Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:33:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire CCC  (Read 6379 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Yorkshire CCC
« Reply #60 on November 08, 2021, 09:58:54 pm by Campsall rover »
If you are going to be a moderator all threads and topics that go off the rails call them out, easy.
Sydney I am not trying to be a moderator.

I started the thread and it was titled Yorkshire CCC 

That’s what I intended the thread to be about.  Yes i would like to moderate my own thread. Is that a problem?

You see your even trying to make an issue out of that and i wasn’t even aiming at you. But now you mention it you are one of the biggest culprits.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 09, 2021, 12:02:23 am by SydneyRover »
If you are going to be a moderator all threads and topics that go off the rails call them out, easy.
Sydney I am not trying to be a moderator.

I started the thread and it was titled Yorkshire CCC 

That’s what I intended the thread to be about.  Yes i would like to moderate my own thread. Is that a problem?

You see your even trying to make an issue out of that and i wasn’t even aiming at you. But now you mention it you are one of the biggest culprits.

CR, maybe you should have a wander baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack through this thread and see who threw the first insult and apologise where required.

added: I guess number 21 would be a good place to start with a wind comment about politics and an insult all very predictable.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 01:15:41 am by SydneyRover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 09, 2021, 06:00:31 am by Donnywolf »
Well put CR

I was about to post "It's just not Cricket" yesterday as the Thread had veered spectacularly as many others do away from where it started

Most Off topic ones give chance to get political [and as such are easy to avoid] but I wouldnt have thought Yorkshire CCC would have gone off the subject so spectacularly & needlessly as there are ample other Threads for people to vent their spleens

* I did used to post on the political ones - and sometimes do an odd one - but largely they are a waste of time because most people have fixed entrenched positions, stances & opinions and those with opposite viewpoints to minr & so will never be persuaded by any Post of mine whether I do one or 1,000 AND of course I would never be swayed from my entrenched positions

So if I see a Thread with an obvious political subject I am able to dip into it and dip out as soon as it degenerates which is fine - I can use my own judgement - but I would hope that Yorkshire CCC, Birdwatching at Bempton or The best Chippy in Donny are places where I might not need such judgement

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 09, 2021, 09:54:21 am by Metalmicky »
Veering back on topic (if possible)

Did have tickets for day 4 against New Zealand in June next year but have been offered a full refund if the issue doesn't get sorted.

Just in case anyone has missed the email!

Also got tickets for NZ test (Day 3, Emerald Stand) and had that email also. 

It's a bit strange that they are still for sale on the YCC site though..... perhaps should have halted sales for now?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 12, 2021, 02:51:25 pm by glosterred »
My money is this is not the only county that will be dragged over the coals in the days, weeks, months to come. Yorkshire may be first but I seriously doubt it will be the last.

I said YCCC wouldn’t be the only county to get hauled over the coals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59262824

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on November 12, 2021, 10:57:35 pm by SydneyRover »
My money is this is not the only county that will be dragged over the coals in the days, weeks, months to come. Yorkshire may be first but I seriously doubt it will be the last.

I said YCCC wouldn’t be the only county to get hauled over the coals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59262824

Maybe those unwilling to understand the harm caused will understand the personal cost better.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 18, 2021, 04:43:20 pm by phil old leake »
BBC report that Azeem Rafiq has apologised for sending anti Semitic messages which he has now deleted
I wonder if he will now be vilified for his historical foolishness as all the people he has accused have been or whether his apology will be noted and put on the back burner as a mistake
I don’t know what he does now but will he be expected to resign due to his historical behaviour

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 18, 2021, 05:23:38 pm by afro goal machine »
BBC report that Azeem Rafiq has apologised for sending anti Semitic messages which he has now deleted
I wonder if he will now be vilified for his historical foolishness as all the people he has accused have been or whether his apology will be noted and put on the back burner as a mistake
I don’t know what he does now but will he be expected to resign due to his historical behaviour

Wow ! This has been front page on the bbc site all week yet this revelation is about 4 stories down. Gobsmacked when i saw it.

The pot calling the kettle something, really not sure what

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 18, 2021, 05:34:22 pm by selby »
Told you earlier in the thread it would not be one way.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 18, 2021, 05:37:37 pm by glosterred »
I wonder if Yorkshire will discipline him as other county’s have to other cricketers this season who have over stepped the mark

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 18, 2021, 07:01:12 pm by Filo »
His anti semetic tweets are as bad as some of the stuff he has accused others of doing, people in glass houses eh?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 18, 2021, 07:02:05 pm by Metalmicky »
One of the BBC headlines this week said...

Azeem Rafiq: 'A trailblazer who has created a watershed moment'....

and also headlined with....

English cricket is "institutionally" racist..... according to Rafiq.

Seems like he is part of the institution....

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 18, 2021, 08:07:33 pm by phil old leake »
Such a hypocrite
What’s the old saying about throwing stones if you live in a glass house

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 18, 2021, 08:08:58 pm by drfchound »
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
That’s another old saying.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 18, 2021, 08:19:37 pm by selby »
  Racial, some years ago I was taking Rana who later played for Sussex Yorkshire and Pakistan back to Bradford after a game. He was young and had had a great trophy series out in the middle east and thought he could be in the Pakistani touring side to come to England later that summer.
  While driving we had BBC sports news on as they were announcing the touring party, he was not selected and actually I could see he was upset, and asked him how he was feeling, his answer was disappointed but not surprised as he wasn't as highly born as the player they had selected. I was shocked at that answer.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 18, 2021, 08:23:13 pm by SydneyRover »
I'm surprised you were shocked selby, the privilege and entitlement has been around since adam ......

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 18, 2021, 08:40:12 pm by selby »
  Syd, that's the difference between you and me even years ago, it didn't enter my head that an off field reason like that could still be the reason not to select someone to play a game of cricket.
  You obviously think it just a way of life and accept it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 18, 2021, 08:44:48 pm by SydneyRover »
  Syd, that's the difference between you and me even years ago, it didn't enter my head that an off field reason like that could still be the reason not to select someone to play a game of cricket.
  You obviously think it just a way of life and accept it.

Why would I think that selby?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 19, 2021, 09:40:10 am by Metalmicky »
Now Tim Paine has resigned as Aussie Captain over historical investigations into texts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59343005
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:02:13 am by Metalmicky »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 19, 2021, 10:46:39 am by phil old leake »
Don’t know what was said but the article says he was exonerated

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 19, 2021, 11:04:54 am by selby »
  How the hell would I know Syd, I am just one of many on here who can't understand you and  I personally have no ambition to even try.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 19, 2021, 11:07:50 am by SydneyRover »
  How the hell would I know Syd, I am just one of many on here who can't understand you and  I personally have no ambition to even try.

Don't worry selby from your comments there is shit loads you don't know.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 19, 2021, 11:12:07 am by Sprotyrover »

At least Rafique hasn't made any disparaging remarks about his country of Birth nor about his adoptive country unlike some on this thread heh Sydders!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 19, 2021, 11:17:37 am by SydneyRover »

At least Rafique hasn't made any disparaging remarks about his country of Birth nor about his adoptive country unlike some on this thread heh Sydders!

heh heh sprot, if you wanted to support your country and see it do better you could have done a lot better than to support johnson who seems hell bent on ensuring few citizens survive his tenancy.

''Covid: UK government wasn't ready for pandemic, report finds'' surprise ....... not

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59342607

Vote tory we'll look after you, fmd
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:35:41 am by SydneyRover »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 19, 2021, 12:47:50 pm by phil old leake »
Sproty. How disrespectful and racist spelling rafiq incorrectly

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 19, 2021, 04:06:51 pm by glosterred »
Another thread hijacked by politics. Time to lock and move on

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 19, 2021, 04:47:19 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty. How disrespectful and racist spelling rafiq incorrectly
Sorry if I offended it was not intentional!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 19, 2021, 05:01:25 pm by phil old leake »
I was not offended I was just trying to make the point of the ridiculousness off society today. 
I’m sorry it was misunderstood

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 19, 2021, 05:37:28 pm by wilts rover »

Nah not politics - personal vendettas.

Shame as it is a hugely important subject but like many topics which show people up in a negative light - some posters what to get it straight off topic.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 19, 2021, 05:38:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Again. Thought we had gone back to the subject. But hey ho same people just want to tun it political.

:headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012