Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:56:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 7995 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #90 on November 07, 2023, 10:09:38 pm by Donnywolf »

Any of Wrexham, port vale or Blackpool away for me in the next round to tick off a new ground

If Burton v Mansfield is a draw we top the Group and play at home

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 07, 2023, 10:12:09 pm by Nudga »
Hoden has just said the attendance is 1,068 with 77 Burton fans. There is defo not 77 fans in the away section.

Burton fan on twitter said there were 26 of them

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 07, 2023, 10:26:06 pm by scawsby steve »
We've lost one game out of the last 6 in all comps.

That says progress to me; and at the right time with players coming back from injury.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on November 07, 2023, 10:54:10 pm by selby »
That game at Crewe brought back memories we started the game well and their young centre forward later to join West Ham scored a few that night, everything he touched ended up in our net.
  Drove down with my father and friends and dropped them off in Norton driving down Balne straight to Pollington and the old bill stopped me being late at night out in the country.
  Mind telling me your name sir and address which I gave, where have you been sir, Crewe, and why Crewe, I have been to a football game and we f-ing lost 8-0. If that's the case  I think you had better get off home sir, good night.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on November 07, 2023, 11:06:06 pm by Bills view »
Another enjoyable game and a very good second half.

Things to work on but I am looking forward to going to games and being entertained.

Long may it continue.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on November 07, 2023, 11:23:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
We've lost one game out of the last 6 in all comps.

That says progress to me; and at the right time with players coming back from injury.

i checked our league form for the month of October and hopefully  we can avoid that curse not sure who won September 

but if Stockport won September then they won't give it to them again despite having a full house of wins in October

wonder what price we are for a top half finish .... maybe the penny still hasn't dropped about our chances

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 07, 2023, 11:27:37 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
That game at Crewe brought back memories we started the game well and their young centre forward later to join West Ham scored a few that night, everything he touched ended up in our net.
  Drove down with my father and friends and dropped them off in Norton driving down Balne straight to Pollington and the old bill stopped me being late at night out in the country.
  Mind telling me your name sir and address which I gave, where have you been sir, Crewe, and why Crewe, I have been to a football game and we f-ing lost 8-0. If that's the case  I think you had better get off home sir, good night.

That's the night (was it a Tuesday) I rang up Talk Sport and told them we would get promotion as they were belittling us

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on November 08, 2023, 08:42:32 am by Campsall rover »
Was working in Lincoln that day and travelled over to Crewe to watch the match.
The 8-0 score line was crazy really. It could easily have been 10-6
We were no where near as bad as the score line suggests.
Crewe scored virtually every shot they had and we missed all our chances.
Dean Ashton it was who scored 4 goals.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 08, 2023, 08:49:45 am by Campsall rover »
On to last nights game.
Very encouraging performance from our lads last night.
What I would call a proper team performance.
Great to see Owen Bailey in the holding midfield role. This lad is a very good footballer wherever you play him but for me long term that is his position in the team.
Great tackler, reads the game so well and his distribution is good also.
He just give the team that bite & solidity in front of the back 3 or 4
He can only get better at the age he is. If GM keeps improving him then he will prove to be one of Rovers best ever signings.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on November 08, 2023, 09:10:10 am by ncRover »
We’re through to the 2nd round of the BDSM trophy! The season is saved! ;)

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 08, 2023, 09:53:34 am by karldew »
Hoden has just said the attendance is 1,068 with 77 Burton fans. There is defo not 77 fans in the away section.

Burton fan on twitter said there were 26 of them

I actually counted them whilst watching it on ifollow and counted 25, guessing one of them must of been at the toilet!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 08, 2023, 10:27:42 am by selby »
  What we did very well last night was keep their tippy tappy football in front of our back line, and stopped them getting behind us many times.
  Further up field we pressed well making the player with the ball hurry, Westbrooke especially doing well pressing up field.
  A good win, Faal again playing well and we look as though we can score goals going forward, a massive change from just a  few weeks ago, with both wide players also a threat and now taking defenders on rather than stopping the ball and passing it backwards every time.
  In midfield we had players who got about the field and put a foot in Broadbent in the second half especially covering ground and making a nuisance of himself backing Westbrooke up.
  A good team performance all round and hopefully can be replicated at Wimbledon. When the majority of the players are 6/7 and throw in a couple of 8's the game is a lot easier, and great to see Wood back just doing the basics well.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on November 08, 2023, 11:06:58 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Great team performance yesterday, espeacially off the ball. Good pressing by everyone and that showed for the first goal, great work by Broadbent and a good finish.

Thought Faal just edged Owen Bailey for MOTM. Wood also had a very good first half and Olowu had a solid game.

Shows how much we all love Mo Faal when we could all see that he was knackered for the last 10 minutes but we all got behind him and he didn’t stop running, gave us a thumbs up aswell so recognised our support. Definitely got potential to play at a high level.

Regarding the group, Burton vs Mansfield is the only game left to be played. Burton would need to win by 2 clear goals or win by 1 but score 4 or more and Mansfield would need to win by 3 clear goals or win by 2 goals and score at least 3 goals for us not to finish top of the group and get a home tie because they have the better head to head. If Mansfield won by 2 goals and scored 4 or more they would win the group on goals scored.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 11:10:25 am by Bailey Vickerage »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on November 08, 2023, 12:48:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Great team performance yesterday, espeacially off the ball. Good pressing by everyone and that showed for the first goal, great work by Broadbent and a good finish.

Thought Faal just edged Owen Bailey for MOTM. Wood also had a very good first half and Olowu had a solid game.

Shows how much we all love Mo Faal when we could all see that he was knackered for the last 10 minutes but we all got behind him and he didn’t stop running, gave us a thumbs up aswell so recognised our support. Definitely got potential to play at a high level.

Regarding the group, Burton vs Mansfield is the only game left to be played. Burton would need to win by 2 clear goals or win by 1 but score 4 or more and Mansfield would need to win by 3 clear goals or win by 2 goals and score at least 3 goals for us not to finish top of the group and get a home tie because they have the better head to head. If Mansfield won by 2 goals and scored 4 or more they would win the group on goals scored.
Thanks for that.  :facepalm:   :thumbsup:

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 08, 2023, 05:20:18 pm by Lesonthewest »
Another enjoyable game and a very good second half.

Things to work on but I am looking forward to going to games and being entertained.

Long may it continue.

Agreed, really enjoying watching our team go from strength to strength. Burton looked full of confidence & played like a team from a league above. But we managed to get our noses in front & dug in as a team. Second half with Grant making a couple of changes we were the side that looked a league above, excellent passing & movement & creating chances. Saw the game out with real determination too. Well done Rovers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 08, 2023, 09:40:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just watching the brief highlights, it's good to see progression continuing to be made, playing as a unit with good interplay and running off the ball.

For example, the sprint Westbrooke made to get ahead of the ball to create room for Kyle Hurst to cut inside and shoot.

Another composed finish from Mo and Hurst showing he can get into good positions,  pick up loose ends and finish with aplomb.  He had a decent spell of scoring goals last season and it looks already, he has the knack of getting the ball in the onion bag. Is he just luckier than Molyneux?

It's hard to temper the optimism but it looks like we're finally delivering on the potential we always thought these players had.

Would just love to see Miller back in the mix bringing in another attacking option but, I guess we'll just have to be a little more patient. All good things come to those who are prepared to wait.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 09, 2023, 06:32:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I know there is a long way to go but a trip to Wembley or wherever the final is held, would be a great boost to confidence, around the club. We could do with a boost like that, get us going again.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on November 21, 2023, 07:28:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Burton playing Mansfield now. Mansfield winning 1 0 they have to win by two clear goals to go top. Burton now have to win 4 1 as it is now to go top.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on November 21, 2023, 07:34:30 pm by roversdude »
Do the table topping teams get a home draw

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on November 21, 2023, 07:36:18 pm by donnyguy »
1-1

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on November 21, 2023, 07:36:45 pm by roversdude »
Burton playing Mansfield now. Mansfield winning 1 0 they have to win by two clear goals to go top. Burton now have to win 4 1 as it is now to go top.
Surely a win puts Burton above us

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on November 21, 2023, 07:38:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
Burton scored so 1.  1  Mansfield need to win 3.1 and Burton 3  1 for one of them to go top so good for us at moment
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 07:43:21 pm by steve@dcfd »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on November 21, 2023, 07:41:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Our goal difference is 2
Burton at the moment is 1 they need 2 more as we beat them.
Mansfield is 0 need 2 they will go top as they beat us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on November 21, 2023, 07:44:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Do the table topping teams get a home draw
Yes

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on November 21, 2023, 07:44:45 pm by roversdude »
Sorry Steve looked at table between your post and seeing score had updated

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on November 21, 2023, 08:17:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
Burton 2 1 now need 1 more if Mansfield don’t score to go top.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on November 21, 2023, 08:56:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
So final score 2.   1 so we’ve topped the group and I believe we will have a home draw

TinyPortal © 2005-2012