Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:18:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why is it …  (Read 3587 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Why is it …
« on August 09, 2021, 10:26:11 pm by Draytonian III »
… that certain individuals on this forum seem hell bent in slagging off everything about OUR club, be it the attendance, the owners, the players, the pies, the cracks in the pavement, everything. What do want ? To destroy OUR club ?
 Not reply with the usual stock answer that is everyone and the clubs fault, because it is wearing very very thin.
 Why do you bother going to the matches ?
 Why do you come onto this forum and spout such utter tripe without a constructive comment to make .
 One last thing, I’m not a “ Happy Clapper” as others have unjustly been referred to, far from it, but I am a realist and Doncaster Rovers almost never be in the Premiership in my lifetime, so enjoy the good times when they occur, they totally outweigh the bad times at OUR club

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Why is it …
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2021, 12:07:03 am by PDX_Rover »
There’s always been moaning tw@ts. Never happy unless they’re unhappy. But they now have figured out keyboards.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2021, 12:28:26 am by bpoolrover »
There has to be a happy medium, things are not right that is clear, having half a team full of trialists a week before the season starts is not ideal in fact looking at every other club in our division it didn't happen with them and many others had COVID issues ect. At the same time without tb money we would have no team

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2021, 12:37:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
Some people will always be miserable, if it makes them happy.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2021, 01:41:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
There has to be a happy medium, things are not right that is clear, having half a team full of trialists a week before the season starts is not ideal in fact looking at every other club in our division it didn't happen with them and many others had COVID issues ect. At the same time without tb money we would have no team

Portsmouth had 30 triallists during pre-season which I was surprised however it's a different market with so many free agents trying to find work.

We've had plenty of triallist in the past so it's not unusual.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2021, 06:02:11 am by DearneValleyRover »
There are still plenty of League 1 teams that have as thin a squad as we do, the difference is they aren’t saying they don’t have the funds to strengthen but we are which is where the problem lies

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2021, 06:56:09 am by Upton Rover »
Up to them if they want to, freedom of speech, I just think some don’t like how the club is run at the moment. I myself will back the club and manager even if I don’t think RW was the right choice, My issue over the past few seasons is that we never seem to give good contracts to players, maybe this is an issue in attracting some of the best L1 players, I think we can count on one hand the good contracts given over the past 2 seasons. RW has been given what the board think is a good budget and we have got to get behind him and hope he’s got the best players in with that budget, I don’t think the board will give anymore, they proved that in January last year when we were in a great position to challenge for automatic promotion they never gave the funds to get a player or two in on a permanent contract to go for it, so you can see why some fans get upset.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2021, 07:13:26 am by DearneValleyRover »
Up to them if they want to, freedom of speech, I just think some don’t like how the club is run at the moment. I myself will back the club and manager even if I don’t think RW was the right choice, My issue over the past few seasons is that we never seem to give good contracts to players, maybe this is an issue in attracting some of the best L1 players, I think we can count on one hand the good contracts given over the past 2 seasons. RW has been given what the board think is a good budget and we have got to get behind him and hope he’s got the best players in with that budget, I don’t think the board will give anymore, they proved that in January last year when we were in a great position to challenge for automatic promotion they never gave the funds to get a player or two in on a permanent contract to go for it, so you can see why some fans get upset.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying except the last part, Bostock and Bogle were both given contracts, Moore could also have chosen to go for other permanents but decided he wanted the loan players instead, if there is one thing the board were guilty of in January it was trusting in Darren and as fans I think the majority of us were guilty of that.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2021, 07:57:58 am by Upton Rover »

I agree with a lot of what you are saying except the last part, Bostock and Bogle were both given contracts, Moore could also have chosen to go for other permanents but decided he wanted the loan players instead, if there is one thing the board were guilty of in January it was trusting in Darren and as fans I think the majority of us were guilty of that.
Yes granted we gave them both short term contracts, however they were both free agents who had been out of the game for sometime , gone are the times when we made a good offer to a club for either a contacted player or a transfer listed player. We just seem to be a club who are happy to bring in the players who are from the bargain basement department and that’s were we failed last season in the final push. Any other club in our position last season would not strengthen their squad on out of contact players, to big a risk that proved we never got it right.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2021, 07:59:57 am by aidanstu »
I think a lot of it is a reflection of society in general in which there is too much short term thinking, a lack of patience and intolerance; everybody now has a voice and everything is justifiable.

The opposite is also true in that some people refuse to see what is blatantly problematic and follow an agenda without being able to think things through. This leads to over optimism and a refusal to listen to critique. Neither position is helpful or rational.

There are very few people these days that are balanced in their thinking and most simply take a position and stick to it like some weird tribalism.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2021, 08:38:18 am by steve@dcfd »
In latest interview with Liam Hoden Richie thanks the club for releasing the money to sign Gardner although he’s not a big wage. He also says still in negotiations with the two clubs involved with the loans for how much we have to pay. Still hoping get them free so at the moment he does not believe they will be in this week. Only Liam Ravenhill could be going out for experience, Ben Blythe is second in line so we are waiting.
Richie as been open with this information which may not suit other people but at least we know exactly what is happening and not relying on second hand information as last season.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2021, 09:21:56 am by Redandwhite »
In latest interview with Liam Hoden Richie thanks the club for releasing the money to sign Gardner although he’s not a big wage. He also says still in negotiations with the two clubs involved with the loans for how much we have to pay. Still hoping get them free so at the moment he does not believe they will be in this week. Only Liam Ravenhill could be going out for experience, Ben Blythe is second in line so we are waiting.
Richie as been open with this information which may not suit other people but at least we know exactly what is happening and not relying on second hand information as last season.

Just penny pinching! Pure and simple and at the detriment of the team.
Don't tell me they want to get to the Championship. 
They want the kudos of owning a football club, without the expense .

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2021, 09:31:29 am by DearneValleyRover »

Yes granted we gave them both short term contracts, however they were both free agents who had been out of the game for sometime , gone are the times when we made a good offer to a club for either a contacted player or a transfer listed player. We just seem to be a club who are happy to bring in the players who are from the bargain basement department and that’s were we failed last season in the final push. Any other club in our position last season would not strengthen their squad on out of contact players, to big a risk that proved we never got it right.

We gave them 18 month contracts and Bogle wasn’t a free agent he was at Charlton we just didn’t pay a transfer fee

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2021, 10:10:39 am by the vicar »
They Charlton just wanted rid as he was rubbish and taking a wage up that someone else could have had

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2021, 10:20:03 am by bobbymax »

There's nothing like a sensible

Irony is simply lost on some people.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2021, 10:38:35 am by Redandwhite »

Explain

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2021, 10:46:40 am by silent majority »

Explain

Does it really need explaining?

The irony in that statement is overwhelming.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2021, 01:24:26 pm by Redandwhite »

Explain

Why?!?! How on earth is resorting to free or cheap option loans not at detriment to the team ?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2021, 01:31:14 pm by Metalmicky »
Please stop responding to the WUM - as he just posts rubbish looking for people to bite.  He's probably a lonely middle-aged bloke who just wants some attention in his life... 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 10, 2021, 01:38:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
It only becomes a detriment if we don’t sign the loans that Richie wants and we have to look at a different club. Last year we didn’t bring Matt Smith  and Sims into the club till later but we had more settled side. They might have cost less at that time as it was nearer the end of the transfer window. There is a difference because of injuries to Taylor Okenbirhie and Hiwula we need those players now. I don’t believe having to wait should be an option so we will see.

Part of the problem also which I’ve said before who signed the six young lads from April onwards before Richie arrived that is now affecting the budget and not allowing us to bring those loans.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 10, 2021, 01:52:50 pm by Redandwhite »
Please stop responding to the WUM - as he just posts rubbish looking for people to bite.  He's probably a lonely middle-aged bloke who just wants some attention in his life...
It's a relevant point, the team is suffering through lack of funds 

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 10, 2021, 01:55:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
They Charlton just wanted rid as he was rubbish and taking a wage up that someone else could have had

That’s beside the point Dave, our incumbent manager at the time wanted him and the board backed him, it was Moore’s choice, in hindsight I’m sure the board wished they’d never given him the job in the first place but we are where we are.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 10, 2021, 01:57:42 pm by Redandwhite »
It only becomes a detriment if we don’t sign the loans that Richie wants and we have to look at a different club. Last year we didn’t bring Matt Smith  and Sims into the club till later but we had more settled side. They might have cost less at that time as it was nearer the end of the transfer window. There is a difference because of injuries to Taylor Okenbirhie and Hiwula we need those players now. I don’t believe having to wait should be an option so we will see.

Part of the problem also which I’ve said before who signed the six young lads from April onwards before Richie arrived that is now affecting the budget and not allowing us to bring those loans.
Have you read the article about Ritchie bemoaning the situation regarding resorting to free and cheap loans ?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 10, 2021, 02:15:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
The nearer you get to the transfer window you pay less for the loans that’s why he’s having to wait for the players he wants. Richie explained that before. only problem with that you might lose them if some club comes in and pays more

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 10, 2021, 02:29:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Have you read the article about Ritchie bemoaning the situation regarding resorting to free and cheap loans ?

I’ve read it not sure your choice of words is correct. Stating facts rather than bemoaning came across but I’m not sure that would fit your agenda

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 10, 2021, 03:19:10 pm by PDX_Rover »

Explain

Redandwhite thinks Irony is what his mum does to his socks.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 10, 2021, 06:50:55 pm by Upton Rover »

We gave them 18 month contracts and Bogle wasn’t a free agent he was at Charlton we just didn’t pay a transfer fee
No transfer fee in my opinion is a free agent, Charlton said he was Free to leave the club but could stay till he found another club.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2021, 07:18:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »

No transfer fee in my opinion is a free agent, Charlton said he was Free to leave the club but could stay till he found another club.

Not really, free transfer doesn’t mean no signing on fee, free agent, take it or leave it. Bogle could have sat at Charlton earning a wedge so I’m sure we had to offer him an incentive to move to us.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2021, 07:30:55 pm by mpc123 »

Kudos of owning a football club, that just shows lol. The money they are worth no kudos required.
Wow how do you expect people to take you serious when you say things like that lol, so funny

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 11, 2021, 06:39:02 am by dickos1 »

This summer we’ve dished out numerous longer term contracts. And we definitely backed Moore in January when we were in the top 5.
Moore just wasted the money

TinyPortal © 2005-2012