Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:03:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 24715 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Darren Moore
« on January 03, 2022, 12:39:13 am by Lesonthewest »
On a bleak day, his interview cheered me up. Minutes on the training pitch, covid, consistency, 4 defenders out, close to signings but could be far away, minutes on the training pitch again, Sheffield Wendy! yada yada

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2022, 12:51:17 am by MachoMadness »
Have him back in a heartbeat.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2022, 01:25:54 am by Draytonian III »

I wouldn’t, no way

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2022, 01:56:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
His sides are organised, probably too much. If he just let the attacking players go a bit he would get more results.
He does talk a lot of rubbish in interviews, very cagey guy.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2022, 08:12:36 am by Chris Black come back »
He’s got Plymouth, Oxford and Ipswich up next. Could quite feasible lose all those. Suspect he may be out of a job if so.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2022, 09:38:44 am by normal rules »

After the mess he left?
Think again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2022, 09:53:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yeah, he could play a villain that visits his mate Greengrass in Aidensfield.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2022, 10:35:20 am by phil old leake »
Wouldn’t want him back.  I felt things started to go down hill before he left and the Owls were a get out for him

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2022, 02:33:13 pm by dickos1 »

No way,
Lots of our current issues are down to him

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2022, 02:40:07 pm by danumdon »
Will eventually be managing Solihull Moors or lower, him, cash and responsibility are anathema to each other.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2022, 03:27:24 pm by Petche »
Wouldn’t want him back.  I felt things started to go down hill before he left and the Owls were a get out for him

Absolutely agree with that.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2022, 04:02:30 pm by MachoMadness »

After the mess he left?
Think again.
How much of that mess was his fault? And how much was him making the most of a reduced covid budget?

Ok, man's a turncoat and on a character level suspect but we were the best team in the league before his head got turned. The way he left stinks but he's an easy scapegoat for deeper problems imo.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2022, 04:07:24 pm by Spud »

After the mess he left?
Think again.
How much of that mess was his fault? And how much was him making the most of a reduced covid budget?

Ok, man's a turncoat and on a character level suspect but we were the best team in the league before his head got turned. The way he left stinks but he's an easy scapegoat for deeper problems imo.

On that basis, Wednesday should be pissing the league then.

He's an odd one to me, when he first came in we played some excellent, high tempo footy. Then he seemed intent on putting the handbrake on, & sounds like he does the same over there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2022, 04:15:43 pm by Campsall rover »
No way would I want to see him any where near Cantley Park again.
Left us high and dry at the first sniff of a bigger club job.

He is not a good manager. Decent coach maybe but he will not go far as a manager imo. 
Am here to be proved wrong. We will see.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2022, 04:34:15 pm by roversdude »
He wasn’t exactly prolific at the training ground by all accounts, we were on the slippery slope before he actually left, whether this was due to his head being turned I guess we’ll never know.
I predict a future as a pundit for him, he fits the demographic well for Sky

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2022, 04:37:36 pm by Campsall rover »
He wasn’t exactly prolific at the training ground by all accounts, we were on the slippery slope before he actually left, whether this was due to his head being turned I guess we’ll never know.
Except would you want to listen to him at half and full time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 03, 2022, 05:40:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

After the mess he left?
Think again.

I think that's a fair observation given we know he was tapped up by Owls before their official approach and was giving Bostock assurances he was going nowhere. The timing of their approach couldn't have been worse but you have to wonder whether his head had indeed been turned and when the going got tough, he jumped.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 03, 2022, 05:43:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The reduced budget started in his reign.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 03, 2022, 05:53:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Except would you want to listen to him at half and full time.

Needs to brush up on his 'erms'

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 03, 2022, 06:37:27 pm by RoversAlias »

People forget so easily. When McCann was hired and we only signed two young kids on loan that summer, many fans went on about the club not spending enough money.

As it turned out, Wilks and Kane were all we needed to push on and take an unlikely Play-Off spot.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 03, 2022, 06:38:11 pm by Branton Red »

You must be joking he systematically destroyed the excellent squad put together by Ferguson then McCann over an 18 month period by not signing players up to new contracts. His own permanent signings were largely very poor. His success was built on the back of the excellent back 4 he inherited plus Whiteman and yes his own excellent loan signings. The football, bar the odd lightening counter attack once every 10 minutes, was dreary as hell - all those continuous one-twos between centre halves and the keeper.

He's the reason we had to buy virtually a whole new squad in the summer - a difficult task putting us on the back foot for this season straight away. Yes a task which admittedly Richie Wellens and the club made a complete hash of but we shouldn't have been in that situation to start with - a fault largely at Moore's door.

Results may suggest otherwise but for me one of the worst manager's of DRFC in my lifetime.

Oh and of course as soon as his incompetence began to come back to bite him, he and is agent engineered a hasty exit leaving Rovers to try and manage his mess.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 03, 2022, 09:14:21 pm by Chris Black come back »

You must be joking he systematically destroyed the excellent squad put together by Ferguson then McCann over an 18 month period by not signing players up to new contracts. His own permanent signings were largely very poor. His success was built on the back of the excellent back 4 he inherited plus Whiteman and yes his own excellent loan signings. The football, bar the odd lightening counter attack once every 10 minutes, was dreary as hell - all those continuous one-twos between centre halves and the keeper.

He's the reason we had to buy virtually a whole new squad in the summer - a difficult task putting us on the back foot for this season straight away. Yes a task which admittedly Richie Wellens and the club made a complete hash of but we shouldn't have been in that situation to start with - a fault largely at Moore's door.

Results may suggest otherwise but for me one of the worst manager's of DRFC in my lifetime.

Oh and of course as soon as his incompetence began to come back to bite him, he and is agent engineered a hasty exit leaving Rovers to try and manage his mess.

This made me think about who exactly Moore did sign permanently. Wow, it was bad.

Some of these granted were on short deals or non contract, but the non-loan signings were a real mixed bag:

Alex Baptiste
Devante Cole
Kwame Thomas
Rakish Bingham
Fejiri
Jason Lokilo
Bogle
Ed Williams
Cam John
Andy Butler
John Bostock

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 03, 2022, 09:28:34 pm by Branton Red »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 03, 2022, 10:14:40 pm by wilts rover »

People forget so easily. When McCann was hired and we only signed two young kids on loan that summer, many fans went on about the club not spending enough money.

As it turned out, Wilks and Kane were all we needed to push on and take an unlikely Play-Off spot.

They do.

Ferguson left (in part) due to not having the budget he wanted. Saunders came in with 'the experiment'.

It's not the amount they had. It's that Moore (in Jan 2021) and Wellens spent the money they had badly. And Gary Mac is faced withe consequences of that.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 03, 2022, 10:49:35 pm by roversdude »
Strange I thought Ferguson left to look after his sick father

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 03, 2022, 11:38:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Strange I thought Ferguson left to look after his sick father

AFAIK Ferguson has never said anything about the budgets being the reason he quit.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2022, 03:30:55 am by Bailey Vickerage »

don’t want to be negative but we also brought in Jermaine Anderson as well as aaron lewis, tyler Smith and Paul Downing on loan that season. 3 out of the 6 loans that season were very good and made great contributions to the team, the other 3 didn’t work out. Hopefully we can replace the ones that haven’t worked out with players close to the ability of Kane and wilks this month.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 04, 2022, 06:16:43 am by aidanstu »

Things started to go downhill after Whiteman were sold; Moore probably left as a consequence.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 04, 2022, 06:44:24 am by PDX_Rover »

Things started to go downhill after Whiteman were sold; Moore probably left as a consequence.

No. Wednesday were tapping up Moore in mid-December.

Whiteman wanted to go. Nothing that anyone at the club could do about that.

Moore - decent coach but doesn’t have what it takes long term to manage. And boy did he sign some clunkers.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 04, 2022, 07:19:44 am by NickDRFC »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

I’m not sure that you can pin the blame on the contracts running down on the manager. It may have been party his fault but particularly last season, we were told that delaying contract talks with those that were expiring “suited both parties” - that was after Moore had left the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012