Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:42:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Grimsby Town Game  (Read 6183 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Grimsby Town Game
« Reply #90 on April 10, 2023, 09:51:49 pm by scawsby steve »
Steve,

The Richardson period was for me the worse period I have experienced.

Yes, but there were reasons for it, involving a crook. We shouldn't be in the position we're in now. It's just plain bad management.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 10, 2023, 10:03:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
There are still people who think it’s ok so long as no one is trying to burn the ground down.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 10, 2023, 11:03:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Here we go.

I was satisfied with the performance but not the result.

very impressed with our fantastic goal in fact if he had taken advantage of his chances he would have had a 3.

Mitchell's confidence is shot and should be rested but we have no one else.

We were bullied by a very strong team that kicked anything above the grass.

I feel sure if TA was CB today he would have sorted out the aggression.

Next season we need the sort of players Grimsby had in midfield just look at the yellow cards they got it was a badge of honor.

I am still behind the team, manager, Cops and Bramall.

We are going through bad times but its been worse.
Alick,
What have you seen from DS that impresses you enough to warrant keeping him in his job.
Just name one thing Alick.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 11, 2023, 08:00:02 am by roversdude »
For what it’s worth until a few games ago I was willing to give him the chance to put his own team together. Since then though he has convinced me that it’s not the players it’s his lack of management that is to blame. Prime examples yesterday - everyone in the ground knew we getting done time and time again on our left, everyone in the ground could see that we needed to bring on fresh legs with about 20 minutes to go. Everyone that is except Disillusioned Danny
Taxi for Schofield………please

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 11, 2023, 08:50:27 am by Alickismyhero »
Here we go.

I was satisfied with the performance but not the result.

very impressed with our fantastic goal in fact if he had taken advantage of his chances he would have had a 3.

Mitchell's confidence is shot and should be rested but we have no one else.

We were bullied by a very strong team that kicked anything above the grass.

I feel sure if TA was CB today he would have sorted out the aggression.

Next season we need the sort of players Grimsby had in midfield just look at the yellow cards they got it was a badge of honor.

I am still behind the team, manager, Cops and Bramall.

We are going through bad times but its been worse.
Alick,
What have you seen from DS that impresses you enough to warrant keeping him in his job.
Just name one thing Alick.

Camps,
I can see what he is trying to do with players ill equipped to do it. I saw a game were the team gave everything they had but were bullied out of it. I was not embarrassed with that performance and that is important to me.

I am not happy with the situation but my support remains strong and loyal as it has for 65years ish.

I will not walk away.

Camps, with due respect, we will have to disagree, I would like to see him get the resources he was probably told he would get when he took the job.

Its a damage limitation period till the end of the season.

and now its down to laying loads of paving to take my mind off things.

[/quote]

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 11, 2023, 08:52:13 am by EasyforDennis »
As soon as I saw the equaliser and then the amount of added on time I just knew it was going to happen.

This clown needs to go

Fal, I’m sorry mate but I can beat that.
At 1-0 and Grimsby pressing us for an equaliser, I said to my mate, if they score I can see them going on and getting a winner.

I said exactly the same to my mate. I wonder how many times that was replicated amongst the crowd yesterday.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 11, 2023, 09:30:26 am by selby »
  Alick, he is a tinkerer and a fantasist all in one.  I would like nothing more than Schofield to get the team on a roll and do well, but he has done nothing at all, and his assistants with him to prove they have the adaptability or nous to react to situations as they come up in a game, or set up a team to be able to be adaptable to moments that effect a game and counter what the opposition are doing in a game.
  For weeks we have been one dimensional and only when the Crewe manager inadvertedly mentioned publicly he knew the tactics we would employ before a game and a ball was kicked have we seen just a small nod by the coaches to mix it up a bit in the last two games, way too long after the horse has bolted, and still the coaching team say they have a vision of how to play, fantasy Island stuff.
  It is embarrassing, and taints the coaching staff throughout the club, even the academy where there are some excellent coaches who are proactive and generally superb and enthusiastic with personalities some thing else that is missing at first team level.
   Keep this going and it becomes like banging your head against a brick wall.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 11, 2023, 10:29:21 am by ForsolongaRover »
  Alick, he is a tinkerer and a fantasist all in one.  I would like nothing more than Schofield to get the team on a roll and do well, but he has done nothing at all, and his assistants with him to prove they have the adaptability or nous to react to situations as they come up in a game, or set up a team to be able to be adaptable to moments that effect a game and counter what the opposition are doing in a game.
  For weeks we have been one dimensional and only when the Crewe manager inadvertedly mentioned publicly he knew the tactics we would employ before a game and a ball was kicked have we seen just a small nod by the coaches to mix it up a bit in the last two games, way too long after the horse has bolted, and still the coaching team say they have a vision of how to play, fantasy Island stuff.
  It is embarrassing, and taints the coaching staff throughout the club, even the academy where there are some excellent coaches who are proactive and generally superb and enthusiastic with personalities some thing else that is missing at first team level.
   Keep this going and it becomes like banging your head against a brick wall.

Selby - I think you’ve hit on something there when you remind us about the Crewe manager’s comments. I think the Schofield Plan, whatever it was, has been largely abandoned and the players are just interacting naturally. You might criticise what we saw in the first half yesterday and against Gillingham as haphazard, but it allowed the players to go on the offensive and give the opposition something to think about.

The problem for Schofield is that he cannot resist trying to organise the efforts and that is what he probably did yesterday at half time. He thought “I can get them to improve on that”, but he is so incompetent that his plan always ruins what might otherwise work.

The way he talks reveals that all his thinking is structured and fixed. He always says the same things. He has a motivational phrase to counter any setback. It is like a Pro teaching you to execute a golf swing; provided you get everything technically right  with the swing - yardage - club selection - wind direction etc., the ball will travel the distance you intend.

The difference is that no one tackles you in golf or intercepts your ball!

In football you have to know “Then what…?” And in Schofield-speak this means you have encountered “A Moment” or “An individual mistake”.

Despite the “Positivity” that exudes from his interviews, under his leadership, we currently are the worst team in the bottom tier of the EFL. The irony is that in following his motivation which he “instils” into the players, in practice we are probably the most negative team in the bottom tier of the EFL.

People may well believe that they can see what he is trying to do, but instead should they not bring some focus into how he is trying to do it? The key is the complete lack of success of his methods. If any of us were in charge you would probably understand what we were trying to do, but success would be another matter, just like Schofield.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012