Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:38:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlie Wyke  (Read 2413 times)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Charlie Wyke
« on November 25, 2021, 04:47:20 pm by Cramby10 »
I see Charlie Wyke is the latest player to collapse today. That follows John Fleck and Adama Traore (FC SHERRIFF) this week alone. And Sergio Aguero has also retired this week due to heart problems. Is this all coincidental? Or is it a genuine concern from the knock on effects of the vaccine?
I will add that I’m no anti vaxxer as I’ve had two myself, but I am finding it all rather alarming.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Charlie Wyke
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2021, 04:51:00 pm by Filo »
I see Charlie Wyke is the latest player to collapse today. That follows John Fleck and Adama Traore (FC SHERRIFF) this week alone. And Sergio Aguero has also retired this week due to heart problems. Is this all coincidental? Or is it a genuine concern from the knock on effects of the vaccine?
I will add that I’m no anti vaxxer as I’ve had two myself, but I am finding it all rather alarming.

I would think the first thing to confirm would be if all of them had the vaccine before jumping to conclusions

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2021, 04:51:22 pm by selby »
  It needs establishing that they have had the vaccine first I suppose and don't guess whether they have or not.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2021, 04:55:37 pm by Cramby10 »
I would imagine it will never be disclosed due to the knock on effects of the uptake of the vaccine. But it’s all a bit coincidental that there are sports people dropping like flies currently.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2021, 05:01:01 pm by rich1471 »
Maybe they have had COVID and it is a side effect ,even if you have or have not had the vaccine ,who needs X files

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2021, 05:26:24 pm by Metalmicky »
Worth a punt....?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2021, 05:28:01 pm by wilts rover »
I was about to post the same as rich - is it long covid? Supposed to be around 1 million people in this country alone suffering from it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2021, 05:33:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Eriksen hadn't had the vaccine, don't think he's had Covid either.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2021, 05:37:13 pm by Cramby10 »
Could well be. I just find it so alarming that these young fit fellas are dropping like they are. Hope they’re ok.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2021, 06:09:30 pm by dickos1 »
There’s always been incidents like this over the last 20 years or so

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2021, 06:20:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Or could it be the physicality of the conditioning footballers are required to do for extended periods of time over many years?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2021, 06:47:03 pm by Nudga »

Nowhere near this scale. 108 fifa registered players collapsed in six months.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 25, 2021, 06:54:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I would presume that most of the vaccinated footballers, being the age that they are, would have had the Pfizer vaccine. Because the AZ one got pulled in April i think it was when they were doing the 40 year olds and they were no longer offering the AZ jab to the under 40's. Which soon after became the under 30's.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that if these players have been vaccinated, it would have been with Pfizer which is linked to heart inflammation in younger men and boys as we know.

Obviously we don't know if these players have even had the vaccine or if so, if it is that which has caused these events but they are certainly unusual.

There have been numerous other sportsmen in minority sports that have also had issues with this sort of thing but you don't hear about it in the mainstream media because they are sportsmen who generally nobody has ever heard of, plus the mainstream media won't have anything bad said about the vaccine.

I hope the players involved make a speedy recovery and that it is all just coincidental but only time will tell if any more players have issues.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 25, 2021, 06:58:32 pm by mushRTID »
Well firstly I hope all are ok and make a speedy recovery.

Can’t deny, I’m now feeling nervous having been double Pfizered.

I was going to give the booster a swerve anyway but definitely won’t be touching it now until some answers are available on this. 3 in 2 days is nuts

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2021, 07:16:39 pm by Goole Rover »
Well firstly I hope all are ok and make a speedy recovery.

Can’t deny, I’m now feeling nervous having been double Pfizered.

I was going to give the booster a swerve anyway but definitely won’t be touching it now until some answers are available on this. 3 in 2 days is nuts
If you had witnessed the state my 38 year old son suffering with long COVID over the past year I think you would be persuaded to have the booster.
I have suffered with atrial fibrillation which appears to be the problem in a number of cases affecting athletes. My consultant says my heart is in very good condition however he says that it’s possible I have over exerted in the gym when younger. Are today’s footballers who are super fit pushing their bodies too far.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2021, 07:26:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If these people have had covid itself sometime it's more likely to be long covid than any vaccine.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2021, 07:28:22 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We don't know if or what vaccine they had yet. Also if they've all had covid that would be a bigger red flag for me.

It's certainly something some scientific research should be done on now we'll be getting data. There's a lot of sports not just football and a lot of people into running, cycling etc etc so plenty of data to try answer the question re covid and potential vaccines.

For what it's worth i think there's so many playing high level sports and athletics, not to mention amateurs who push themselves, that we'd really know about it from other sources (even people we know) if it was anything other than a tiny tiny fraction of a risk. A risk that we'd have to deal with if there was no vaccine and covid just ran wild anyway. Don't think for a second the vaccine causes it

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2021, 07:34:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

If these people have had covid itself sometime it's more likely to be long covid than any vaccine.

It is doubtful that anybody suffering from 'Long Covid' would be fit enough to be able to play professional football though.

I have M.E, which is similar in profile to 'Long Covid' and the NHS and researchers are now asking M.E sufferers for advice about how to manage 'Long Covid'. You can have M.E but won't be able to play football until you have fully recovered, bearing in mind that it is rare for anyone with M.E to fully recover. Thus any footballer with 'Long Covid' IMO doesn't actually have it but has just taken a bit longer to get over the effects of the virus than usual.

If they truly had 'Long Covid' then they would not be able to play professional football for some considerable time.

Anyway, aren't players screened regularly these days?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2021, 08:51:33 pm by DonnyNoel »
Without knowing the jab% among these incidents it's impossible to say either way.

Lots of the Danish squad hadn't been jabbed re the CE incident and up until a couple of months ago the low uptake amongst pros was well publicised.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2021, 10:28:30 pm by DRCraig »
Hope he is ok

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 25, 2021, 10:29:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I was about to post the same as rich - is it long covid? Supposed to be around 1 million people in this country alone suffering from it.

I can personally vouch for that.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 25, 2021, 10:55:37 pm by Draytonian III »
I would presume that most of the vaccinated footballers, being the age that they are, would have had the Pfizer vaccine. Because the AZ one got pulled in April i think it was when they were doing the 40 year olds and they were no longer offering the AZ jab to the under 40's. Which soon after became the under 30's.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that if these players have been vaccinated, it would have been with Pfizer which is linked to heart inflammation in younger men and boys as we know.

Obviously we don't know if these players have even had the vaccine or if so, if it is that which has caused these events but they are certainly unusual.

There have been numerous other sportsmen in minority sports that have also had issues with this sort of thing but you don't hear about it in the mainstream media because they are sportsmen who generally nobody has ever heard of, plus the mainstream media won't have anything bad said about the vaccine.

I hope the players involved make a speedy recovery and that it is all just coincidental but only time will tell if any more players have issues.

I’m a bit confused on a couple of lines of your post about the AZ vaccine being pulled in April, have you got it as fact

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 25, 2021, 11:08:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I’m a bit confused on a couple of lines of your post about the AZ vaccine being pulled in April, have you got it as fact

I had my first and only dose of AZ at the end of March and about a week later they stopped administering it to under 40's as that is when the blood clot link was made in younger people, mainly women. Soon after that, it became the under 30's who it was stopped for and everyone under 30 was told to have Pfizer instead. This is a fact, yes.

It was deemed safe for much older demographic but not younger people due to the small risk of blood clots.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:10:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 25, 2021, 11:15:36 pm by Draytonian III »
So they are still giving AZ vaccines to over 50s then

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 25, 2021, 11:17:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
So they are still giving AZ vaccines to over 50s then

Yes, as far as i am aware. Although some countries stopped using it for under 60's. It is mainly a concern in younger people.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 25, 2021, 11:41:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I had both AZ jabs in mid April and early July so not sure you're correct there.

Back to the topic, Wyke has supposedly not had any vaccine.  The concern has to be how many games players face, do we not think there are too many games? Rovers have a minimum of 51 games per season, already we.will have at least 54.  That's a lot of games of football.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 25, 2021, 11:46:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They won't give AZ to the under 40's in the UK.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 26, 2021, 12:46:50 am by Bessie Red »

Nowhere near this scale. 108 fifa registered players collapsed in six months.
I'm sure I read somewhere that it happens to about 150 a year on average

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 26, 2021, 04:51:04 am by Avsuptem »
I think this thread raises a very valid question and here is a little factoid one might consider:

The no of cases of Myocarditis in the Austalian navy in the previous 31 years was 317

In 2021 up to September 28th there have been 1,113

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 26, 2021, 09:15:39 am by DonnyOsmond »
They stopped giving AZ to under 30s at the end of March/beginning of April time, I remember as I was 30 at that point but was offered the vaccine early (not sure why!) and I was a little apprehensive with the news coming out about AZ. I had AZ around the 10th of April (made me feel like crap overnight) then a couple week later they changed it from under 30s to under 40s. I still had AZ as a second dose in July.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012