Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75907 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1650 on June 28, 2022, 11:59:29 pm by SydneyRover »
 ......... as inflation continues to rise and reaches 25% johnson says 'we will keep our promise to increase defence spending to 0.5% above inflation ...........

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1651 on June 29, 2022, 05:16:21 pm by ravenrover »
On a recent interview
Well Prime Minister is GB better off after Brexit?
Oh yes
Can you give me an example?
Yes err ehm well here's a for instance we were the 1st to get the vaccine rollout we couldn't have done it in the EU

Really!?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1652 on June 29, 2022, 05:51:50 pm by albie »
So I see the Met has been put into special measures, mmmm!

It gets worse for MetPlod;
https://goodlawproject.org/news/new-legal-action-truth-partygate/

Strange approach to investigating alleged wrongdoing under the dreadful Dick.
Endorsement from Keith not enough to keep the wolf from the door.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1653 on June 29, 2022, 10:27:07 pm by wilts rover »
So now we know what Johnson was getting in return for trying to find Carrie a job - and why he is really known as BJ!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1654 on June 29, 2022, 11:18:04 pm by BobG »
This is a super informative twitter thread about the success of our superbly effective government in beating the world to rolling out Covid vaccines.....

Read Jim Grace's inputs.

https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1541329319330553856

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1655 on June 29, 2022, 11:31:19 pm by SydneyRover »
From that twitter feed Bob

''mike sainsbury
@mcsainsbury
·
27 Jun
Replying to
@mac_puck
 and
@huge2ya
Thread.

Given the extraordinary success of Johnson in getting the big things right on COVID and vaccine roll-out, it’s surprising that the inquiry into the Government’s handling of the issues is being delayed so long.

So much the world could learn from such leadership''

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1656 on June 30, 2022, 01:24:07 am by BobG »
Yes. Mr Sainsbury clearly cannot read.

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1657 on June 30, 2022, 10:19:16 am by SydneyRover »
Gov MP complains about ................. the government

''Tom Tugendhat, a Conservative MP, and chair of the foreign affairs committee, said the UK’s consistent failure to tackle international corruption had led the UK to become “a safe haven for dirty money” which he said was “a stain on our reputation”''

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/30/uk-failure-to-tackle-dirty-money-led-to-it-laundering-russias-war-funds

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1658 on June 30, 2022, 10:45:59 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Tom Tugendhat has never been a government MP.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1659 on June 30, 2022, 11:04:19 am by SydneyRover »
Tom Tugendhat has never been a government MP.

What is he Glyn?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1660 on June 30, 2022, 11:06:24 am by Glyn_Wigley »
He's an MP.

You really ought to know the difference between the Legislature and the Executive.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1661 on June 30, 2022, 11:27:24 am by SydneyRover »
He's an MP.

You really ought to know the difference between the Legislature and the Executive.

Had to do a bit of a dig there Glyn and it seems I've never had a proper understanding of it and I can't find anything that tells me which he is?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1662 on June 30, 2022, 01:39:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Syd.
The Legislature is Parliament. Their job is to scrutinise, suggest revisions to and pass or block laws. Generally to hold Government to account.

The Exucutive is a small subset of Parliament, essentially comprising those MPs and Lords who have been given jobs as ministers. Their role is to propose policy, bring it to the Legislative for assessment and voting, and then to oversee the implementation of it.

Where folk get confused is that almost always, the party that controls the Legislature also controls the Executive. So the Legislature rarely does anything that goes against the will of the Executive. Usually, if the Executive proposes a new law, it gets passed, unless it is so far out of the acceptable for MPs. Usually with all the MPs from the majority party voting for it, and most Opposition MPs voting against it. So that tends to give the impression that member of the ruling party of the Legislature are effectively part of the Executive.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 05:00:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1663 on June 30, 2022, 01:53:03 pm by SydneyRover »
Excellent, thanks for that bsb, all my reading so far not led to enlightenment so I have written to Tom to thanks him for his work on cleaning up Londongrad and asked him.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1664 on June 30, 2022, 02:17:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Only MPs who hold a ministerial post are part of the government.

Tugendhat isn't a minister and never has been. So he has never been part of any government.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1665 on June 30, 2022, 07:22:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Excellent, thanks for that bsb, all my reading so far not led to enlightenment so I have written to Tom to thanks him for his work on cleaning up Londongrad and asked him.

lest we forget the quote below from BST  about TOM who has a friend who has "been wronged" for every event

That's the same Tom Tugendhat who was screaming 2 months back that we should expel all (ALL) Russians from the UK? So he would boot out my friend (HERE WE GO AGAIN A FRIEND FOR EVERY ARGUMENT) and ex-colleague who has lived here for 25 years, worked and paid taxes, lectured me about the danger of Putin married a Ukrainian woman and brought up two kids.

And you want that Kitson to be PM?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1666 on June 30, 2022, 07:32:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You want his number CLH? I was talking to him yesterday.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1667 on June 30, 2022, 07:38:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
You want his number CLH? I was talking to him yesterday.

by combining "your definition of him" and "my definition of you" we have "common ground"

could say "one kitson talking to another kitson"   :suicide:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1668 on July 01, 2022, 04:19:17 am by SydneyRover »
The Carlton Club .........

''Its unique charm and elegance are second to none, combining traditional style with modern facilities and resources. Whether you would like a quiet coffee in the Thatcher Drawing Room, lunch with friends in the Churchill Room or a cool beverage on the Macmillan Terrace, the club offers you the sustenance and service you need'' ..........

...... or you can visit the johnson bar, get absolutely shit-faced and sexually assault grope anyone that comes within reach .............

............. Please remember our neighbours and the community as you make your way home and leave quietly otherwise the local police may mistakenly think you are protesting and move to arrest you, remember it's our members that make the laws.

https://www.carltonclub.co.uk/

''Selling alcohol to someone who is drunk
It is illegal to knowingly sell alcohol, or attempt to sell alcohol, to a person who is drunk. It is also illegal to allow alcohol to be sold to someone who is drunk.

Those who could face prosecution include:

anyone who sells alcohol at the premises

the premises licence holder and premises supervisor

any member or officer of a members club who could have stopped the sale

the premises user where there is a temporary events notice

It is also an offence for a person to knowingly get, or try to get, alcohol for a drunken person on a licensed premises.

Breaking the law could result in a fine of up to £1,000. If the convicted person is a personal licence holder, they could lose their licence''

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-alcohol-sales/2010-to-2015-government-policy-alcohol-sales#:~:text=Selling%20alcohol%20to%20someone%20who,sells%20alcohol%20at%20the%20premises

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:28:39 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1669 on July 01, 2022, 08:46:45 pm by SydneyRover »
So johnson after saying he's drawn a line under this has been forced to do the right thing and withdrawn the whip from Pincher. Why on earth didn't he just get it done in 'real' time.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1670 on July 01, 2022, 10:54:53 pm by BobG »
The Greasy Piglet knew  about thje groping tendencies before he ever appointed him as Depiuty Chief Whip. The Piglet was specifically made aware and warned. It's all over the net. I took these from https://leftfootforward.org/2022/07/boris-johnson-knew-about-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-chris-pincher-but-made-him-deputy-chief-whip-anyway/ but you can find the same in right wing pages too.

“Three sources, including one Tory MP who personally raised the issue, told Playbook that the PM was made aware of complaints about Pincher’s conduct but appointed him deputy chief whip in February anyway. No. 10 did not deny the story last night.”

"It was also previously reported by Politico that a member of the government had a “minder” to ensure he left events without drinking too much and getting into trouble — and it’s now been revealed that the MP concerned was Pincher."

So along with all its other failings and lies, the Tory Party cannot keep a known pisshead out of trouble in their own almost private club either!

Chirst Almighty.....

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1671 on July 01, 2022, 11:02:52 pm by SydneyRover »
That's the thing though innit Bob, just look at who the tories thought would be a good leader, ever seen anyone with a longer rap-sheet? is there any country, religion, race, region, minority group that he hasn't offended or balmy idea that he hasn't pursued?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1672 on July 02, 2022, 07:52:27 am by Donnywolf »
NO

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1673 on July 02, 2022, 10:07:34 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Johnson's problem is that because fewer and fewer of his MPs are willing to work for him, the pool of MPs from which he can appoint to jobs gets smaller and smaller. So it's not surprising that MPs like Pincher end up in an official position.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1674 on July 02, 2022, 10:12:08 am by mugnapper »
" It was also previously reported by Politico that a member hof the government had a “minder” to ensure he left events without drinking too much and getting into trouble — and it’s now been revealed that the MP concerned was Pincher."

I never realised unti now that my wife is also my minder. I hope she doesn't ask for an increase in the housekeeping as a result of her additional role.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1675 on July 02, 2022, 10:22:07 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
according to Dan Hodges we are entering the endgame for Boris 

mind you he's none too optimistic about the other bloke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10930359/DAN-HODGES-Keir-Starmers-big-problem-trust-single-thing-says.html

"DAN HODGES: It's not being boring that is Keir Starmer's big problem...it's that nobody can trust a single thing he says"

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1676 on July 02, 2022, 10:41:57 pm by tyke1962 »
according to Dan Hodges we are entering the endgame for Boris 

mind you he's none too optimistic about the other bloke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10930359/DAN-HODGES-Keir-Starmers-big-problem-trust-single-thing-says.html

"DAN HODGES: It's not being boring that is Keir Starmer's big problem...it's that nobody can trust a single thing he says"

Workers of the world unite , you've nothing to lose but your Labour membership .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1677 on July 02, 2022, 10:46:21 pm by drfchound »
One or two might resign tyke but the lure will draw them back in sooner or later.
Perhaps just a token gesture.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1678 on July 03, 2022, 10:15:35 am by wilts rover »
Bad news in the Mail for Johnson.

As CLH points out todays Heil on Sunday is pretty damning on Johnson. This apprently is down to a meeting this week between the owner, Lord Rothermere and editor, Paul Dacre, where Rotheremere acused Dacre of following a political line that was increasing out of touch with their readership - because he wants a peerage from Johnson.

Rotheremere has demanded the Heil becomes more critical of Johnson. Tory leaders dont last long when the Heil turns against them:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/theres-bad-news-in-the-mail-for-boris-johnson/

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1679 on July 03, 2022, 11:41:51 am by wilts rover »
And another commentator thinking the same 'The Mail turning on Boris Johnson means the last prop keeping him in power is starting to fall':

https://adambienkov.substack.com/p/the-mail-turning-on-boris-johnson

TinyPortal © 2005-2012