Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:30:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 77023 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1680 on July 03, 2022, 11:48:32 am by SydneyRover »
I'd say he is desperate to get to an election so he can spread any blame across the party.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1681 on July 03, 2022, 11:59:34 am by tyke1962 »
I'd say he is desperate to get to an election so he can spread any blame across the party.

Inadvertently wouldn't that be a damming verdict on the merits of the opposition Sydney ?

Any Tory PM given the nature of Johnson's record as PM at this time would surely be dreading any election they had to face right now never mind offering one up two years in advance .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1682 on July 03, 2022, 12:07:04 pm by SydneyRover »

Inadvertently wouldn't that be a damming verdict on the merits of the opposition Sydney ?

Any Tory PM given the nature of Johnson's record as PM at this time would surely be dreading any election they had to face right now never mind offering one up two years in advance .

read it again, I didn't mention the opposition tyke

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1683 on July 03, 2022, 01:11:06 pm by mugnapper »
https://mixedarticle.com/boris-johnson-got-his-hairdresser-pregnant

The internet is full of this story, but as yet,no mainstream media is reporting it.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1684 on July 03, 2022, 01:13:46 pm by mugnapper »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-59147747.amp

Unrelated haidresser news. Now that's a WONDERFUL tribute to a great Statesman.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1685 on July 03, 2022, 01:25:40 pm by tyke1962 »

Your very good at answering your own questions Syd .

Nobody mentions the opposition  and clearly if the rumours are right Johnson doesn't fear them either .

Would you have envisaged John Major calling an early one in 95 or 96
When he was clinging on for dear life ?

Johnson maybe deluded but he ain't that deluded he'd call an early election just to hand Keith the keys to number 10 that much I do know .

The thing is under Major there was less going on , the economy wasn't actually too bad and yet Blair was 20 points in front of the Tories .

Keith's slender lead could be wiped out in an hour .

Saying that from what's coming out of the Labour Party Keith may not even be around to contest the GE , the knives are out and here's the thing it ain't the left who are sharpening them either .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1686 on July 03, 2022, 01:29:22 pm by Filo »

The internet is full of this story, but as yet,no mainstream media is reporting it.

I’m sure the shocking news is he has a hairdresser, the other bit is normal behaviour for him

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1687 on July 03, 2022, 03:15:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

I’m sure the shocking news is he has a hairdresser, the other bit is normal behaviour for him

remember this

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

"A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

it seemed obvious at the time we had a case of "playing away ".... "again" here   and the "mediation" solution was  a "curtain ring on the finger" ... "yet again"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586559/Puppy-dog-Boris-54-moves-spin-doctor-girlfriends-1m-flat-divorce-proceedings-going.html

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1688 on July 03, 2022, 10:11:39 pm by SydneyRover »

Nobody mentions the opposition  and clearly if the rumours are right Johnson doesn't fear them either .

Johnson maybe deluded but he ain't that deluded he'd call an early election just to hand Keith the keys to number 10 that much I do know .

The thing is under Major there was less going on , the economy wasn't actually too bad and yet Blair was 20 points in front of the Tories .

Saying that from what's coming out of the Labour Party Keith may not even be around to contest the GE , the knives are out and here's the thing it ain't the left who are sharpening them either .

It's more than clear that noone from the current crop would be a suitable pick for your ballot paper and I have been waiting for you to name your choice of leader and most likely new team to run the country. Although it should be obvious, please ensure that you name someone that more than you and your dog would vote for.

Then maybe you could tell me what you are doing on the political front about getting your team, any team elected, or what you are doing with your union to champion the rights of workers. Otherwise I may start to think you're a whining do nothing.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1689 on July 03, 2022, 10:31:59 pm by wilts rover »
Johnson isn't deluded but he is only interested in one thing and thats the welfare and interest of Alexander de Pfellel Johnson.

He knows his biggest threat to holding onto power is being sacked by the Tory Party- and if he thinks the only way to stop that is to call a GE (or at least threaten to call a GE so that his critics are in fear of lossing their seats) then he will. He wont call a GE to defeat Labour - he will call a GE to defeat his Tory enemies.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1690 on July 04, 2022, 06:51:57 am by drfchound »
Wilts, that is a good post sir, and it is interesting that you still see the Tories as winners if a GE is called soon.
Others seem to think that Labour, being so far ahead in recent polls and popularity, would now more likely be the winners.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1691 on July 04, 2022, 08:32:11 pm by scawsby steve »

It's more than clear that noone from the current crop would be a suitable pick for your ballot paper and I have been waiting for you to name your choice of leader and most likely new team to run the country. Although it should be obvious, please ensure that you name someone that more than you and your dog would vote for.

Then maybe you could tell me what you are doing on the political front about getting your team, any team elected, or what you are doing with your union to champion the rights of workers. Otherwise I may start to think you're a whining do nothing.

Is that Peter Noone, of Herman's Hermits?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1692 on July 04, 2022, 11:07:10 pm by wilts rover »
Wilts, that is a good post sir, and it is interesting that you still see the Tories as winners if a GE is called soon.
Others seem to think that Labour, being so far ahead in recent polls and popularity, would now more likely be the winners.

I am afraid I agree with the polls hound. If Johnson can't win in North Shropshire or Tiverton, seats the Tories have never lost, then they wont win a GE anytime soon.

But I doubt Johnson does, he is that arrogant. And more pertinately he knows his most immediate threat is being thrown out by the Tory Party so he will deal with them first. If that means calling a GE, thats what he will do. He's still in power - and thats what he cares about.

There's no long term plan, it's one day a time. That's how he has been all his life.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1693 on July 05, 2022, 12:14:54 am by SydneyRover »
I hereby anoint SS as the forum peddant

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1694 on July 05, 2022, 12:30:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I am afraid I agree with the polls hound. If Johnson can't win in North Shropshire or Tiverton, seats the Tories have never lost, then they wont win a GE anytime soon.

But I doubt Johnson does, he is that arrogant. And more pertinately he knows his most immediate threat is being thrown out by the Tory Party so he will deal with them first. If that means calling a GE, thats what he will do. He's still in power - and thats what he cares about.

There's no long term plan, it's one day a time. That's how he has been all his life.

There's a very serious threat emerging for the Tories Wilts which you allude to.

There's no way that Lab and the LDs are going to have a formal alliance before the next election. But on the ground, people are starting to vote for Anyone But the Tories.

Thousands of previous Labour voters voted LD in Tiverton & Honiton and in North Shropshire, because they knew Labour couldn't win there, but the LDs could.

I'm no fan of the LDs, but I'd take that if it meant that the Tories were denied a majority next time, and we could implement PR in the next Parliament.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1695 on July 05, 2022, 12:39:03 am by SydneyRover »
''Britain is proposing a new law that will require social media companies to proactively tackle disinformation posted by foreign states such as Russia''

the Guardian.

government lies and disinformation ...... hmmm

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1696 on July 05, 2022, 09:28:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just another day in which Johnson lies in a way that would have ended the career of every single previous PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62047883

So, so damaging to our politics, this normalisation of lying without consequences.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1697 on July 05, 2022, 09:38:13 am by SydneyRover »
And the net result, a government trapped in the headlights unable to function properly whilst looking after it's own arse.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1698 on July 05, 2022, 10:23:10 am by SydneyRover »
Just another day in which Johnson lies in a way that would have ended the career of every single previous PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62047883

So, so damaging to our politics, this normalisation of lying without consequences.

And the lying is doubly dim, he either promoted someone without checks or asking, or as we all know now, promoting a lackey in full knowledge of his previous poor or criminal behaviour.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1699 on July 05, 2022, 10:42:16 am by BobG »
He's been well and truly done over this morning hasn't he? A public, written statement from an ex senior civil servant confirming that the Greasy Piglet was personally briefed months and months ago about the sexual depradations of the guy. Ergo the Piglet's claim to know nothing is a downright lie. Even the BBC, the cowed and pusillanimous BBC, broadcast that fact using those very words.

The knives are being sharpened.

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1700 on July 05, 2022, 12:55:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It looks like Raab could be toast as well after him saying that Johnson being briefed about Pinscher was 'news to him'.

It means that either Raab knew too and is lying himself, or that Raab is being lied to as well as the rest of us which still doesn't look good for him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1701 on July 05, 2022, 01:20:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the box, but even I should have seen the nominative determinism in Pincher and Gropegate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1702 on July 05, 2022, 01:37:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is how f**king stupid they think their supporters are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1544291206833872898

They think you'll swallow the concept that, when the PM heard one of his key staff had been caught shitfaced with his hands down someone's pants, he forgot that he had taken disciplinary action against him a couple of years ago for getting shitfaced and sticking his hands down someone's pants.

Because, of course, that's the sort of thing you don't remember.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1703 on July 05, 2022, 01:39:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Very seriously though. How is our democracy supposed to recover from this?

What incentives are there for any politician ever again being honest?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1704 on July 05, 2022, 06:04:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It looks like Raab could be toast as well after him saying that Johnson being briefed about Pinscher was 'news to him'.

It means that either Raab knew too and is lying himself, or that Raab is being lied to as well as the rest of us which still doesn't look good for him.

Most likely the latter. This is far far more serious than the birthday cake issue.  It's not at all something you forget. If it was one of my team they'd be out the door no questions asked and I certainly wouldn't appoint someone with that background.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1705 on July 05, 2022, 06:12:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Javid resigns now too, hopefully not the last.

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #1706 on July 05, 2022, 06:13:43 pm by Darren »
 The rats are jumping.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1707 on July 05, 2022, 06:15:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Most likely the latter. This is far far more serious than the birthday cake issue.  It's not at all something you forget. If it was one of my team they'd be out the door no questions asked and I certainly wouldn't appoint someone with that background.

It's bad enough when the little ministers who are so desperate to cling on to a job they know that no-one else would give them peddle Johnson's crap for him, but if a PM (and his No.10 machinery!) is knowingly lying to his own Deputy PM to get him to do the same what kind of a government is this shambles?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1708 on July 05, 2022, 06:16:45 pm by albie »
Bozo looking to hold on until the summer recess, to gain some breathing space.
Expect more unavailability, due to jaunts here, there and everywhere.

As he will not resign, it is down to the 1922 to cull him.
New elections to the 1922 coming up, which could cook his oven ready goose!

On the subject of electoral pacts, I would think a Tory/LibDem pact more likely than any other combination in the event of a hung parliament.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1709 on July 05, 2022, 06:17:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Javid resigns now too, hopefully not the last.

Wow, that's a big name to jump. Could it open the floodgates?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012