Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:29:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New kit launch event  (Read 13182 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: New kit launch event
« Reply #150 on June 25, 2022, 02:07:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Well the men of Doncaster are known for their sartorial style!.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 25, 2022, 02:12:48 pm by Peebles Rover »
Anyone got a picture of the full kit with shirts and socks?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on June 25, 2022, 05:54:27 pm by ravenrover »
Ditch what needs resolving and forgiving at the club?
Come on Ditch don't be shy

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 25, 2022, 06:04:21 pm by scawsby steve »
They've gone back to the hoops which is the main thing ... all the rest is grown men squabbling over fashion - it's not very dignified is it.

Too right, mate. They could play in raggy arse shorts for all I care.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 25, 2022, 07:35:51 pm by coventryrover »
Went to the shop today.   The kit is lovely.   Both me and my 12yo got it...he's just worn it around d coventry Asda proud as anything.    The keeper kit should be our away

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 25, 2022, 10:17:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well, after showing it to the other half, she came home with 4 new shirts for us today.  I like it, despite not being a fan of collars it's fine.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 27, 2022, 05:41:24 pm by andysly »
On the club website it shows the shop as only opening at weekends.
Is this correct or hasn’t it been updated ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on June 27, 2022, 08:31:34 pm by Campsall rover »

Seriously concerned about you

"seriously concerned" and "won't be taking life lessons" because someone dares to not be mad on the new kit  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is literally peak VSC  :suicide:
Not this post about shirts in isolation.
Is their anything about Doncaster Rovers you are happy about. Anything at all?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 08:43:27 pm by Campsall rover »

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on June 27, 2022, 11:21:29 pm by ditch_drfc »
What am I happy about?

The fact the season is only a few weeks away. I can't wait to get back to the stadium and cheer on the team. The possibility of seeing some goals. I like the stadium. I like the location of it. I like the chairs. The legroom is pretty good. I like my bovril at half time. I like it when it's bitterly cold and I've got my rovers scarf wrapped around me on a Tuesday night and I'm priveleged enough to be watching my favourite team in the whole world in person. I like Joe Olowu. I like his passion. I'm happy with the way Clayton stepped up his game towards the end of the season. I like the way he tried to boost morale when we shipped a goal. I'm happy that even though they look a bit shit on the shirt, we're sponsored by a local company. I like club Doncaster. I'm happy with what the club is doing commercially. It's amazing we just had one of the biggest bands in the world playing in our stadium. I like being the underdog. I'm happy being underestimated by near enough everyone we play.

But you know what, I like it even more when the performances on the pitch get me off my seat. I'm even more happy on a Saturday night when the rovers have won.

Don't ever forget that those who are critical of this club care. And they care just as much as you.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 28, 2022, 01:30:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
New start, new season, let’s see how we go.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on June 28, 2022, 07:47:33 am by Campsall rover »
What am I happy about?

The fact the season is only a few weeks away. I can't wait to get back to the stadium and cheer on the team. The possibility of seeing some goals. I like the stadium. I like the location of it. I like the chairs. The legroom is pretty good. I like my bovril at half time. I like it when it's bitterly cold and I've got my rovers scarf wrapped around me on a Tuesday night and I'm priveleged enough to be watching my favourite team in the whole world in person. I like Joe Olowu. I like his passion. I'm happy with the way Clayton stepped up his game towards the end of the season. I like the way he tried to boost morale when we shipped a goal. I'm happy that even though they look a bit shit on the shirt, we're sponsored by a local company. I like club Doncaster. I'm happy with what the club is doing commercially. It's amazing we just had one of the biggest bands in the world playing in our stadium. I like being the underdog. I'm happy being underestimated by near enough everyone we play.

But you know what, I like it even more when the performances on the pitch get me off my seat. I'm even more happy on a Saturday night when the rovers have won.

Don't ever forget that those who are critical of this club care. And they care just as much as you.
Excellent response ditch_drfc.   You were just coming across as someone who was having a go at all and sundry at Rovers.
My apologies if I was over the top with my post then.
There are some people who seem to have an axe to grind and deliberately seem to post as much negativity as is possible and don’t see anything good about the club.
You are obviously not one of those people after reading your response. Apologies again.  :)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 28, 2022, 10:13:07 am by Colin C No.3 »
Why do away teams always revert to their 2nd kit when there is no obvious clash with the home team playing in their 1st choice kit?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 28, 2022, 12:53:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Why do away teams always revert to their 2nd kit when there is no obvious clash with the home team playing in their 1st choice kit?
Sell more shirts.

But I agree it annoys me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on June 28, 2022, 01:05:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Started some time ago with Man U having a multitude of away shirts Inc the infamous two kits in one match.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on June 29, 2022, 07:56:22 am by Chris Black come back »
There is no realistic scenario where next season can be as bad as last season. That should be a cause of celebration for everyone. Last season hovered between comedy and tragedy from the very start and to the final minute of the season. A historic embarrassment pretty much unsurpassed since 1879. Bound to be better next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on June 29, 2022, 09:16:48 am by Campsall rover »
There is no realistic scenario where next season can be as bad as last season. That should be a cause of celebration for everyone. Last season hovered between comedy and tragedy from the very start and to the final minute of the season. A historic embarrassment pretty much unsurpassed since 1879. Bound to be better next season.
1879 CBcb
Crikey I didn’t realise you were that old.  :facepalm:   Sorry.

Have you forgotten 1997/98 season. Let’s get real that has to be about as low as it is possible to get in one season.
Last season was a shambles I agree but not on the same Richter scale as 97/98
We had about 5 managers and not one of them picked the team.
Our wonderful owner someone called Richardson i think it was ( tried to forget his name ) picked the team along with that weasel called Weaver and turned DRFC into a laughing stock.

Maybe CBcb you are only in your early 20’s and never lived through that total embarrassment.
I somehow think you are older though and have probably obliterated that season from your memory bank.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 29, 2022, 11:31:03 am by Reg of the Rovers »
1879 CBcb

Have you forgotten 1997/98 season. Let’s get real that has to be about as low as it is possible to get in one season.
Our wonderful owner someone called Richardson i think it was ( tried to forget his name ) picked the team along with that weasel called Weaver and turned DRFC into a laughing stock.

Maybe CBcb you are only in your early 20’s and never lived through that total embarrassment.
I somehow think you are older though and have probably obliterated that season from your memory bank.
Must be older if they can remember the Chris Black disappearance of '04! One of my favourite forum user names!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 29, 2022, 12:07:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
1879 CBcb

Quite the opposite, I was there throughout.

As I’ve made clear several times since May, last season was arguably worse than 97/98 as in that season, the club was an absolute financial, operational and governance car crash. Last season we had a credible and well-resourced club with excellent facilities, supportive ownership and a healthy budget more than sufficient to keep us up.

That we had those advantages last season and still turned in 9 months of utterly abject performances does in my mind mean we have relatively done much worse than 1997/98.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 29, 2022, 12:20:11 pm by Campsall rover »
1879 CBcb

Quite the opposite, I was there throughout.

As I’ve made clear several times since May, last season was arguably worse than 97/98 as in that season, the club was an absolute financial, operational and governance car crash. Last season we had a credible and well-resourced club with excellent facilities, supportive ownership and a healthy budget more than sufficient to keep us up.

That we had those advantages last season and still turned in 9 months of utterly abject performances does in my mind mean we have relatively done much worse than 1997/98.
Point taken. It’s how you perceive it.
Can’t argue with what you say.  Last season should never have been the shambles it was. We should have been a mid table team and relegation should not even have been a remote concern at any time during those 46 games.
Just shows how pre season fitness and recruitment is so vital during the months of June, July, and August.
Both of those were a disaster.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on June 29, 2022, 01:52:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I agree with Cbcb, last season was far worse than 97/98 due to the Club being in a far better position. It’s a good job we were in league one otherwise we would be playing in the Conference this season

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on June 29, 2022, 01:58:58 pm by roversdude »
I agree with Cbcb, last season was far worse than 97/98 due to the Club being in a far better position. It’s a good job we were in league one otherwise we would be playing in the Conference this season

Pity we weren’t in the Prem then we’d be playing in the Championship

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on July 14, 2022, 12:59:09 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Bought my shirt & instead of having a ‘horrible’ blank white space on the back, I duly filled it with a name & number.

COPPINGER

TinyPortal © 2005-2012