Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:10:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game  (Read 6118 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« on March 27, 2023, 09:51:00 am by selby »
  A recurring fixture as both clubs mirror the sinking feeling of a slow death back into the struggles of  what is now known as league two after both clubs have had better times and climbed up the leagues against the odds , and played some seasons above the level they normally play at.
  After our once again poor display v a Northampton side who were not a lot better on the day we once again are at the point where we start to guess just what if anything is in the managements heads as to what players will represent our club in the next game up, something that could well be a TV game show as the fiddlers try to come up with a team that shows it has been coached, trained, and are a cohesive unit that knows what is expected of them to win a game of football, all things I for one have found difficult to recognise when watching them play, and I am a known happy clapper.  Sitting behind the managers area during the game I often wonder just what gems of genius Schofield and his assistant discuss while posing like they are intelligent football men watching the game unfold in front of them, apart from throwing more lambs to the slaughter I find it difficult to imagine just what they might be thinking.
  Well our technical players on the field once again gifted two goals away and three points mucking about as they are told to do doing things it is patently obvious they are incapable of doing but are told it is our identity, something I find it hard to argue with at the moment, if it was not so serious it would be laughable and is really.
  So the age old question, who will be the fall guys this coming week?  will we play our best defender Faulkner? or will he once again sit and watch the technical players drop B******S again and throw games away? Why is Schofield leaving him getting splinters in his backside when the players on the pitch are so inept? all valid questions.
   Yes I am/was a happy clapper, I will be easily cohersed into what I have always been a die hard supporter, but what is happening before my eyes I am finding it difficult to swallow, all the problems are self inflicted we have people employed on the playing staff and in management that are way below the standard we require to be a credible league standard club, and as far as I can see are that pedantic in their train of thoughts, that we are progressing when it is so obvious we are definitely not the situation is worrying.
   The club needs surgery both on and off the field, and a defined way forward recognised, and not at the board level who's moneys have been thrown away by others. That's my whinge for the day until the next game, Please have your say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2023, 10:04:04 am by Butchers Red »
What chance have we got when this is his reaction to questions about changing the style??

Schofield said: "This is what I fully believe in and the players fully believe in it. I think if anyone internally doubts what we are trying to do, then there is a problem. Everyone is on board with what we are trying to do in trying to create something which is sustainable over a long period of time which can be challenging."

"Criticism is not easy to take and it is challenging and difficult. But I have my beliefs and can't come away from them and I’ll continue to work as hard as possible."

On the damning number of on-target attempts, he continued: "When it is factual, it is a concern."

FFS sack this lunatic NOW

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2023, 10:23:48 am by Campsall rover »
I used the word IDIOT but actually think LUNATIC is probably the word to use now.

The man is so utterly devoid of reality it’s frightening.

Got to go. Copps have the balls to do it. NOW.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2023, 10:28:41 am by i_ateallthepies »
I know... how about 'Let's NOT talk about the Crew Alexander game'

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2023, 10:30:25 am by Petche »
Arrogant beyond belief!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2023, 11:04:48 am by Filo »
They are not worth talking about!

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2023, 11:05:35 am by moses »
Crewe are on a bad three three defeats on the trot. Let's hope we are not as generous hosts as normal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2023, 11:07:46 am by Filo »
Crewe are on a bad three three defeats on the trot. Let's hope we are not as generous hosts as normal.

We’re very generous to teams that need a lift

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2023, 12:32:47 pm by roversdude »
Is Nelson the latest out for the season, hopefully Brown is too

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2023, 01:03:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Strange isn’t it how many players are suddenly getting injured.

Coincidence?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2023, 01:53:09 pm by ncRover »
Does anyone else think that if we played a back 4 that Olowu could fill in as a right back?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2023, 02:15:29 pm by selby »
  Yes, and Faulkner his first game this season Bobby was brought on at right back but as the game went on moved more central.  Whether that is the best position to play them I would not be so sure as they are our quickest defenders down the centre of the pitch.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2023, 03:13:17 pm by normal rules »
I’m opting for a scraped win in this.
A win that probably won’t be worthy of any sort of adulation or credit.
Like putting a sticking plaster on a leaking Hoover Dam.
Schofield will no doubt already be having nightmares about the prospect of a defeat.
And should rovers get beat by Crewe. Then any sort of criticism he has had up to now will be amplified x10.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2023, 03:33:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’ve liked your post, NR, but I can’t see a win anywhere in our future. I’ll be happy to be proved wrong, of course.

DS has already said he’s sticking to whatever this ‘process’ is, so our nightmares end when we get rid of the process and the man who thought it up.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2023, 03:37:48 pm by normal rules »
I’ve liked your post, NR, but I can’t see a win anywhere in our future. I’ll be happy to be proved wrong, of course.

DS has already said he’s sticking to whatever this ‘process’ is, so our nightmares end when we get rid of the process and the man who thought it up.

I said with 9 games to go they get 7 points total. The Crewe game being three. I predict a Rare occasion were his process, whatever it is, gets lucky.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2023, 06:52:51 pm by monkeytennis »

There is your answer- 0-2 my prediction

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2023, 07:20:18 pm by Boycie »
Don't know the extent of Lavery's injury but could be down to just Agard as our only attacking option. Think Crewe will be more than capable of beating us.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2023, 07:30:51 pm by Petche »
Crewe will win and sadly I'm almost wanting them to with the hope it will speed up the end of Schofield.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2023, 07:55:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Arrogant beyond belief!!

If your remark is aimed me, Petche then you have misunderstood.  In no way was I disrespecting Crewe, I have come close to saying it a couple of times recently irrespective of who the opposition was. Nothing more than an expression of frustration at trying to have meaningful discussion about our team's prospects each game given the dross repeatedly being served up. 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2023, 09:11:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Strange isn’t it how many players are suddenly getting injured.

Coincidence?

I get a similar feeling. Know it’s harsh and probably not true but it seemed to happen last season too. As the rot fully took hold players with any injury became out for the season.

Probably more to do with the stage of the season but I certainly think a player once injured, with us playing like we are, won’t be rushing back to play again before preseason. I don’t blame the, either the place stinks. Imagine working there

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2023, 09:13:38 pm by normal rules »
Someone on Here has touched on it already, but with the dry feb we had it has been alluded to that the eco power pitch is a little on the hard side. Is this a factor?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2023, 09:16:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The injuries will 100% be legitimate but the recovery time might slow down if you really don’t want to play in a toxic team.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2023, 09:44:17 pm by Petche »
Arrogant beyond belief!!

If your remark is aimed me, Petche then you have misunderstood.  In no way was I disrespecting Crewe, I have come close to saying it a couple of times recently irrespective of who the opposition was. Nothing more than an expression of frustration at trying to have meaningful discussion about our team's prospects each game given the dross repeatedly being served up. 

My comment was aimed at our glorious manager!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2023, 11:20:25 pm by karldew »
Wasn’t McSheffrey sacked after a defeat to Crewe?…

Fingers crossed everyone! :byebye:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 28, 2023, 05:34:43 am by dickos1 »
No, wellens was.
Schofields first game was against Crewe

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 28, 2023, 07:40:25 am by roversdude »
Someone on Here has touched on it already, but with the dry feb we had it has been alluded to that the eco power pitch is a little on the hard side. Is this a factor?

Probably had as many injuries away from home though

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 28, 2023, 10:49:19 am by Chris Black come back »
Wasn’t McSheffrey sacked after a defeat to Crewe?…

Fingers crossed everyone! :byebye:

It was the appalling defeat at Carlisle that ended the McSheffrey reign.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 28, 2023, 11:13:25 am by ctay »
Think it was Richie after the Crewe game last year.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 29, 2023, 05:34:58 pm by selby »
   The only hope of any uplift in interest of the supporters this club have to the end of the season is to pick young players coming through and see how they go.
    It was the old way used to bring young players on in the past, Faulkner and Ravenhill should be picked on their last two performances anyway, Faulkner completely undermined again by Schofield ignoring him on the bench last weekend even after coming on at Crawley where he did well, and the club have lost out on a potential pot of money by poor handling of his playing situation, no business acumen added to lack of football nous, the complete opposite to the Peterborough way of building players up for sale, and just add it to ticket and bonus losses racked up this season in cup competitions, fading interest by supporters as the season has progressed and it's easy to see why the finances at the club are getting worse.
   Flint and Goodman have had excellent seasons in the u18s a big step up but need looking at and with not a lot of talent in the defensive midfield and striker department would be no different to more seasoned players we have watched if they did struggle, everyone else has in those areas all season, and the main reason we sit in the table where we do.
   If Kuleya can be recalled he is another we need to be looking at and if they were used we would at least have some enthusiasm and effort on show.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 30, 2023, 03:46:51 pm by selby »
 We are desperate for an encouraging win and a better performance

TinyPortal © 2005-2012