Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:17:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 24716 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #60 on January 05, 2022, 02:37:49 pm by aidanstu »
Getting bored now

You got more staying power than me, once he started whinging for the sake of it I had enough

And this is the problem; it’s not a winge for the sake of it. The club is slowly dying; if you can’t see that there is something wrong.

John Ryan left this board 7 years ago; we are still not sustainable, have gone backwards since then and still don’t seem to have a plan. We are five years in to the first 5 year plan and sit in the relegation zone of the league we were in at the time. Great plan.

You’ll realise when it is too late what direction the board are taking us in.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:40:32 pm by aidanstu »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 05, 2022, 02:40:18 pm by scunny rover »
Still going on and on and on

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 05, 2022, 02:51:11 pm by scunny rover »
Why would the board want to drag the club down?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 05, 2022, 02:55:14 pm by ravenrover »
The players hold all the cards. Imagine the club had stymied his progress; how would that have made Whiteman feel? Do you think, after giving his all and earning the right to play at a higher level, that would be taken well by the player? Do you think putting a player, essentially, under house arrest would make him want to continue giving his all? No. Performances would drop, as they did when Moore had his head turned.

And how would it look to prospective signings in future? This club hold you back. Your career will stand still playing for the Rovers. Instead, we have a reputation for resurrecting careers and being a good place to play and improve.

There are too many people who’ve learned everything they know about football from video games and are so far removed from the real world it’s embarrassing.

Let’s put this in context; Rob Dickie, a 24 year old (same as Whiteman), centre back, who played for Oxford, who was there club captain (same as Whiteman) and had played half the games Whiteman had left for 2.5 million in the same transfer window to a championship club. This is despite having 1 year less on his contract. We received 40% less than Oxford and they were selling a centre half!!

How can that possibly be considered good business. Some people on here just do as they are told.

There is a good film on Netflix called “don’t look up” some folk would do well to watch it and take note.
So what did we actually sell Whiteman for? No rumours no guesses no it was reported, what was the actual price, what was the spread of the deal how much up front how many payments what were the add ons, and substantiate it

It was widely reported; the club can hide behind the fact they don’t publish it but don’t be fooled by it. If you have any more reliable source to suggest I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.

You’re being drawn in by the lack of information and your loyalty to the board: similar happens in politics and racism.

Look at the fact available, that you can see with your own eyes and then consider your position.

Before we go down the route is sustainability there are 22 clubs in our division that are sustained and are doing it better than us.
You are the one quoting figures coming up with figures you can't substantiate an not me  I don't know and don't really care what he went for, but what you are saying is based on reports so in fact you know no more than me or my dog.
I have loyalty to my football team not The Board and don't bring politics or racism into a footbaling matter. What is my position for me to consider
Basically you actually know diddly squat

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 05, 2022, 02:56:48 pm by aidanstu »
Why would the board want to drag the club down?

I never said they wanted to; I said they are.

Every action of the club tells me they have zero ambition to be on the championship. If anybody can give me anything to the contrary, again, I’m willing to hear it.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 05, 2022, 03:03:45 pm by aidanstu »
The players hold all the cards. Imagine the club had stymied his progress; how would that have made Whiteman feel? Do you think, after giving his all and earning the right to play at a higher level, that would be taken well by the player? Do you think putting a player, essentially, under house arrest would make him want to continue giving his all? No. Performances would drop, as they did when Moore had his head turned.

And how would it look to prospective signings in future? This club hold you back. Your career will stand still playing for the Rovers. Instead, we have a reputation for resurrecting careers and being a good place to play and improve.

There are too many people who’ve learned everything they know about football from video games and are so far removed from the real world it’s embarrassing.

Let’s put this in context; Rob Dickie, a 24 year old (same as Whiteman), centre back, who played for Oxford, who was there club captain (same as Whiteman) and had played half the games Whiteman had left for 2.5 million in the same transfer window to a championship club. This is despite having 1 year less on his contract. We received 40% less than Oxford and they were selling a centre half!!

How can that possibly be considered good business. Some people on here just do as they are told.

There is a good film on Netflix called “don’t look up” some folk would do well to watch it and take note.
So what did we actually sell Whiteman for? No rumours no guesses no it was reported, what was the actual price, what was the spread of the deal how much up front how many payments what were the add ons, and substantiate it

It was widely reported; the club can hide behind the fact they don’t publish it but don’t be fooled by it. If you have any more reliable source to suggest I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.

You’re being drawn in by the lack of information and your loyalty to the board: similar happens in politics and racism.

Look at the fact available, that you can see with your own eyes and then consider your position.

Before we go down the route is sustainability there are 22 clubs in our division that are sustained and are doing it better than us.
You are the one quoting figures coming up with figures you can't substantiate an not me  I don't know and don't really care what he went for, but what you are saying is based on reports so in fact you know no more than me or my dog.
I have loyalty to my football team not The Board and don't bring politics or racism into a footbaling matter. What is my position for me to consider

If you want to ignore what is happening in front of your eyes that is completely up to you.

I was the only person on this board that predicted we would be relegated at the beginning of the season given what was happening within the club; some folk were talking about being near the playoffs.

It was obvious we were going to struggle; people will call me pessimistic and anti the board when we are playing in league 2 next season.

The fact that we had the money in August for a Sunderland striker but marquis would now take up 3/4 players wages tells you everything there is to know about the lack of actual plan, the associated shifting tides and the quality we are now looking at bringing in. We are preparing for league 2 and have been since January 2021.

Time will tell; I hope I’m proved wrong but to me it’s obvious.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 05, 2022, 03:29:06 pm by roversdude »

If you want to ignore what is happening in front of your eyes that is completely up to you.

I was the only person on this board that predicted we would be relegated at the beginning of the season given what was happening within the club; some folk were talking about being near the playoffs.

It was obvious we were going to struggle; people will call me pessimistic and anti the board when we are playing in league 2 next season.

The fact that we had the money in August for a Sunderland striker but marquis would now take up 3/4 players wages tells you everything there is to know about the lack of actual plan, the associated shifting tides and the quality we are now looking at bringing in. We are preparing for league 2 and have been since January 2021.

Well done lad go claim a noddy badge
So how much is Marquis on how much is the Sunderland striker on, how much were they going to pay
So you predicted the injuries?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 05, 2022, 03:29:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Getting bored now

You got more staying power than me, once he started whinging for the sake of it I had enough

And this is the problem; it’s not a winge for the sake of it. The club is slowly dying; if you can’t see that there is something wrong.

John Ryan left this board 7 years ago; we are still not sustainable, have gone backwards since then and still don’t seem to have a plan. We are five years in to the first 5 year plan and sit in the relegation zone of the league we were in at the time. Great plan.

You’ll realise when it is too late what direction the board are taking us in.

Most clubs have dynamic 5 year plans. It wasn't a "Destination Championship" like statement.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 05, 2022, 05:11:42 pm by aidanstu »

Well done lad go claim a noddy badge
So how much is Marquis on how much is the Sunderland striker on, how much were they going to pay
So you predicted the injuries?

Are you seriously telling me Sunderland aren’t paying more, or even close to what Marquis is on. Don’t just argue for the sake of argument.

Every club has injuries, we just didn’t plan for them and relied on a small, young, inexperienced squad littered with players who hadn’t had regular game time; it’s hardly rocket science.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 05, 2022, 05:29:27 pm by scunny rover »
Well I'm seriously  telling you I don't know

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 05, 2022, 06:13:48 pm by aidanstu »
Well as a guide Salary Sport has Marquis on 5.2k per week and O’Brien on 6.5.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 05, 2022, 06:15:35 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Getting bored now

The second someone says anything along the lines of 'the board don't/didn't want us to get promoted, to save money', I stop listening to them, as it's such an immensely stupid and unfounded statement.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 05, 2022, 06:17:27 pm by aidanstu »
Getting bored now

The second someone says anything along the lines of 'the board don't/didn't want us to get promoted, to save money', I stop listening to them, as it's such an immensely stupid and unfounded statement.

Actions speak louder than words.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 05, 2022, 06:20:17 pm by Janso »
Getting bored now

So we should just spunk a load of money and hope for the best to make some of our fans happy?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 05, 2022, 06:27:30 pm by ravenrover »
That site looks about as accurate as Wikipedia.
"Every club has injuries, we just didn't plan for them" what utter drivel

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 05, 2022, 06:30:05 pm by aidanstu »
Getting bored now

So we should just spunk a load of money and hope for the best to make some of our fans happy?

You never did reply about grabbing that pint. I’m never said that did I; most other clubs haven’t gone crazy with spending but have somehow managed to stay clear of the relegation zone.

What bit of the clubs transfer business are you defending by the way?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 05, 2022, 06:31:47 pm by aidanstu »
That site looks about as accurate as Wikipedia.
"Every club has injuries, we just didn't plan for them" what utter drivel

That why I said use it as a guide; which bit is drivel; the fact that other clubs have injuries or the fact we didn’t plan for them?

Show a club without injuries and try convincing anyone we don’t have any sort of strength in depth.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 05, 2022, 06:37:50 pm by idler »
:cool:
Remember Southampton wanting Billy in the close season at over 3million? He didn’t want to move.
He then got injured at Brighton in the first game and missed a load of games. He got back to fitness and then miraculously it was in the press that he had a £1.1 million buy out clause in his contract.
Enter Adkins and they save over £2 million. The board were sure carved up there good an proper. Nobody criticised Billy over that at the time but it probably cost us any chance of staying up by losing out on the extra cash or not having his potential goals.
can't believe a club would not know if a player had a sell on clause or not in a contract
I would imagine that once it got near the time to come in his agent let everybody know.
The worst thing was Billy not wanting to go in August for a good fee to us plus then deciding he did want to go in January for a lot less.
Not to mention then seeing him score his first two goals for Southampton against us down there and celebrating like a good un.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 05, 2022, 06:38:35 pm by roversdude »
So how should we have planned for the injuries we’ve had, how big do you think the squad should be

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 05, 2022, 06:45:22 pm by aidanstu »
So how should we have planned for the injuries we’ve had, how big do you think the squad should be

I think, with all due respect, you’re missing the point. It’s the clubs job to plan and not mine; the current state of the squad indicates they haven’t done that part of the job properly and I doubt you, or anybody else, could put a coherent argument forward to convince anyone, except those that blindly support the board, that they have.

I simply don’t know what you are trying to defend or why.

Just for clarity I’m not somebody who is asking the board to go; they do need to get people around them who are able to support them running the club better than what is occurring currently.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:52:00 pm by aidanstu »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 05, 2022, 06:49:13 pm by roversdude »
Well you’ve loads of opinions of what’s wrong but no idea of how you think it should be

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 05, 2022, 06:58:44 pm by aidanstu »
Well you’ve loads of opinions of what’s wrong but no idea of how you think it should be

I have shared lots of opinions on how I think the club should be ran previously; the board have adopted some of them ideas; I’m not suggesting that was because of me.

What I don’t do is just simply accept everything I am told, ignore what is before me and simply follow the consensus.

The club is divided at the moment between those that are opposed to the board and those that are for the board; the opinions I have expressed are valid but most on here simply don’t want to hear it. It’s a reflection of how society is at the moment. People just seek to have their own misguided, extreme opinions validated and can’t be accepting of any other than their own.

I have asked you to explain your thinking on a couple of matters and either you can’t or won’t; why? Because you know I’m right but don’t want to concede your position. It’s a theme on this forum and it’s like 1984 with the Thought Police in full force.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 05, 2022, 07:26:39 pm by Janso »
Getting bored now

You never did reply about grabbing that pint. I’m never said that did I; most other clubs haven’t gone crazy with spending but have somehow managed to stay clear of the relegation zone.

I'm not defending anything but you'd probably find a way to discredit anything they did.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 05, 2022, 07:35:53 pm by roversdude »
Sorry what have you asked me to explain?
Your opinions are obviously right and everyone else is wrong

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 05, 2022, 07:39:18 pm by aidanstu »
Getting bored now

I'm not defending anything but you'd probably find a way to discredit anything they did.

Thanks; I’ll take that as a compliment

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 05, 2022, 07:49:25 pm by aidanstu »
Sorry what have you asked me to explain?
Your opinions are obviously right and everyone else is wrong

1) What, in your view, have the club done since selling Whiteman that suggests to you that we are moving forward and not planning for relegation.

What part of the clubs transfer policy/ squad depth are you defending and why?

What bit of what I said about other teams having injuries and us having no squad depth was drivel?

What makes you think we appropriately planned for the likely injuries ?

These are all questions I put to you that you haven’t bothered to respond to; you have managed to attempt to shoot me down for raising the points though.

The irony of you saying I raise concerns but no solutions is rather humorous when you defend a position but can’t bring your self to articulate why.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 05, 2022, 07:51:02 pm by Draytonian III »
Let’s chuck loads of money on to the budget pile year after year and see where that gets us , in my eyes we would end up like Derby, Coventry, Bolton and numerous others of the last 20 years with owners who are ONLY in it for themselves and the profit. Now let me think have we ever been in that situation before ???

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 05, 2022, 07:51:54 pm by Janso »
Getting bored now

So you've basically just confirmed you'd not be happy no matter what they did so I no longer have any cause to pay any attention to anything you say.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 05, 2022, 07:55:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Let’s chuck loads of money on to the budget pile year after year and see where that gets us , in my eyes we would end up like Derby, Coventry, Bolton and numerous others of the last 20 years with owners who are ONLY in it for themselves and the profit. Now let me think have we ever been in that situation before ???
Isn't it ironic that all those three clubs that were led onto the road of disaster are higher than us in the league now!

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 05, 2022, 07:56:01 pm by aidanstu »
Getting bored now

So you've basically just confirmed you'd not be happy no matter what they did so I no longer have any cause to pay any attention to anything you say.

I didn’t say that either did I?  Never mind; either make a point or don’t Janso. You’re a troll.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012