Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:41:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9728 times)

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #30 on February 02, 2022, 05:01:51 pm by TixTheBox »
We demand improvement. We demand change. We intend to make it happen. These are just the little things and just the beginning, the board still have the summer left as the very very last resort to sort it.

Oh! In your opinion what are you going to do? Club you’re pocket money together to buy the club or do you have a hedge fund lurking in a cupboard at home? This isn't a board defending post by the way I’m genuinely curious because for all the bluster I haven’t heard one sensible alternative

You haven’t asked the right people then unfortunately.

Could you expand on the possible alternatives?

A chairman that possesses more passion to wanting to be at a football club and can build a connection with the fanbase.

A footballing CEO who’s ideas are more suited to modern day football who see’s that building the clubs revenue through progression and smart recruitment on the football pitch as the absolute number 1 priority.

Look, neither Blunt or Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Their ideas are outdated. Just look at your progressive clubs now that were/are a similar size to us.

I spotted our fall early on and was “just a troll”. Since then it’s become more obvious to a continuously growing number… And not just “young kids” as people like to throw about, I’ve spoken to people in their 40/50/60’s who now see it. I’ve spoken to people who early on disagreed massively with mine and others views of things who are now on the same side of thinking.

How this club is ran was fine in the early 2000’s. It isn’t now. Drastic change is absolutely necessary.

Can you enlighten us to why they are nasty Kitsons, evidence and stuff, or is that you stamping your feet again?

I think what followed the “are nasty c*nts” clearly showed what I meant was “aren’t”  :rolleyes:

Corrected to make sure.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 02, 2022, 05:05:49 pm by TixTheBox »
We demand improvement. We demand change. We intend to make it happen. These are just the little things and just the beginning, the board still have the summer left as the very very last resort to sort it.

Oh! In your opinion what are you going to do? Club you’re pocket money together to buy the club or do you have a hedge fund lurking in a cupboard at home? This isn't a board defending post by the way I’m genuinely curious because for all the bluster I haven’t heard one sensible alternative

A chairman that possesses more passion to wanting to be at a football club and can build a connection with the fanbase.

A footballing CEO who’s ideas are more suited to modern day football who see’s that building the clubs revenue through progression and smart recruitment on the football pitch as the absolute number 1 priority.

Look, neither Blunt or Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Their ideas are outdated. Just look at your progressive clubs now that were/are a similar size to us.

I spotted our fall early on and was “just a troll”. Since then it’s become more obvious to a continuously growing number… And not just “young kids” as people like to throw about, I’ve spoken to people in their 40/50/60’s who now see it. I’ve spoken to people who early on disagreed massively with mine and others views of things who are now on the same side of thinking.

How this club is ran was fine in the early 2000’s. It isn’t now. Drastic change is absolutely necessary.

Go on then, enlighten us all? I can honestly say that if there is a genuine way forward to solve the problems we have at present that is viable you would have the entire fan base behind you. Alas it’s all rhetoric until this group of yours puts something forward which as present hasn’t happened

I’ve just told you. A change of personnel and strategy amongst the 2 running the day-to-day of the club with people more suitable for modern day football.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 02, 2022, 05:06:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
Is this for a school project?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 02, 2022, 05:11:46 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Go on then, enlighten us all? I can honestly say that if there is a genuine way forward to solve the problems we have at present that is viable you would have the entire fan base behind you. Alas it’s all rhetoric until this group of yours puts something forward which as present hasn’t happened

I’ve just told you. A change of personnel and strategy amongst the 2 running the day-to-day of the club with people more suitable for modern day football.

What you haven’t done is demonstrated how you are going to achieve it given that by removing the 2 people you feel need removing will also remove the person who funds the club

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 02, 2022, 05:21:31 pm by normal rules »
Let’s be straight. Any group of people who want change and think that buying a load of yellow and black scarves to make change happen don’t deserve our attention. Especially on what will be a school night for them.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 02, 2022, 05:23:27 pm by Copps is Magic »
Can't fault the board's investment (TB, let's be honest) in January. Can't fault Baldwin's influence on generating revenues for the club.

I did feel at the beginning of the season all the snippets about 14th highest budget, having to deal with covid tax bill, having a consolidation season and go again next year were a bit disappointing. It probably cost us a little bit, but the biggest factor was Wellen's recruitment.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 02, 2022, 05:27:53 pm by normal rules »
There are a couple of dozen on Twitter who seem to be running a Baldwin out campaign.
I hope he does not take notice of it.
This bunch of kids want to be careful what they wish for.
Utter utter kitsons.
If Baldwin goes, so does the money man next to him.
#nettobrigadeoutofourclub

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 02, 2022, 05:33:11 pm by hamiltonrover »
Can't fault the board's investment (TB, let's be honest) in January. Can't fault Baldwin's influence on generating revenues for the club.

I did feel at the beginning of the season all the snippets about 14th highest budget, having to deal with covid tax bill, having a consolidation season and go again next year were a bit disappointing. It probably cost us a little bit, but the biggest factor was Wellen's recruitment.

Agree with this.
The board have their faults, as do pretty much the boards of all clubs.
I don’t think money/investment  is the problem (which clearly is an issue for the Netto supporters), it’s how it was spent/distributed in the summer, the summer window has been a disaster, partly disrupted by the following injuries to most of them.
Up until last night, I think the vast majority were satisfied we’d had a good January, but after one game they’re all shite.
The irony of the Netto crew is that Netto were such a successful company, they were taken over by Asda for £300m or something like that, so they were clearly do an awful lot right.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 02, 2022, 05:36:00 pm by TixTheBox »
So people think Terry Bramall would put his loyalty to 2 friends (who he can still stay friends with) above DRFC?

Failing staff, whether executive or not sure always be moved on for fresher ideas.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 02, 2022, 05:46:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »
So people think Terry Bramall would put his loyalty to 2 friends (who he can still stay friends with) above DRFC?

Failing staff, whether executive or not sure always be moved on for fresher ideas.

It’s not a thought, remove them you remove Terry, you might want to actually go and talk to the people you have a problem with and find out how the club is actually run

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 02, 2022, 05:46:35 pm by vaya »

Quite possibly, yes. Whether people think this is acceptable or not is a matter of opinion.

There's a fair chance though that is the reality of the situation you're dealing with. If you accept the possible outcome of what you propose (intentional or not) is TB leaving then fair enough.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 02, 2022, 06:12:23 pm by BVB »

TTB:
Silent Majority - who has worked with the club over the years and knows more than most on here what goes on in Club Don - has stated in a previous post on this forum that if Baldwin and Blunt go, then Bramall goes.

If that happens, wave goodbye to DRFC.
Unless you know of a benefactor waiting in the wings to step in.

BVB

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 02, 2022, 06:17:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
Terry Bramall does not leave the club just because his chief exec goes. He's invested too much and contributed too much to building the club Doncaster model.

Let's not be stupid or say stupid things, and stop holding fans to account with these cloaked 'threats'. There are far more reasonable arguments to counter undeserved criticism.

This 'us and them' mentality is pretty nauseating among our fan base right now.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 02, 2022, 06:22:39 pm by BVB »
So I don't  understand  your going to buy them out then

Which is the main reason why IMO DRFC should aim to be a self sustainable fan owned club in the model of Exeter City. Then fans have a voice and a say and the club doesn't continue to have unaccountable owners. Despite their investment and funding of the club, they still need to front up to fans and not soft soap them with bullshit.

It is called taking responsibility for your actions. Actions which this season has seen us deliver one of the worst seasons in history and relegated by Feb.

CDH - I agree that being a fans owned club would be fantastic, but I can’t see it happening anytime soon as in my opinion our fanbase is nowhere near ready for it, both ethically and financially.
I don’t agree with the notion that our board are unaccountable, as they have made steps towards improving this, but of course they could do much better - as could any football club with the same ownership model as ours.

Back to Exeter City - I presume there must be a “committee” of some sort that takes decisions on behalf of the members?
Cheers
BVB

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 02, 2022, 06:26:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Terry Bramall does not leave the club just because his chief exec goes. He's invested too much and contributed too much to building the club Doncaster model.

Let's not be stupid or say stupid things, and stop holding fans to account with these cloaked 'threats'. There are far more reasonable arguments to counter undeserved criticism.

Sorry Copps but that’s exactly what will happen

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 02, 2022, 06:27:17 pm by jmt23 »
I understand the passion, I really do, but you just sound like spoilt brats- regardless of your ages.

Your jibes about us being a Neto club, have been sadly pi…d on with the recent recruitment, and the club explained very clearly in differing media outlets the reasons behind the lower budget this season.

They have got some stuff wrong since Grant Mc left the club, but not through malice or want- they have been open and honest about this.

I just find it bonkers to be honest with you, and another poor reflection of the entitlement some have in modern times.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 02, 2022, 06:32:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

You-ve already been given the answer to that question.

Full marks for saying what you don't want but have you any idea of what you do want and how to go about getting it?

Suggesting a more passionate Chairman and a 'footballing CEO' is just not detailed enough. You need to define the role of the CEO and chairman and define what smart recruitment means. Don't you dare quote the Brentford model. If you do, you need to look into the resources and finance that supported the model.

If you want change, then you're going to have to campaign for regime change so you better have more meat on the bones so fans can decide whether to support it, and I mean you will need the majority of Rovers fans.

Should you continue with this journey, then I suggest, once you have the support for what you want, you petition the board and politely request they cease funding and put the club into administration. Only then once you have the pledges of funding from fans to continue trading, just as Wigan fans raised money for this eventuality and worked with the administrator whilst seeking new ownership.

So, as said. You'd better have a plan. If you haven't already, take advice from John Ryan, take advice from other clubs fans, such as Wigan and Portsmouth. Take advice from the FSF.

Good luck!

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 02, 2022, 06:32:29 pm by BVB »

Copps
Just pointing out what has been said by someone who is much closer than most of us, so stupid if you want.
If you know different then please outline?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 02, 2022, 06:44:00 pm by roversdude »

Failing staff are you joking, what is your definition of failing

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 02, 2022, 06:51:25 pm by phil old leake »
I have to say I think some of the views about the board are unbelievable

Ok we look like we’re going down unfortunately

Not a certainty

At least we are not looking like going bust like some other clubs

If TB and the board read this forum and some of the drivel written about them I wouldn’t blame them for not spending

Be grateful you have a club that is run properly and not in millions of debt or liquidation. You would soon be crying if we went the way of bury. Be careful what you wish for

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 02, 2022, 07:25:10 pm by dickos1 »
All the netto shit is just a bunch of kids who have no idea what they’re going on about. They want Baldwin out because he owns shares but doesn’t invest anything into the club. Jesus wept.
If you argue back to them and point out all the players we have, many who are injured who will be all on very decent wages for this level they just reply stop being up baldwins arse.
Honestly they’re proper thick, and have no idea what they’re protesting for nor do they have any idea what will happen if the board did leave.
They’re an embarrassment to the club, and we’d be much better off if they didn’t bother coming to games

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 02, 2022, 07:27:09 pm by silent majority »

Failing staff are you joking, what is your definition of failing

I would say completely the opposite.

Failing? Don't make me laugh!

Gavin's role is to make sure the club model generates the money required to meet the playing budget and keeps the ship afloat. The very fact that DRFC raises more money through off field activities than any LG1 or Lg2 team means that he's not doing an average job but a bloody remarkable one.

That's his job, and he's very good at it!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 02, 2022, 07:27:22 pm by PDX_Rover »
In terms of crises and Doncaster Rovers Football Club, the current situation, while frustrating and bitterly disappointing, given where we were just over 12 months ago, is understandable. But we’ve had it way way way worse.

McCann jumping ship derailed us. We did ok under Moore but he lost his focus after being tapped up by Wednesday in December 2020. He then lumbered us with some very questionable signings.

Butler was unable to do anything and Wellens recruited pretty poorly and turned out to be a disaster. Utter tool. Which is a shame as he was great for us as a player for the most part.

So yeah, it’s been a shit 12 months where a bad situation has been made progressively worse.

It happens.

And I get that younger supporters have only really seen us on a general upswing. It’s been a brilliant ride since 2002/3. But we also had “The Experiment” during that time, remember. That was pretty depressing when it all played out. And going further back we obviously had the Richardson years where we were close to going under altogether.

The board had made some mistakes, no doubt. They put faith in people who weren’t worthy and landed us where we are. Wellens was clearly the wrong choice, but most of us were excited by his appointment weren’t we?

Conversely they recruited well and those managers were poached by bigger clubs. Nowt they can realistically do there, can they?

I’ll say it again: In Gary McSheffrey I think we have an excellent manager in the making. I think the club have recruited well in January overall. I’m on the fence about Clayton but time will tell.

If we’d had McSheffrey in charge last summer I believe this season would have been altogether different. But nobody really knows.

All this talk of ousting the board… it’s pathetic really. People should be careful what they wish for, frankly.

I think everyone needs to calm the f**k down, support the club and what McSheffrey is trying to do and we go again in August.

At this point, I don’t give a f**k if that’s in L1 or L2. Rotherham aside, and McSheffrey was big enough to hold his hands up there and admit he got it wrong, I am seeing improvements in attitude, application, effort.

Wellens left an unfit, alienated, defeated and dejected group of players that have needed picking up, talking to, training and educating. No easy task half way through a season. McSheffrey is a brave soul for taking it on.

I have faith in him, and in the board, to recruit well over the summer.

RTID.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 07:30:56 pm by PDX_Rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 02, 2022, 07:34:05 pm by roversdude »
All the netto shit is just a bunch of kids who have no idea what they’re going on about. They want Baldwin out because he owns shares but doesn’t invest anything into the club. Jesus wept.
If you argue back to them and point out all the players we have, many who are injured who will be all on very decent wages for this level they just reply stop being up baldwins arse.
Honestly they’re proper thick, and have no idea what they’re protesting for nor do they have any idea what will happen if the board did leave.
They’re an embarrassment to the club, and we’d be much better off if they didn’t bother coming to games

Dickos you missed out attention seeking

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 02, 2022, 07:35:11 pm by silent majority »

It's not a cloaked threat, far from it.

Remember Terry has had DB at his side for more years than I'm sure he wants to remember and they built a very successful business between them. He's not going to give him the elbow just so he can keep a few kids or disgruntled supporters happy. He trusts him implicitly.

And the same goes for GB too. TB values his contribution for turning the club into a very successful, off the filed, operation which is what he tasked him to do.

They are a team, simple as. TB is never going to start recruiting new Chairmen and CEO's at his time in life.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 02, 2022, 07:41:54 pm by Mr1Croft »
I have to admit that having not attended a game for well over 2 years now, I have been nothing more than a quiet observer, but it does scream out to me that there is something seriously and worryingly going wrong with the club. We appear to be in freefall and it has all the same symptoms of previous clubs where the problems go much much deeper than the playing staff and manager.

Can anyone point to a single element of the club, that when you compare it to 10 years ago, is in a much better position now than it was then? What has actually happened that would constitute a success?

We've gone from being a club that spent 6 seasons either in the Championship or fighting for promotion from League One, to a club that has spent 3 of the last 6 seasons either in League Two, or a relegation fight.

We somehow ended up in the laughable situation of sacking a manager 6 games into the season because the club were "ambitious for a top-six finish and that is, and will remain, our aim,". Yet we then ended up from said ambition of a play off finish to being relegated and not a single player of that squad was out of contract.

Fast forward a couple of years and we ended up reaching the play-offs with what has to be considered a heoric effort from the squad and had over half the first team out of contract.

In our last 3 relegations, we did not releive any of the managers of their duties - speaking of managers, the 8 we have had, 4 jumped ship at the first opportunity, and with the exception of Wellens, those that were sacked were either 6 games into the season or just after our only league title in 30 years.

Off the pitch we attract less fans and less season ticket holders than we did a decade ago, our fan base appears to be dwindling or shrinking, if you look at the latest balance sheet and accounts we generate less revenue and are no less reliant on the owners plugging the shortfall every year now than we were 10 years ago. Our debt situation does however look much better, but only because the debt has either been written off or converted to equity which dilutes the shareholding of other smaller shareholders like the supporters trust. I believe the total amount of money lost now stands at over £30 Million. Which let's face it, is a staggering amount but pocket change in modern football.

It appears that by almost every measurable metric, we are a club going backwards. It's inevitable that eventually the frustration of fans is aimed beyond the pitch and towards those running the club. I'm not going to try and blame the above on any one individual at the club or those owning it. I've been lucky over the years that due to varying roles across fan organisations, and volunteering my time to be SLO I was fortunate enough to spend time in the company of those running the club and I do genuinely believe they act in the club's best interest and I do believe that we owe them a huge debt of keeping our club going at the expense of their own wallets.

But I think it's right there is an air of concern at the moment and it's only right that questions are asked. Whilst the debacle in the Richardson era makes us all that much grateful to have owners like we do, it is also a lesson of what can go tragically wrong if those at the top are left unchecked and allowed to do as they please because no one has an answer to the question: "What's the alternative?"

As I say I haven't been as active over the past few years down to my own personal circumstances, and maybe this isn't the same mindset as the majority of Rovers fans, but is just my humble observation.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 02, 2022, 07:43:14 pm by silent majority »

Which is the main reason why IMO DRFC should aim to be a self sustainable fan owned club in the model of Exeter City. Then fans have a voice and a say and the club doesn't continue to have unaccountable owners. Despite their investment and funding of the club, they still need to front up to fans and not soft soap them with bullshit.

It is called taking responsibility for your actions. Actions which this season has seen us deliver one of the worst seasons in history and relegated by Feb.

I know the people at Exeter City very well, I've worked with them for many years.

As a model its OK, but supporters would have to get used to mediocre football and put ownership to the top of the agenda. Somehow I just don't see it happening. At least a few of that Netto brigade were absolutely thrilled when they thought a dodgy hedge fund company was going to buy the club.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 02, 2022, 07:45:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Don't be such a bloody hypocrite. You want a fan-owned club, so you want TB gone too to make way for them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 07:51:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 02, 2022, 07:47:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I know the people at Exeter City very well, I've worked with them for many years.

As a model its OK, but supporters would have to get used to mediocre football and put ownership to the top of the agenda. Somehow I just don't see it happening. At least a few of that Netto brigade were absolutely thrilled when they thought a dodgy hedge fund company was going to buy the club.

I also know a few of the people involved at Exeter City during my time down there. I'd wouldn't say that they have been seeing mediocre football these last few years. Admittedly they are struggling to get out of L2 but they are constantly running a tight ship as well as developing their own lads and selling them on. Having a turnover of players which is difficult for any manager yet Matt Taylor is still keeping them ultra competitive each season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 02, 2022, 07:49:04 pm by GazLaz »

There are loads the club could do better, I know that but regarding the smart recruitment bit. We sold a player we bought and developed for upwards of £2m last season and this season we’ve brought in two ex England youth international development players along with another two good prospects in defence. That’s not terrible. We sold another player that we developed for £1.5m 3 years ago as well. In that regard we have been better than most in recent years.

The main issue is that we have let the managers lead on football matters, there’s always going to be too big of a fluctuation in success if you do that as well as trying to operate sustainably. You can’t buy yourself out of bad decisions. A Director of Football isn’t the answer but a similar role in that ilk has been hinted at by the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012