Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:16:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DSA government funding  (Read 2698 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
DSA government funding
« on February 03, 2024, 11:30:28 pm by drfchound »
“Government funding made available for DSA Efforts to reopen Doncaster Sheffield airport (DSA) have been thrown a £30 million government lifeline.
Transport secretary Mark Harper disclosed the availability of a grant in a letter to South Yorkshire mayor Oliver Coppard yesterday (Thursday).
It had been reported locally in January that a request to reallocate the £30 million to reopen the airport had been rejected.
However, the potential use of local transport and devolved funding settlements to support projects related to Doncaster Sheffield airport is raised in Harper’s letter.

He said that “the government is supporting South Yorkshire through Gainshare funding, making £900 million available through £30 million funding per year over 30 years.”

From Travel Weekly. 2nd Feb 2024.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 11:48:03 pm by drfchound »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: DSA government funding
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2024, 08:58:39 am by Sprotyrover »
It seems that’ Ollie on the Buses’ has earmarked that funding for his complete re build of the Sheffield Supertram, hence all of the Shenanigans
Over a £30 million pot of funding granted to go
towards part funding an extension of the Lincoln line into DSA and it seems to have got into
A political wrangle as Ollie is blaming everyone bar himself
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:49:11 am by Sprotyrover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 05, 2024, 09:10:11 am by DonnyOsmond »
It seems that’ Ollie on the Buses’ has earmarked that funding for his complete re build of the Sheffield Supertram, hence all of the Shenanigans
Over a £30 million pot of funding granted to go
towards part funding an extension of the Lincoln line into DSA and it seems to have got into
A political wrangle as Ollie is blaming ever bar himset.

Wasn't it ringfenced for the train line to the airport?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 05, 2024, 09:31:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yeah and he knows that, he knows there's a process and yet doesn't want to follow it. They're gonna come unstuck when they can't blame central government anymore.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 05, 2024, 12:26:19 pm by SydneyRover »
''Doncaster Sheffield Airport: Mayor told to stop 'political point scoring' in row over funding for rescue plan

South Yorkshire Mayor Oliver Coppard has been told there is government funding available to reopen Doncaster Sheffield Airport so he should stop “political point scoring”.

In a letter, Transport Secretary Mark Harper said the government is providing the region with £30m a year – for 30 years – through its Gainshare fund and it is “very likely to be suitable” as Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen previously used that fund to reopen Teesside Airport ...................

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/doncaster-sheffield-airport-mayor-told-to-stop-political-point-scoring-in-row-over-funding-for-rescue-plan-4503501

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 05, 2024, 03:00:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Again, for the record, this Govt promised to replace EU funding for the regions.

South Yorkshire would have likely received >£100m per year for most of this decade from the EU, had we not left.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 05, 2024, 05:46:22 pm by Sprotyrover »
Well good news Oliver has today announced a business case and funding in the region of £138 million to re open the Airport. What I just can’t comprehend is why didn’t he do a deal with Peel in the first place rather than letting them close it! Every free thinking voter in the Region is supportive of the Airport and coupled with the 800 acre High Tech investment Gate way East it made sense! We have just wasted 2 years!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:02:56 pm by Sprotyrover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 05, 2024, 06:07:15 pm by Sprotyrover »
Again, for the record, this Govt promised to replace EU funding for the regions.

South Yorkshire would have likely received >£100m per year for most of this decade from the EU, had we not left.
Good grief are you still mithering on about that! We put circa £13 billion in every year and got a £3 billion refund, where is the financial sense in that? And don’t rabbit on about reduced funding to South Yorks, I’m pretty sure a Labour Gov will rectify that, but the Uk will be £13 Billion per annum better off!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 06, 2024, 02:17:53 pm by Not Now Kato »

Good grief are you still mithering on about that! We put circa £13 billion in every year and got a £3 billion refund, where is the financial sense in that? And don’t rabbit on about reduced funding to South Yorks, I’m pretty sure a Labour Gov will rectify that, but the Uk will be £13 Billion per annum better off!

Gosh Sproty, so does that mean the Tories are now going to give the NHS the £350M a week that was promised?  In fact, based on your figures they could easily invest even more in our NHS.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 06, 2024, 04:55:37 pm by Sprotyrover »

Gosh Sproty, so does that mean the Tories are now going to give the NHS the £350M a week that was promised?  In fact, based on your figures they could easily invest even more in our NHS.
I’m Sure they can, especially as we are no longer prppping up France’s not so Old age Pension scheme!
By the way wasn’t it Margaret Thatcher that got us the rebate on membership, you liberal lefties have a great deal to thank her for!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 06, 2024, 08:50:05 pm by SydneyRover »

I’m Sure they can, especially as we are no longer prppping up France’s not so Old age Pension scheme!
By the way wasn’t it Margaret Thatcher that got us the rebate on membership, you liberal lefties have a great deal to thank her for!

On the money as usual sprot, it makes you wonder who signed such a bad deal for the UK, aye?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 06, 2024, 09:09:58 pm by SydneyRover »
Seems such a long time ago now ....................

''The Treaty of Accession was signed in January 1972 by prime minister Edward Heath, leader of the Conservative Party''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_the_United_Kingdom_to_the_European_Communities#:~:text=The%20Treaty%20of%20Accession%20was,leader%20of%20the%20Conservative%20Party.

I think he was a tory, right?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 06, 2024, 10:38:27 pm by Not Now Kato »

Ah, yes, typical right wing mantra; lets bring everyone down to the lowest denominator, can't have them forins being better off than us!  I'm sure you'll be happy when the UK's retirement age is up to 71.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/feb/05/uk-state-pension-age-will-soon-need-to-rise-to-71-say-experts?utm_term=65c06b5bac00b9ee1a56e84792ae6e8b&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 07, 2024, 07:07:43 am by Sprotyrover »

Ah, yes, typical right wing mantra; lets bring everyone down to the lowest denominator, can't have them forins being better off than us!  I'm sure you'll be happy when the UK's retirement age is up to 71.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/feb/05/uk-state-pension-age-will-soon-need-to-rise-to-71-say-experts?utm_term=65c06b5bac00b9ee1a56e84792ae6e8b&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email
It’ll soon be 81 if they don’t reign in the small boats!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 07, 2024, 08:24:57 am by DonnyOsmond »

That'd be dramatic especially seeing as France get roughly 50% more than us and we get 3x less than Germany.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:27:30 am by DonnyOsmond »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 07, 2024, 09:51:54 am by Not Now Kato »

Genuine question Sprot, what effect on your daily life have these asylum seekers had?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 07, 2024, 05:46:14 pm by Sprotyrover »

Genuine question Sprot, what effect on your daily life have these asylum seekers had?
Apart from the one the Police arrested in the early hours last week trying to break into someone’s house with a claw hammer? In our sleepy secluded village.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 07, 2024, 06:04:37 pm by ravenrover »
You obviously don't live in Sprotty any more, sleepy secluded?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 07, 2024, 06:38:41 pm by Sprotyrover »
You obviously don't live in Sprotty any more, sleepy secluded?
a couple of miles further onto the Escarpment!
It would be sleepy if it weren’t for the Eastern European bodger builder Fly Tippers, the late middle aged  men ‘Dogging’ ! The shirt fronts roaring up and down the fields and lanes on Off Road Bikes and Quads, the Deer poachers, hare coursers Lamping all night, idiots trying to break the Land speed record on the straight mile, the Drug dealers and their adolescent Vauxhall Corsa Driving (badly) clients, shirt fronts having a drive out to an area of outstanding national beauty and trying to bring down to their level by chucking the remains of Macdonalds and KFC’s and tins of cheep Lager and Cider wherever it pleases them! Apart from that relatively sleepy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 06:48:49 pm by Sprotyrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 07, 2024, 09:54:54 pm by SydneyRover »
that's quite a chip you have there sprot, what have you done about any of it?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 07, 2024, 10:36:11 pm by Sprotyrover »
that's quite a chip you have there sprot, what have you done about any of it?
Wrote to my Mp Useless Ed, set up a pressure group to constantly ring in complaints to the Police(they only do owt if you shout and make multiple complaints), the group has successfully cajoled the cops into stopping , checking and Moving on the Doggers, sent numerous complaints to the motorcycle Off road team resulting in them spending 50% of their patrol time in Doncaster,
Made 3 Complaints of criminal damage re The new Wire fences being cut, constantly advising fellow disgruntled Residents to heckle the Police into action. Made numerous complaint's of Fly tipping to DMBC. Contacted the speed enforcement unit to get speed checks into the village set up 2 annual volunteer litter picks, rang Probation to get Community Service tosspots litter picking in the Area etc

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 07, 2024, 10:45:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
Oh and the other week whilst walking my very large dog I came across a shitty transit van Back doors open with 2 Roma Slovak tosspots about to hurl a scrapped bathroom into a nature reserve, I shouted at them desperately pleading with them to stop despoiling the beautiful  British countryside and by signalling to them with my 6 foot long walking staff, they clearly realised it was not a suitable place to dump their old Bathroom suite and rapidly departed, I ran after them begging and pleading with them to stop and let me beg them to err in their ways but they merely accelerated as though they were trying to escape from the Devil himself !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 10:50:00 pm by Sprotyrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 07, 2024, 10:49:50 pm by SydneyRover »
Excellent sprot, I take from your posts that you have lived in Sprotland for maybe all your life, you are part of the community. That you take part in the community is good news and shows that you care. Slagging off others from different backgrounds doesn't help you case though and gives the impression to me anyway that you want to turn the clock back to some mythical period. Take heart from how the GFA came into being and how Israel/Gaza will be solved, not from the day to day headlines but from those working in the background for decades bringing peoples of diverse backgrounds together to show that underneath we are all very much alike.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 07, 2024, 10:55:54 pm by Sprotyrover »
Excellent sprot, I take from your posts that you have lived in Sprotland for maybe all your life, you are part of the community. That you take part in the community is good news and shows that you care. Slagging off others from different backgrounds doesn't help you case though and gives the impression to me anyway that you want to turn the clock back to some mythical period. Take heart from how the GFA came into being and how Israel/Gaza will be solved, not from the day to day headlines but from those working in the background for decades bringing peoples of diverse backgrounds together to show that underneath we are all very much alike.
you have a good point there Sydders I have consistently tried the gentle approach but I now know that carrying a huge cudgel around with me and remonstrating with them in a more positive fashion gets better results!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 10:58:13 pm by Sprotyrover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 08, 2024, 09:22:05 am by DonnyOsmond »
Oh and the other week whilst walking my very large dog I came across a shitty transit van Back doors open with 2 Roma Slovak tosspots about to hurl a scrapped bathroom into a nature reserve, I shouted at them desperately pleading with them to stop despoiling the beautiful  British countryside and by signalling to them with my 6 foot long walking staff, they clearly realised it was not a suitable place to dump their old Bathroom suite and rapidly departed, I ran after them begging and pleading with them to stop and let me beg them to err in their ways but they merely accelerated as though they were trying to escape from the Devil himself !

Thought this was going to be an erotic novel at this point.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 08, 2024, 10:27:49 am by Not Now Kato »

Apart from the one the Police arrested in the early hours last week trying to break into someone’s house with a claw hammer? In our sleepy secluded village.

Not your house?  So you weren't affected at all then.

And how do you know he was an asylum seeker?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 08, 2024, 10:44:37 am by SydneyRover »
Gosh sprot would have had to get pretty close to some of the goings on to be able to provide that sort of detail, I think there's a name for that.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 08, 2024, 10:47:47 am by Not Now Kato »

Is your real name Walter Mitty by any chance Sprot?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 08, 2024, 10:56:17 am by Sprotyrover »

Not your house?  So you weren't affected at all then.

And how do you know he was an asylum seeker?
police told me when they called for me to check my Cctv

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 08, 2024, 10:57:59 am by SydneyRover »
So they hadn't caught them at that point sprot?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012