Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:48:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Xmas Party  (Read 14355 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Xmas Party
« Reply #60 on December 08, 2021, 01:57:55 pm by belton rover »
Yep. When your own party begin to turn on you, there’s little chance of escape.
Silly boy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 08, 2021, 02:11:12 pm by Axholme Lion »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 08, 2021, 02:13:52 pm by normal rules »
It will be interesting to see whose names are on “the list” .
The public will expect a very public airing of those present. And nothing less.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 08, 2021, 02:23:36 pm by mugnapper »
Malcolm Tucker had a word for it 'Clusterluck'.
Just change the 2nd 'l' for an 'f' and there you have it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 02:25:43 pm by mugnapper »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 08, 2021, 02:33:04 pm by Sprotyrover »
So if Bojo was not at the party or in the building how is he culpable?
Especially if he is correct when he says he has been mislead!
By the way what is the definition of a Party. I assume there are always half a dozen Met Police officers in 10 Downing Street? Didn't they know anything about it, must have been one hell of a Knees up!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 08, 2021, 02:45:07 pm by normal rules »
By the way what is the definition of a Party. I assume there are always half a dozen Met Police officers in 10 Downing Street? Didn't they know anything about it, must have been one hell of a Knees up!

Funny you mention the police.change.org have a petition now that is gathering momentum for met pol to be investigated by the IOPC for failing to shutdown/ investigate no10 party.
I wondered how long it would be before the police got blamed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 08, 2021, 02:58:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He is culpable because it is his office. His staff. His own personal choices. It is beyond credibility that there was a big Xmas party going on until after midnight, in his office, attended by his staff, and he didn't know about it. Of course there's the question of where he was. If he was in his No10 flat while all this was going on (and there will be an official record of that) there must be some spectacular sound proofing if a party was going on and no-one in his flat heard a dickie bird.

Or maybe he was blissfully unaware of the party. In which case, the fact that the staff that he personally chose to work closely with him would organise something so brazenly against the law and keep him completely in the dark raises terrifying questions about trust at the very heart of Government.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 08, 2021, 03:01:56 pm by Axholme Lion »

He is culpable because it is his office. His staff. His own personal choices. It is beyond credibility that there was a big Xmas party going on until after midnight, in his office, attended by his staff, and he didn't know about it. Of course there's the question of where he was. If he was in his No10 flat while all this was going on (and there will be an official record of that) there must be some spectacular sound proofing if a party was going on and no-one in his flat heard a dickie bird.

Or maybe he was blissfully unaware of the party. In which case, the fact that the staff that he personally chose to work closely with him would organise something so brazenly against the law and keep him completely in the dark raises terrifying questions about trust at the very heart of Government.

He was probably elsewhere shagging someone else's wife.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 08, 2021, 03:07:02 pm by River Don »
So it seems Dominic Cummings is behind the allegation that Johnson hosted a party in his flat in November. That's the allegation Johnson brushed off towards the end of PMQs.

Of course the cabinet secretary hasn't been instructed to investigate this event. Or the leaving do, in which Johnson gave a speech, which also broke lockdown rules.

Lies tend to come unstuck and this lot seem to be falling apart quite rapidly.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 08, 2021, 03:09:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So it seems Dominic Cummings is behind the allegation that Johnson hosted a party in his flat in November. That's the allegation Johnson brushed off towards the end of PMQs.

Of course the cabinet secretary hasn't been instructed to investigate this event. Or the leaving do, in which Johnson gave a speech, which also broke lockdown rules.

Lies tend to come unstuck and this lot seem to be falling apart quite rapidly.

He's not a very skillful liar. He's an impulsive, instinctive liar who lies off the cuff.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 08, 2021, 03:14:13 pm by Axholme Lion »
Well i'll give Boris his due, he has achieved the almost impossible and united almost everyone on this forum in agreement. That is an exceptional feat.  :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 08, 2021, 03:15:17 pm by Filo »

Unaware of a party in his own house? How can someone that oblivious be trusted to run the Country?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 08, 2021, 03:53:12 pm by normal rules »
Stratton has resigned. Off to clean toilets somewhere

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 08, 2021, 04:02:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's the first sacrifice to protect Johnson.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 08, 2021, 04:03:40 pm by wilts rover »
Would love to pass this off as my own work but:

What’s so hard to understand? He is sickened by the party that didn’t happen and which, if it did happen, definitely broke no rules, which is why he will hold an inquiry and hand over evidence that doesn’t exist to the Met, and if you question any of that you are playing politics

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1468559101433106436

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 08, 2021, 04:12:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
From BBC website:

Boris Johnson must resign if he misled Parliament about a Christmas party at Downing Street, the Scottish Conservative leader says.

Douglas Ross says there had clearly been a party of some sort, which would have been against Covid rules.

Ross says he had been "angry, annoyed and really disappointed" at the video that emerged on Tuesday night.

He says he still had confidence in the prime minister to lead the country, but added it would be "completely unacceptable" if he was found to have misled parliament on the issue.

Ross says: "If the prime minister knew about this party last December, knew about this party last week, and was still denying it, then that is the most serious allegation.

"There is absolutely no way you can mislead parliament and think you could get off with that."
[/i]

Wow! That's the leader of the Scottish Tories basically telling Johnson he has to resign.

Johnson  said repeatedly in Parliament last week that all rules were followed

Parties were against the rules.

Here is the head of the Scottish Tories saying there obviously WAS a party.

Which would clearly mean that Johnson misled Parliament last week.

And the leader of the Scottish Tories says if Johnson misled Parliament, he has to resign.

This is the leader of the Scottish Tories telling Johnson he has to go in the starkest language you'll ever get from a politician, given the protocol and conventions of this kind of thing.

I cannot remember in my whole life a senior politician, in office, calling for the PM from their own party to resign. This has massively raised the ante. Not out of the question that Johnson could be forced out in the next few days.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 08, 2021, 04:13:25 pm by mugnapper »
I wonder if she's having a leaving party?

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 08, 2021, 04:20:06 pm by mugnapper »
The Cabinet Secretary has been asked to investigate the Xmas party allegations.
Downing Street are refusing to answer whether the Cabinet Secretary was at the party.
You've got to laugh haven't you?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 08, 2021, 04:25:05 pm by River Don »
Opinion reckon 46% of Tory voters don't believe the Prime Minister.

It seems he's failing to convince his own side. I'd say his position is starting to look shaky now.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 08, 2021, 04:26:01 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd like to see Johnson wriggle his way out of this one!
*Johnson wriggles out of this one easily*
Ah. Well, nevertheless,

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 08, 2021, 04:31:00 pm by mugnapper »
I doubt she'll be too worried about getting down the Job Centre.
Her husband is editor of the Spectator, the Tory cheerleading magazine that ,coincidentally, Johnson once edited.
He also went to Public school with Rishi Sunak. Another coincidence I'm sure.
She'll be on the staff off the Daily Mail in the New Year. (She'll want Xmas off after a stressful few days, I'm sure).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 08, 2021, 04:38:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Guess who was Allegra Stratton and James Forsyth's Best Man. None other than Rishi Sunak.

And to complete the incestuous loop, Forsyth's colleague at The Spectator is....Dominic Cummings's wife.

THAT is what you call a clique. Running the whole country for the past few years.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 08, 2021, 04:42:01 pm by normal rules »
Allegra was central to the bust up last year that resulted in Cummings departure.
I don’t think their little social triangle is all love and kisses.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 08, 2021, 04:49:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The most savage wars are civil wars. My point is that the people who have ruled us for the past 2.5 years are all from a single, tightly connected social group.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 08, 2021, 05:04:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's a thing.

If there wasn't an Xmas party, why should Johnson be "furious" about that video? Why should he apologise about "the impression it gave"?

If there wasn't a party, that video is meaningless.

The video only matters if there WAS a party at which they all knew they were breaking the rules.

Trouble with lying is, you'd better be damned f**king good at it to do it without digging a bigger hole. Johnson isn't clever or skillful enough to cover himself.

What he's relying on is that enough people don't give a f**k about him lying to them.

As I was saying...
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1468618149780148229

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 08, 2021, 05:20:17 pm by albie »
I'm a Celebrity on to it;
https://twitter.com/i/status/1468337102136160258

Once you have lost Ant and Dec, the tide has turned!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 08, 2021, 05:28:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If he goes, how many jobs would that now be that he's lost through telling porkies?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 08, 2021, 05:31:53 pm by normal rules »
The most savage wars are civil wars. My point is that the people who have ruled us for the past 2.5 years are all from a single, tightly connected social group.

Hmmm. Where have we experienced this before . 1997-2007 anyone?
Tonies Cronies.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 08, 2021, 05:37:58 pm by sha66y »
I was at a party or three last Christmas, I’m sure a few on here also attended parties/ events and pretended to follow the guidelines but didn’t really cos if no one sees or notices then it doesn’t matter…..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 08, 2021, 05:47:34 pm by albie »
I was at a party or three last Christmas, I’m sure a few on here also attended parties/ events and pretended to follow the guidelines but didn’t really cos if no one sees or notices then it doesn’t matter…..

Yeah, but you are not the Slime Minister are you?

The thing which astonishes me is that Bozo did not understand that this would get found out, and that when it did the shit would hit the fan.

Cressida Dick....now was she there?
As head of the Met she was responsible for applying the rules, which have resulted in others caught getting big fines.

One rule for all, or not!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012