Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:49:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75848 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #180 on January 29, 2022, 10:26:55 am by SydneyRover »
The redacted report gets released, we wait for the police report and action ....... there will then be no reason why the full Grey report should not be released the same day.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on January 29, 2022, 10:30:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
There's no reason why that shouldn't happen SR.

But Sky News are reporting that Gray has no intention of submitting an unredacted report.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on January 29, 2022, 10:43:44 am by Filo »
Dick is head of Johnsons Gestapo!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on January 29, 2022, 11:09:57 am by tyke1962 »
Tyke.

Because he got Brexit done. He was their man against the bas**rd foreigners and the Elite. He took back control.

Like I keep telling you, this isn't old style normal politics, where policies and reasoned arguments matter. It's a Culture War. If you don't get that, you'll never understand Johnson or his supporters in here or outside.

When you say Culture War I see it as a Class War personally .

Thats what it is to me , the Tories waging war against minority groups who aren't capable of defending themselves .

Examples would be the unemployed , asylum seekers etc etc .

You could argue Brexit to a certain extent was a symptom of a Class War , in relatively basic terms the less well paid in society stuck it up the middle classes when they were given the opportunity to do so .

The Labour Party too are complicit because they've courted the middle class vote above the working class one it could be argued .

For some reason class isn't to be spoken about so culture replaces it for what ever reason in my opinion .

But there's no doubt in my mind it's a Class War and it's gone on since time began .

It's certainly not a new thing in my opinion .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on January 29, 2022, 12:08:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Thing is, everyone in their right mind knows that this partying inquest has blown over any form of reasonable proportion simply for political reasons, and it has been amplified for the simple reason that the opposition has absolutely nothing going for it and can only raise its own popularity by lowering the oppositions.

Put it this way, how many of you Labour lot would have condemned a Labour government so vehemently for doing the same thing?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on January 29, 2022, 12:12:03 pm by glosterred »
Thing is, everyone in their right mind knows that this partying inquest has blown over any form of reasonable proportion simply for political reasons, and it has been amplified for the simple reason that the opposition has absolutely nothing going for it and can only raise its own popularity by lowering the oppositions.

Put it this way, how many of you Labour lot would have condemned a Labour government so vehemently for doing the same thing?

My guess none, but watch them Come on here and say otherwise

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on January 29, 2022, 12:19:11 pm by wilts rover »

I think you will find quite a lot, if not all, of the 'Labour lot' condemned Blair over the Iraq invasion, at the time and ever since.

I think you will also find that some Johnson supporters have never criticised him or his actions - and never will. Which tells you more about them than it does him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on January 29, 2022, 12:19:25 pm by Filo »

You guess wrong, and I will come on here and say otherwise, I see that Tom Hugenant has said he will go for leader in a contest, that would be an excellent choice for them as leader, bad news for Labour, but at the moment I want a serious PM, not an idiot that plays to his crowd

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on January 29, 2022, 12:20:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Agree, but how many of them will be in their right mind?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on January 29, 2022, 01:36:25 pm by ravenrover »
All this talk over a party in June 2020,  when it was first reported in June of that year no one gave a shit, why now?

https://order-order.com/2022/01/28/burns-claims-boris-denies-birthday-cake/

Ever heard of Marie Antoinette?

Entitlement and arrogance in the face of real hardship. That's what's coming.
I seem to have read somewhere that Her words were translated incorrectly during the bread shortage, rather than the alleged let them eat cake, it was let them eat brioche, a type of sweet bread. Just saying
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:19:40 pm by ravenrover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on January 29, 2022, 01:53:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well here we are in politics 2022.

The likes of BB and his clique are so closed off to the concept of normal behaviour in politics that they are certain, just certain that folk on the other side would accept without criticism a leader who:

1) Chose the side of the referendum campaign to support based purely on how it would suit his career.
2) Lied repeatedly in the referendum campaign that followed.
3) Voted against the Brexit deal in order to bring down the PM, replaced her then signed an near identical Brexit deal.
4) Illegally prorogues Parliament and lied to the Queen.
5) Lied about the deal he'd signed repeatedly during the Election campaign.
6) Vanished for a month after the Election to sort out his divorce while COVID got hold.
7) Returned making stupid boasts about shaking hands on COVID wards as we started on a wave that killed nearly 70,000 people in a couple of months.
8) Delayed action on the second lockdown, leading to maybe 40,000 avoidable deaths and a far longer lockdown with much greater economic damage when it finally did come.
9) Regularly held social events at work during all this, while the rest of us were sticking to the spirit and the letter of the law.
10) Lied about this repeatedly in Parliament when faced with what he'd done.

You do have to wonder about the soul of someone who not only cannot find it in them to mumble a word of criticism about that, but assumes that everyone else is as morally bankrupt as them, and wouldn't criticise someone closer to their political stance who acted like that. Must be a barren, parched landscape.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on January 29, 2022, 06:22:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well here we are in politics 2022.

The likes of BB and his clique are so closed off to the concept of normal behaviour in politics that they are certain, just certain that folk on the other side would accept without criticism a leader who:

1) Chose the side of the referendum campaign to support based purely on how it would suit his career.
2) Lied repeatedly in the referendum campaign that followed.
3) Voted against the Brexit deal in order to bring down the PM, replaced her then signed an near identical Brexit deal.
4) Illegally prorogues Parliament and lied to the Queen.
5) Lied about the deal he'd signed repeatedly during the Election campaign.
6) Vanished for a month after the Election to sort out his divorce while COVID got hold.
7) Returned making stupid boasts about shaking hands on COVID wards as we started on a wave that killed nearly 70,000 people in a couple of months.
8) Delayed action on the second lockdown, leading to maybe 40,000 avoidable deaths and a far longer lockdown with much greater economic damage when it finally did come.
9) Regularly held social events at work during all this, while the rest of us were sticking to the spirit and the letter of the law.
10) Lied about this repeatedly in Parliament when faced with what he'd done.

You do have to wonder about the soul of someone who not only cannot find it in them to mumble a word of criticism about that, but assumes that everyone else is as morally bankrupt as them, and wouldn't criticise someone closer to their political stance who acted like that. Must be a barren, parched landscape.

And that is clear confirmation that at least one Labour supporter has absolutely nothing good to say about his own party and can only try to raise its popularity by talking b*llocks about non-labour voters.

You and the Labour party belong to each other, Billy lad.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on January 29, 2022, 07:06:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

You have literally, on numerous occasions defended your refusal ever to criticise Johnson by regaling us with how shit you think Starmer is.

If you are a WUM, you're f**king useless. If you are genuinely trying to contribute to a discussion, you're a hypocrite.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on January 29, 2022, 07:19:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. Every discussion requires answers. Now if you want to actually answer my post for once, instead of veering off into your usual path of drivel I'll respond to you. If not, I'll just ignore you. Like I said a while back, there's no point talking to you because no matter what I say it'll be wrong in your one-sided, biased and bent view.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on January 29, 2022, 07:34:03 pm by tyke1962 »
Bunter may well wriggle off the noose around his neck as the establishment which includes the Met rally round .

I think almost everyone knew that was always possible .

However such things don't exist at the ballot box when Bunter has to face the electorate .

I'd kindly suggest that understandably people are going to be angry and frustrated but the real day of reckoning is yet to come .

At 10pm on election night stock up with popcorn and have the fridge full of beer and settle down to watch reality play out .

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on January 29, 2022, 08:04:22 pm by albie »
On the matter of class war or culture war, the answer is surely that it is both.

The Tories have always pursued policies that favour the wealthy.
In doing so, the gains that come to to those who have resources, be it property or other assets, are at the cost to those without resources.

That is class war.
The political strategy is to disguise it from those who are exploited to make it happen.

This is where culture wars come in....as a means to that end.
The marketing of regressive political policies is hidden (and justified) by use of cultural dog whistles. Blaming all sorts of social issues on immigration without evidence is a great example of this in action.

Twas ever thus, but the means to exploit these divisions has changed, with social media giving a booster platform....Q'anon anyone!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on January 29, 2022, 08:20:24 pm by tyke1962 »
On the matter of class war or culture war, the answer is surely that it is both.

The Tories have always pursued policies that favour the wealthy.
In doing so, the gains that come to to those who have resources, be it property or other assets, are at the cost to those without resources.

That is class war.
The political strategy is to disguise it from those who are exploited to make it happen.

This is where culture wars come in....as a means to that end.
The marketing of regressive political policies is hidden (and justified) by use of cultural dog whistles. Blaming all sorts of social issues on immigration without evidence is a great example of this in action.

Twas ever thus, but the means to exploit these divisions has changed, with social media giving a booster platform....Q'anon anyone!

One of the greatest issues I've found is that there are many people in this country who love to stand on the hands of those one rung or two below them on the social ladder so to speak .

Anytime anybody is seen to receive something for nothing it seems to rankle with those who aren't in need of any help what so ever .

Why I don't know because almost all of us have received something that fell our way and we prospered because of it .

I can still remember 20 years ago when I was an active trade union rep walking in to one of our old gaffers tearing a strip off a young lad who was receiving Working Tax Credits under the Blair government .

The old in my day " we managed with what we earned " rhetoric .

"Quite right I said you did  but then again you went on strike for a week and ended up with a 20% pay rise didn't you " .

" We can always return to those times can't we "

He mumbled something and walked away .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on January 29, 2022, 10:03:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Christopher Chope an MP with integrity.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on January 29, 2022, 11:19:21 pm by albie »
Christopher Chope an MP with integrity.

Chope is a proper barmpot, if you look at his form down the years;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Chope

The company you keep, and all that.
Too weird for many Tories, and that's going some!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on January 29, 2022, 11:36:11 pm by SydneyRover »
I knew soon after I posted I should have qualified my support to this topic only Albie.

And on another topic I may well be wrong in saying Andrew and his lawyers are not stupid enough to fight his case in the US, they may well be. (I couldn't find where we discussed this so apologies for diverting this topic)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on January 30, 2022, 12:17:11 am by SydneyRover »
This should be handed to someone independent of government, a retired judge with powers to compel witnesses to give evidence and Johnson should stand aside while the matter is resolved.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on January 30, 2022, 11:29:56 am by SydneyRover »
It's a toss up between Cummings and Arcuri as to who hates him the most.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on January 31, 2022, 03:13:10 pm by normal rules »
So, general summary out. I’ve had a read of the 12 page doc. No names crucially. There is mention of the senior support to the PM having too much responsibility? Which has to be addressed immediately.
Also mention of blurred lines of leadership and responsibility.
A shroud of doubt has been sown over responsibility and accountability in no10.
But the book always stops at the top. The PM sets the tone .
Let’s see what he says at 3-30. I’m expecting bluster and continued smokescreens.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:21:44 pm by normal rules »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on January 31, 2022, 03:21:36 pm by rich1471 »
He said if the report shows a lack of leadership he would resign ,now let's see who he blames for this , everyone except himself probably,he will now say let's see what the police says ,he's as slippery as a snake

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on January 31, 2022, 03:38:14 pm by normal rules »
Oh dear.
He is hiding behind the report.
“I get it and I will fix it.”
The damage has been done I’m afraid Bojo.
He is speaking to Putin later today who will do his best not to laugh at Bojo.
On the world stage, Our PM has to be seen as a person of integrity, trust and leadership. He isn’t.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on January 31, 2022, 03:38:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He lied to Parliament about the party in his private flat. Open and shut case.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on January 31, 2022, 03:38:42 pm by Ldr »
Ha HAS to go

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on January 31, 2022, 03:41:19 pm by normal rules »
Rishi and priti both nodding while stabber lays into Bojo.
Interesting

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on January 31, 2022, 03:43:14 pm by drfcdrfc »

f**k me, are you capable of anything other than ifs buts or maybes?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on January 31, 2022, 03:45:57 pm by normal rules »
Bojo hits back with the Jimmy saville accusation.
I’ll get the popcorn.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012