Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:34:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation fodder  (Read 12084 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Relegation fodder
« on December 26, 2023, 04:58:38 pm by normal rules »
Whilst Newport have come to rovers rescue today I see the leagues whipping boys Sutton have got a surprise win away at Wimbledon . The points gap is non too comfortable for what is a side now getting used to losing badly. And with both centre halves coming off today amidst another poor team performance , it makes for an interesting transfer window ahead.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation fodder
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2023, 05:01:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Pray for heavy rain so the game gets abandoned Friday. It will be as bad as today otherwise. Hope there's 5 or 6 lined up from Jan 1st to save us

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2023, 05:04:28 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Anderson out, Owulu out, Wood out, Long out, Lawlor out, Jones out, Lavery out, Taylor out, Roberts out, Sotana out, Biggins out... absolutely garbage the job lot of em..a few more probably to add to  the list too..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 05:28:54 pm by Donny Exile in York »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2023, 05:06:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Anderson out, Owulu out, Wood out, Long out, Lawlor out, Jones out, Lavery out, Taylor out, Wood out, Roberts out, Sotana out, Biggins out... absolutely garbage the job lot of em..a few more probably to add to  the list too..

I'm not disagreeing with anything but it's Olowu, not Oluwu.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 26, 2023, 05:12:38 pm by MachoMadness »
We are absolutely in real trouble here. These last few games have been as bad as anything under Schofield. The one mercy is that we have the January window opening soon.

We're not too big to go down, far from it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 26, 2023, 05:17:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We are absolutely in real trouble here. These last few games have been as bad as anything under Schofield. The one mercy is that we have the January window opening soon.

We're not too big to go down, far from it.

The last few games have been far worse than anything under Schofield. At least he knew how to organise scraps of a squad so it wasn't shipping 11 goals on ten days. We might have been toothless and shit, but we rarely got taken to the cleaners like the last three games, even when we had Tommy Rowe and 9 pre-pubesecents playing outfield.

Even when the wheels came off last season, we only conceded 3 goals twice in 20 games. We've exceeded that in the last 3.

We MUST find a way to become more robust defensively, because if we don't, we aren't anywhere near good enough to score the goals we need to make up for it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 05:20:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 26, 2023, 05:27:55 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Another manager hired due to sentiment

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 26, 2023, 05:51:10 pm by Ldr »
Some of these players are playing like they’ve been told they are history

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 26, 2023, 05:53:59 pm by mushRTID »
We are not going down.

It is turning into another depressingly bad season though.

My brother in law has been today, third Boxing Day in a row (all 0-3…Merry Christmas).

He reminded me how bad we were at Tranmere last season and we’ve both questioned what the hell has happened in the last calendar year.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 26, 2023, 05:56:57 pm by ncRover »
Mansfield next. Who today had 39 shots against Grimsby. Pretty much a shot every 2 and a half minutes.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 26, 2023, 06:06:04 pm by normal rules »

This is very very clear to me . Of those that can stay past Jan most of those that remain  know their shelf life won’t go beyond summer. And after that they don’t give a damn where rovers as a club will be come season end . And this is very very dangerous for rovers as a club. Mcann is trying to push water uphill .
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 06:14:07 pm by normal rules »

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 26, 2023, 06:12:21 pm by Silkscarf »
I’d give Anderson a ‘rest’, make Bailey captain in a back 4 alongside Flint (who looks good to me every time I see him). Tell the full backs to defend first and foremost.

Until we sort the defence well enough to get clean sheets there’s little point worrying about midfield and attack.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 26, 2023, 06:15:21 pm by Ldr »

If a car has a knackered engine and 4 flat tyres changing the driver doesn’t do much

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 26, 2023, 06:16:02 pm by Thorney »

Sentiment?

More like it was the fans choice, and a large majority at that.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 26, 2023, 06:18:46 pm by Chris Black come back »

This is very very clear to me . Of those that can stay past Jan most of those that remain  know their shelf life won’t go beyond summer. And after that they don’t give a damn where rovers as a club will be come season end . And this is very very dangerous for rovers as a club. Mcann is trying to push water uphill .
I’d give Anderson a ‘rest’, make Bailey captain in a back 4 alongside Flint (who looks good to me every time I see him). Tell the full backs to defend first and foremost.

Until we sort the defence well enough to get clean sheets there’s little point worrying about midfield and attack.

If we put Flint in now we probably ruin him forever. If full backs don't get forward then we have no width, not least as the two players with pace presumably signed to play wide in Roberts and Sotana have both been f**ked off. Our wide players who have to be Hurst and Molyneux, neither of which has pace.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 26, 2023, 06:19:32 pm by monkeytennis »
Mansfield next. Who today had 39 shots against Grimsby. Pretty much a shot every 2 and a half minutes.

JFC we are toast

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 26, 2023, 06:21:16 pm by Goole Rover »

Sentiment?

I agree McCann was the man that we wanted and in my opinion we should still want him.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 26, 2023, 06:31:28 pm by Lesonthewest »

Sentiment?

The right decision too in my opinion, has he made mistakes? yes. Has he misjudged this league? my opinion, yes. Can he sort it? without a doubt given the tools. Give him January to reinforce a desperately depleted squad, & players not showing anywhere near enough for the shirt. We're all in this together & we need as supporters to stay fully behind the manager & chairman. We've suffered for nearly 3 years, I'm sure an upturn is not too far away.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 26, 2023, 06:45:40 pm by Dabbermoo »
Whilst the last 3 game results haven't been anywhere near ideal the team will be suffering just as much as we the fans are, the amount of toxic chants and absolute shitty comments coming from our 'fans' is an absolute disgrace, I would love GM to bring the players to the job centre when these so called fans will no doubt be signing on and stealing a living and have the players scream at them while they claim there jobseekers allowance and tell them how shit they are and get them out.
January is going to be massive for this club and its very gloomy at the minute but TB delivered on pretty much everything the fans were calling for, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this rovers team, GM needs IMO 3 windows to get players out who are not fitting into his system and get the type of player in he is screaming out for, we know from a previous season the type of football GM brings, its just going to take time.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 06:59:48 pm by Dabbermoo »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 26, 2023, 07:33:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Whilst the last 3 game results haven't been anywhere near ideal the team will be suffering just as much as we the fans are, the amount of toxic chants and absolute shitty comments coming from our 'fans' is an absolute disgrace, I would love GM to bring the players to the job centre when these so called fans will no doubt be signing on and stealing a living and have the players scream at them while they claim there jobseekers allowance and tell them how shit they are and get them out.
January is going to be massive for this club and its very gloomy at the minute but TB delivered on pretty much everything the fans were calling for, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this rovers team, GM needs IMO 3 windows to get players out who are not fitting into his system and get the type of player in he is screaming out for, we know from a previous season the type of football GM brings, its just going to take time.

And in the meantime, how many STs are we going to sell next summer? And what kind of attendances are we going to see until then?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 26, 2023, 07:45:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »

I'd be surprised anyone who follows rovers up and down the country is not in employment.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 26, 2023, 07:46:46 pm by Chris Black come back »

Total mystery to me why people get on backs of our own players during a game. Maybe boo at end of game but during the match? Very odd behaviour.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 26, 2023, 07:54:20 pm by normal rules »

Total mystery to me why people get on backs of our own players during a game. Maybe boo at end of game but during the match? Very odd behaviour.

Frustration borne out of the stark contrast between performances like that of Peterborough, Forest in the EFL and the battle against Accy to that of Morcambe, Bradford and today.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 26, 2023, 07:58:26 pm by Thorney »

Sentiment?

The right decision too in my opinion, has he made mistakes? yes. Has he misjudged this league? my opinion, yes. Can he sort it? without a doubt given the tools. Give him January to reinforce a desperately depleted squad, & players not showing anywhere near enough for the shirt. We're all in this together & we need as supporters to stay fully behind the manager & chairman. We've suffered for nearly 3 years, I'm sure an upturn is not too far away.

Im fully behind mcann, i am prepared to give him some time and transfer windows to put together his squad. We cant keep changing the manager at the rate we have for the past couple of seasons.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 26, 2023, 08:19:49 pm by Dabbermoo »

And in the meantime, how many STs are we going to sell next summer? And what kind of attendances are we going to see until then?

ST should be bought by the fans regardless of the season, I personally bought next seasons during the black Friday deal last month even though I have no clue as to who will be manager, who the players will be, what league we will be in, I did this as I'm a fan of Doncaster and will continue to follow them through the good and bad times, some fans only want the good times and judging some of the posts in this forum they live for a bad game just to slag the team off to probably make themselves feel better.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 26, 2023, 08:24:28 pm by keith79 »
After the last 3 games fans imo have the right to show they are not happy.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 26, 2023, 08:25:06 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I got mine in the Black Friday sale as £200 is nothing for a full season. We'll be better next season for sure with McCann. We'll have a brand new team almost too v the one now

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 26, 2023, 08:30:10 pm by normal rules »
£200 is about right for a non league ST.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 26, 2023, 08:30:55 pm by Dabbermoo »

Completely agree fans should be able to let their feelings known but when it's the same few in the crowd creating such a toxic atmosphere where does the line get drawn?? Singing about the team being so shit, singing we get beat everywhere we go/everyweek, baffles me why spend hard earned money to watch a team that is struggling massively with injuries and the best team possible from the players available was put out today in the opinion of GM.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 26, 2023, 08:46:23 pm by scawsby steve »

Completely agree fans should be able to let their feelings known but when it's the same few in the crowd creating such a toxic atmosphere where does the line get drawn?? Singing about the team being so shit, singing we get beat everywhere we go/everyweek, baffles me why spend hard earned money to watch a team that is struggling massively with injuries and the best team possible from the players available was put out today in the opinion of GM.

I agree with you that the fans shouldn't be singing "We're f*cking shit" during the game, even when we all know that they actually are shit.

However, the time to worry is when there'll hardly be any fans left to sing anything.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012