Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:11:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Obviously we haven’t got money to buy players”  (Read 7122 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: “Obviously we haven’t got money to buy players”
« Reply #30 on April 14, 2023, 09:23:59 pm by dickos1 »
Th clubs on its arse and dying as far as I can see.

That's Donnyjim who has predicted 9 of the last zero deaths of the club.

I always thought you were all reasonably ‘bright’ people, alas it seems not. Just get some old fashioned graph paper and plot our decline on it, you don’t need Excel to see the obvious downward spiral. Which, may I add continues at a pace.

Dickos is severely deluded by the way.

You predicted we would go down this season, you should be delighted that we aren’t.

Wrong! As usual! If you actually got your head out of your arse mate, I never said this. What I actually said was, we would finish bottom half this season and go down next. Which alas, we are well on track to do. Smell the coffee pal for once in your life AND get your facts right.

You’re that clueless, you’re even forgetting the negative drivel you post.
All these quotes were from you last season.

I can see us doing a Scunny. The rot will not stop And then the national league, the season after that. and Wellens seems to be doing his best at leaving the doors and windows open, whilst it’s pissing down.

Down and down again next year. Owners not interested. The club is only going one way and has been for a while.

By 2023 we’ll have the best ground in the conference. That is where we are heading under the current regime. It’s not so much a slide more of a free fall. I’m not saying the current owners should go because there is no one lining up. We just need to prepare ourselves, it’s happening.

It’s very sad to say but I think he may be correct. The clubs downward trajectory, both on and off the pitch is there to see. The owners’ and leaders general inertia to club has got me thinking we will be next seasons Scunny. I am so convinced I’m going to have a look at the odds to ease the pain.

And then the national league, the season after that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 14, 2023, 09:33:40 pm by Donnyjim »

I always thought you were all reasonably ‘bright’ people, alas it seems not. Just get some old fashioned graph paper and plot our decline on it, you don’t need Excel to see the obvious downward spiral. Which, may I add continues at a pace.

You predicted we would go down this season, you should be delighted that we aren’t.

Wrong! As usual! If you actually got your head out of your arse mate, I never said this. What I actually said was, we would finish bottom half this season and go down next. Which alas, we are well on track to do. Smell the coffee pal for once in your life AND get your facts right.

I can see us doing a Scunny. The rot will not stop And then the national league, the season after that. and Wellens seems to be doing his best at leaving the doors and windows open, whilst it’s pissing down.

Down and down again next year. Owners not interested. The club is only going one way and has been for a while.

By 2023 we’ll have the best ground in the conference. That is where we are heading under the current regime. It’s not so much a slide more of a free fall. I’m not saying the current owners should go because there is no one lining up. We just need to prepare ourselves, it’s happening.

It’s very sad to say but I think he may be correct. The clubs downward trajectory, both on and off the pitch is there to see. The owners’ and leaders general inertia to club has got me thinking we will be next seasons Scunny. I am so convinced I’m going to have a look at the odds to ease the pain.

Lol, own goal as usual, all the above is actually coming to light, the problem is your insight and you just can’t see it mate. Thanks for the 20 minutes of research mind. And where in the above did I actually say ‘we would go down this year’ ?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 14, 2023, 09:34:08 pm by StocksArmy »
Who buys players in the modern day? Barely anybody.

Stockport

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 14, 2023, 09:36:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Looks like we're doing better this season than he thought we were going to do. Some people are never happy!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 14, 2023, 09:38:26 pm by dickos1 »

Lol, own goal as usual, all the above is actually coming to light, the problem is your insight and you just can’t see it mate. Thanks for the 20 minutes of research mind. And where in the above did I actually say ‘we would go down this year’ ?

Are you really this daft? ?

Each post says we will be going down next season,
These posts were all from last season
Do you understand now?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 14, 2023, 09:40:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He also mentioned the right character and leadership qualities as well as being the right age, but if being selective suits your agenda that's fine

What agenda. All those things “right age” “leadership” “right character” will have been said last season, the season before and the season before many times over. What does that even mean. Were we looking for the wrong characters before or the wrong age (what is the right age) or seeking out those lacking leadership.

I said it’s a harsh comment but was pointing out why I can understand some concern. If he had any kind of record and just said the usual manager type answers that say nothing no one would be bothered in the slightest.

But you decided to just mention quality and ignored the other attributes

Fair enough I didn’t list everything when making a point, more to save typing as much than for a agenda. Didn’t think it necessary especially when the things I missed support what I’m saying anyway.

The point I was making is when, Hoden I presume, pushed for specifics on what we will be looking to recruit all we got were pretty basic generalities like quality. Same goes for the other attributes you mention. Again surely every signing needs to be a good character or the “right age” so does is it worth saying in the 1st place.

It’s like going to a restaurant and they say they are aiming not to give you food poisoning. It’s a given. The restaurant telling you that when you go in might give you a bit of concern.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 14, 2023, 09:40:57 pm by Thorney »

To be fair donnyjim, if those quotes are from last season then every one of them insinuate that we would be relegated this year.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 14, 2023, 09:44:46 pm by Goole Rover »
Reading the recent posts on this forum I’m so glad these people weren’t around in 1940.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2023, 10:03:43 pm by Donnyjim »

To be fair donnyjim, if those quotes are from last season then every one of them insinuate that we would be relegated this year.

“I can see us doing a Scunny. The rot will not stop And then the national league, THE SEASON AFTER THAT”

Is what I actually said, d**khead was sad sad sad enough to dig it out. He clearly has no life. Any way it’s all coming true. It’s all very sad I know but it’s reality.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2023, 10:14:55 pm by dickos1 »
Yep that’s correct
You said last season that we would do a scunny this season and get relegated straight to the conference.
Not sure what you’re arguing about

And it took me about 5 mins to find, because you don’t post much but when you do it’s just negative bile

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2023, 10:16:50 pm by dickos1 »
By 2023 we will have the best ground in the conference,
What does that mean if it doesn’t mean we’re getting relegated this season.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2023, 10:25:30 pm by ncRover »
He also mentioned the right character and leadership qualities as well as being the right age, but if being selective suits your agenda that's fine

What agenda. All those things “right age” “leadership” “right character” will have been said last season, the season before and the season before many times over. What does that even mean. Were we looking for the wrong characters before or the wrong age (what is the right age) or seeking out those lacking leadership.

I said it’s a harsh comment but was pointing out why I can understand some concern. If he had any kind of record and just said the usual manager type answers that say nothing no one would be bothered in the slightest.

But you decided to just mention quality and ignored the other attributes

Fair enough I didn’t list everything when making a point, more to save typing as much than for a agenda. Didn’t think it necessary especially when the things I missed support what I’m saying anyway.

The point I was making is when, Hoden I presume, pushed for specifics on what we will be looking to recruit all we got were pretty basic generalities like quality. Same goes for the other attributes you mention. Again surely every signing needs to be a good character or the “right age” so does is it worth saying in the 1st place.

It’s like going to a restaurant and they say they are aiming not to give you food poisoning. It’s a given. The restaurant telling you that when you go in might give you a bit of concern.

We need players of a different character, not the “right” one that conforms with the rest of this group. Players who are relentless and intimidating for the opposition. Players who won’t be like “oh well maybe better luck next week”. Players who won’t accept a losing mentality. Players that give us a buzz by getting stuck in and showing some passion and desire. They may not seem all nicey nice, but I bet players respect these types for helping to get the best out of a group.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2023, 10:30:31 pm by Canadian Rover »
When a guy worth hundreds of millions of pounds states he's going to make a significant financial contribution to his and your local football club you say thank you. That's it. He'll be true to his word.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 14, 2023, 10:51:57 pm by roversdude »
Well that’s not very nice

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 14, 2023, 10:57:09 pm by dickos1 »
Yep that’s correct
You said last season that we would do a scunny this season and get relegated straight to the conference.

And it took me about 5 mins to find, because you don’t post much but when you do it’s just negative bile

You are an absolute knobhead mate and I could actual sue you for slander. I can’t be arsed to argue with you d**khead because as always I am right. The bottom line is, unless the owners put the club up for sale we are heading Scunnys way - the statistical trajectory is significant. Plot the dots and #£&@ off.

Ha ha ha
Sue me for slander, I just copied and pasted your own words.

Ha ha Tickled me that has

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 14, 2023, 11:02:32 pm by Donnyjim »
Yep that’s correct

You are an absolute knobhead mate and I could actual sue you for slander. I can’t be arsed to argue with you d**khead because as always I am right. The bottom line is, unless the owners put the club up for sale we are heading Scunnys way - the statistical trajectory is significant. Plot the dots and #£&@ off.

Ha ha ha

You need to get a life mate, there is more to life than Donny Rovers believe it or not. Try walking, cycling or running. Life is too short to be obsessed with such shite.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 14, 2023, 11:19:05 pm by Goole Rover »
Yep that’s correct

Ha ha ha

You need to get a life mate, there is more to life than Donny Rovers believe it or not. Try walking, cycling or running. Life is too short to be obsessed with such shite.
I agree a day at Donny Rovers is a nice day out,  we shouldn’t take it so seriously we should be more worried if the the dustbin men went on strike. Footballers like all entertainers have a place in our wellbeing but they’re not that high up the ladder, chill is the word.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 14, 2023, 11:32:04 pm by Barmby Rover »
I seem to remember the last time we were in this division that a six figure fee was paid for Paul Heffernan, terrible, we can't spend money on transfer fees = we are not going to get anybody who will make a significant difference to the squad. That goes with the "can't be bothered with football " attitude from our owner.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 15, 2023, 12:46:39 am by elmsallrover »

let's be honest a few results going the wrong in the first few months of the season and we would probably be going down

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 15, 2023, 06:45:41 am by ncRover »
I seem to remember the last time we were in this division that a six figure fee was paid for Paul Heffernan, terrible, we can't spend money on transfer fees = we are not going to get anybody who will make a significant difference to the squad. That goes with the "can't be bothered with football " attitude from our owner.

We signed Heffernan after we’d spent a full season in League One.

I’m sure DS’ pay off would equate to 6 figures. Which is far more important than spending that money on a transfer fee.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 15, 2023, 07:22:29 am by Cramby10 »
wrong. We were in league 1. Last time we were in this division, we signed Marquis for free, and he scored a lot more goals than Heffernan.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 15, 2023, 07:50:27 am by Chris Black come back »
Whoever is manager, coach, head of football operations, chief executive, chairman it largely doesn’t matter if we are making such amateur hour appalling recruitment decisions. Please sign some decent players. We can’t have another season of total failure on every single level.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 15, 2023, 08:22:27 am by Campsall rover »
Whoever is manager, coach, head of football operations, chief executive, chairman it largely doesn’t matter if we are making such amateur hour appalling recruitment decisions. Please sign some decent players. We can’t have another season of total failure on every single level.
Yes we need some seriously good recruitment this summer but the big concern for me is this Head Coach.
Is he capable of getting them tho play football that is both enjoyable to watch and consistently winning football.

One thing DS did say this week when referring to the funds that TB is going to make available is “we have identified that we need more physicality in the team”. Hallelujah to that at least.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 15, 2023, 08:34:57 am by keith79 »
Marquis never cost any money,  I'd take prime Marquis

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 15, 2023, 08:36:31 am by keith79 »
Whiteman (when we 1st signed him) cost very little money. I'd take Whiteman

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 15, 2023, 08:36:35 am by Campsall rover »
I still believe we have the nucleus of a decent squad.
We just need probably 4 players with physical attributes in key positions. The 2 most glaring ones are centre midfield and up front.

The fact is DS has got the current squad underperforming big time.
We have seen glimpses of what they are capable of.
No one is going to tell me that an experienced manager would not have got far more from this current squad.
We have some very decent players but yes we have some missing ingredients that could turn us a top 3 team. That’s obvious.

My worry is this Coach is not the answer whoever we sign.
If he is staying then I seriously hope he proves me very wrong.

My prediction is we will be looking for a new manager come late October.
The sensible thing is to do it now.
If we lose or even fail to win any of the last 5 games how does that make keeping DS’s in this job credible?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 15, 2023, 08:37:33 am by Padge_DRFC »
I am not the boards biggest fan by far having ran the club so poorly. However the cash injection statement from Bramall it was very obvious it would be to increase the wage bill not spend 200k on a transfer fee.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 15, 2023, 08:58:13 am by tyke1962 »
I still believe we have the nucleus of a decent squad.
We just need probably 4 players with physical attributes in key positions. The 2 most glaring ones are centre midfield and up front.

The fact is DS has got the current squad underperforming big time.
We have seen glimpses of what they are capable of.
No one is going to tell me that an experienced manager would not have got far more from this current squad.
We have some very decent players but yes we have some missing ingredients that could turn us a top 3 team. That’s obvious.

My worry is this Coach is not the answer whoever we sign.
If he is staying then I seriously hope he proves me very wrong.

My prediction is we will be looking for a new manager come late October.
The sensible thing is to do it now.
If we lose or even fail to win any of the last 5 games how does that make keeping DS’s in this job credible?

I've said previously you should be all over James Norwood this summer Campsall .

His one year deal with ourselves ends on June 30th and should we go up I can't see another deal getting offered .

I wouldn't mind giving him another 12 month deal should we remain in league one but possibly Norwood may seek a longer deal elsewhere which is where Rovers could nip in .

I like Norwood he's done a tremendous job this season but I reckon my club will try and sign Max Watters permanently in the summer who is as you know is a younger player with potential to improve and a saleable asset should he develop further .

Norwood would be a tremendous asset for Rovers in my opinion , vastly experienced , round the block striker who'd be a real leader up top , he still gets his fair share of goals too .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 15, 2023, 10:21:16 am by dickos1 »

That’s just nonsense though isn’t it
Wellens, Gareth roberts, Marquis, oster, Rob jones, Blair, May, Joe wright, friend, paynter, brown, cotterill, Rowe, Anderson, butler, sadlier,
All signed on free’s

I don’t understand why people think players who have let their contract run down can’t be good players

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 15, 2023, 12:25:14 pm by Campsall rover »
The obsession with fees is crazy.

This is not the 1980’s or 1990’s. It’s all about Wages in the modern era  The players have all the power now not the clubs.

Barmby Rover by the way Heffernan came to us when we had just been promoted to League 1 in the summer of 2004

TinyPortal © 2005-2012