Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:36:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD v Plymuff  (Read 4685 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: TLOD v Plymuff
« Reply #60 on January 29, 2022, 04:40:37 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 29, 2022, 04:40:58 pm by Ldr »
Jones has to save that for me.
Don’t you find that we’re conceding a high percentage of the actual shots on target, or is it just me.

He doesnt have a long career ahead of him

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 29, 2022, 04:41:37 pm by rich1471 »
That was coming the midfield has been over run in the second half

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 29, 2022, 04:43:48 pm by ScillyRover »
We’ve given them far too much room on the flanks. Need to get more tackles in around midfield to stop the ball getting out there. Cue Clayton?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 29, 2022, 04:44:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
Yes, lost midfield second half. I’m not discouraged though. Argyle are a good team, and our performance has again been much improved.

Jones really should have saved their second. Third was a good finish. Think GMC made the correct subs.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 29, 2022, 04:46:56 pm by Copps is Magic »
Ignore the score line.

This is miles apart from the Rovers at the beginning of the season. We literally couldn't even create a chance on goal then. We've had a dozen chances to score here. Its impossible to expect the 5/6 new signings have that clinicalness and organisation Plymouth have here.

But it will come through time.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 29, 2022, 04:48:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
Are we allowed to make 4 subs?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 29, 2022, 04:49:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ignore the score line.

This is miles apart from the Rovers at the beginning of the season. We literally couldn't even create a chance on goal then. We've had a dozen chances to score here. Its impossible to expect the 5/6 new signings have that clinicalness and organisation Plymouth have here.

But it will come through time.

Spot on. Loving GMc’s approach and philosophy. Performances are light years from what they were earlier in the season.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 29, 2022, 04:51:00 pm by rich1471 »
Are we allowed to make 4 subs?
just thinking that myself ,only if one came off with concussion you can make another sub I believe

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 29, 2022, 04:52:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Poor finishing and poor goalkeeping cost us today. We did well otherwise.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 29, 2022, 04:54:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
Poor finishing and poor goalkeeping cost us today. We did well otherwise.

Margins.

We've been beaten by a top 7 team on margins.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 29, 2022, 04:56:29 pm by ScillyRover »
Disappointing result considering the effort and marked improvement. Just need to make sure we put  those chances to bed.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 29, 2022, 05:00:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, a lot to take positively from that. Plymouth were clinical when they needed to be. They play the channels really well and have quality all over.

Our entire ethos is evolving and I like what I’m seeing.

I’d love to hear from somebody at the game if Rowe’s goal should have been allowed. I thought the ref missed a lot of pushes and sneaky fouls.

It was a great game to watch, regardless of the result. Losing is less painful knowing we’ve put in a performance and the lads really tried.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 29, 2022, 05:02:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
time for some of you to get real "nobody relevant" won today

fact is we lost one point to all of them .

and allegedly you get 3 points for a win -- we are going to play better than today with a stronger side for the next 18 or so games

bring on rovrum please

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 29, 2022, 05:03:49 pm by PDX_Rover »
A word for Odubeko. To say he only came in two days ago really, got into great positions. Chased and harried well too. Ran out of steam but he has goals in him once he regains that sharpness.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 29, 2022, 05:04:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In summary, we are doing everything fine apart from the two hardest things. Scoring and not conceding.

We are more competitive for sure but that second half was sobering. We were comfortably outplayed. It shows how far we have slipped when a comfortable home defeat against a side who won't make the play-offs is seen as a flicker of hope.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 29, 2022, 05:07:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We can't be giving teams chances like we did for the second and third goal. Jones should have done miles better with the first two.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 29, 2022, 05:09:58 pm by colincramb »
Just didn’t take our chances and allowed them far too much time on the ball. They were decent, but that’s all. Rowe’s goal should have stood from where I was sat

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 29, 2022, 05:11:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dahlberg conceded 7 today.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 29, 2022, 05:11:33 pm by dickos1 »
Billy
It’s a bit weird to suggest a side one place outside the playoffs won’t make it.
Second half we may have been outplayed but the first half we could’ve been 4 up.
Plenty to be encouraged about, let’s not shoe horn in a load of negativity.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 29, 2022, 05:14:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Billy
It’s a bit weird to suggest a side one place outside the playoffs won’t make it.
Second half we may have been outplayed but the first half we could’ve been 4 up.

They are over performing their xG by a fair bit, so they have a decent chance of dropping as the season goes on.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 29, 2022, 05:17:59 pm by JonWallsend »
In summary, we are doing everything fine apart from the two hardest things. Scoring and not conceding.

We are more competitive for sure but that second half was sobering. We were comfortably outplayed. It shows how far we have slipped when a comfortable home defeat against a side who won't make the play-offs is seen as a flicker of hope.
Last half hour we were outplayed. First half and first 20 of second half we were better side. They went 2-1 up and the wheels fell off. I am still encouraged by what I saw.
Rowe was offside. I was in line.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 29, 2022, 05:24:28 pm by Copps is Magic »

That was not a comfortable afternoon for the Plymouth defense. According to the BBC stats it was 17 shots for rovers. According to my recollection it was close to a dozen decent chances for rovers. How is that comfortable? How is that comparable to earlier in the season when we couldn't create a chance?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 29, 2022, 05:25:44 pm by normal rules »
Another weekend where other results have gone in our favour.
Yet our own result hasn’t. Such a shame.
Get this group playing as a cohesive team and we won’t have any issues next season, irrespective of which league we end up in.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 29, 2022, 05:32:20 pm by glosterred »
Same old story, strikers not taking their chances and the defenders not doing their job. But saying that it was a much better performance but sadly the same result.

Onwards and upwards on to Tuesday and Rotherscum

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 29, 2022, 05:34:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That was not a comfortable afternoon for the Plymouth defense. According to the BBC stats it was 17 shots for rovers. According to my recollection it was close to a dozen decent chances for rovers. How is that comfortable? How is that comparable to earlier in the season when we couldn't create a chance?

I know the figures. I've seen the game.

And at the end of all that, we've put one away and they've put three away.

Just like at Cambridge

Because our fundamental problems are that we have no clinical finishers and we cannot defend consistently.

That's why we are going down.

The improved competitiveness is cheering, but it's a sign of how big a hole Wellens left us in that even competing is seen as a new dawn.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 29, 2022, 05:35:11 pm by PDX_Rover »
Remember: GMc said fitness was a priority as the players weren’t fit enough under Wellens. That is another factor that will improve.
Thankfully results elsewhere were pretty good for us.

Billy, I’m not going to criticise after that effort. Remember how far we had fallen, where we just didn’t compete on any level at all and simply rolled over. You yourself compared it to 97/98.

The January additions have been good. I still think we can do this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 29, 2022, 05:36:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Billy

If Plymouth make the playoffs, I'll give 100 quid to the charity of your choice.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 29, 2022, 05:38:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PDX.
I'm not criticising. I'm being brutally honest.

Yes we have improved in our competitiveness, but we are still miles off the standard required in either penalty area, and we still run out of energy after 60 mins.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 29, 2022, 05:48:47 pm by phil old leake »
What was the point of playing Clayton for about 5 minutes. Surely at 3-1 down he could have come on

TinyPortal © 2005-2012