Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:22:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No ambition  (Read 18850 times)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
No ambition
« on August 08, 2021, 12:56:50 am by Redandwhite »
It's clear the donny public are voting with their feet. Today's attendance proved this .
Down to a complete lack of ambition from the board, there's no drive, passion or direction from them .
They seem to be happy letting the club tick over with minimal costs .
It's a shell of the club it once was under john ryan, and we have gone backwards massively. 

We really need a rallying call from the board, some passion and vision !
But there's literally nothing, f**k all !

The marketing is non existent, the club is too concerned with penny pinching from top to bottom.

From the marketing to the food kiosks, its just a ghost town, with no ambition what so ever .

Either sell, or act like you actually want to run the club !

Baldwin and blunt need to go, they are squeezing the life from the club .

Peterborough, Rotherham, Brentford, Oxford, Lincoln,  Wycombe, Shrewsbury, all clubs of similar stature who are vastly better run with more ambition  .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: No ambition
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2021, 01:34:59 am by PDX_Rover »
You’re a delusional idiot. Go support one of those other teams you so admire. Absolute cretin.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2021, 02:02:58 am by Cramby10 »
F**king moron. Grow up.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2021, 02:11:43 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Vote with your feet too and find someone else to shit on.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2021, 02:16:54 am by PDX_Rover »
Registered in May. WUM.

John Ryan is rightly a legend he couldn’t sustain his investment and has a penchant for trying to rewrite history…

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2021, 06:54:49 am by Michael Gibson »
So who’s right the 5000 staying away or the 30 vsc members who some of whom have personal friendships with Baldwin blunt and bramall?? The guys 100 per cent right….. they need to put up or sell up.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2021, 06:55:44 am by sha66y »
It's clear the donny public are voting with their feet. Today's attendance proved this .
Down to a complete lack of ambition from the board, there's no drive, passion or direction from them .
It's a shell of the club it once was under john ryan, and we have gone backwards massively. 

The marketing is non existent, the club is too concerned with penny pinching from top to bottom.

From the marketing to the food kiosks, its just a ghost town, with no ambition what so ever .

Peterborough, Rotherham, Brentford, Oxford, Lincoln,  Wycombe, Shrewsbury, all clubs of similar stature who are vastly better run with more ambition  .

Some points are worthy of discussion

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2021, 07:15:38 am by vaya »

New material needed. Still.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2021, 07:16:39 am by sha66y »
I don’t think it’s that we lack ambition, it’s more a case of being cautious,

in order to sustain football in this town you need financial stability, and that’s what the current board give us,
however when we see other teams “ taking a gamble” by increasing expenditure whether legally or not , some wonder why can’t we take the risk and at least go for it…

I would love the board to express a desire to win promotion with a few million thrown in …..just to see if it pays off, but unfortunately that comes with strings…..( debts)

We are a very good 4th tier budgeted team  cutting it admirably around the midpoint in the 3rd tier,

if you really take a good look at this league and remove the rose tinter’s you will see at least 8-10 teams with greater resources than Donny….they don’t necessarily have more ambition than us,

The debatable point is :
Are we in this division to make up the numbers and wriggle-manage the budget available with the outside hope of reaching the playoffs
Or should the owners role up their sleeves and realise a real investment now may reap greater rewards in a few years time?

It’s a fine balance methinks…
Keeping a community club alive and ticking over for the benefit of the fans or realising that additional funding may reap greater reward..

Personally, I think we need to go down to come back stronger
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 07:20:41 am by sha66y »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2021, 07:26:02 am by EasyforDennis »
Sorry but the go down to come back stronger idea is rubbish. We went down a few years back but have we come back stronger?? No. If we want to gain promotion we need to take some risks. Something that doesn't appear to be on the chairman's list.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2021, 07:32:05 am by dickos1 »
Going down would be a disaster,
Our revenue would drop, we’d need to rebuild again.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 08, 2021, 07:36:31 am by EasyforDennis »
Unfortunately for whatever reason we seem to be rebuilding every season.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 08, 2021, 07:37:52 am by sha66y »

Not necessarily

I wrote quite a few things in my opening statement and you only disagreed with my opinion that we should go down to come back stronger…leading me to think that you agree with the points I made?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 07:44:17 am by sha66y »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 08, 2021, 07:39:28 am by sha66y »
Sorry but the go down to come back stronger idea is rubbish. We went down a few years back but have we come back stronger?? No. If we want to gain promotion we need to take some risks. Something that doesn't appear to be on the chairman's list.

It’s not an idea!
It’s only my opinion

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2021, 08:04:51 am by Campsall rover »
If we had won yesterday would this thread have been started?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2021, 08:12:53 am by EasyforDennis »

If my aunty had b*llocks she would be my uncle!! We didn't win  yesterday.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2021, 08:20:00 am by firestarter »
F**k off and support Rovrum then .. and take your WUM mates with you

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2021, 08:47:14 am by Campsall rover »

If my aunty had b*llocks she would be my uncle!! We didn't win  yesterday.
Brilliant, wish I had thought of that.  :headbang:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2021, 08:53:27 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Even if there was some sort of rallying call, you and Gibson would be on it, tearing it apart with a very similar post to this no doubt.

You are both dillusional and live in a fantasy world where you think everything was rosy whilst John Ryan was chairman. That parallel universe you keep referring to doesn't exist and bears no resemblance to reality.

You have no clue how those clubs are being run you're just guessing.

Even John Ryan dressed as the Pied Piper couldn't pull in 5000 more people. I suppose you've forgotten how he used to complain and say, I just wish more people would get behind the team, when attendances were inevitably waning after the novelty and excitement of the first couple of years in the Championship in a brand new stadium. I suppose you'll say the marketing was great then too? 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2021, 08:56:48 am by the vicar »
we have done that a couple times and it never worked.  Oh yes it did when John Ryan was here and SOD said that needed to happen.  Going down to rebuild is a massive risk to the whole club as going down leaves us light years behind as it could be a few years before we come back up
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 09:04:46 am by the vicar »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2021, 09:06:36 am by the vicar »
I think we have a small club mentality at the moment but a few fans are happy us just ticking over

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 08, 2021, 09:14:19 am by Alan Southstand »
A big difference in going down from the Championship (SOD) to going down to L2.

My pre match apprehension was well and truly borne out in that awful display yesterday and, with very little to call on from the bench, it was an inevitable defeat.

The strength in depth is non existent and we’re going to suffer worse defeats than that one yesterday.

Massive, massive job for RW and it just might be too big a job, considering there’s nothing left in the pot!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2021, 09:27:28 am by sha66y »
A big difference in going down from the Championship (SOD) to going down to L2.

My pre match apprehension was well and truly borne out in that awful display yesterday and, with very little to call on from the bench, it was an inevitable defeat.

The strength in depth is non existent and we’re going to suffer worse defeats than that one yesterday.

Massive, massive job for RW and it just might be too big a job, considering there’s nothing left in the pot!

Your opinion as always is valued!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 08, 2021, 09:50:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think we have a small club mentality at the moment but a few fans are happy us just ticking over

Or realistic. I would love a super rich owner wanting to come in and buy the club and spend on transfers, bigger budgets.  That isn't here as yet so we have what we have which is still better than what it could be.

I think it's fine to want more but not criticise what we already have.  I do actually think we can't really kick on until there's better results, spending etc.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2021, 09:54:23 am by Redandwhite »

100 % yes .
It's nothing to do with the performance on the pitch .

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 08, 2021, 09:56:51 am by chrisfisher »

Or realistic. I would love a super rich owner wanting to come in and buy the club and spend on transfers, bigger budgets.  That isn't here as yet so we have what we have which is still better than what it could be.

I think it's fine to want more but not criticise what we already have.  I do actually think we can't really kick on until there's better results, spending etc.

Whilst I wont slag the board off, as i'm grateful for what they do put in, there are clubs in our division with owners significantly less wealthy than ours who don't seem to have the same issues as us.

I just think we could be doing more with what we have. Get a proper marketing manager in, lets start building a proper brand and identity within the town and wider borough.

Lets get some ticket offers going, create a buzz around the club. There's plenty we could be doing, so why aren't we?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 08, 2021, 10:03:27 am by the vicar »
If we sell what do we have to sell, a setup ie the ground and surrounding area that don’t belong to us to sell. Also lucky bag players. but if a suitable high price for the ground then you could maybe see the council unload, so just the players that is not a good asset

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 08, 2021, 10:11:24 am by Redandwhite »

Whilst I wont slag the board off, as i'm grateful for what they do put in, there are clubs in our division with owners significantly less wealthy than ours who don't seem to have the same issues as us.

I just think we could be doing more with what we have. Get a proper marketing manager in, lets start building a proper brand and identity within the town and wider borough.

Lets get some ticket offers going, create a buzz around the club. There's plenty we could be doing, so why aren't we?
Its so frustrating, there's no buzz around the club .
After 18 months the crowd should have been alot bigger and bouncing , but it wasn't, it was just a reflection of the club as a whole .

Tell me how rotherham got 4000 more fans in ?
They have an owner with significantly less money than ours, but still show ambition, passion and drive. It reflects on their support who turn out in good numbers .

Our club do nothing to draw in the fans, blunt and Baldwin are happy just to let it tick over  what's the point in that ?

Genuinely think its time for a refresh at ceo and chairman level. There's just nothing there from them.

As far as the marketing goes, there just isn't any whatsoever, a few emails and Facebook posts doesn't cut it .

The club need a fresh face at board level  someone who is passionate, and resonates with fans, who can whip up the support .
Instead we have Lord lucan as chairman and a ceo with the personality of a flannel. 

Tb needs new people to run his club  because the ones doing it, simply aren't up to it .

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 08, 2021, 10:13:03 am by vaya »

After 18 months the crowd should have been alot bigger and bouncing , but it wasn't, it was just a reflection of the club as a whole .

They have an owner with significantly less money than ours, but still show ambition, passion and drive. It reflects on their support who turn out in good numbers .

Our club do nothing to draw in the fans, blunt and Baldwin are happy just to let it tick over  what's the point in that ?

Genuinely think its time for a refresh at ceo and chairman level. There's just nothing there from them.

As far as the marketing goes, there just isn't any whatsoever, a few emails and Facebook posts doesn't cut it .

The club need a fresh face at board level  someone who is passionate, and resonates with fans, who can whip up the support .
Instead we have Lord lucan as chairman and a ceo with the personality of a flannel. 

Tb needs new people to run his club  because the ones doing it, simply aren't up to it .

Can you outline to everyone what you plan to do to make the current owners leave?

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 08, 2021, 10:15:58 am by Redandwhite »

Can you outline to everyone what you plan to do to make the current owners leave?
Eh? Terry brammall is the guy financing the club . I didn't say I want him to leave .
What is it with you and not reading properly ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012