Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75911 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #240 on January 31, 2022, 08:14:08 pm by rich1471 »
Lol!
It reminded me of Dennis Skinner the way he would not retract what he said to Boris

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on January 31, 2022, 08:25:15 pm by SydneyRover »
No security footage of the back yard? I thought there may be some of that around?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on January 31, 2022, 08:35:19 pm by tyke1962 »
The Jimmy Saville retort from Bunter was desperate with Starmer still with his foot on his throat .

His last card played and one with no value given practically everybody whose had some kind of education knows the facts surrounding Starmer and the Saville case .

I've thought he might wriggle off the hook over the weekend but tonight I firmly believe he's toast and run out of road .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on January 31, 2022, 08:58:06 pm by Filo »
When he said he was going to sort out the drinking culture at work from today, did he think it was wise to let Nadine Dorries appear on C4 news tonight off her tits?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on January 31, 2022, 09:11:34 pm by tommy toes »
Driving home earlier listening to 5 live, the presenter said they'd received plenty of emails supporting Johnson.
F**k me, Carrie and Rees-Mogg must have loads of email addresses.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on January 31, 2022, 09:12:13 pm by wilts rover »
The Jimmy Saville retort from Bunter was desperate with Starmer still with his foot on his throat .

His last card played and one with no value given practically everybody whose had some kind of education knows the facts surrounding Starmer and the Saville case .

I've thought he might wriggle off the hook over the weekend but tonight I firmly believe he's toast and run out of road .

He also said the Labour front bench were taking drugs (with Michael Gove sat next to him) and that crime had fallen by 14% under his leadership (it hasn't its risen by 14% - ONS figures last week)

Expect more of this. He is just going to lie as much as he possibly can to appease his base knowing it what they want to hear - and that he can't be touched.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on January 31, 2022, 09:25:28 pm by mugnapper »
I think the Tories have a bit of cheek bringing Jimmy Saville up.
It was Thatcher who in 1988 placed him in charge of reforms at Stoke Mandeville hospital, despite him having no qualifications for such a role.
It was Thatcher who knighted him.
And it was Norman Tebbit who said after Saville’s crimes had become public knowledge ‘Jimmy was an odd fellow but did a great deal of good, as well as wrong. You have to look at both sides of the ledger’.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on January 31, 2022, 10:03:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Where will the tory party glean any moral authority from, they threw the compass overboard when they elected johnson as leader and are now reaping the rewards of that action. They have a party hostile to itself and a public that is outraged.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on January 31, 2022, 10:27:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Again he got it wrong. The tone was not to attack the opposition, it should be to accept some blame and be adamant you will sort it out.

But to say you'll do it then go on the attack is weak and desperate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on January 31, 2022, 10:36:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He did accept blame and was adamant he'd sort it out. Can you imagine receiving two hours of barracking from all and sundry and not losing control on the odd occasion?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on January 31, 2022, 10:39:12 pm by SydneyRover »
He did accept blame and was adamant he'd sort it out. Can you imagine receiving two hours of barracking from all and sundry and not losing control on the odd occasion?

Did he apologise for lying to everyone including parliament?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on January 31, 2022, 10:44:33 pm by wilts rover »
Partygte Snap Poll

65% do not accept PM's apology today
69% want him to resign
68% don't trust him and govt. to deliver
80% want PM to publish full, unredacted report
66% say he doesn't care about the hurt caused

https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1488272752523939840

and Yougov

Resign: 63%
Remain: 25%

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1488265815736532992
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:47:17 pm by wilts rover »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on January 31, 2022, 10:46:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Reform party lads and lasses. Start the revolution.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on January 31, 2022, 11:38:48 pm by River Don »
Again he got it wrong. The tone was not to attack the opposition, it should be to accept some blame and be adamant you will sort it out.

But to say you'll do it then go on the attack is weak and desperate.

To bring up Jimmy Saville during an apology to the nation... Classy.

Seeing a bloke telling the truth ejected from the chamber shows how perverse this is becoming.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on January 31, 2022, 11:43:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

He did not accept any blame at all. He was 'sorry' that things happened but he was very careful to not apologise for anything he has said or done himself at all.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on February 01, 2022, 12:00:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He repeatedly said "I take full responsibility."

A perfect example of debasing the language.

Gray found that there had been a failure of leadership. 13 parties are being investigated by the police including 4 parties that we know for a fact he was present at. How does him "taking full responsibility" square with him not resigning? The words don't mean anything. They dribble out of his lying mouth to give folk who refuse ever to criticise him something to cling to.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on February 01, 2022, 12:27:27 am by tommy toes »
My older brother voted Tory for the first time at the last election, simply because he was seduced by the Johnson rhetoric and charm.

We nearly fell out as I called him a fool, telling him that Johnson was a liar and a charlatan who couldn't lay straight in in bed.

Well he rang me tonight and apologised for his mistake, which is massive for him as he's always known better than me in his opinion.

Who knows, BB might be next.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on February 01, 2022, 12:34:25 am by River Don »
One of those anonymous quotes from a Tory MP this evening.

"I was praying Gray would clear him, so we wouldn't have to go to war with Russia!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on February 01, 2022, 01:11:19 am by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on February 01, 2022, 07:46:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
My older brother voted Tory for the first time at the last election, simply because he was seduced by the Johnson rhetoric and charm.

We nearly fell out as I called him a fool, telling him that Johnson was a liar and a charlatan who couldn't lay straight in in bed.

Well he rang me tonight and apologised for his mistake, which is massive for him as he's always known better than me in his opinion.

What am I going to change my mind about?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on February 01, 2022, 08:02:28 am by Ldr »
TT is the kind of person who really puts me off the Labour party

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on February 01, 2022, 08:07:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
There are a few people on this forum who I simply couldn't be on the same side of. I'd rather support L**ds.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on February 01, 2022, 08:46:04 am by tommy toes »
Good

No surprise to see the yapping hound feels the same.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on February 01, 2022, 08:48:39 am by drfchound »
Good

Yes he does.
It isn’t hard to see why.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on February 01, 2022, 09:13:08 am by tommy toes »
Good

Yes he does.
It isn’t hard to see why.

Fair enough.

I have no regard at all for you either, whereas I respect BB for his forthrightness.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on February 01, 2022, 09:56:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Been thinking about what happened with Ian Blackford yesterday in Parrliament. I've certainly got no axe to grind for him. He's a cynical t**t doing everything he can to drive a wedge between the Scots and English and yesterday was part of that process.

But it's more the fact that it appears now that you can lie in Parliament without penalty, but if you call out the lying, you get hoyed out.

This gets to the core of the Johnson project. Parliament's processes are based on the principle that members are basically honorable and behave honestly. That outright lying will always lead to someone's downfall.

Johnson has realised that if you get enough support behind you, you can give the rods to that. You can lie and have everyone know you're lying, but as long as you have a party that supports you, there's nothing can be done against you.

If he survives this, the whole basis of how we govern ourselves and more impy, how we control the Govt is f**ked. And worst of all, the whole basis of truth-based debate over issues is f**ked.

Why, in future, should any MP tell the truth in a discussion? When their opponents get clear advantages through bare-faced lying that goes unpunished?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on February 01, 2022, 10:19:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ed Balls talking to Ian Blackford on GMB this morning:

“The House of Commons has rules. You were saying the Prime Minister should not break the rule of misleading the House of Commons.

“At the same time, you were undermining the rules of the House of Commons because you know full well the Speaker has to enforce the rules that you can’t call people a liar.

“It seems a bit disingenuous to me for you to claim you didn’t know what you were doing, you did that to get thrown out.”

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on February 01, 2022, 10:25:37 am by belton rover »

Maybe he just felt there was no point in having rational debate with you because you believe that anyone who doesn’t think like you is a fool.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on February 01, 2022, 10:26:53 am by tommy toes »
Interesting to see Blackford (who I think is great, despite hating his party's sole aim) refuting Johnson's claim that they were friends behind the scenes.

The worst thing for me is despite the obvious hopelessness of his stance, is the continued support by most of those on the benches behind him.
Surely they must realise that by continuing to back him up they're no better than him, and if and when it goes tits up they'll have to answer to their constituents.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012