Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Another dodgy Tory MP  (Read 864 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Another dodgy Tory MP
« on April 17, 2022, 12:07:26 pm by wilts rover »
So Andrew Bridgen lied under oath in court - thats a jail sentence and obligatory disqualification as an MP isn't it?

https://twitter.com/gabriel_pogrund/status/1515580641403879424

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Another dodgy Tory MP
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2022, 12:15:54 pm by ravenrover »
Not with this lot, he'll just say he was very very sorry

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2022, 01:03:22 pm by tyke1962 »
Promoted to Chancellor in the next cabinet reshuffle .

He's defiantly got the attributes needed to serve under Bunter .

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2022, 01:53:34 pm by mugnapper »
But don't you know there's a war on? Let's just forget about it then.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2022, 03:17:54 pm by Donnywolf »
... and the people have moved on. They are wanting us to get on with sorting out Ukraine , attacking the huge energy bills , getting our flagship rwanda policy on the statute books and levelling up of course

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2022, 09:00:53 pm by danumdon »
Ive said it before and ill say it again,

You have to be so very suspect with the stated motives and aspirations of people who wish to put themselves forward for high office today.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush and I'm sure there must be some who have the interests of the country and what service they can give it.

But, it now looks like the caliber of characters who jockey for positions with all the political parties are very much from the same mould, ie, indoctrinated PPE, with a public school upbringing, be it with family money or scholarships who have never had a job of work outside the political industry. They wouldn't know work if it kicked them in the nuts.

There now seems to be very few "normal" individuals who have a vision and aspirations to better the country rather than to be seen and attracted to the right "insiders" who will ensure they eventually ride the gravy train that enriches them rather than benefits the country. Be it in the Commons or when they are "promoted to the Lords for "services to the country"

Very few of this despicable mob are worth a light and i would be checking their credentials and bona-fides before i gave then the time of day.

A very rotten carcass at the heart of this country.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2022, 10:03:39 pm by normal rules »
Money, power, influence.
These three elements are rife in business and politics.
Take Rishi Sunak for example. Here is a bloke and his Mrs that don’t need money.
So why is he in politics?
Because money alone does not complete the trio of these key elements.
His political status gives him influence and power.
Which makes his financial status way, way more valuable.
In many ways, influence is way more important and valuable in the 21st C than sheer wealth.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2022, 10:05:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating.

Folk list the standard of what they see in TORY MPs, then say all MPs are like that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2022, 10:11:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Only those clever enough.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2022, 10:26:30 pm by tyke1962 »
Ive said it before and ill say it again,

You have to be so very suspect with the stated motives and aspirations of people who wish to put themselves forward for high office today.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush and I'm sure there must be some who have the interests of the country and what service they can give it.

But, it now looks like the caliber of characters who jockey for positions with all the political parties are very much from the same mould, ie, indoctrinated PPE, with a public school upbringing, be it with family money or scholarships who have never had a job of work outside the political industry. They wouldn't know work if it kicked them in the nuts.

There now seems to be very few "normal" individuals who have a vision and aspirations to better the country rather than to be seen and attracted to the right "insiders" who will ensure they eventually ride the gravy train that enriches them rather than benefits the country. Be it in the Commons or when they are "promoted to the Lords for "services to the country"

Very few of this despicable mob are worth a light and i would be checking their credentials and bona-fides before i gave then the time of day.

A very rotten carcass at the heart of this country.

Ain't that the truth , the opposition leaders lied to just about everyone other than in parliament and so apparently he's the better man .

A very low bar we have currently .

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2022, 11:44:07 pm by danumdon »
Fascinating.

Folk list the standard of what they see in TORY MPs, then say all MPs are like that.

I don't know who your local MP is in Sheffield or wherever it is you live but would you be happy to have an indoctrinated  political loon who's life experiences stretch to having an outward bound course in his tens and never having had any real world work experience as your MP?

The way the Political parties Central office now works will ensure if you don't have this individual in place now then you can look forward to its appearance in the very near future.

Or maybe you can forgo the greedy, lying, material wealth types and instead have one of the very sly and dangerous but also lying,manipulative and anti semitic Corybyn/Burgon types.

Your choice, i'm sure they will serve you well.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2022, 12:40:14 am by SydneyRover »
Funny aye, of those jumping in on this thread to bleed out the trope that ''all politicians are the same'' none of them jumped in on the Starmer thread to say the same, but they want you to believe they are being even handed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2022, 01:13:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating.

I don't know who your local MP is in Sheffield or wherever it is you live but would you be happy to have an indoctrinated  political loon who's life experiences stretch to having an outward bound course in his tens and never having had any real world work experience as your MP?

The way the Political parties Central office now works will ensure if you don't have this individual in place now then you can look forward to its appearance in the very near future.

Or maybe you can forgo the greedy, lying, material wealth types and instead have one of the very sly and dangerous but also lying,manipulative and anti semitic Corybyn/Burgon types.

Your choice, i'm sure they will serve you well.

My MP ran a series of successful entertainment services companies before becoming an MP in his late 50s.

The Leader of the Opposition had a successful career in the legal profession, becoming Director of Public Prosecutions, before becoming an MP in his 40s.

The Prime Minister worked as a journalist, getting sacked on the way for making up a story, before becoming an MP in his 30s (and getting sacked from a junior ministerial position for lying to his leader shortly afterwards).

Remind me what your point is again?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2022, 01:34:24 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Money, power, influence.
These three elements are rife in business and politics.
Take Rishi Sunak for example. Here is a bloke and his Mrs that don’t need money.
So why is he in politics?
Because money alone does not complete the trio of these key elements.
His political status gives him influence and power.
Which makes his financial status way, way more valuable.
In many ways, influence is way more important and valuable in the 21st C than sheer wealth.

Ironically your NORMAL RULES about politicians do not apply   to Old Tom  ( he's the one the Chinese hate the most - he continually warns us that China wants to take over the world - but he realises we have to be pragmatic and work with them )

Yes Posh upbringing but read eveything he has done   --  this one is the future PM if people have any sense - to replace a "multi-sacked" "multi-divorcee" journalist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tugendhat

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2022, 01:50:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That's the same Tom Tugendhat who was screaming 2 months back that we should expel all (ALL) Russians from the UK? So he would boot out my friend and ex-colleague who has lived here for 25 years, worked and paid taxes, lectured me about the danger of Putin married a Ukrainian woman and brought up two kids.

And you want that Kitson to be PM?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012