Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:22:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD V Charlton  (Read 10048 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Re: TLOD V Charlton
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2021, 01:23:18 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Can’t believe ppl putting any sort of blame on  jones for the goal. James was the wrong side of the man and got outmuscled jones can’t do anything about that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2021, 01:23:24 pm by Filo »
We’re playing well, we will get something from this game.

We don’t look like scoring, it’s shite, and it can’t be just me thats getting pissed off with it, Butler sais in the week we were raring to go, it looks like we’ve gone!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2021, 01:23:37 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
We haven’t got a clue, no purpose, to slow and predictable shite!

Come on Filo, stop sitting on the fence!  :lol:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2021, 01:24:03 pm by drfchound »
I didn’t see anything on the advertising boards in the 26th minute that the commentary team were on about at kick off.

I saw the One More Year thing on the 20th minute.

Didn’t see it myself but the commentator said it was to be 26th min.

Cheers for that. I wonder why they chose the 20th minute.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2021, 01:25:37 pm by Metalmicky »
I think we miss an Alfie May type figure - one that hustles the defenders and unsettles them - at the moment a bit too easy to defend against...

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2021, 01:26:58 pm by redarmy82 »
Agree with Matt Mills. It's men against boys. You can see which team is experienced and has an experienced man at the helm

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2021, 01:28:22 pm by swain_drfc »
Ludicrous decision. Team in the play offs lose their manager and appoint a part time women’s coach.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2021, 01:28:38 pm by sha66y »
Can’t believe ppl putting any sort of blame on  jones for the goal. James was the wrong side of the man and got outmuscled jones can’t do anything about that.

Wrong place ...wrong time! .......lol

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2021, 01:28:49 pm by bpoolrover »
Need Richards on at least someone who will show some intent to attack there goal

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2021, 01:29:07 pm by Rovers91 »
The football is just so slow, in this formation you need pace out wide and making them runs in behind we haven't got anyone offering them. James is the one trying to make the runs in behind from left back but Copps and Feji need to be offering more.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 02, 2021, 01:29:38 pm by NickDRFC »

Definitely the defence at fault first and foremost. Anderson was passive, Wright could have come for the second ball but just stayed in no-mans land and then James was far too soft. Jones maybe could have done better but should never have got to that stage.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 02, 2021, 01:30:09 pm by dickos1 »
Their goal was horrendous defending
Anderson, James and Wright all to blame.

Smith not had a kick,
We need someone to run at them and show I’d be bringing lokilo and Richards on for okenabirhie and smith

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 02, 2021, 01:30:16 pm by Metalmicky »
Maybe throw Richards on and see if he is in the mood today...?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 02, 2021, 01:31:08 pm by anton123 »
3-5-2 we are crying out for it with the players we have , copps and fej on the in is pointless that’s two players down get two up top and copps in the hole making things happen , come on butts sort this shit out

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 02, 2021, 01:31:24 pm by Filo »
Ludicrous decision. Team in the play offs lose their manager and appoint a part time women’s coach.

This, in spades! That decision has ruined our season, it’s not over yet, but will soon be if we carry on with AB

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 02, 2021, 01:31:59 pm by colincramb »
We are shaky at best at the back and offer very little upfront. It’s easy to defend against us as we do the same things time after time.

It’s a good job we’ve got points on the board and we are safe. I’ve watched us twice in 6 days now and this side has some talented individuals, but for the reasons I’ve outlined we will be nowhere near the playoffs.

Not the end of the world given the state of things but a big rethink is needed in the summer if we have aspirations of ever getting out of this league again

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 02, 2021, 01:32:43 pm by goalkick »
Agree with Matt Mills. It's men against boys. You can see which team is experienced and has an experienced man at the helm
spot on it’s been the same for some time now. They are controlling the game.we have a lot of possession but no end product.hope we get something out of the game.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 02, 2021, 01:33:32 pm by StocksArmy »
I think it's obvious to everyone why we are struggling. Up front we are hopeless. We haven't a clue when we get to the opposition's area.

What about the defence? Anderson jumps flat footed, Wright cant make his mind up, the forward runs off James and its in our net. This is every week now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 02, 2021, 01:34:11 pm by Campsall rover »

Definitely the defence at fault first and foremost. Anderson was passive, Wright could have come for the second ball but just stayed in no-mans land and then James was far too soft. Jones maybe could have done better but should never have got to that stage.
Watched it again and while the defenders all made a hash of it Jones needed to be braver and smother the shot at his feet.

Sorry I was a keeper and would have put my body on the line to stop the shot.
Yes it’s easy sat on my sofa I know.
 :that:

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 02, 2021, 01:34:58 pm by redarmy82 »

This, in spades! That decision has ruined our season, it’s not over yet, but will soon be if we carry on with AB

Cheap option though.

Why didn't we go after someone like Adkins?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 02, 2021, 01:36:15 pm by redarmy82 »
We are shaky at best at the back and offer very little upfront. It’s easy to defend against us as we do the same things time after time.

It’s a good job we’ve got points on the board and we are safe. I’ve watched us twice in 6 days now and this side has some talented individuals, but for the reasons I’ve outlined we will be nowhere near the playoffs.

Not the end of the world given the state of things but a big rethink is needed in the summer if we have aspirations of ever getting out of this league again

A rethink would mean a change if direction by the club which won't ever happen.

We aren't ever getting out of this league with short term contracts and loan signings and having to rebuild every single year.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 02, 2021, 01:38:19 pm by Metalmicky »
I never realised how handsome Tom Anderson was close up.... :whistle:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 02, 2021, 01:40:44 pm by drfchound »
Ludicrous decision. Team in the play offs lose their manager and appoints a part time women’s coach.

Cheap option though.

Plenty on here disagreed with that.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on April 02, 2021, 01:42:41 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Unusually, two good offside calls, one at each end.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 02, 2021, 01:42:56 pm by Getridorit »

A rethink would mean a change if direction by the club which won't ever happen.

We aren't ever getting out of this league with short term contracts and loan signings and having to rebuild every single year.
It doesn't work, it's so clear.

Charlton have a settled side with experienced pros.
They went and got an experienced manager to replace bowyer.

They literally have the opposite approach to Rovers, and it shows.
It's clear for all to see which is the most ambitious and forward thinking club.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 02, 2021, 01:43:35 pm by Petche »

Cheap option though.

It worked previously when Saunders ditched us but it certainly hasn't worked this time!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 02, 2021, 01:44:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Cheap option though.

It worked previously when Saunders ditched us but it certainly hasn't worked this time!

We were in good form when that happened though?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 02, 2021, 01:46:51 pm by Getridorit »

Sheer insanity wasn't it.
Charlton showed how it should have been handled.

Butler WAS the easy and cheap option.

That and the ridiculous loan (experiment mk2) policy has now been proved to be a very very naive and inexperienced way to run a club.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 02, 2021, 01:48:36 pm by eastender »
Has their keeper got his knees dirty yet.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 02, 2021, 01:49:26 pm by Getridorit »

Cheap option though.

Flynn was vastly experienced.
Butler the opposite

TinyPortal © 2005-2012