Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:16:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD V Charlton  (Read 10047 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: TLOD V Charlton
« Reply #120 on April 02, 2021, 02:10:24 pm by dickos1 »
The players have no faith in Butler according to SM they were all on a Bonus to get to playoffs. Board now they don’t have to pay that by appointing AB. Talk about playoffs but really it’s all talk.

What a load of nonsense that is

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 02, 2021, 02:11:11 pm by Rovers91 »
We need a proper manager in and desperately we are clueless with no direction under Butler.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 02, 2021, 02:12:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wonder how our some people on here would be if an experienced manager had come and we'd had the exact same results.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 02, 2021, 02:12:14 pm by Metalmicky »
I've not watched a game this year - but whoever said that Bogle was a good player needs to go to Spec Savers.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on April 02, 2021, 02:12:20 pm by StocksArmy »
It will paper over so many cracks if we get something from this

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 02, 2021, 02:12:31 pm by belton rover »
There seems to be a complete lack of belief. I don’t think the defence believe they can stop goals going in, the strikers have no belief that they can beat defenders and score. I’ve just watched Halliday run towards the box with no belief that he will do something with the ball. I don’t think Butler believes he can out wit the opposition or instil any belief in the players.
It’s very worrying because the longer this goes on, the harder it will be, and the longer it will take to put right.
And I don’t mean this season - this season is over.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 02, 2021, 02:12:46 pm by colincramb »
We really are poor. We haven’t created even 1 clear cut chance at home or away in the last 2 games. Unless we score from range we really don’t look like we know how to score a goal

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on April 02, 2021, 02:13:24 pm by eastender »
Would love to see Bogle and Okenabirhie in the Championship, i bet the opposition would Sh#t them selves.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on April 02, 2021, 02:13:46 pm by dickos1 »
I've not watched a game this year - but whoever said that Bogle was a good player needs to go to Spec Savers.

So you’re judging him on 80 mins

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 02, 2021, 02:14:12 pm by anton123 »
We need to either sack butler now or give him a year deal so the new manager can come in and build for next season or butts and the players know what’s happening as it seems like the club as a whole from top to bottom does not have a clue what’s going on

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 02, 2021, 02:14:40 pm by Getridorit »
I’m not sure what AB could have done differently to any other manager ....the team is still the same, the defence is still dodgy at best.....how would a new Manager manage to manage this lot?

You can only work with what you have at the end of the day....

I am not sure that Butler could do any more than he’s currently doing....we are a poor team that had a few good results, a few very lucky wins, and some well justified defeats......
The players have got an easy ride with butler.
The more I think about it, the more stupid his appointment seems

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 02, 2021, 02:15:46 pm by swain_drfc »
I’m not sure what AB could have done differently to any other manager ....the team is still the same, the defence is still dodgy at best.....how would a new Manager manage to manage this lot?

I am not sure that Butler could do any more than he’s currently doing....we are a poor team that had a few good results, a few very lucky wins, and some well justified defeats......

A new manager would have given them a good shake up.

Ive said it before, Butler is one of the lads. He should not have been appointed and even more so without an experienced assistant with him. This is total b*llocks and we are a laughing stock. Ipswich, Pompy and Charlton all battling or promotion and appoint experienced managers. We appoint our Women's coach.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on April 02, 2021, 02:16:28 pm by Dutch Uncle »
At least the ref has had a good game so far

Until now.

Red for last man with cynical foul on Bogle - not even given as foul

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 02, 2021, 02:17:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Would love to see Bogle and Okenabirhie in the Championship, i bet the opposition would Sh#t them selves.

Thing is though, out of our entire squad of what we own how many of them would cope in the Championship?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on April 02, 2021, 02:17:25 pm by Scooter »
I really want Butler to succeed. But this team need a confidence lift and some shooting practice. I haven’t counted one decent shot in this game

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on April 02, 2021, 02:17:37 pm by Metalmicky »

So you’re judging him on 80 mins

I guess so..... seems like he's lost TBH..

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 02, 2021, 02:18:07 pm by NickDRFC »
The decision not to appoint an assistant is a joke and I really don’t understand what went wrong there given we were talking to people and supposedly close to appointing one. Naive at best, incompetent at worst.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 02, 2021, 02:18:40 pm by dickos1 »
He’s had a poor game today,
Still think he gives us much more than okenabirhie

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 02, 2021, 02:19:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
The players have no faith in Butler according to SM they were all on a Bonus to get to playoffs. Board now they don’t have to pay that by appointing AB. Talk about playoffs but really it’s all talk.

Absolute rubbish.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 02, 2021, 02:19:52 pm by Metalmicky »
The decision not to appoint an assistant is a joke and I really don’t understand what went wrong there given we were talking to people and supposedly close to appointing one. Naive at best, incompetent at worst.

Says who...?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 02, 2021, 02:20:13 pm by River Don »
I think I would say to Butler, sorry its not working, we're going to start looking for someone else.

Then I would ask Copps if he'd take it on until someone else comes in.  I know it's not something he has shown much inclination towards but he has worked under a wide array of managers and  SOD was particularly influential to him.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 02, 2021, 02:21:07 pm by sha66y »

Ive said it before, Butler is one of the lads. He should not have been appointed and even more so without an experienced assistant with him. This is total b*llocks and we are a laughing stock. Ipswich, Pompy and Charlton all battling or promotion and appoint experienced managers. We appoint our Women's coach.

A good shake up?
These are professional footballers forchristsake, they should not need any shaking up at all....

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 02, 2021, 02:21:40 pm by Metalmicky »
He’s had a poor game today,
Still think he gives us much more than okenabirhie

Wouldn't disagree on today's performance.... both really average IMO.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on April 02, 2021, 02:22:25 pm by Metalmicky »
I think I would say to Butler, sorry its not working, we're going to start looking for someone else.

Then I would ask Copps if he'd take it on until someone else comes in.  I know it's not something he has shown much inclination towards but he has worked under a wide array of managers and  SOD was particularly influential to him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 02, 2021, 02:23:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Ahh this seems like an excellent and interesting theory. The board clearly weighed up the extra money they'd receive from being in the Championship and the smaller fee of a promotion bonus and went lol let's keep paying £2m a year.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 02, 2021, 02:23:37 pm by River Don »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why so funny? It would probably only be for a couple of games.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 02, 2021, 02:24:11 pm by bpoolrover »
It wouldn’t be so bad if we were entertained and lost, since Christmas we have been nothing short of shit

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on April 02, 2021, 02:24:17 pm by swain_drfc »

A good shake up?
These are professional footballers forchristsake, they should not need any shaking up at all....

When you have as many young loan players as we do then an experienced manager is needed.

RoverinLincs

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on April 02, 2021, 02:24:25 pm by RoverinLincs »
How can a professional keeper at this level kick the ball straight off the pitch so many times? Surely this needs to be addressed!

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 02, 2021, 02:24:41 pm by jmt23 »
Until Lokilo came on we didnt really stick a cross in the box, what do you want our forwards to do? We create naff all for them, I've said it before, as a forward player you would be so frustrated to play for us.

Its nice to see CJ at his prefered position, and he's snuffed out any chance they have had since coming on. Time for a sustained time in the team at that position.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012