Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:16:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation fodder  (Read 12058 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation fodder
« Reply #30 on December 26, 2023, 08:48:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »
£200 is about right for a non league ST.

We won't go down for sure.

Where's all the top half finish betters gone?

When we get beat Friday the odds will be even better. Then it's time to put it on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 26, 2023, 08:56:39 pm by Campsall rover »
I’d give Anderson a ‘rest’, make Bailey captain in a back 4 alongside Flint (who looks good to me every time I see him). Tell the full backs to defend first and foremost.

Until we sort the defence well enough to get clean sheets there’s little point worrying about midfield and attack.
The midfield is part of the defence.
We are supposed to defend as a team and attack as a team.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 26, 2023, 08:58:41 pm by normal rules »

When we get beat Friday the odds will be even better. Then it's time to put it on.

I respect your optimism Padge.
But let’s put some numbers to it shall we?
What’s your points tally for the following games? Mine are shown.

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

So that’s another 10 points between now and end of feb. 2 wins 4 draws.
And I think I’m being optimistic. 34 points. And desperate for more to survive before season end.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 26, 2023, 08:59:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Whilst the last 3 game results haven't been anywhere near ideal the team will be suffering just as much as we the fans are, the amount of toxic chants and absolute shitty comments coming from our 'fans' is an absolute disgrace, I would love GM to bring the players to the job centre when these so called fans will no doubt be signing on and stealing a living and have the players scream at them while they claim there jobseekers allowance and tell them how shit they are and get them out.
January is going to be massive for this club and its very gloomy at the minute but TB delivered on pretty much everything the fans were calling for, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this rovers team, GM needs IMO 3 windows to get players out who are not fitting into his system and get the type of player in he is screaming out for, we know from a previous season the type of football GM brings, its just going to take time.

I'd be surprised anyone who follows rovers up and down the country is not in employment.
There are many who do that are retired.  They are not working.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 26, 2023, 09:03:08 pm by dickos1 »

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

And I think I’m being optimistic. 34 points. And desperate for more to survive before season end.

Mk dons 3
Harrogate 1
Newport 3
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 3
Salford 1
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon 3
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 09:06:35 pm by dickos1 »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 26, 2023, 09:12:11 pm by normal rules »

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

Mk dons 3
Newport 3
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 3
Salford 1
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon 3

Jesus Dickos. I hope you will back those predictions up,with trips to the bookies. And I wish you luck. You’ll need it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 26, 2023, 09:28:46 pm by Campsall rover »

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

Mk dons 3
Newport 3
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 3
Salford 1
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon 3

Jesus Dickos. I hope you will back those predictions up,with trips to the bookies. And I wish you luck. You’ll need it.
While all those results are possible dickos and I would have agreed with those predictions before the Morecambe game, I think you are being wildly optimistic after the shambles of the last 3 games.
By heck I hope you are right but I can’t see it happening right now.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 26, 2023, 09:42:46 pm by normal rules »
That’s a ppg swing from 1.04 currently to 1.7 in those ten games .

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 26, 2023, 09:51:31 pm by les@donr »
We'll be in serious trouble if Forest Green recruit well in January. Their chairman is promising new recruits to turn their season around. It could be between us or Colchester who goes down with Sutton.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 26, 2023, 09:52:02 pm by drfchound »

I’m one of the top half betters on here and have kept off the board so far tonight.
I think right now I can kiss any winnings goodbye but can go back to my comments of a couple of years or so back when we were struggling to stay in L1.
I mentioned the slippery slope of relegation carrying on into L2 and us potentially sliding into the National League.
Last season wasn’t great was it and it appears that we are still on the slide.
I dearly hope we can get a grip and stop it.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 26, 2023, 10:07:29 pm by les@donr »
Hound, given our current form, I think it will be between us and Colchester who will go down to the National League, swapping places with Chesterfield.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 26, 2023, 10:25:05 pm by normal rules »
Managerial mistake followed by managerial mistake. Throw in quite a few dire signings, shocking contracts, injuries and an utter waste of time and money on a HOF and it’s no surprise Rovers are in the state they are.
They have the right manager now, for the club imo, and it looks like him and TB want to grab the team by the scruff of the neck, but is it far too little, far too late..? I hope not.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 26, 2023, 10:39:35 pm by normal rules »
41 of us predicted a defeat today on p v o. And it’s looking like a similar amount will be opting for the same this Friday, with every poster up to now (21) opting for a loss. Sad times.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 26, 2023, 11:27:32 pm by drfchound »
Idler has done extraordinarily well on the PvO competition over the last few years.
His regular prediction is “lose”.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 27, 2023, 01:19:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

Mk dons 3
Newport 3
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 3
Salford 1
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon 3

Do you ever reflect on your previous predictions? Or is it always "16 points from 8 games"?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 27, 2023, 12:01:49 pm by dickos1 »
Can you not count billy?
There’s 17 points there from 9 games

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 27, 2023, 12:08:50 pm by andyst79 »
If Ironside had scored the penalty we would still have lost 3-1 we're that bad.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 27, 2023, 12:16:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Can you not count billy?
There’s 17 points there from 9 games

Aye. My mistake. Good to see you lowering your target a bit.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 27, 2023, 12:31:58 pm by The Beast »

Mk. 0
Harrogate 1
Newport 1
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 1
Salford 3
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon. 0

Mk dons 3
Newport 3
Bradford 0
Stockport 0
Sutton 3
Tranmere 3
Salford 1
Grimsby 1
Wimbledon 3

Can you get me some please dickos? Could do with a ‘pick me up’!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 27, 2023, 01:01:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Statistic doing the rounds today. Over the last 5 years of the 92 league clubs, these are the sides that have lost the most games:

Queens Park Rangers - 104
Birmingham City - 101
Doncaster Rovers - 100
Reading - 99
Huddersfield - 96

What’s quite notable is that Reading exploded due to financial issues and point deductions and Huddersfield got understandably relegated from the Premier League, the other sides must have won a fair amount of games as they haven’t been relegated. We likely lost a huge amount but didn’t win many either and had no point deductions. We really are the biggest losers.

Ton up!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 01:36:46 pm by Chris Black come back »

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 27, 2023, 01:34:40 pm by RoversInSpain »
Another manager hired due to sentiment
I feel Grant is a good manager, I consider some one like Nigel Clough similar and good.
In 2020 Mansfield finished 21st in Lg2, they took on Clough and improved them over the next 3 seasons, then this season they’re looking very good.
I’m expecting a similar 3/4 season build. And I think Grant and Cliff are more than capable by getting out the rubbish (we all know who they are) and building on the promising bunch
But it’s tough going at the moment.
I felt for some of the newer players yesterday when the supporters chanted the not fit to where a shirt.
But could understand the frustration with the usual suspects.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 27, 2023, 02:02:26 pm by Michael Shaw »
How come Wellens was such a disaster at Doncaster and yet got Leyton Orient promoted from this same league? And now we supposedly have a better manager in McCann and still Rovers can't even get into the top half of the table.  Something is seriously wrong at Doncaster, and has been for 3 years. I can't see how we improve. All I read is "smoke and mirrors" to distract us all from the fact that we are in real trouble and need a massive clearout in every area of the club. We slid into this situation while too many fans were in denial, but many are beginning to recognise we are no longer the Championship club we used to be with little realistic chance of getting back.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 27, 2023, 02:25:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
I did think we were in same group as Dingles, Rotherham, Peterborough - similar crowds, good League One clubs who couldn't last in the Championship.

Last few seasons we have dropped well back from this lot, behind that group of Lincoln City, Oxford United and Bristol Rovers, who are solid mid-table League One performers usually.

We are now fixtures in the bottom third of League Two, alongside clubs like Forest Green Rovers (average gate 2100), Salford City (2600) and Sutton United (3000). All of these have gates half of our gates. Salford of course destroyed us 3-0 at home not too long ago.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:34:19 pm by Chris Black come back »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 27, 2023, 02:33:41 pm by normal rules »
I did used to think we were in same group as Dingles, Rotherham, Peterborough - similar crowds, good League One clubs who couldn't last in the Championship.

Last few seasons we have dropped well back from this lot, behind that group of Lincoln City, Oxford United and Bristol Rovers, who are solid mid-table League One performers usually.

We are now fixtures in the bottom third of League Two, alongside clubs like Forest Green Rovers (average gate 2100), Salford City (2600) and Sutton United (3000). All of these have gates half of our gates. Salford of course destroyed us 3-0 at home not too long ago.

Consider this . Rovers are in the same group as York, chesterfield, Oldham, Rochdale, Halifax, Southend and Hartlepool.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 27, 2023, 02:44:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Another manager hired due to sentiment

Sentiment?

More like it was the fans choice, and a large majority at that.

And far from being yet another unknown quantity, at least this time we know that he does have the ability given the tools.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 27, 2023, 03:01:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Statistic doing the rounds today. Over the last 5 years of the 92 league clubs, these are the sides that have lost the most games:

Birmingham City - 101
Doncaster Rovers - 100
Reading - 99
Huddersfield - 96

What’s quite notable is that Reading exploded due to financial issues and point deductions and Huddersfield got understandably relegated from the Premier League, the other sides must have won a fair amount of games as they haven’t been relegated. We likely lost a huge amount but didn’t win many either and had no point deductions. We really are the biggest losers.

Ton up!

For two of those 5 years we were in the top ten of our division. The last 3 years' figures will be horrific.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 27, 2023, 03:15:02 pm by Michael Shaw »
Years of being a solid league ONE side pushing for promotion we are not even a solid league TWO side pushing for promotion.
Where are we going and what can we do about it, because we need a miracle immediately?
Even the most optimistic fan must privately be concerned right now.
Is TB going to open his cheque book or leave the club struggling at the bottom of league two? I can't see what else will save this club (or another committed investor).

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 27, 2023, 04:20:50 pm by Lesonthewest »

Birmingham City - 101
Doncaster Rovers - 100
Reading - 99
Huddersfield - 96

Ton up!

That's a great stat, or not as the case may be. Just shows what us supporters have had to endure, especially over the last 3 seasons. I dare say out of those clubs shown, ours were  the worst performance wise too.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 27, 2023, 07:54:08 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
I'd hazard a guess that if you looked at the 3 year period from the start of 2021 up to now, no one in the football league would have lost as many games as we have. I can't think of anyone who could match us over that period.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 27, 2023, 10:41:04 pm by Filo »

Birmingham City - 101
Doncaster Rovers - 100
Reading - 99
Huddersfield - 96

Ton up!

Schofield has the honour of contributing to 2 of those runs

TinyPortal © 2005-2012