Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 02:11:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffry interview  (Read 6256 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Mcsheffry interview
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2021, 07:11:44 pm by since-1969 »
Well I was told they’re talking to 4 players, 2 loans and 2 permanent.

Its a good start, 4 won’t be anywhere near enough to stay up though

Substantial funds
This is where problems start for me , in reality that's possibly 2 new players , because we are sending 2 loan players back.

Think we need 11 new players but being realistic when they mentioned substantial funds knowing 2 or 3 loan players are getting sent back , the minimum I would be expecting would be possibly 6 new players
I doubt the board are thinking we need 6 players now ! More like get a couple of experienced in on short term contracts and have  clear out at the seasons end ready for L2 imo.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 27, 2021, 07:14:49 pm by Chris Black come back »

Substantial funds
This is where problems start for me , in reality that's possibly 2 new players , because we are sending 2 loan players back.

Think we need 11 new players but being realistic when they mentioned substantial funds knowing 2 or 3 loan players are getting sent back , the minimum I would be expecting would be possibly 6 new players

We are sending two loan players back, but nobody thinks the two we are sending back can at this stage in the careers make an impact for us. They fill the bench. If we get two loan players who we can expect to start and make a difference, that isn’t a 1:1 swap, as we haven’t been getting the 1 from these lads.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 27, 2021, 07:15:10 pm by silent majority »

Substantial funds

I doubt the board are thinking we need 6 players now ! More like get a couple of experienced in on short term contracts and have  clear out at the seasons end ready for L2 imo.

Don’t talk wet.

If L2 was the plan they wouldn’t be getting anybody in.

It’s cheaper to try and stay in this division than it is to go down and then to come back.

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 27, 2021, 07:23:38 pm by kirk »

Substantial funds

Don’t talk wet.

It’s cheaper to try and stay in this division than it is to go down and then to come back.

So why didn’t they give us a fighting chance at the beginning of the season?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 27, 2021, 07:25:36 pm by Retdon1 »

Substantial funds

Don’t talk wet.

Talk is cheap, the Proof will be what shape the team is in come Feb 1st

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 27, 2021, 08:13:06 pm by ravenrover »

Substantial funds

Don’t talk wet.

So why didn’t they give us a fighting chance at the beginning of the season?
The chance they gave was wasted

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 27, 2021, 08:17:38 pm by bigal »
Gets to know if the job is his tomorrow

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 27, 2021, 10:32:07 pm by TheFunk »
Some genius behind me today said he doesn't want McSheffrey because he stands with his hands in his pockets.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 28, 2021, 07:35:41 am by karlos »
To be honest if I was gm or any other manager and was told I could only bring 4 people in I wouldn’t be taking the job as it especially for him would do real damage to my credentials.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 28, 2021, 08:26:56 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Really depends on our injuries and when we can expect players back. If the team is going to be like this for a prolonged period then yeah 4 might not be enough (we'll pick up further injuries too) but if we get even half of our injured players back then 4 good players will see us having a real fighting chance imo.

Issue has always been putting the ball in the net. Sort that and with a few of our injuries players back we'll have a chance. Our season was never going to be defined by playing Sunderland let alone when we've got 9 or so 1st team players out. Results like we got against Shrewsbury are what it's about for us now

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 28, 2021, 08:53:04 am by The Beast »
Some genius behind me today said he doesn't want McSheffrey because he stands with his hands in his pockets.
Seems harsh that, now if he runs with his hands in his pockets he’s got a point!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 28, 2021, 09:14:14 am by Campsall rover »
If they give him the job after that it’s a joke
You expected better against Sunderland with that team. We were very lucky it was not 0-6
Seriously what would Klopp have done with that 11 that started which would have improved the performance and or the result?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 28, 2021, 09:41:36 am by drfchound »
Really depends on our injuries and when we can expect players back. If the team is going to be like this for a prolonged period then yeah 4 might not be enough (we'll pick up further injuries too) but if we get even half of our injured players back then 4 good players will see us having a real fighting chance imo.

Issue has always been putting the ball in the net. Sort that and with a few of our injuries players back we'll have a chance. Our season was never going to be defined by playing Sunderland let alone when we've got 9 or so 1st team players out. Results like we got against Shrewsbury are what it's about for us now

It is hard to know what to believe with the injured players.
It seems that Fej has been four weeks away from a return since June, similar with Taylor and I feel sure I read that he might now be out until the end of the season.
Cameron John has allegedly been close to a return and speaking of Close, he too is always nearly ready to come back.
Despite all of the nearly ready promises we have seen a couple of brief cameos from two of them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 28, 2021, 09:49:14 am by Campsall rover »

It seems that Fej has been four weeks away from a return since June, similar with Taylor and I feel sure I read that he might now be out until the end of the season.
Cameron John has allegedly been close to a return and speaking of Close, he too is always nearly ready to come back.
Despite all of the nearly ready promises we have seen a couple of brief cameos from two of them.
Are they all as bad as is being made out or do they just not fancy a relegation scrap.

Not casting aspersions on any of them because I have no facts about their injuries but the sheer number of them and long term ones does suggest there is a serious problem. Something does not sit right with me as this i has now been a problem for over 2 seasons now and getting worse.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 28, 2021, 10:07:18 am by ravenrover »
Bit too mucb faith in the young lads for me, they are not physically ready for regular 1st team football

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 28, 2021, 10:19:57 am by Campsall rover »
They are not but with what is available with the current injury situation who does he play?
No way Ravenhill is anywhere near ready he looks totally out of his depth.
Looks like a little boy lost. I feel really sorry for him because this is not going to help his development.
The lad should be playing National league North or preferably Northern Premier league football imo.
Hasani and Blythe are a level above but National League is their maximum level at the present time.

But with a front 2 as bad as Hiwula and Dodoo we not going anywhere except down. 2 goals between them in 22 games. Do we need to say any more.
That is about as diabolical as it could possibly be.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 10:54:34 am by Campsall rover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 28, 2021, 10:42:48 am by tyke1962 »
It's the worst of the two windows in my opinion to get in what you need and give yourselves a chance .

Clubs are far more cautious about letting players leave because they just might need them .

Bottom of the league isn't always a great attraction for many .

There's no pre season and if any signings are made they have to more or less hit the ground running .

Goalscorers are at a premium in the best of times never mind the January window .

There can also be a tendency to get desperate as the pressure increases to bring players in .

We could both do with some luck this window and pull some rabbits out of the hat but in our case I'm not holding my breath .

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 28, 2021, 10:59:54 am by elmsallrover »
But the club have said we've got several players lined up if the manager wants them so it can't be that hard

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 28, 2021, 12:24:33 pm by RoversAlias »

It was stated a while ago that Fejiri would be out for quite a long time, maybe most of the season. John has a bad back injury and so was also expected to be out long term, but may have seen some improvement on that time frame.

Taylor I'm not sure on.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 28, 2021, 12:40:22 pm by Alan Southstand »
Taylor’s last prognosis was that he would be out ‘indefinitely’.

Forget him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 28, 2021, 01:07:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
Injuries cannot be avoided, these are humans not robots. However, it is more than a little concerning that we have heard “worse than originally thought” on more than one occasion this season. The drifting return dates for our more talented players is not good.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 28, 2021, 01:18:27 pm by WheatleyRover »
Is it just me or does Mcsheffrey look a little bit like Sharp!

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 28, 2021, 01:23:21 pm by Northants Nomad »
It’s just you.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 28, 2021, 01:35:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Get him a shirt quick. GM you are leading the line on Sunday at Morecambe not the team.  :that:

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 28, 2021, 01:46:22 pm by NewDonny »
Give it to GM and back in in the transfer window without breaking the club, the rest is in place, he know the club, its people history and its culture etc. He'll also get the best out of the younger players. Judging him now with the cards he's been dealt would be wrong.

TBH though, with 130 applicants for the job, I suspect the board will go another way........................

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 28, 2021, 01:47:41 pm by WheatleyRover »
I will fully back him or whoever is in charge, time for us to move forward together as a club, negativity isn't going to turn this ship around.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 28, 2021, 01:51:47 pm by Upton Rover »
Surly out of the other 129 applicants there’s someone with a bit more experience than GM that’s why I would say it’s a poor appointment if it is GM but would fully back him

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 28, 2021, 06:06:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Injuries cannot be avoided, these are humans not robots. However, it is more than a little concerning that we have heard “worse than originally thought” on more than one occasion this season. The drifting return dates for our more talented players is not good.

Jesus. It's happening again. Free Press saying Anderson has had a flare up of an injury from earlier in the season. No timeline for return yet, can't say. We've heard this one before and know where it ends up.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 28, 2021, 07:06:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Surly out of the other 129 applicants there’s someone with a bit more experience than GM that’s why I would say it’s a poor appointment if it is GM but would fully back him

But if the club has decided that McSheffrey is a better pick at this moment in time than someone else with more experience what's wrong with that? They have a pretty decent record at appointing manager, such as McCann who no one would have wanted at the time. Perhaps just trust the process.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 28, 2021, 07:11:37 pm by Retdon1 »
The 1st thing the new manger needs to do is sort out our medical department, the physios just arnt up to scratch

TinyPortal © 2005-2012