Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:08:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 26 games  (Read 7421 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Last 26 games
« on August 17, 2021, 09:46:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
P26 W4 D4 L18 GF22 GA48 Pts 16 PPG  0.615 - Equivalent to 28 points over a season.

Let's be frank. That performance tonight was as bad as anything under Butler, and looked like a side that would do well to finish second bottom.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ian1980

• Forum Member
Re: Last 26 games
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2021, 09:49:17 pm by ian1980 »
That makes very grim reading. And the really worrying thing is that it doesn’t look like improving anytime soon

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 17, 2021, 09:49:29 pm by dickos1 »
It wasn’t as bad as “anything under butler” not by a long way

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 17, 2021, 09:49:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Total of 2 clean sheets in that run of 26 league games. That’s shocking.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 17, 2021, 09:51:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Last season is irrelevant. Only Anderson, Bostock and Bogle who played tonight were at the club last season.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 17, 2021, 09:54:15 pm by chrisfisher »
Last season is irrelevant. Only Anderson, Bostock and Bogle who played tonight were at the club last season.

It isn't irrelevant at all. The players who have come in will know all too well the shambolic second half of last season we had, and it will have an effect.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2021, 09:54:42 pm by normal rules »

There are three pretty influential players right there though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2021, 09:56:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It wasn’t as bad as “anything under butler” not by a long way

It had precisely the same feel. No structure to our play. No pace. No physicality (until Bogle came on and did as much in his cameo as anyone in the starting XI managed in 90 minutes).

There was a moment after about 60 minutes that summed it up. We had a free kick half way inside our half. Williams looked right the way across the pitch for an option. He held his hands out in front of him in frustration four times. Then launched it straight out for a goal kick.

I get that we are re-building, but f**k me it's  along, long way back. I would snatch your hand off if you offered me 20th place on GD come next May.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2021, 09:58:22 pm by StocksArmy »
Its what you call a losing mentality throughout the whole clue no matter how many people have left or who have come in.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2021, 09:59:55 pm by dickos1 »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home
Straight away a million miles worse performance than this!
Our defence and midfield is good for this division but the forward line isn’t, because they’re all injured, let’s wait until we’ve got a full squad before we start nonsense like this

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 17, 2021, 10:00:46 pm by Lesonthewest »
The slide continues, & those stats are one of the main reasons attendances will continue to fall. Three games in & towards the end of tonight we looked a team devoid of any ideas, just continually lumping the ball forward aimlessly.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2021, 10:00:54 pm by chrisfisher »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home
Our defence and midfield is good for this division but the forward line isn’t, because they’re all injured, let’s wait until we’ve got a full squad before we start nonsense like this

Are your eyes painted on? The midfield is okay, our defence is shocking.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2021, 10:02:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Of course it isn't irrelevant. A culture can get into the bricks and mortar of a club. We have got used to putting in performances like that and losing against very ordinary sides. And Accrington are bang ordinary. Take away their three victories against us and they have won just 5 of their last 24 league games. And they've beaten us three times by working f**king hard and scrapping. While we haven't been able to match them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2021, 10:02:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Stats are the last thing we need shoving down our throats at the mo BST.

Don't give a f*ck about last season. Move on.

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2021, 10:03:56 pm by TheFunk »
A new manager and a virtually complete set of new players. Yet we see the same lack of gameplan and work rate. I am reluctant to criticise the club but I'm beginning to smell the stench of something rotten running right through it.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2021, 10:04:14 pm by colincramb »
It’s that form over the past 26 games why I can understand, if not necessarily always agree, with peoples frustrations on here. Yes some don’t always engage their brains fully before posting, but with a record like that then is anyone really surprised?

It’s simply not good enough, no matter what level of football we play at. As fans, surely it is our job to ask questions of the decision makers at the club, because frankly, some of the decisions over the past 6 months haven’t been good enough
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:06:35 pm by colincramb »

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2021, 10:06:12 pm by chrisfisher »
A new manager and a virtually complete set of new players. Yet we see the same lack of gameplan and work rate. I am reluctant to criticise the club but I'm beginning to smell the stench of something rotten running right through it.

I need to dig out the Dickov interview out from a couple of years back when he claimed he was told to bullshit the supporters about expectations. Something hasn't been right for a long time.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2021, 10:06:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is why clean sheets are such a proxy for giving a shit. Rob Jones was a mean, tight f**ker who absolutely despised giving goals away. Absolutely hated it. Would drive everyone hard to keep a clean sheet, do his job for the team and give a platform for at least a draw. We’ve had in both the collapse last season and so far in the few games this season, decent defenders. The defence though has an absolutely appalling record at keeping a clean sheet. So many self inflicted wounds.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2021, 10:08:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There's no doubt it's bad. But 9 of the 11 tonight were Wellens signings.  He has the opportunity to create a whole new team. I get it will take time so time we must give.

There is a question though which the board are probably also asking, he wants more attacking players, yet he signed the front 3 tonight.

Saturday we played well without looking like scoring so there's clearly potential but how do we get goals from that. Are the attackers just poor players? If so why did he sign them? Or is the tactical balance and shape of the team wrong and will that come with time.

Feels like we took a few strides forward but then tonight a long one back again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2021, 10:09:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Stats are the last thing we need shoving down our throats at the mo BST.

Don't give a f*ck about last season. Move on.

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.

I agree. I'm merely commenting on how deep the hole is that we are in. If we finish 5th bottom, I will celebrate like we've won the FA Cup. There are players missing, but there aren't players missing who are good enough to turn what I've seen so far into anything more than a "maybe we will scrape survival" side.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2021, 10:09:28 pm by GazLaz »
Barlow, Cuker and Garner are terrible. Worse than terrible in fact. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2021, 10:09:48 pm by dickos1 »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home

In your opinion!
In mine, this back 4 is as good as anything in this division, but if you’re making your mind up after 3 games then you’re mental

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2021, 10:10:21 pm by mushRTID »
At times we looked ok tonight considering we are hampered with that non existent strikeforce.

Barlow and Gardner also didn’t get into the game really but no way they are starters when Smith, Taylor and Fej are fit.

Anderson looked back to himself. Knoyle looks good. Close, Bostock and Galbraith show promise.

I don’t think that was anywhere near as bad as a lot of last seasons games after Moore shit on us.

I’m positive, get some injured lads back and a striker, along with a bit more time for them to click and we will be ok. Being ok was always the plan for this season.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2021, 10:10:40 pm by chrisfisher »

The thing is, he took ages to decide whether to offer Barlow a contract, so he obviously wasn't sure about him. It's looking as bad a decision as Moore giving Bogle one.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 17, 2021, 10:11:06 pm by keith79 »
Its all we can afford

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2021, 10:11:42 pm by jamesrover17 »

I must admit, I didn’t mind Gardner… looks to have quick feet… But Cukur and Barlow are very poor… Barlow will be next seasons Ed Williams for sure

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2021, 10:11:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s entirely unfair to write off the young striker lad especially after being thrown in here without a single senior appearance to his name…however you do wonder what happens in the Watford Academy if they see this lad as a world beater. He looks game but well, a bit slow and limited. Like a younger Bogle.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 17, 2021, 10:12:56 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Completely wrong. Last season the rot set in. Bad recruitment on players like Bogle and Bostock, journeymen, conceding a gout of goals and not scoring enough, having mo regular keeper of quality.. that pattern from the second half of last season is just as relevant now.. nothing has changed. We have eroded the quality and spine of the team over a vcoupe of seasons and this is the continuing result.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:15:02 pm by Donny Exile in York »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 17, 2021, 10:13:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home

In your opinion!
In mine, this back 4 is as good as anything in this division, but if you’re making your mind up after 3 games then you’re mental

It's not very often I'm speechless but...What? How?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2021, 10:13:50 pm by Campsall rover »

It isn't irrelevant at all. The players who have come in will know all too well the shambolic second half of last season we had, and it will have an effect.
You have asked them have you?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012