Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:48:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9734 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #90 on February 02, 2022, 09:28:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And how would we have made Marquis stay short of relocating the stadium

Who said anything about making him stay? That’s not the points being made :lol:

Selling players is important, it’s one of the things we need to do better. It’s just a disaster waiting to happen when you don’t replace these players adequately enough or with a short term rental.

We might make decent use of the stadiums revenue potential (the stadium isn’t disappearing) but we are f*cking shit as a football club.

There's always scope for things to be done better however your reference to Whitemans and Maquis 'sale' is naive.

Can you tell everyone about the clauses in the contracts they negotiated when extended their stays with us (rather than running down their contracts and leaving for free) ?

Have you taken the time to listen to Whitemans interview after he left, when he explained his reasons?

How is it there are hundreds of footballers and their agents across the world in all leagues that choose to run down their contracts?

Why are Peterborough fans bemoaning the amount of full time pros they have on their books picking up wages for nothing?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 02, 2022, 09:32:21 pm by TixTheBox »

Selling players is important, it’s one of the things we need to do better. It’s just a disaster waiting to happen when you don’t replace these players adequately enough or with a short term rental.

We might make decent use of the stadiums revenue potential (the stadium isn’t disappearing) but we are f*cking shit as a football club.

There's always scope for things to be done better however your reference to Whitemans and Maquis 'sale' is naive.

Can you tell everyone about the clauses in the contracts they negotiated when extended their stays with us (rather than running down their contracts and leaving for free) ?

Have you taken the time to listen to Whitemans interview after he left, when he explained his reasons?

How is it there are hundreds of footballers and their agents across the world in all leagues that choose to run down their contracts?

Why are Peterborough fans bemoaning the amount of full time pros they have on their books picking up wages for nothing?

I think you’re misreading my post Baz, I am not criticising the board for selling them.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on February 02, 2022, 09:32:48 pm by roversdude »

But that was the point, he’d made it plain he wanted to move down south - unfortunately he held all the aces, so the club accepted a decent offer rather than lose for nothing

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 02, 2022, 09:34:05 pm by Filo »
I’ve not seen any of this Netto crèche. There were Netto stickers put on the mirrors in the toilets at mk dons though. Radical stuff. Kitsons.
I’d get the stewards to drag out any prick that turns up at the keepmoat with a yellow and black scarf alleging to be part of some protest group.
You either support the club, or you don’t. If you don’t, you are:
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

We do support the club, that’s why we demand better.

“Netto crèche” I can vouch for plenty of us that have followed us all over the country from even the conference days  :lol:

You must be old. Netto hasn't existed for fifteen years.

30. First home (and away) game aged 8.

You should be thankful you had a club to support aged 8 years old, and here you are at 30 years old making demands like a petulant 8 year old

God sake Filo.

You must be one more pie away from a heart attack, you great blob

Is there any need for that abuse?

You’ve just called one of my fellow members of the netto brigade a petulant 8 year olds so yeah there is.

Also, Ticthebox is a proud shareholder in the Netto flag also I can confirm.

I said he was acting like a petulant 8 year old, not that he was one, but nice of you to come wading in anyway, no off you toddle and go spend your Netto vouchers

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 02, 2022, 09:35:40 pm by TixTheBox »

But that was the point, he’d made it plain he wanted to move down south - unfortunately he held all the aces, so the club accepted a decent offer rather than lose for nothing

I’m fully aware of that though (he was also genuine… I know someone who’s close to Marquis).

It’s still not the point I’m making, though. I’m not criticising us selling him (or anyone for that matter).

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 02, 2022, 09:36:13 pm by WarwickRover »
So what happened to the Whiteman transfer money we received? Or are you saying the club  did not receive transfer fees for Whiteman or Marquis?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on February 02, 2022, 09:39:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I think you’re misreading my post Baz, I am not criticising the board for selling them.

I know.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 02, 2022, 09:44:50 pm by GazLaz »

I’m fully aware of that though (he was also genuine… I know someone who’s close to Marquis).

It’s still not the point I’m making, though. I’m not criticising us selling him (or anyone for that matter).

Out of interest, which clubs in L1 and L2 do you think operate in a way we should aspire to? Except MK.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 02, 2022, 09:45:45 pm by silent majority »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

The issue we have is not and never has been about what size budget we have.

Let’s get that straight right away.

So what's all this 'Netto' bullshit about then, if it's not about money?

Does the forum get an answer?

I made a long enough post earlier in the thread :)

For all the talk of Gavin Baldwin and the non-footballing revenue he brings that’s soon negated by a lowering of football revenue the further we drop. I’m also shocked that it sounds the only man capable of bringing in off field revenue is Gavin Baldwin… Does he take the stadium with him when he’s sacked?! :ohmy:

Is Gavin Baldwin involved in any strategy planning, footballing appointments (managers, creation of new roles etc) and similar decisions?

If he isn’t, we take it all back. If he is, then we are justified. The football side of the business is going backwards and THAT is ultimately what has the biggest impact on our revenue.

Transfer fee’s are ridiculous at Championship and Premier League level… THAT is far and away the biggest potential revenue stream to a football club like ours. If done properly the other numbers pale into absolute insignificance.

MK Dons sold their star player Matt O’Riley and replaced him days later with our former impressive loanee Matt Smith, on a permanent deal.

We sold our star player Ben Whiteman and replaced him with 29yo journeyman John Bostock.

There’s levels and we are well off it.

OK, lets put some facts in place here.

1) The football revenue drops slightly for sure, but nowhere near enough for it to be a major concern, or even a concern. We've already seen the projections for if we have to exist on LG2 revenues next season so that's well taken care of. The amount of revenue generated by him since he came to the club is staggering, its about time he was given the credit for our sound financial performance.

2) No, Gavin isn't involved in any football strategy meetings. Of course he's involved in the interview process for a manager, but he's there to support the Chairman and to facilitate the process, he's an administrator. (I'm convinced you guys are being ignorant about Gavins role on purpose because it suits your agenda) I would suggest that there is no justification for your attack on him for those football decisions, and yet you pay little attention to DB. That's just weird, and smacks of a personal vendetta.

3) The football going backwards does not have the biggest impact on our revenue at all, that's just plain nonsense. For a bunch of people who think you have a handle on this I can assure you that you haven't, not by a long chalk.

4) Yes, transfer fees in the Championship and EPL are ridiculous. But adopting that philosophy is nowhere near as easy as people make out and requires a massive slice of luck and money. Look at Barnsley, they adopted the money-ball method some years ago, and look where they are now. How many players did they sell on last year? None, not a one!

5) And as you alluded to in another post, you stated that we allowed Ben Whitemans contract to run down, no we didn't, in fact the opposite was true. Ben signed an extended contract so as to guarantee a transfer fee for us as long as we allowed him to leave when a decent bid came in.

I understand the frustration with the way on field issues have played out over the last 12 months, but attacking GB and to some degree DB is just plain wrong and misguided. You do nothing to help rectify anything and tearing stuff down in the way you think you're doing is just laughable.

In fact, I would suggest Terry would be more angry with GB if he even thought of spending money the way that you keep suggesting. I think you need to grow up.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on February 02, 2022, 09:46:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
ttb you are saying a lot without saying anything at all. All that is being asked is what you’re groups plans are to change things, to that you’ve said nothing at all. Has stated previously if you have a viable option you would have everyone’s attention

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on February 02, 2022, 09:48:11 pm by selby »
  You ought to have listened to the discussion on EFL club finances on talksport yesterday and the repercussions of the finances of a lot of the clubs in divisions 1 and 2 with regard to finance and sustainability, quite a few clubs are in deep doo doo  and are kicking the inevitable down the road, it was frightening the numbers they were talking about treading on thin ice.
   Just being in business in a couple of years time could be viewed as an at this time success.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 02, 2022, 09:50:56 pm by Spilsby Red »
These idiots ( yes idiots) that keep going on about DRFC  being Netto FC. Well f**k of and start your new club like FC United of Manchester did. Then we can support our club as it is run. Ran very well. Yes they do things that not everyone agrees. But they do a great job.
We survive well. Not in debt, thanks to TB and all associated with DRFC

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 02, 2022, 09:53:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
I haven’t got the solution but then again I don’t know the problem, other than we are clearly a well run club that is financially stable and with a decent budget, and generally good facilities and infrastructure - yet we’ve been relegated to the bottom tier twice in six seasons.

I don’t know how this happens given the hard yards that Dick, Terry and Gavin put in over those years. If we were a penniless wreck with no support like Scunny then fine but we are a robust and solid club with serious people in charge. How on earth we’ve been reduced to this latest shitshow is a mystery to me.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on February 02, 2022, 10:04:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Have any of you ever heard the saying,

“If you walk in a room that smells of shit, stay in the room for ten minutes, all of a sudden it doesn’t smell like shit”

That’s DRFC at the moment- all of you are immune to what’s going off, just because you can’t smell the shit, it doesn’t mean it isn’t shit!!

Just because you can smell shit doesn't mean you can treat others like shit.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on February 02, 2022, 10:24:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I haven’t got the solution but then again I don’t know the problem, other than we are clearly a well run club that is financially stable and with a decent budget, and generally good facilities and infrastructure - yet we’ve been relegated to the bottom tier twice in six seasons.

I don’t know how this happens given the hard yards that Dick, Terry and Gavin put in over those years. If we were a penniless wreck with no support like Scunny then fine but we are a robust and solid club with serious people in charge. How on earth we’ve been reduced to this latest shitshow is a mystery to me.

After all my years of supporting DRFC  being a football fan, observing the fortune and misfortune of other clubs by comparison to our own, digesting it all, trying to understand it, I have come to the conclusion.

FOOTBALL KICKS YOU IN THE NUTS!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 02, 2022, 10:30:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

“If you walk in a room that smells of shit, stay in the room for ten minutes, all of a sudden it doesn’t smell like shit”

That’s DRFC at the moment- all of you are immune to what’s going off, just because you can’t smell the shit, it doesn’t mean it isn’t shit!!

Put a sock in it yeah.

If some of you lot get your tongue any further up filos arse then you’ll come out his mouth.

I smell shit.

It's good for the rest of Rovers fans to see the real puerile attitude of the Netto brigade for themselves. How to cover yourselves in a lack of glory in one easy lesson. So persuasive.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on February 02, 2022, 10:56:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Hmnn What happened to Netto in the UK  They got bought out and  disappeared  under another name  only to rise like a phoenix with a big name business partner only to disappear very quickly .............. Think about it carefully  :)     

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on February 03, 2022, 12:52:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
You can't blame youngsters for being wrong, it's their prerogative. We were young once and wrong, and that was our prerogative.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 03, 2022, 03:59:06 am by knockers »
You can't blame youngsters for being wrong, it's their prerogative. We were young once and wrong, and that was our prerogative.

So BB really stands for Bobby Brown!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on February 03, 2022, 04:35:38 am by PDX_Rover »
I wouldn’t class 30 as being a youngster BB, unless we’re talking in months.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on February 03, 2022, 07:05:40 am by phil old leake »
Haven’t read every entry so forgive me if I’ve missed something

What’s the significance of the scarves colour

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 03, 2022, 07:16:48 am by DearneValleyRover »

Apparently it signifies doing things on the cheap

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on February 03, 2022, 08:01:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Apparently it signifies doing things on the cheap

Some people must have had their eyes closed all the way through January.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on February 03, 2022, 08:03:58 am by Draytonian III »
When are these yellow and black scarfs arriving ?
Are you buying them in job lots 2, 3, 4, or a massive half a dozen ?
Also don’t be surprised or embarrassed if people laugh at you

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on February 03, 2022, 08:35:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
They're going to look like Hull fans! :silly:

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 03, 2022, 08:47:13 am by phil old leake »
Seems a bit pointless and futile to me

The board have invested this transfer window

Rather than buy scarves if you’re not happy support someone else and be not happy watching them

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 03, 2022, 09:02:35 am by The Beast »
Wouldn’t it be better to buy Rovers scarfs and put a few quid into the club?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on February 03, 2022, 09:07:03 am by DearneValleyRover »
Wouldn’t it be better to buy Rovers scarfs and put a few quid into the club?

You can’t do that it spoils the narrative

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 03, 2022, 09:24:41 am by TixTheBox »

Put a sock in it yeah.

If some of you lot get your tongue any further up filos arse then you’ll come out his mouth.

I smell shit.

It's good for the rest of Rovers fans to see the real puerile attitude of the Netto brigade for themselves. How to cover yourselves in a lack of glory in one easy lesson. So persuasive.

That is awkward as we’ve spoke and none of us know who he is :)

Unless you think we’d have me posting maturely just to have another one of us completely undo that by posting stuff like that? Come off it ffs :lol:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on February 03, 2022, 09:26:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Put a sock in it yeah.

I smell shit.

That is awkward as we’ve spoke and none of us know who he is :)

Unless you think we’d have me posting maturely just to have another one of us completely undo that by posting stuff like that? Come off it ffs :lol:

Once more, in English?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012