Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:41:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Welcome back Darren Moore  (Read 6088 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Welcome back Darren Moore
« Reply #30 on May 08, 2021, 07:42:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They charge 42 quid for away fans for category A games. We will be Cat A as well now they are in league 1

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 08, 2021, 07:52:17 pm by eastender »
It's been confirmed By Chansiri that DM will be manager next season.
Well that's if they pay him.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 08, 2021, 07:58:05 pm by southwestexile »
Some harsh views on DM here. He’s a decent manager in my opinion and he’ll have a good career. It would be ridiculously harsh to hold him responsible for the relegations at WBA and SWFC. On the whole he got good results here, but that’s tempered by the way in which he left us, and what he’s left behind as far as the longer term interests of the club though. He’ll learn from that I’d expect, and we should move on. Whilst DM did a decent job here, there’s no reason to think the next manager can’t do better.

I never liked his tippy tappy style of play, Jonathan, and he never seemed to have a plan B.

Also, that dreadful playing out from the back was always an accident waiting to happen, and he's not the only manager that does it. I blame FIFA for this; they never should have scrapped the rule of the ball having to go out of the area from a goal kick. Keepers could still knock the ball wide to the full backs and play out from there, but what they're doing now is criminal, with the keeper and full backs tapping the ball about in their own 6 yard box while opposing strikers are bearing down on them. Utter madness.

Anyway, this is all about opinion and speculation, and I personally don't think DM will ever achieve anything in the game.

Hoof, gerrit forrad

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 08, 2021, 08:08:44 pm by scawsby steve »
Some harsh views on DM here. He’s a decent manager in my opinion and he’ll have a good career. It would be ridiculously harsh to hold him responsible for the relegations at WBA and SWFC. On the whole he got good results here, but that’s tempered by the way in which he left us, and what he’s left behind as far as the longer term interests of the club though. He’ll learn from that I’d expect, and we should move on. Whilst DM did a decent job here, there’s no reason to think the next manager can’t do better.

I never liked his tippy tappy style of play, Jonathan, and he never seemed to have a plan B.

Also, that dreadful playing out from the back was always an accident waiting to happen, and he's not the only manager that does it. I blame FIFA for this; they never should have scrapped the rule of the ball having to go out of the area from a goal kick. Keepers could still knock the ball wide to the full backs and play out from there, but what they're doing now is criminal, with the keeper and full backs tapping the ball about in their own 6 yard box while opposing strikers are bearing down on them. Utter madness.

Anyway, this is all about opinion and speculation, and I personally don't think DM will ever achieve anything in the game.

Hoof, gerrit forrad

I'd prefer to call it a somewhat more direct style of play.

Similar to the 2012/13 side. They didn't seem to do too badly.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 08, 2021, 08:12:21 pm by MachoMadness »
If any of you have a sub to the athletic there's a great article on there about what a basket case they are. It was also posted in full on owlstalk forum which is a bit naughty.

They gambled big on promotion and lost, and now they're haemorrhaging money, they pay millions every season to play at Hillsborough, Chansiri is being advised by his now teenage son on signings and managers. Just a Mickey mouse operation.

There's a line in there about Moore, which says he wanted the chance at a championship project, either keeping Wednesday up or getting promotion at the first time of asking. That says to me he didn't have confidence in himself to finish the job here. Bottler.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 08, 2021, 08:12:43 pm by Jonathan »
I think it’s possible to enjoy expansive football played on the deck, and to find the style we played under DM (also on the deck) a bit dull. They’re not one and the same. But you’ve got to credit DM for the fact that it was effective a lot of the time. I just got a bit bored watching us. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 08, 2021, 08:16:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
My problem with it was seeing it being played at walking football pace.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 08, 2021, 08:22:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Some harsh views on DM here. He%u2019s a decent manager in my opinion and he%u2019ll have a good career. It would be ridiculously harsh to hold him responsible for the relegations at WBA and SWFC. On the whole he got good results here, but that%u2019s tempered by the way in which he left us, and what he%u2019s left behind as far as the longer term interests of the club though. He%u2019ll learn from that I%u2019d expect, and we should move on. Whilst DM did a decent job here, there%u2019s no reason to think the next manager can%u2019t do better.

Hoof, gerrit forrad

I'd prefer to call it a somewhat more direct style of play.

Similar to the 2012/13 side. They didn't seem to do too badly.
They may not have been the prettiest team ever but they were a proper team in all meanings of the word.
Full of leaders and winners. Fantastic team spirit.
I have never understood why Dean Saunders has so many detractors because he got that team spirit indoctrinated in the squad with no little help of course from Corporal Jones both in the dressing room and on the park. Brian Flynn just continued what had gone before when he took over.
That was a team that just simply would never lie down. They knew how to keep a lead and if they went behind would be capable of grinding out a draw or win.
We could do with 3/4 of those type of characters in our squad next season. Proper Winners.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:55:19 pm by Campsall rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 08, 2021, 08:32:36 pm by roversdude »
Are Wendies still under a transfer embargo?

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 08, 2021, 09:20:42 pm by jamesrover17 »
I think it was eluded to by Hoden that if Reece was to stay in league 1 it would be with us... All words but interesting

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 08, 2021, 10:25:38 pm by Pancho Regan »

Quite right Jonathan but I'm afraid my childish side will be giving him some grief at the KM next season (given that we're lucky enough to be there).

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 08, 2021, 11:40:08 pm by Donny Dub »

Perhaps he’ll do what his good Christian mate did, sell himself for 30 pieces of silver and then not get paid

Christian no, Judas yes!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 08, 2021, 11:52:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I didn’t find the football particularly great to watch throughout most of his time here either. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t exciting.

Agreed on that last point Jonathan.
At times it was really boring to watch.

And yet for the first half of this season, no team in the division scored more than us. I do wonder what some folk want.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 09, 2021, 09:12:31 am by drfchound »

I didn’t find the football particularly great to watch throughout most of his time here either. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t exciting.

And yet for the first half of this season, no team in the division scored more than us. I do wonder what some folk want.

Irrespective of how many goals we scored, our style of play AT TIMES (see above) was really boring.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 09, 2021, 06:10:52 pm by scawsby steve »

Not this f*cking lot, that's for sure.

We overachieved in the first half of the season, when teams hadn't worked us out. The second half of the season proved that.

Also, Ben Whiteman was so good it looked like a one man team.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 09, 2021, 09:47:34 pm by Campsall rover »
Some harsh views on DM here. He%u2019s a decent manager in my opinion and he%u2019ll have a good career. It would be ridiculously harsh to hold him responsible for the relegations at WBA and SWFC. On the whole he got good results here, but that%u2019s tempered by the way in which he left us, and what he%u2019s left behind as far as the longer term interests of the club though. He%u2019ll learn from that I%u2019d expect, and we should move on. Whilst DM did a decent job here, there%u2019s no reason to think the next manager can%u2019t do better.

I didn%u2019t find the football particularly great to watch throughout most of his time here either. It wasn%u2019t bad, it just wasn%u2019t exciting.

We overachieved in the first half of the season, when teams hadn't worked us out. The second half of the season proved that.

SS cant agree with that.
Yes BW was a massive part of the team. The defence was pretty solid and was one of the best in the league certainly top 4 at the half way stage and as for the attacking part of our game well we were tearing some teams apart.
Sims, Taylor and JJ were using their pace to great effect. Sims in particular was too hot for most defences to handle. A mixture of Whiteman, Smith,James, TJ, Copps and Gomes (early in the season) were controlling games in the midfield.
Up front Okinheberhie was scoring as were Sims and Taylor along with a few screamers from JJ and the midfielders were chipping in with goals also. We had Reece James in a purple patch where he scored 4 goals in a very short space of time.

As has been said we were the joint leading scorers after 23 games. We had games in hand and were set very well to make a serious push for a top 2 place this season.

Some very short memories about how good a team we were.  Same players as we have now other than Whiteman.
No team gets 48 points from 23 games because the were riding their luck. That quite frankly is a nonsense imo.

Our demise started when DM had his head turned probably about the time after we beat Oxford 3-2 at home on 6th Feb.
We then lost 4 and drew 1 of the next 5 games before DM fled to S6 to manage a basket case football club.
Injuries had started to take its toll on the squad with the major loss of Sims and JJ. Then Taylor and Anderson had very long absences. Taylor for the rest of the season. Other players have missed a number of games also. Copps, James, Wright, Smith, Okinheberhie, and Halliday.

We have had a caretaker manager who in hindsight was not the right appointment to keep the ship on an even keel. His lack of experience and tactical nous being very obvious in so many games since he has been in charge. Today being one of the worst tactically imo.

So to sum up is it any wonder the wheels came off and we slipped away alarmingly from a very strong position.
Whiteman leaving, DM departing so suddenly, many crucial injuries and the appointment of a Rovers Stalwart  as caretaker manager for such a long period of time ( to end of season ) with no managerial experience.
All those were combined factors for the capitulation.

So as far as I am concerned it has had nothing to do with the players not being good enough as they showed over the 1st 24 games they were good enough.
The only thing is we can throw at them was a lack of desire in a number of games after we went a goal behind to show some bottle. On the contrary we completely folded like a line of dominoes.
That I cant understand or accept from well paid professional footballers. What caused that attitude to prevail?
Leadership or lack of it?  That is something we do not know really, we can only speculate on that one.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:59:02 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 10, 2021, 09:15:06 am by Campsall rover »
The OP says “ welcome back Darren Moore”

What odds he is not manager of Wednesday by the time we play them or at least by the time we play the 2nd game.  Sacked or maybe he will have walked because not getting paid or the players are not or even tapped up by a Championship club.  ;)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 10, 2021, 09:25:20 am by Chris Black come back »
Plenty said same about Hull City. If they can keep most of them there, Wednesday have enough quality to get promoted despite the financial trainwreck smouldering around the club leadership.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 10, 2021, 09:45:19 am by DMnumber4 »
Listen to Moore carefully, he's a coach, not a manager.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 10, 2021, 11:02:04 am by Bessie Red »

I didn%u2019t find the football particularly great to watch throughout most of his time here either. It wasn%u2019t bad, it just wasn%u2019t exciting.

SS cant agree with that.
Yes BW was a massive part of the team. The defence was pretty solid and was one of the best in the league certainly top 4 at the half way stage and as for the attacking part of our game well we were tearing some teams apart.
Sims, Taylor and JJ were using their pace to great effect. Sims in particular was too hot for most defences to handle. A mixture of Whiteman, Smith,James, TJ, Copps and Gomes (early in the season) were controlling games in the midfield.
Up front Okinheberhie was scoring as were Sims and Taylor along with a few screamers from JJ and the midfielders were chipping in with goals also. We had Reece James in a purple patch where he scored 4 goals in a very short space of time.

As has been said we were the joint leading scorers after 23 games. We had games in hand and were set very well to make a serious push for a top 2 place this season.

Some very short memories about how good a team we were.  Same players as we have now other than Whiteman.
No team gets 48 points from 23 games because the were riding their luck. That quite frankly is a nonsense imo.

Our demise started when DM had his head turned probably about the time after we beat Oxford 3-2 at home on 6th Feb.
We then lost 4 and drew 1 of the next 5 games before DM fled to S6 to manage a basket case football club.
Injuries had started to take its toll on the squad with the major loss of Sims and JJ. Then Taylor and Anderson had very long absences. Taylor for the rest of the season. Other players have missed a number of games also. Copps, James, Wright, Smith, Okinheberhie, and Halliday.

We have had a caretaker manager who in hindsight was not the right appointment to keep the ship on an even keel. His lack of experience and tactical nous being very obvious in so many games since he has been in charge. Today being one of the worst tactically imo.

So to sum up is it any wonder the wheels came off and we slipped away alarmingly from a very strong position.
Whiteman leaving, DM departing so suddenly, many crucial injuries and the appointment of a Rovers Stalwart  as caretaker manager for such a long period of time ( to end of season ) with no managerial experience.

So as far as I am concerned it has had nothing to do with the players not being good enough as they showed over the 1st 24 games they were good enough.
The only thing is we can throw at them was a lack of desire in a number of games after we went a goal behind to show some bottle. On the contrary we completely folded like a line of dominoes.
That I cant understand or accept from well paid professional footballers. What caused that attitude to prevail?
Leadership or lack of it?  That is something we do not know really, we can only speculate on that one.

They showed some bottle against Hull (H), Gillingham (A) & Peterborough (A) to get back into games.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 10, 2021, 11:28:47 am by sha66y »
He shouldn’t be “ welcomed back” under any circumstances....he set a bad example and should be called “ SNAKE2”  along with that other ship jumper at Dull !

The damage he has wrought on this club is going to take a lot to put right ..... and don’t start quoting silly stats to me....I’m looking at the end of year bottom line...

We are talent bereft, and unless the likes of John , Bostock and Bogle don’t commit to being the players someone somewhere expected them to be...then he has left us with a pile of unmoveable  “ deadwood” too...

Booing him for 90 mins is a let off .....

johniemuirslegs

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 10, 2021, 11:45:50 am by johniemuirslegs »

in a nutshell

In a nutshell, SS, Whiteman carried the whole side, everyone could see it, DM especially could, one of the main reasons he walked in my view, knew from the day Whiteman left we were a busted flush

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 10, 2021, 09:09:30 pm by scawsby steve »

SS cant agree with that.

So it was just an attitude problem then? In that case with a new manager in charge, you'll be wanting all these "brilliant" players to still be here next season?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 10, 2021, 10:28:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Now Steve your entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.
No one said they were all brilliant players but they haven’t suddenly all become poor ones.
We are a ship without a rudder at the moment and until we get a new manager who is going to steer the ship back in the right direction then our players are will not be performing to their optimum.
Lack of effort though is unforgivable and a few have been guilty but not all by any means.
Yes i would keep the ones that genuinely want to be here. Those that don’t then bye bye.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 11, 2021, 02:53:13 am by Bristol Red Rover »
In a nutshell, SS, Whiteman carried the whole side, everyone could see it, DM especially could, one of the main reasons he walked in my view, knew from the day Whiteman left we were a busted flush
So busted we went on to win 5 in a row after Whteman left. Somewhere after Fleetwood I think was when DM had his head turned towards Sheff for money and club size.

To a degree I agree about us being worked out as the season progressed but far more the issue was DM wasn't fully present and keeping things fresh when he was repainting his bedroom blue in Feb.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:55:54 am by Bristol Red Rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 11, 2021, 07:58:51 am by roversdude »
Campsall agree with your analogy, to add to that we also lost arguably our best defender in Butler whilst he concentrated on managing

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 11, 2021, 08:16:23 am by idler »
The incident when Balcombe clattered Tom also arguably destabilised two of the mainstays of our defence at that time. Neither looked as confident after that for me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 11, 2021, 08:18:42 am by Chris Black come back »
The incident when Balcombe clattered Tom also arguably destabilised two of the mainstays of our defence at that time. Neither looked as confident after that for me.

Agree with this. Although I lost faith in Balcombe after the debacle at Lincoln when he almost threw it away with his madness at the end. Showed that mentally he wasn’t all there. Very poor decision making.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 11, 2021, 08:24:43 am by idler »
You expect mistakes but you also expect players and coaches to work on this to stop it happening again and again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 11, 2021, 08:45:06 am by Campsall rover »

Agree with this. Although I lost faith in Balcombe after the debacle at Lincoln when he almost threw it away with his madness at the end. Showed that mentally he wasn%u2019t all there. Very poor decision making.
He did exactly the same at Accrington. Yes he is young but must learn quickly not to repeat the same clangers. Potentially though he looks a very good keeper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012