imagine the turn around in opinions if all the planning permissions on the same sights were for council houses.  The lefties would love it and all those already in private houses in the area would be against it.

Interesting comment that.  It came up on a few new housing areas where the so called affordable homes mix with much more expensive homes.  I'm not sure that's a dynamic that works, as it doesn't quite look right in some ways.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on April 04, 2021, 02:22:03 pm by Not Now Kato »
remind me again how old you are selby?

My guess would be 10.  But I may well be wrong, he could be much younger.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #328 on April 04, 2021, 03:36:57 pm by selby »
  you really have had a bad run you two, Have you won any with the wife over the last ten years? I bet that's why you come on here when your not doing the housework.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on April 04, 2021, 05:42:59 pm by selby »
 VW shedding 5000 jobs with more to come

TinyPortal © 2005-2012