Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:33:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Contract situation  (Read 3987 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Contract situation
« on April 13, 2021, 10:29:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Who do we have a definite contractual obligation to keep next season? I mean excluding those where there is an option to extend but we are not tied to doing so. Is it these?

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John

There was an option I think on Taylor. Are all the youth lads up this summer as well?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anton123

• Forum Member
Re: Contract situation
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 10:33:48 pm by anton123 »
Fey as well

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 10:34:34 pm by anton123 »
At least the new manager can build his own team

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 10:37:18 pm by sha66y »
At least the new manager can build his own team

“Can build his own team”......MUST,!!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2021, 10:41:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Lumbered with Bogle, Bostock and Williams.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2021, 10:41:47 pm by mushRTID »
Butler just said he’s got a playing contract whatever happens.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2021, 10:42:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
Well of those, I don't think Bostock will be sticking around next season. Williams has struggled to make an impact yet even with this atrocious team, so you would think he might end up leaving. The rest will likely stick around I would have thought.

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John
Fejiri

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2021, 10:43:28 pm by since-1969 »
Well of those, I don't think Bostock will be sticking around next season. Williams has struggled to make an impact yet even with this atrocious team, so you would think he might end up leaving. The rest will likely stick around I would have thought.

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John
Fejiri
Can’t we just loan all of them out and start with a blank sheet !!

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2021, 11:24:48 pm by TheFunk »
Well these players out of contract or loan have screwed us over. The only pleasure I may get is that I hope they've screwed their own careers over. Any future prospective employers will surely see their parts in this disgraceful shambles.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2021, 11:34:37 pm by goalkick »
Wonderful pair up front for next year.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2021, 11:43:29 pm by Pliskin »
While some of the loan signings have been decent (some have been a waste of time, mind), this thread shows how poor the recruitment really was in the Darren Moore era.

Left behind very little in the way of a decent legacy for his successor to inherit and build on.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2021, 11:52:49 pm by PDX_Rover »
Turns out Moore was a bit of a tw@t really doesn’t it?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2021, 12:13:11 am by Janso »
While some of the loan signings have been decent (some have been a waste of time, mind), this thread shows how poor the recruitment really was in the Darren Moore era.

Left behind very little in the way of a decent legacy for his successor to inherit and build on.

To me it just screams out that he saw this club as nothing more than a stop gap.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2021, 04:19:22 am by keith79 »
I thought the 2 young lad never let themselves down.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2021, 07:09:16 am by NickDRFC »

It does and yet Adam Henshall has gone with a lot of praise - is it really warranted?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2021, 07:49:32 am by aidanstu »
I remember getting battered on this site a few weeks back when I said you can’t build a progressive business with an over reliance on short term Employees and questioned the levels of turnover in staff required every year.

I understand that we will need a limited
Number of loan signings each season but the best team we had in my 35 years of supporting the club was under SOD; he took time to grow the team but taught them the methods of his ways, developed players and taught them accountability. You simply can’t do that with players on short term contracts and the last few weeks have proved my point.

I don’t blame this situation on Moore or Butler they are given the tools to work with. The board may point to Covid for the over reliance on loan players but this situation has been developing for much longer than the pandemic has been around.

I don’t want to get into board bashing or demanding their exit because in a lot of ways they are excellent. If we want to be sustainable club on the field however they need to find a third way and they are not going to find all the answers in the loan market.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:24:45 am by aidanstu »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2021, 08:04:18 am by idler »
Do we know for definite that DM wanted more loans and less contracted players though?
The board may well have listened if he had identified a couple of good solid players to tie down on contract.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2021, 08:15:32 am by BradwellRover »
Do we know for definite that DM wanted more loans and less contracted players though?
The board may well have listened if he had identified a couple of good solid players to tie down on contract.

You mean like Bostock and Bogle?!!!

Quite frankly I find the revisionism on here unbelievable. Most of us (me included), if we are honest with ourselves, were on a real high when the Board signed those two and secured Sims (and others).  It showed real ambition and commitment to what was looking like a run to automatic promotion. If you look back now, this platform was full of positivity.

The fact that performances then dropped off a cliff is with Moore, the players and Butler (to a lesser degree).  All of the tools are in place. 

The only thing you can throw at the Board as far as I am concerned, is that the appointment of Butler was a mistake.  But that’s only with hindsight.  Again, most of us were excited when he was installed.

Some people need to get a grip.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2021, 08:20:48 am by Chris Black come back »
We cannot expect this to work every time but the model should surely be Kane and Wilks, two loan lads who make a real difference, play week in, week out, then we have a reasonable chance of signing them at the end of the loan period.

At present we seem to be filling out squad with lots of players who don’t make that difference, only get through 45mins and they are not long term signing potential. 

Many the COVID impact of last two seasons has affected this calculation, but our 7 (?) loans this season have been very hit and miss and arguably too disrupted to have been much use.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2021, 08:24:21 am by sedwardsdrfc »

Quite frankly I find the revisionism on here unbelievable. Most of us (me included), if we are honest with ourselves, were on a real high when the Board signed those two and secured Sims (and others).  It showed real ambition and commitment to what was looking like a run to automatic promotion. If you look back now, this platform was full of positivity.

The fact that performances then dropped off a cliff is with Moore, the players and Butler (to a lesser degree).  All of the tools are in place. 

The only thing you can throw at the Board as far as I am concerned, is that the appointment of Butler was a mistake.  But that’s only with hindsight.  Again, most of us were excited when he was installed.

This is so true while we're disappointed with what's happened since the board gave the tools to the manager to get the job done. The contract situation also has been put down to Moore rather than the board saying things must be on hold.

As you say Butler was a mistake but they acted quick something a lot of people have been demanding. Probably need to remember that next time a manager leaves. Better to have a 6wk appointment process than a 8-10wk trial with whoever was easy to appoint quick followed by a 6wk search when it goes tits.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2021, 08:45:51 am by eastender »
Butler just said he’s got a playing contract whatever happens.
Probably a safety net the board gave AB in case he failed as stand in manager.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2021, 09:10:30 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Having said all of this on loan players would I be happy if some remained? Yes I would.

Sims - did well pre injury and has talent in a good team.  Question on how risky it would be given his fitness but he's a good player who you'd want to have in the squad.  Wouldn't push the budget out though.

Smith - clearly has potential but question over what he needs alongside him. Looked a good partneraship with Bostock first half last night for example but he can fade a bit.

Richards - good player and can't see him having the discipline at this level. Too much of a luxury and wrong mentality for me.

Simoes - just not good enough.

John Jules - if we could get him back I would, our best striker when he was fit, problem is he's been out nearly all season.

Balcombe - better than Bursik but I still don't want a loan keeper. Not seen him do anything Jones hasn't.

The problem for me with them is injuries clearly and a question on the volume. But, have they been that bad? I don't think so.  Granted not to the level of wilks, Kane, Ramsey but still have had an impact.  Richards is the most talented but he does not still have the work ethic that Kane, Ramsey had in that position.  If Richards and Smith could take the better attributes of each there's a brilliant player, both have contrasting issues.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2021, 10:12:37 am by godlike1 »

I agree although caveat that I always wanted AB to be supported with someone more experienced

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2021, 10:24:20 am by silent majority »

What I do know is that the club have always been of the mind that we should have between 3-5 loans of the Wilkes/Kane type.

However, because of the contracted season, playing Saturday/Tuesday, and the impact of Covid, the Board agreed to bolster the squad with more loan players as was the position that DM adopted. He wanted to bolster the bench in preparation for injuries that he felt would come, therefore we loaned the likes of Simoes and Robertson to do that.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2021, 03:17:59 pm by idler »

Just back in and seen this.
I wasn't having a go at the board. More the fans that criticise the number of loans. Had DM wanted more contracted players at the start of the season it was up to him to identify them and ask the board to get them here. The board backed DM pre season and again in January and I was happy when Bogle and Bostock signed. I don't think that you will find a post where I have slated the board or Andy Butler.
I lay a lot of our problems at Darren Moores door. I have seen far worse situations as well since my first Rovers match in 1958.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2021, 03:30:52 pm by the vicar »
Who do we have a definite contractual obligation to keep next season? I mean excluding those where there is an option to extend but we are not tied to doing so. Is it these?

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John

There was an option I think on Taylor. Are all the youth lads up this summer as well?
saying that I think there will be a lot of good players available in the summer and will have to lower there wage demands to get a club, as clubs will have to lower there playing squads with the current economic situation and a lot of players will find it hard to get a job. That is just my way of thinking

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 14, 2021, 04:26:54 pm by silent majority »

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John

saying that I think there will be a lot of good players available in the summer and will have to lower there wage demands to get a club, as clubs will have to lower there playing squads with the current economic situation and a lot of players will find it hard to get a job. That is just my way of thinking

Good point that Dave.

It's well known that in the EFL at this moment in time most clubs are holding back, very few contracts are being lined up if any. The power will switch back to the clubs for next season when it comes to player selection and wage demands.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 14, 2021, 05:05:41 pm by GazLaz »

Bogle
Bostock
Anderson
Williams
John

They said that about this season. It’s all relative, you are where you are in the pecking order. That doesn’t change. 

Players have been available all along MK signed Matt O’Riley and Josh McEachran in January. Both fantastic footballers. O’Riley with plenty of sell on potential as well.

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 14, 2021, 05:11:31 pm by jm291 »
The more I think about it the more it annoys me we gave Bogle an 18 month deal. The guy hasn't had one good move since Grimsby 5 years ago. We should have offered a 6 month deal with the chance to extend if he proved himself. We are now stuck with him for at least another season. Bet he's on a decent wedge too!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 14, 2021, 05:13:51 pm by since-1969 »
The more I think about it the more it annoys me we gave Bogle an 18 month deal. The guy hasn't had one good move since Grimsby 5 years ago. We should have offered a 6 month deal with the chance to extend if he proved himself. We are now stuck with him for at least another season. Bet he's on a decent wedge too!
You can ask a fee to who ever wants him £?? .00

TinyPortal © 2005-2012