Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:32:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason greenwood  (Read 2628 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Mason greenwood
« on January 30, 2022, 08:02:10 pm by rich1471 »
IMAGES
Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault following allegations on social media.

Greater Manchester Police said it was made aware of "social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence".It is his girlfriend who posted the videos and pictures ,WTF must go through some peoples heads to do this ,he cannot even denine it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Mason greenwood
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2022, 08:05:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
BBC now reporting he has been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2022, 08:06:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep. Another w**ker. Hate any violence against women. Pathetic coward.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2022, 08:24:15 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He can share a cell with Mendy

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2022, 08:31:03 pm by Bezza »
They could have a good side in Strangeways,

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2022, 08:41:08 pm by Scooter »
Man Utd have now suspended him

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2022, 08:43:15 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
He's shit anyway. Well over rated as a footballer. Not relevant to the topic but just wanted to say.  :)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2022, 08:44:28 pm by belton rover »
I know virtually nothing about this case, but surely he deserves a fair hearing before he’s hung?

What on earth brings someone to report such an alleged crime on Facebook?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2022, 08:50:19 pm by Jonathan »
I don’t want to bring this topic back to our club, but I will in the first instance…

There are so many people waiting to criticise everything the club does, and so many that think they know better than those in charge. But, leaving transfer budgets and strategies to one side, something I think comes through really clearly are the values of the club. We lead by example, and we won’t allow those values to be compromised. For that reason I’m very confident we’d never tolerate a character like Mason Greenwood appears to be if he is indeed the subject of that clip, and that pleases me. I could never ever cheer on a player that’s shown themselves to behave like that, no matter how good they are. And I’m proud to support a club that stands up for the right things, as we did when Niall Mason’s actions risked bringing the name of the club into disrepute.

Back to Greenwood, and I get that he’s innocent until proven guilty, I don’t actually care who it is. There’s someone in that recording, and whether it’s Greenwood or someone else (and the chances are it is him) they are a vile and disgusting human being. Aside from the injuries caused to that poor girl, which are of course horrific, the way that scumbag spoke to her is something I find truly upsetting to listen to. And I fear it’s a much wider problem than this one shocking incident. That voice and those words are reflective of a deep seeded problem in society, where some men believe they can play up to an image and speak to (and treat) a woman in such a shamefully derogatory fashion.

It makes my blood boil. And it’s up to the good men amongst us to call that kind of behaviour out when we see or suspect any sign of it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:52:29 pm by Jonathan »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2022, 08:55:35 pm by normal rules »
The Audio of their spat on social media is shocking. She is clearly saying no to having sex, and he says he does not give a f**k as he is going to f**k her anyway.
Pics of bruises. Bloody mouth. 
Shocking.
Rape/att rape. Controlling and coercing behaviour.
If found, he should never play footy again.
Double figures in jail I predict.
High profile sports star. Privileged. Plus violence against women is currently a very hot topic.
His whole career ahead of him. What a whopper.
She said no Mason. She said no.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2022, 08:57:28 pm by belton rover »
I don’t want to bring this topic back to our club, but I will in the first instance…

There are so many people waiting to criticise everything the club does, and so many that think they know better than those in charge. But, leaving transfer budgets and strategies to one side, something I think comes through really clearly are the values of the club. We lead by example, and we won’t allow those values to be compromised. For that reason I’m very confident we’d never tolerate a character like Mason Greenwood appears to be if he is indeed the subject of that clip, and that pleases me. I could never ever cheer on a player that’s shown themselves to behave like that, no matter how good they are. And I’m proud to support a club that stands up for the right things, as we did when Niall Mason’s actions risked bringing the name of the club into disrepute.

Back to Greenwood, and I get that he’s innocent until proven guilty, I don’t actually care who it is. There’s someone in that recording, and whether it’s Greenwood or someone else (and the chances are it is him) they are a vile and disgusting human being. Aside from the injuries caused to that poor girl, which are of course horrific, the way that scumbag spoke to her is something I find truly upsetting to listen to. And I fear it’s a much wider problem than this one shocking incident. That voice and those words are reflective of a deep seeded problem in society, where some men believe they can play up to an image and speak to (and treat) a woman in such a shamefully derogatory fashion.

It makes my blood boil. And it’s up to the good men amongst us to call that kind of behaviour out when we see or suspect any sign of it.
I haven’t seen the clip. Perhaps my opinion will change if I do.
Completely agree with your point about what we are as a club.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2022, 08:59:49 pm by DRCraig »
Bad lad

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2022, 08:59:58 pm by adamtherover »
I know virtually nothing about this case, but surely he deserves a fair hearing before he’s hung?

if you listen to the recordings it appears that his girlfriend made secretly, it makes his defense quite tricky to say the least.
The only thing that bothers me is the timings, I believe they split up 6 months ago, why wait now to air it, plus firstly on Instagram and not at the police station?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 30, 2022, 09:07:58 pm by adamtherover »
interesting that greenwood and foden were caught up to no good, but foden was back in the fold straight away afters, greenwood has only played once for England I believe..  I wonder if Gareth saw something about his character that he just didn't like?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 30, 2022, 09:09:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
He has been arrested on suspicion. He has not as yet been charged. To be charged there needs to be sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction. We will wait to see if he is charged.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 30, 2022, 09:10:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Can't the lasses family knock the living shite out of him?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 30, 2022, 09:12:41 pm by belton rover »

if you listen to the recordings it appears that his girlfriend made secretly, it makes his defense quite tricky to say the least.
The only thing that bothers me is the timings, I believe they split up 6 months ago, why wait now to air it, plus firstly on Instagram and not at the police station?
Thanks for that, Adam.
Nasty business, whatever the outcome.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 30, 2022, 09:13:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I'd imagine mentally it's a pretty tough thing to face and make a decision upon.  I'd like to think there aren't many women subjected to the kind of actions she has been.  Whoever you are that kind of thing must be devastating and we know often these women are scared, under huge pressure and made to feel they aren't the victim.

Assuming that it is greenwood in those recordings nothing else matters. The person in that clip is likely very guilty assuming it's a straightforward recording and not edited etc.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 30, 2022, 09:15:26 pm by tyke1962 »
If anyone wants to believe his career is over and his life ruined even with a stint in Strangeways then unfortunately it won't be .

Football has it's own morality which in many cases doesn't amount to very much .

He comes out of prison in two years time and somebody in the PL will take him .

I can guarantee it .

The truth is if found guilty this piece of work shouldn't be anywhere near a career in football .

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 30, 2022, 09:29:54 pm by Jonathan »
Any pointing the finger at when and how she decided to share this is an unnecessary distraction from the only issue here - what’s in it. I’m not in favour of trial by media but, as I’ve said above, I don’t care who’s in the clip. The fact is that someone is, and whoever that is he’s a vile and disgusting excuse for a human being.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 30, 2022, 09:40:28 pm by tyke1962 »
Any pointing the finger at when and how she decided to share this is an unnecessary distraction from the only issue here - what’s in it. I’m not in favour of trial by media but, as I’ve said above, I don’t care who’s in the clip. The fact is that someone is, and whoever that is he’s a vile and disgusting excuse for a human being.

Apparently she hasn't shared it according to her father .

Her phone was hacked and that's how it come to light .

Not suggesting it's a fact but that is what I've read tonight .

Sometimes in these cases the victims are the last people to bring it to light especially if you are in a relationship with a young millionaire PL footballer .

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 30, 2022, 09:56:07 pm by rich1471 »
He has been told to stay away from training and will have nothing to do with match days as well untill the matter is resolved.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 30, 2022, 09:59:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Women do not feel they will be believed if they bring these things to light, especially when it involves a famous name in the public eye.

The conviction rate for this type of crime is astoundingly low, and to reveal the truth means putting yourself in the public eye and open to judgement from the whole nation - like us lot commenting on it on a random football club's forum.

If it is Greenwood in that audio recording, he deserves to be thrown out of the sport and preferably in prison. Anyone who would treat another person that way has no excuse, it's despicable.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 30, 2022, 10:13:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Why should it bother you? It's still someone, footballer or not, telling someone else that he doesn't care if she wants sex or not, they're having it.

It surely can't have been the first time too if she felt the need to record it.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 30, 2022, 10:26:41 pm by grayx »
He's shit anyway. Well over rated as a footballer. Not relevant to the topic but just wanted to say.  :)
Agreed.. stinks of arrogance too

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 30, 2022, 10:59:12 pm by MachoMadness »
Part of the problem, imo, is this microanalysing of the women's motivations in making the allegation.

Why did she wait til now? Why did she do it this way? Why didn't she go straight to the police? And so on. All the emphasis is on the victim, and not the perpetrator. And in cases like this with a public figure, you get that times 10000. There is a certain breed of bloke out there who's first instinct on hearing a story like this is to accuse the woman of lying - not that I'm accusing anyone on this thread of that btw. But it shows you how hard it must be for a young woman to come forward with any of it. I'd certainly think twice in her shoes. None of this takes into account how safe women should feel dealing with the police anyway, which is a whole other can of worms given the many, many bad apples we have in the cops in this country. And as RA said, the chances of conviction are amazingly low, so is it worth going through all of that when your chances of getting justice are so low?

Truthfully most of us on this forum are blokes and we'll probably never experience anything like this as the victim. It's easy to sit there and say you'd do this or that, or your wife would do this or that, but you don't know, and hopefully you never find out. We've still got a long way to go before this problem gets solved, but I think we can all play a small part in it by listening when women share stuff like this. That and the whole innocent until proven guilty thing don't have to be mutually exclusive.

mrgazum

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 30, 2022, 11:21:10 pm by mrgazum »
If I spoke to our lass like that I'd be the one with a bust lip !

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 30, 2022, 11:22:03 pm by Jonathan »
Part of the problem, imo, is this microanalysing of the women's motivations in making the allegation.

Why did she wait til now? Why did she do it this way? Why didn't she go straight to the police? And so on. All the emphasis is on the victim, and not the perpetrator. And in cases like this with a public figure, you get that times 10000. There is a certain breed of bloke out there who's first instinct on hearing a story like this is to accuse the woman of lying - not that I'm accusing anyone on this thread of that btw. But it shows you how hard it must be for a young woman to come forward with any of it. I'd certainly think twice in her shoes. None of this takes into account how safe women should feel dealing with the police anyway, which is a whole other can of worms given the many, many bad apples we have in the cops in this country. And as RA said, the chances of conviction are amazingly low, so is it worth going through all of that when your chances of getting justice are so low?

Truthfully most of us on this forum are blokes and we'll probably never experience anything like this as the victim. It's easy to sit there and say you'd do this or that, or your wife would do this or that, but you don't know, and hopefully you never find out. We've still got a long way to go before this problem gets solved, but I think we can all play a small part in it by listening when women share stuff like this. That and the whole innocent until proven guilty thing don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Top post.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 30, 2022, 11:38:27 pm by tyke1962 »

Generally its about power and control in the relationship .

The abuse and everything else is a symptom of that .

That's basically what it is exercising power and control .

Whether that's because of who he is or he's always been that person who knows .

Maybe at one time he was a rounded Bradford lad and when he found fame and fortune that came with responsibility he couldn't handle again who knows .

Maybe when enough people tell you are special and pay you accordingly it does things to your head , obviously I wouldn't know .

Then again I've always thought you know right from wrong irrespective of your background .

If you don't see it at home you see it in school .

It's a limp view in my opinion who tries to give it the well he didn't know any different .

Pay young adults millions of pounds for simply kicking a football it maybe a good idea to give them an education whilst your at it .

The game needs to take a good look at itself , Greenword isn't the first and he won't be the last either .

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 30, 2022, 11:49:52 pm by rich1471 »

Generally its about power and control in the relationship .

The abuse and everything else is a symptom of that .

That's basically what it is exercising power and control .

Whether that's because of who he is or he's always been that person who knows .

Maybe at one time he was a rounded Bradford lad and when he found fame and fortune that came with responsibility he couldn't handle again who knows .

Maybe when enough people tell you are special and pay you accordingly it does things to your head , obviously I wouldn't know .

Then again I've always thought you know right from wrong irrespective of your background .

If you don't see it at home you see it in school .

It's a limp view in my opinion who tries to give it the well he didn't know any different .

Pay young adults millions of pounds for simply kicking a football it maybe a good idea to give them an education whilst your at it .

The game needs to take a good look at itself , Greenword isn't the first and he won't be the last either .

tyke your first too sentences are so true ,My neighbor's fight to the extent were I have called the police ,He hits here ,Punches her and has even smashed a plate over her head and cut her face with it ,the police come arrest him and take him away sometimes he stays away for 2 months and sometimes he is away a few days but she always takes him back as if she believe she needs him and he must have some sort of control and power over her for it to keep happening as I don't understand why anyone who is in a violent relationship just does not walk away ,the police have asked what help she wants but for some reason never accepts it, I even said to my son the only way she will be free is when he has killed her it gets that bad

TinyPortal © 2005-2012