Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:00:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 76731 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #360 on February 04, 2022, 10:47:42 am by SydneyRover »
dilyn just quit

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #361 on February 04, 2022, 11:05:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Johnson is in the final stages of crisis mode now.

It appears that the three "resignations" that came after Mirza went were basically sacrifices of people from his team to show that Johnson is making good on his promise to clear out the people "responsible" for Partygate. But Mirza's resignation rushed him into doing this sooner than planned, and as far as I can see, the No 10 operation as a day to day management of Govt is now in absolute chaos with the senior management decapitated.

He's reacting to the incoming blows rather than pro-actively controlling the agenda. I cannot think of a single example of a PM that has lost control to this extent and pulled things round.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #362 on February 04, 2022, 11:27:55 am by normal rules »
Those that know anything about how government works understand that while Bojo is a blithering buffoon, he is merely a figurehead. A mouthpiece. Those behind him, those at no 10, who advise and counsel him and the cabinet, the highest level civil servants are the ones that truly run this country.
For no 10 to be heamoraging these key people now shows some very deep seated issues in there. And I don’t think for a minute these are scapegoats that have been pushed. These are key individuals who have left of their own accord. Not before they were pushed. Not before they have been publicly strung out as bad apples.
No, they have left because of Boris. They have had enough of him.
Mirza has been cited to be bojos “brain” . So he has now officially lost his mind.
It’s time he lost his post as PM.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #363 on February 04, 2022, 11:34:58 am by SydneyRover »
The only further thing that could happen today would be more resignations, big dog won't be seen out of the bunker.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on February 04, 2022, 11:47:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Did anyone notice that serial failure Lynton Crosby has been re-appointed by Boris?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on February 04, 2022, 11:56:15 am by normal rules »
Did anyone notice that serial failure Lynton Crosby has been re-appointed by Boris?

Good grief. Conservative politics about to get even more messy.
He is well known for his controversial tactics. I wonder what controversial or divisive social issue he will get Bojo to latch onto?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #366 on February 04, 2022, 12:26:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It could potentially get very unpleasant.

You have to remember that Johnson isn't a conventional Tory, for whom the good of the Party is uppermost.

He's in it for himself and himself only.

And he's not the sort of conventional politician who has a threshold where there's a limit where extreme behaviour becomes too much to contemplate because they have personal pride.

He's had affairs that everyone knows about. He was happy to be ridiculed on HIGNFY because it served his purpose
 He didn't worry about looking a prick when he was stuck on the zip wire in London because it served his purpose. He doesn't care that everyone knows when he lies, because the lies serve his purpose and he has no sense of shame.

Put those two aspects of his personality together and see what they make. He'll crash and burn everything if he thinks it gives him a chance of surviving as PM.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #367 on February 04, 2022, 07:34:27 pm by SydneyRover »
The gov't has been force to give up the messaging between Paterson and Hancock, not a good read, can they be prosecuted?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on February 04, 2022, 08:44:26 pm by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson still has control of Downing Street after a string of close aides quit their jobs, his official spokesman has insisted.

Mr Johnson quoted The Lion King as he attempted to rally remaining staff, telling them "change is good"''

???????????

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on February 04, 2022, 09:08:49 pm by tyke1962 »
I'm no great fan of Starmer by any means but I have to say he was on the end of possibly the lowest attack from a PM of this country I've ever heard .

Absolutely despicable .

People who were around him are starting to distance themselves from him which to be honest takes some doing with the Conservative Party .

Reminds me of 1945 and the allies from the West and East closing in on Berlin .

Almost everyone of Hitler's close team did one and left him in the bunker to shoot himself in the head .

It's actually pathetic to see him trying to soldier on .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on February 04, 2022, 09:10:17 pm by River Don »
''Boris Johnson still has control of Downing Street after a string of close aides quit their jobs, his official spokesman has insisted.

Mr Johnson quoted The Lion King as he attempted to rally remaining staff, telling them "change is good"''

???????????

Was that the lion king or the lying king?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on February 04, 2022, 09:18:31 pm by wilts rover »
If you are going to hold a birthday party when other people are not allowed to go to a relatives funeral - probably best not to take your official photographer along...

EXCL: Police have a photo of Boris Johnson holding a can of a beer at his lockdown birthday party in June 2020 - taken by his taxpayer funded official photographe

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1489696594576486405

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on February 04, 2022, 09:59:10 pm by Filo »
If you are going to hold a birthday party when other people are not allowed to go to a relatives funeral - probably best not to take your official photographer along...

EXCL: Police have a photo of Boris Johnson holding a can of a beer at his lockdown birthday party in June 2020 - taken by his taxpayer funded official photographe

He didn’t realise he was a photographer

No one told him

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on February 04, 2022, 10:13:41 pm by rich1471 »

No one told him
He was holding it for a friend ,not his of course

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #375 on February 04, 2022, 10:20:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Meanwhile.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1489566060328198148

Can't wait for bb's critique he loves a good belly laugh does our man of mirth.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #376 on February 04, 2022, 11:29:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No one told him
He was holding it for a friend ,not his of course

He thought it was a work beer, not a party beer.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on February 04, 2022, 11:34:42 pm by rich1471 »
Richi was next to him holding a soft drink ,FFS did not know we could all  have had a party if it was soft drinks only ,who in their right mind invites a photographer to party in lockdown

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #378 on February 04, 2022, 11:39:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
As the photographer is paid for by the public, I think the public have a right to demand to see all the photographs they've taken.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on February 05, 2022, 12:07:37 am by albie »

Coincidences abound!

The Saville incident is a classic move from the Lynton Crosby playbook, create a meme, run with it and add further detritus.

More to come if Crosby remains.
This is the real reason for the departure of Mirza IMHO.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #380 on February 05, 2022, 12:39:19 am by Colin C No.3 »
I will.

“Mr Speaker, while Captain Hindsight blathers on about things, things, things the British people no longer listen to…I..we..this government has been responsible for a 14% rise, a 14% rise..& yes, my learned friend may well shake his head, may well shake his head Mr Speaker, but he & his party….he can laugh, he can laugh. His party….let me shuffle my papers Mr Speaker..I have it here..here it is Mr Speaker, this note was left by his outgoing Labour government Mr Speaker, when they..when they were thrown out of office & it reads Mr Speaker….”The coke has all gone”……no..no…sorry, erm forgive me, forgive me..it’s here somewhere….are yes…here it is Mr Speaker, “We’ve spent all the money!” All the money Mr Speaker..& so I ask you, he may shake his head Mr Speaker, I ask you….if all the money was spent, how then could I…or indeed we…us….My Right Honourable Friend’s have afforded a party!?”.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on February 05, 2022, 01:56:03 am by SydneyRover »
Does the tory party have a ceremonial dagger or can you byo?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #382 on February 05, 2022, 04:45:13 am by Donnywolf »
I will.

“Mr Speaker, while Captain Hindsight blathers on about things, things, things the British people no longer listen to…I..we..this government has been responsible for a 14% rise, a 14% rise..& yes, my learned friend may well shake his head, may well shake his head Mr Speaker, but he & his party….he can laugh, he can laugh. His party….let me shuffle my papers Mr Speaker..I have it here..here it is Mr Speaker, this note was left by his outgoing Labour government Mr Speaker, when they..when they were thrown out of office & it reads Mr Speaker….”The coke has all gone”……no..no…sorry, erm forgive me, forgive me..it’s here somewhere….are yes…here it is Mr Speaker, “We’ve spent all the money!” All the money Mr Speaker..& so I ask you, he may shake his head Mr Speaker, I ask you….if all the money was spent, how then could I…or indeed we…us….My Right Honourable Friend’s have afforded a party!?”.

Brilliant Ccn3 just perfect

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on February 05, 2022, 08:36:40 am by wilts rover »
Richi was next to him holding a soft drink ,FFS did not know we could all  have had a party if it was soft drinks only ,who in their right mind invites a photographer to party in lockdown

Nah, can't have been. He gave an interview to the BBC the other day where he said he had no knowledge of any parties and definitely hadn't attended any. Just like he has'n't given £4 billion of taxpayers money to foreign criminals.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #384 on February 05, 2022, 08:41:03 am by Filo »
“Mr Speaker, no one told me there was beer in that beer can”

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on February 05, 2022, 09:54:43 am by tyke1962 »
Someone should point out to Bunter and Mogg that it was Heath who gave Saville an OBE and it was under Thatcher that he received his knighthood .

Thatcher actually pushed for it despite advisors at the time telling her there were strong rumours surrounding his character .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on February 05, 2022, 11:25:57 am by Colin C No.3 »
Someone should point out to Bunter and Mogg that it was Heath who gave Saville an OBE and it was under Thatcher that he received his knighthood .

Thatcher actually pushed for it despite advisors at the time telling her there were strong rumours surrounding his character .
“Jimmy did a great deal of good as well as wrong. In anybody’s life, you must look at both sides of the ledger”.

Norman Tebbit.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on February 05, 2022, 11:30:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Looks like Bozo will be staying put. After everything he's done and overseen he is still backed by members of his own parliament and a lot of the general public. He should have been long gone by now but he isn't. Just sums up the lack of integrity that many people and politicians have and if they have it, they are also prepared to accept it from others and put up with it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #388 on February 05, 2022, 11:40:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Looks like Bozo will be staying put. After everything he's done and overseen he is still backed by members of his own parliament and a lot of the general public. He should have been long gone by now but he isn't. Just sums up the lack of integrity that many people and politicians have and if they have it, they are also prepared to accept it from others and put up with it.

Given the drip-drip-drip revelation tactics so far it's hard to know how much more is yet to come out. And the more it does, the more his backbenchers' patience with him will deteriorate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on February 05, 2022, 11:51:13 am by Bentley Bullet »

I think you might be confusing lack of integrity with loyalty.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012