Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:15:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe video  (Read 3107 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe video
« Reply #30 on February 24, 2024, 01:02:18 am by Ryaldinhio »
I take that means you're not going to the meeting

Let me know when it is and I will do my best to meet you there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 24, 2024, 01:05:08 am by SydneyRover »

You don't need my help do you? you're a big boy behind the keyboard, contact the club and register there.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 24, 2024, 01:52:34 am by Ryaldinhio »

You don't need my help do you? you're a big boy behind the keyboard, contact the club and register there.

Talk about pot and kettle.

:byebye:

I know my opinions are outdated by our state driven media.  :chair:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 24, 2024, 05:34:33 am by Nudga »
Wait until the MAPs idea comes over from America.

Back on the original topic.

Gender Fluid
Someone who is fluid -- also called gender fluid -- is a person whose gender identity (the gender they identify with most) is not fixed. It can change over time or from day-to-day. Fluid is a form of gender identity or gender expression, rather than a sexual orientation.

This bit is also known as attention seeking.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 05:37:55 am by Nudga »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 24, 2024, 05:42:04 am by Nudga »
Transphobes continue to be the most boring set of Kitsons on the planet. Imagine the sort of absolute freak you have to be to start kicking off about the video in the OP.

Trans people have been around for as long as humans have. There are records going back thousands of years. People have been medically transitioning for over a century. Just leave them alone for f**ks sake.

Some of the responses on here show why videos like this are needed. Well done the club and Tommy for doing the right thing.

Yep, "Kitsons" or mostly just "Kitson" are my pronouns in my email bio. I go from one to the other depending on how many people I think I am at any given time.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 24, 2024, 07:43:17 am by adamtherover »
I've seen first hand that this transgender shite is a mental illness or mental frailty. Impressionable young kids being indoctrinated on YouTube by freaks being sponsored by who knows what.
Luckily my three kids have the mental resilience to ignore this new trend and be normal kids.

I do however, fully support the LG and B community, some who are my friends and share the same views as me with regards to the 70 odd different genders.

LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!
for full transparencies,  I don't care how folk live their lives, but let's get it right..   70 genders? There's 2, men or women. 2 physical states, determined by xx or xy chromosomes.  The other 68 are emotional states of mind sitting on top of xx or xy. And to be fair, if a biological man wants to transitional,  he has one option. Same with biological women, they go the other way. The old identifying as a cat nonsense is sadly a mental illness, and thus I wish those affected all the best with some sort of recovery.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 24, 2024, 08:17:42 am by Chris Black come back »
The most absurd aspect of this thread was the immediate pivot from not liking this to we won’t win a war with this. As if billions of advanced weaponry and a nuclear deterrent counted for nothing, let alone that doubtless trans people can be as ruthless or useless with a gun in their hand as the next person. An astounding thread.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 24, 2024, 08:20:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'm really looking forward to the next Doncaster Rovers video about straight history month.

Sure they will already be on with this in the interest of equality for all.

And all the above will be well behind us promoting straight heterosexual relationships, marriage, strong home upbringing.

What the f**k has happened to this pit town? In 1 generation seems most of the men have gone.

Such a shame.

I didn't realise straight people felt marginalised to need a day, week or month created for them.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 24, 2024, 08:25:00 am by The Beast »
Sorry BR but there are two genders and that is that.

What a load of shite.

Never win a war again with this crap being promoted to the kids.
Don’t really see what winning a war has got to do with gender equality but I’m sure if I watch GB News they’ll tell me.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 24, 2024, 08:34:43 am by adamtherover »
I'm really looking forward to the next Doncaster Rovers video about straight history month.

And all the above will be well behind us promoting straight heterosexual relationships, marriage, strong home upbringing.

What the f**k has happened to this pit town? In 1 generation seems most of the men have gone.

Such a shame.

I didn't realise straight people felt marginalised to need a day, week or month created for them.
the middle aged white straight male is the most vile creature walking the face of the earth according to some media outlets. If you are white you have had a lifetime of white privilege so are automatically racist, if you are straight, you are automatically homophobic, if you are male you are automatically misogynistic!!!
1 phrase springs to mind " I'm happy that you are proud of your sexuality, but why are you so desperate for me to be proud of your sexuality?"

Good luck to em..

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 24, 2024, 08:41:01 am by graingrover »
This issue is dealt with differently from society to society as are most moral issues .However surely in a democracy liberalism should not be seen as something to criticise or mock but rather tolerate .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 24, 2024, 08:49:26 am by DonnyOsmond »

Such a shame.

the middle aged white straight male is the most vile creature walking the face of the earth according to some media outlets. If you are white you have had a lifetime of white privilege so are automatically racist, if you are straight, you are automatically homophobic, if you are male you are automatically misogynistic!!!
1 phrase springs to mind " I'm happy that you are proud of your sexuality, but why are you so desperate for me to be proud of your sexuality?"

Good luck to em..

Don't forget the giant chips on their shoulders too, eh.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 24, 2024, 08:54:25 am by The Beast »

Such a shame.

Good luck to em..

Which media outlets tell you that? Or more to the point, which media outlets tell you that other media outlets are saying that? Don’t fall for it, it’s called divide and rule.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 24, 2024, 08:54:51 am by tommy toes »
Because of the hooha on this thread, I watched the video this morning.
She comes across as a very positive person who's trying to work hard and break down prejudice.
Nothing to get hot under the collar about.
Tommy knows her well and appears to like her and treats her as she should be treated, just another person.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 24, 2024, 09:10:44 am by nice one rovers »
I’ve watched the interview.
I don’t see how it, or the topic it discussed affects me or anyone else adversely.
There’s a few angry and worrying people on this thread.weird how quickly it turned into our chances in a non existent war, and the memory of the war dead?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 24, 2024, 09:19:06 am by DonnyOsmond »
It's just the similar kind of people that made a big issue of gay people decades ago. It will take a few years of ignorant prejudice, people getting assaulted, etc, but eventually we will be in a country it's more accepting. The people in this thread who have made the issue on it need to work out which side they want to be on and whether their kids and grandkids will be proud of them in later life.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 24, 2024, 09:22:30 am by Nudga »
I want to be on the side that doesn't exploit the mental health of children.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 24, 2024, 09:22:59 am by Ryaldinhio »
I have nothing against Charlie, but no one can deny Charlie was born with a penis.

If Charlie wants to grow his hair and pretend to be a girl that is up to Charlie.

Quite why we need a month to publicise and celebrate all of the Charlies out there baffles me. It is a media driven charade.

I have nothing against people doing what they want, we don't need the song and dance about it.

It would be nice to see as many poppies sold as rainbow flags.

But it seems a lot on here are in support of the celebrations and I am in the minority so I will get my coat.

:coat:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 24, 2024, 09:26:25 am by vaya »

What a load of shite.

Our capacity to win a war is far more likely to be reduced by a mis-firing Nuclear deterrent and two carriers that don't work.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 24, 2024, 09:36:42 am by Jonathan »
Tommy Rowe says at the end of the video “we’ve still got a long way to go” (before we can live in an equitable, welcoming and accepting society) and this thread is certainly evidence of that.

It can feel like quite a complex issue (presumably that’s why there’s a history month - to educate) but surely the least we can all do (again as the video says) is treat people as we would want to be treated and not subject others to detriment unfairly.

It’s clear that lots of people on this thread have been gaslighted by GB News and the Daily Mail etc. into getting angry about toilets, wars and mental illnesses. It makes for a depressing read, but it certainly shows the value in someone like Tommy Rowe taking a short time out of his schedule to confront the stigmas and stereotypes.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 24, 2024, 09:44:21 am by roversdude »
I honestly think highlighting things sometimes has a negative effect. I see the person as the person not Charlie the transgender merely Charlie

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 24, 2024, 09:54:44 am by Jonathan »
I honestly think highlighting things sometimes has a negative effect. I see the person as the person not Charlie the transgender merely Charlie

I get what you’re saying, but the biggest life lesson I’ve learned is that things are much bigger than just how I see them. I’m not ashamed to admit I had to be reminded in recent years that, just because I personally don’t see or feel prejudices in my workplace, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. They do and they can whether I like it of see it or not. This thread shows just how quickly a well-meaning video can spiral into all sorts. There’s some anger and resentment behind that and I think that’s why, sadly, we can’t just trust that people will treat others with respect and these campaigns have a place. It’s the equity vs equality argument.

The current government and the right wing media have a lot to answer for in the way they incite what we see on this thread.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:57:00 am by Jonathan »

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 24, 2024, 10:02:48 am by Scooter »
I’m just watched the video. So this debate has actually raised awareness of the subject. The video is really good and it is baffling that people have been triggered.
It is brilliant that we are an inclusive club. People on here moan if we don’t sell enough tickets, or have empty seats but I bet a rovers fan from the LGBTQ+ community would stay away if they read this thread.
People from these communities have been persecuted for years, the Germans used to burn them during the holocaust, the stigmatizing experiences of the AIDS pandemic in the 80s, unprovoked attacked just because of their sexuality. Unfortunately it’s a long list of negative experiences that people have encountered

Being Trans or gay is not a diagnosable mental illness (used to be but not anymore)

No wonder professional footballers don’t come out as gay. There will be some (Jake Daniels springs to mind).

Imagine the meltdown if we signed an openly gay player.

There is a huge community of heterosexual people who fraudulently claim benefits, refuse to work, commit crimes and in some cases are just unkind people.

It doesn’t hurt to be kind. The work that Charlie is doing is great, and she/they help other people. That should be supported

How would you cope if you needed help from the emergency services then you realised they were from the LGBTQ community?

Times move on, let’s move into 2024 and get back to complaining about the football
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 10:05:16 am by Scooter »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 24, 2024, 10:32:59 am by wilts rover »

What a load of shite.

What’s the problem? People have the freedom to be who and what they want to be.

Anyway the next war will happen remotely.

I have got no issues with people doing what they want and be who they want to be, they don't have to shove it in everyone's faces.

We have rememberance DAY for all the servicemen and women that have lost their lives for our country

But

we have gay pride and LGBTQ+ MONTH?

Really?????????

There should be no promotion of any sexual preference or perceived gender selection.

There is no discussion to be had here.

I have no problems people doing what they want...

and then goes on to criticise people doing what they want. Hmmm...

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 24, 2024, 10:39:33 am by andyst79 »
Regardless of gender, age, sexuality or race.

All Rovers aren't we?
Yeah I identify as a supporter of a shit 4th tier South Yorkshire football team

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 24, 2024, 10:44:57 am by wilts rover »
Tommy Rowe says at the end of the video “we’ve still got a long way to go” (before we can live in an equitable, welcoming and accepting society) and this thread is certainly evidence of that.

It can feel like quite a complex issue (presumably that’s why there’s a history month - to educate) but surely the least we can all do (again as the video says) is treat people as we would want to be treated and not subject others to detriment unfairly.

It’s clear that lots of people on this thread have been gaslighted by GB News and the Daily Mail etc. into getting angry about toilets, wars and mental illnesses. It makes for a depressing read, but it certainly shows the value in someone like Tommy Rowe taking a short time out of his schedule to confront the stigmas and stereotypes.

It's important to remember that not so long ago someone (a girl) was murdered just because she was like Charlie.

The people who murdered her had the ideas implanted in them that she was not who she was and was not allowed to be accepted because of that. As expressed by a number of posters in this thread.

Why some people want to control other people's lives is best known to them. But congratulations to Tommy for making the video. It clearly needed making.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 24, 2024, 10:47:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wait until the MAPs idea comes over from America.

Back on the original topic.

Gender Fluid
Someone who is fluid -- also called gender fluid -- is a person whose gender identity (the gender they identify with most) is not fixed. It can change over time or from day-to-day. Fluid is a form of gender identity or gender expression, rather than a sexual orientation.

This bit is also known as attention seeking.

Well, they've got YOUR attention anyway.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 24, 2024, 11:04:45 am by Canadian Rover »
The video is great and definitely worth a listen for anyone and everyone. I understand how many on here struggle to agree or understand the changing world we live in (I know I do) and whilst I personally don't agree with what people identify as always and certainly don't understand it it doesn't mean I am not trying to learn and be accepting of this.

This original post on the content was I bet supposed to be positive and not necessarily controversial. I do ask for all those with a negative viewpoint to watch the video before calling judgement on that in particular.

Also mods, please consider moving this away from off topic and back to viking chat. The video was about our club, our fan base, our foundation and although it's a mixed reaction it's definitely not off topic it's certainly club related.

It would be great if we could just all try to learn not necessarily agree on things but be tolerant of each other.

It certainly should not be off topic - that helps nobody.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:07:16 am by Canadian Rover »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 24, 2024, 11:14:01 am by Jonathan »
I agree, not sure why this was moved off topic. It’s entirely about our club and its efforts to be inclusive.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 24, 2024, 11:21:41 am by ncRover »
I have nothing against Charlie, but no one can deny Charlie was born with a penis.

If Charlie wants to grow his hair and pretend to be a girl that is up to Charlie.

Quite why we need a month to publicise and celebrate all of the Charlies out there baffles me. It is a media driven charade.

I have nothing against people doing what they want, we don't need the song and dance about it.

It would be nice to see as many poppies sold as rainbow flags.

But it seems a lot on here are in support of the celebrations and I am in the minority so I will get my coat.

:coat:

This is a strange way to be talking about a club employee on the fans forum.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012