Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:53:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 77036 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1590 on June 20, 2022, 01:10:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Common but unpleasant. Had septorhinoplasty myself, 2 weeks off work I had to have.  Very frustrating.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1591 on June 20, 2022, 01:24:15 pm by SydneyRover »
Glad to hear you got through it pud, De Mulder was called in to dispose of waste cut from johnson's nose.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1592 on June 20, 2022, 01:31:37 pm by mugnapper »
Is he having his nose shortened?
He must have been on the waiting list for years to get a routine operation done. (Yeah right lol)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1593 on June 20, 2022, 01:33:09 pm by mugnapper »
Don't panic everyone, Raab has his finger on the Nuclear button, so we're safe as houses.

• VSC Member
« Reply #1594 on June 20, 2022, 04:15:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Glad to hear you got through it pud, De Mulder was called in to dispose of waste cut from johnson's nose.

Ha funny that. Genuinely made a huge difference to quality of life though, not a problem to take lightly.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1595 on June 20, 2022, 04:23:30 pm by Not Now Kato »
Common but unpleasant. Had septorhinoplasty myself, 2 weeks off work I had to have.  Very frustrating.

Ah, 2 weeks off work for Johnson then. Just right with a couple of bi-elections coming up that they may well lose!  Oh, and saves him repeating the fridge trick  ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1596 on June 20, 2022, 05:25:24 pm by ravenrover »
Radio news says back to work tomorrow

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1597 on June 20, 2022, 06:26:17 pm by BobG »
Shit.

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1598 on June 20, 2022, 11:02:23 pm by SydneyRover »
''Rail dispute has been manufactured by Shapps - RMT''

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-61872041

''Grant Shapps: Train strikes are 'full responsibility of the unions'''

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-61872042

who would you put your hard earned on?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1599 on June 21, 2022, 06:36:04 am by Donnywolf »
I always would say "Google Grant Shapps controversy (ies) "

Then look at what he has been proven to have done and see whether he can be trusted

• VSC Member
« Reply #1600 on June 21, 2022, 07:01:26 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Both, the unions want too much and the government are not getting involved enough to sort it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1601 on June 21, 2022, 08:03:54 am by Filo »
Both, the unions want too much and the government are not getting involved enough to sort it.

Inflation at 10% the unions want 7% and keep their current  T&C’s, I think that is perfectly reasonable, an effective 3% cut in living standards

MP’s last increase in 2020 was 3.1%, inflation was 1.8%

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1602 on June 21, 2022, 08:23:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
Only in desperation do strikes happen. If the government were at the negotiations table then this wouldn't be happening.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1603 on June 21, 2022, 11:53:21 am by BobG »
And, don't forget, ever since Mrs Thatcher, the rules by which strikes must be approved before any action at all takes place have been repeatedly made more and more stringent. The objective behind this of course has always been twofold: to make it incredibly difficult to get the required  approvals, and, to ensure that the 'silent majority' are not led by a militant faction. So for this Government to now say that this strike is unneccesary and is solely the fault of the RMT stretches credulity beyond breaking point. if a large union, with a lot of members, has voted for strike action under the rules in force today, then there is a serious problem indeed. That's true by defnition given the field that unions play on nowadays.

BobG
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 06:34:36 pm by BobG »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1604 on June 21, 2022, 12:29:56 pm by SydneyRover »
Yes Bob it's looking like johnson is getting exactly what he wants total chaos, he's happy to split the country for a distraction and the next election. Starmer may not be what everyone wants on the left but he's sure got johnson and the johnsons concerned.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1605 on June 21, 2022, 01:00:21 pm by MachoMadness »
Interesting they've just confirmed pensions will rise with inflation again this year. So workers can't get a decent raise because it'll drive inflation, but pensioners can...

In a completely unrelated question, which demographic is most likely to vote Tory again?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1606 on June 21, 2022, 01:13:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Interesting they've just confirmed pensions will rise with inflation again this year. So workers can't get a decent raise because it'll drive inflation, but pensioners can...

In a completely unrelated question, which demographic is most likely to vote Tory again?

Pensioners aren't going to get a proper rise either. The CPI is about 10%. Fuel costs have gone up much more than that - over 100% for me.

My disability has gone up about £10 a month in the last year. My domestic energy bills have gone up £140 a month in less than a year. Pensioners will be in the same boat.

• VSC Member
« Reply #1607 on June 21, 2022, 03:21:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Pensioners aren't going to get a proper rise either. The CPI is about 10%. Fuel costs have gone up much more than that - over 100% for me.

My disability has gone up about £10 a month in the last year. My domestic energy bills have gone up £140 a month in less than a year. Pensioners will be in the same boat.

Crikey Glyn do you live in a mansion? That's nearly all my bills combined.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1608 on June 21, 2022, 03:31:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've had a quote that mine is going up by £250/month in October.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1609 on June 21, 2022, 03:43:18 pm by MachoMadness »
No problem with pensioners or anyone on benefits getting more. In fact, disability money is shamefully low in this country. The issue is the feathering the nest of traditional Tory voting wealthy pensioners at the cost of everyone else in the country to try and direct public ire onto the unions. Those poorer pensioners who need more than that to get by, plus those on benefits who need extra help, will be told to swivel. It's not for their benefit, though.

A £140 increase is bad but if you rely on electric heating or hot water, what else can you do? One of our neighbors is on an all electric set up and she's at her wits end with the price rises.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1610 on June 21, 2022, 04:41:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Nope, just a two bed terraced house.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #1611 on June 21, 2022, 07:42:09 pm by rich1471 »

Nope, just a two bed terraced house.
I live in a 2 bed semi anemone went up £110 a month it's crazy ,by switching everything off and watching tv in the conservatory were it is warm Im down to paying £130 from £190 ,in February I was paying £80 a month

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1612 on June 21, 2022, 07:44:34 pm by wilts rover »
Worth posting twice:

Fixing strikes is Labour's job
Fixing Brexit is the EU's job
Fixing inflation is Putin's job
Fixing cost of living is workers' job
Fixing housing is immigrants' job
And fixing immigration is Rwanda's job

But we have to keep Boris, cos he gets things done.

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1539260920693772289

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1613 on June 21, 2022, 11:04:17 pm by BobG »
I use OVO. Combined gas and electricity. I've paid £165/month for ages. While I was away in Colombia, using hardly any bloody gas or electricity they informed me, in February I think it was, that they were putting up my direct debit to £360/month. I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine. We eventually agreed on £261/month. So I had a 60% increase. Looking at Rich, whose increase was 72%, and some of the others on here, I think it probably is worth having a go at haggling.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1614 on June 22, 2022, 12:02:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bob.

It's not about haggling over the direct debit. It's about the cost per kWh.

I'm currently paying 18p/kWh for my electricity. The best quote I've had for a deal in October, when my existing deal runs out, is 48p.

If the cost per unit goes up by that amount, there's no haggling to be done on the direct debit.

I can afford it, but I'm relatively well paid. And it will still mean some very serious belt tightening. I honestly don't know how some people will be able to survive with a near trebling of energy costs. The past decade has been one of accepting that millions live on the edge of financial viability, and doing sod all to change that. This is the big weight that will break a lot of backs.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1615 on June 22, 2022, 12:33:23 am by BobG »
Yes. I know Billy. Sorry. I was focussing more on the duplicity of OVO who can change their minds by almost a hundred quid a month when somebody challenges them. But even though I too can still afford to pay, I also think we are in for a winter of discontent, for some, and despair, for others.

BobG

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1616 on June 22, 2022, 06:30:01 am by Donnywolf »

Yes another manifesto promise broken - NO change to the Triple Lock on Pension rises

Yet it has been removed for this year - with the "promise" that it will return next year AND of course it will be BIG due to raging inflation "maybe double figures"

Thats good but if it is say 10pc that will be still be lower in overall terms as Pensioners / those on benefit got less of a rise than they were due to last time round. Around 4.5 % less than they were  promised / expecting so ...

Someone getting 7500 pa saw their Pension rise by 2.5 & is to get £7687.50 & then  £8456.00 when next rise kicks in next year

With the Triple lock honoured 7500 pa would have become £8025.20 & then £8827.50 if my Maths & assumptions are right

I do hope this Pensioner "Block" are made aware of this disparity although most I know already know of it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:00:48 am by Donnywolf »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1617 on June 22, 2022, 11:42:43 am by BobG »
Ah but Boris has had all these problems to struggle with DW. He's done well really......

BobG

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1618 on June 22, 2022, 01:03:45 pm by ravenrover »
So no denial that Carriejobgate happened, ducked the question completely. It would seem that he tried it again as PM. She must be on No10 payrole in some capacity, no?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1619 on June 22, 2022, 05:28:05 pm by Donnywolf »
I reckon she runs the show personally

TinyPortal © 2005-2012