Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:22:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Championship  (Read 17770 times)

murham

• Forum Member
Championship
« on May 04, 2021, 10:23:07 pm by murham »
Donny doesn’t want the championship

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Recent results after January

Loan players

Accept it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Championship
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2021, 10:25:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
By Donny do you mean the town?

What do you mean by cost?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2021, 10:27:31 pm by scawsby steve »

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Loan players

Accept it

So the board are telling the players to go out and lose, so we can stay in League 1?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2021, 10:29:12 pm by vaya »

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Loan players

Accept it

Why do you care? You're a Goole fan.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2021, 10:31:00 pm by Draytonian III »

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Loan players

Accept it

What a strange few comments to make, ah well work in the morning

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2021, 10:38:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Michael Gibson's brother?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2021, 10:42:23 pm by MachoMadness »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2021, 10:57:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
Silly sod.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 04, 2021, 11:37:08 pm by no eyed deer »
He's not alone in thinking this way,  but because the majority on here don't, doesn't mean it's a minority.

The collapse since February can't fall solely on players and both managers ?

Say anything about the board on here and you're putting your head above the parapet waiting for the cavalry charge.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 05, 2021, 12:17:33 am by Janso »
He's not alone in thinking this way,  but because the majority on here don't, doesn't mean it's a minority.

Say anything about the board on here and you're putting your head above the parapet waiting for the cavalry charge.

Hahaha trust you to pipe up when things aren't going well.

It isn't the "say anything about the board", it's the unsubstantiated conspiracy b*llocks people come out with time after time based on absolely f**k all that "the cavaly charge" goes after.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:20:03 am by Janso »

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 05, 2021, 12:40:58 am by DMnumber4 »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 05, 2021, 12:52:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Loan players

Accept it

Why do you care? You're a Goole fan.

So the flouncer's back, is he?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 05, 2021, 01:12:18 am by PDX_Rover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 05, 2021, 06:40:24 am by sha66y »

Look at the evidence

Cost

Managers

Loan players

Accept it

Very vague statement murham!
Not enough meat on the bone just an opinion with bullet points!

You would have been better off asking if anyone knows how the board are feeling about this collapse, ................
Rather than accusing them of being the architects!

I disagree in so much as the board are not ambitious to WANT a reasonably successful team,
however whether they have the resources to achieve that, to me is the burning question...

It’s akin to Keeping the car on the road and servicing it regularly to get a lifetimes use....or blowing a huge wedge getting a high performance car that guzzles money but gives you a ride of your life...

.....” Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor”

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 05, 2021, 06:52:16 am by dickos1 »

How has it got anything to do with the board? We were flying in January, looking favourite to finish in the top 2.
How did the board stop that happening?
They gave Moore plenty of cash in January,
You’re implying the players have been losing under the orders of the board which is absolute nonsense

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 05, 2021, 07:01:41 am by firestarter »
WUM

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 05, 2021, 07:18:16 am by no eyed deer »

How has it got anything to do with the board? We were flying in January, looking favourite to finish in the top 2.
You’re implying the players have been losing under the orders of the board which is absolute nonsense

Not saying they told the players to lose, but they did tell AB not to play himself.

Was thinking more about contracts nearing the end and the amount of loans used, lost a few and the team spirit was gone.

Are we in safe hands while they are in charge... Yes, but football to most is about winning, direction and passion and there was plenty of that when JR was in charge.

I just feel they must take some responsibility as well.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 05, 2021, 07:38:55 am by sedwardsdrfc »

Not saying they told the players to lose, but they did tell AB not to play himself.

Was thinking more about contracts nearing the end and the amount of loans used, lost a few and the team spirit was gone.

Are we in safe hands while they are in charge... Yes, but football to most is about winning, direction and passion and there was plenty of that when JR was in charge.

Ay because the owners of Europe’s most successful clubs are all full of passion for the game.....

If your looking to the owners to provide those things somethings gone very wrong at the club. The responsibility they take is for decisions like giving Butler the job till end of the season. Honestly don’t think you can blame them for anything else. Can’t say DM wasn’t backed in Jan after selling Whiteman

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 05, 2021, 08:41:18 am by dickos1 »

I think it was butlers choice to retire from playing,
Of course they should take some responsibility, but I don’t think for a second that they don’t want us to get promoted.
Why would they

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 05, 2021, 09:01:01 am by Avsuptem »
Our dramatic plumet down the table is enough to depress any of us, we look like we are going to finish below Gillingham for God's sake.  And to sustain a place in the Championship would require revenues that the club does not seem to have and we would consequently experience a hammering every week, so, arguably, we are going to be more content as supporters if we spend the season flirting with a top six finish in league one but preferably without falling off a cliff when when we get on the vinegar strokes at the end of the season. Its been a bit like the footballing equivalent of coitus interuptus.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 05, 2021, 09:39:21 am by the vicar »
I don’t want soothing down for this but all I want to do is put the records in place but. Can I just say when we won premonition the other year and we had the celebrations at the dome, my wife me and 4/5 other people was talking to Mr Brammall and Mr Watson was talking and the board members was saying as I said to them “it’s brill winning this and it gives the whole town a massive boost” and Mr Brammall replied we didn’t want to go up, we wanted to be in league 2 where we can be sustainable.  Then he went on to say but I know all you CUSTOMERS get over exited about it, but we have to be realistic.  And that is the whole truth, but I would sooner have them than no clue

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 05, 2021, 11:54:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don’t want soothing down for this but all I want to do is put the records in place but. Can I just say when we won premonition the other year and we had the celebrations at the dome, my wife me and 4/5 other people was talking to Mr Brammall and Mr Watson was talking and the board members was saying as I said to them “it’s brill winning this and it gives the whole town a massive boost” and Mr Brammall replied we didn’t want to go up, we wanted to be in league 2 where we can be sustainable.  Then he went on to say but I know all you CUSTOMERS get over exited about it, but we have to be realistic.  And that is the whole truth, but I would sooner have them than no clue

Are you sure you were talking to Terry because that doesn't sound like him at all? I don't believe he would say such a thing unless he was winding you up!

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 05, 2021, 12:06:48 pm by pigeonhole »

Cool story.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 05, 2021, 12:29:14 pm by dickos1 »
Even if that’s what they believe behind closed doors I’m pretty certain he’s not daft enough to share these thoughts with suppprters

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 05, 2021, 12:55:24 pm by wilts rover »

Why not?

Moore recruited the wrong players in January and did a runner when he realised. Butler wasn't experienced/skilled enough to make up for their shortcomings. End of.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 05, 2021, 01:00:40 pm by NickDRFC »

Why not?

Moore recruited the wrong players in January and did a runner when he realised. Butler wasn't experienced/skilled enough to make up for their shortcomings. End of.

Moore didn’t “do a runner” because he realised he’d brought the wrong players in, he left to go to a job in a higher division. Do you really think he wouldn’t still be here of Wednesday hasn’t come in for him?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:03:26 pm by NickDRFC »

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 05, 2021, 01:47:23 pm by roverstillidie91 »
For the minority who have these views have they though that 23 teams also have their own ambitions i.e promotion, staying up, play offs and that we don't have a divine right to get promoted?

Then again is it not for the boards benefit to be promoted as they wouldn't have to put as much in as our income would go up i.e television money, home and especially gate receipts.

I suppose it would all depend on what we could afford salary wise for the step up.

Unless I am wrong of course.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:49:25 pm by roverstillidie91 »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 05, 2021, 02:06:13 pm by the vicar »
Even if that’s what they believe behind closed doors I’m pretty certain he’s not daft enough to share these thoughts with suppprters
I don’t tell lies mate and as you should know when I say something I hold no punches and say as it is so get that out of your head and YES IT WAS SAID TO 6/7 people

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 05, 2021, 05:55:25 pm by wilts rover »

Why not?

Moore didn’t “do a runner” because he realised he’d brought the wrong players in, he left to go to a job in a higher division. Do you really think he wouldn’t still be here of Wednesday hasn’t come in for him?

Would you prefer to be a manager with a promotion on your CV - or a relegation?

If you achieve that promotion might other job opportunities become available?

I stand by my previous post.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 05, 2021, 06:30:44 pm by silent majority »
I don’t tell lies mate and as you should know when I say something I hold no punches and say as it is so get that out of your head and YES IT WAS SAID TO 6/7 people

Dave, with all due respect, that has never been the position of the current board. I've spoken to the club about financing and ambition probably more than any supporter and I've yet to hear anything of the sort from any board member.

If the ambition was to play at LG2 level why didn't we just stay there during the 2016/17 season? Why did we overspend in an attempt to bounce right back to LG1 at the first attempt?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012