Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:49:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Swindon Town game  (Read 5989 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Swindon Town game
« on March 12, 2024, 11:15:16 am by selby »
  The next one up after the Colchester game was postponed we play a team that ran Mansfield very close last Saturday and play Accrington tonight in a home game double header with our game on Saturday they will want to and probably expect to pick points up.
  A team that have a good record of scoring goals at home 35 in number before the Accrington game tonight but also let their fair share of goals in their own net especially away from home, so must look to play attractive football, a type of game that could suit our style.
   Our away record of only three wins  in eighteen games could do with improvement, although our display at Bradford hopefully bodes well for better things to come with our more robust style in midfield  looking to serve us better than the tepid showing at Walsall.
   At least the cancelation gives our walking wounded time to recover from the Crewe game and we should be going into the game confident and more enthusiastic after our better form of late, and the visible better mood of the management team, with things looking far better than the period just before the new year, and at least now look to play the ball forward quicker and give our attackers more chance of doing something to effect the game.
  According to their manager in the game at Mansfield they were all over the place and conceded after four minutes ( welcome to our world) so if repeated the start to the game could be interesting the same thing one of our recurring problems.
  Swindon like ourselves and a number of other sides in the lower divisions always strike me as having more about them than kicking about in the lower reaches of the EFL, hopefully we can get a result and keep them there for a couple of more weeks.
    So what do you think? we will know more about their game tomorrow and no doubt will scout the game tonight to get the latest on their form and tactics while sitting with our feet up at home.
  They will not be easy opposition, and we might just benefit from the few days more rest on heavy pitches and some injuries clearing up. A long journey, are you going? and a chance for some of our southern based supporters who turn out in numbers when we are down there to see the lads play.
  Lot's to discuss, and more time to look at this fixture with our game off tonight, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Fal

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Swindon Town game
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2024, 12:19:21 pm by Fal »
I just have awful memories of the reverse fixture and THAT refereeing performance from Ed Duckworth!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2024, 01:12:37 pm by Campsall rover »
I just have awful memories of the reverse fixture and THAT refereeing performance from Ed Duckworth!!
We can’t get a worse ref. So that is at least some comfort.

A winnable game and one we should be going into with plenty of confidence.
They are suspect defensively. We need to get on the front foot and take the game to them. Let them worry about us.
Looking forward to going to this one as I have not been to Swindon in the last few years. Been one I have missed.
Last one was a 1-1 draw. Paolo Di Canio was manager and was like a lunatic on the touch line.

Quietly confident we will get the 3 points. If we play our A game we can beat any team in this league.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2024, 01:35:51 pm by ForsolongaRover »

They are suspect defensively. We need to get on the front foot and take the game to them. Let them worry about us.
Looking forward to going to this one as I have not been to Swindon in the last few years. Been one I have missed.
Last one was a 1-1 draw. Paolo Di Canio was manager and was like a lunatic on the touch line.

Quietly confident we will get the 3 points. If we play our A game we can beat any team in this league.

…and you should have heard him on local radio; rather like Trump they couldn’t shut him up!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2024, 02:39:36 pm by Spud »
I think we've a better chance now tonight's game is off, the Crewe game was a massive effort from the lads, to ask em to go again tonight & then Saturday again I think we might have struggled.
Let's hope we start well, & on the front foot, can't see why we can't bring the points home if so.

See you there, lads & lasses

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2024, 03:57:29 pm by Campsall rover »

…and you should have heard him on local radio; rather like Trump they couldn’t shut him up!
I did hear that interview. Talk about a rant. The guy is crazy. Quite mad. 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2024, 05:34:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
It will be interesting to see how the teams just above us perform this evening.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2024, 08:13:06 pm by wilts rover »
Swindon have won one in their last 8 (before tonight) and only 2 (in 12) this calendar year.

They are very much in the opposite vein of form to us and heading the wrong way down the table.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 12, 2024, 09:10:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
The are fairly tight at home. Only lost 5 times at home in the league all season and these have been against good sides in Stockport, Wrexham, Barrow, Gillingham and MK Dons.

They do score a lot. Only really Wrexham and Notts County have scored more league goals at home.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 12, 2024, 09:16:05 pm by ncRover »
The are fairly tight at home. Only lost 5 times at home in the league all season and these have been against good sides in Stockport, Wrexham, Barrow, Gillingham and MK Dons.

They do score a lot. Only really Wrexham and Notts County have scored more league goals at home.

A lot of their goals came in the first half of the season. Last 10 games on the form table we have scored more.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 12, 2024, 09:42:08 pm by IDM »
Lost 1-2

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 12, 2024, 09:53:19 pm by WarwickRover »

Why?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2024, 09:06:10 am by Campsall rover »

Why?
Why not?  We want to finish above them don’t we? 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2024, 10:57:28 am by selby »
  That 1-1 draw was a robbery, we didn't have a shot at goal and their defender put a cross into the box in the net.
  Our keeper that day who get's pelters on here had a blinder and DiCanio  was the best entertainment of the day ranting and gesticulating up and down the touch line egged on by a bunch of our supporters at the front of the stand who gave him rock all, a great day out, topped off by the fact their forwards missed a load of chances, which just encouraged DiCanio to go ballistic.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2024, 04:28:09 pm by Scooter »
Any weather related risks to this game? It keeps bloody raining

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 15, 2024, 07:42:30 pm by Scooter »
Anyone got any parking tips?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 15, 2024, 08:05:22 pm by wilts rover »
Any weather related risks to this game? It keeps bloody raining

Shouldn't be a problem. We had a couple of sharp showers today but it's been mostly dry this week and nothing much forecast for tomorrow.
Bring a coat though.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 15, 2024, 09:27:45 pm by karldew »
Anyone got any parking tips?

Check your mirrors, don’t hit anyone and park between the lines.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 16, 2024, 07:49:14 am by wilts rover »
Lovely morning here in Wiltshire, clear blue skies although it is forecast to cloud over this afternoon.

For anyone driving the road from the M4 - J16 to Swindon Town Centre is closed due to a burst water main. So probably best to avoid this junction and use J15 - A419 and A259 instead.

Spud

• VSC Member

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 16, 2024, 07:54:07 am by Campsall rover »
Lovely morning here in Wiltshire, clear blue skies although it is forecast to cloud over this afternoon.

For anyone driving the road from the M4 - J16 to Swindon Town Centre is closed due to a burst water main. So probably best to avoid this junction and use J15 - A419 and A259 instead.
Met office have changed it to 80% rain by kick off time Wilts.
Going to take my coat.   ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 16, 2024, 08:04:23 am by wilts rover »

Met office have changed it to 80% rain by kick off time Wilts.
Going to take my coat.   ;)

Good advice Campsall. I am going to take my washing in before I leave.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 16, 2024, 10:57:21 am by rover-n-out »
I hope big Tom and Woods can keep it tight at the back and snuff out any threat from Charlie Austin if he's playing. Another one of those nightmare names that always seem to pop up now and again!! COYR!!

oliver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 16, 2024, 11:08:27 am by oliver »
Why is ifollow advertising next week's game v fgr as video it is a 3oclock k.o.?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 16, 2024, 11:10:28 am by Chris Black come back »
Why is ifollow advertising next week's game v fgr as video it is a 3oclock k.o.?

International weekend so screening permitted.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 16, 2024, 03:37:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
iFollow commentary today is hilarious. Hoden doing his best to commentate while a Swindon fan near him is going absolutely spare, constant stream of swearing, picking fight with fellow Swindon fan. Truly comedic.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 16, 2024, 04:10:59 pm by MachoMadness »
Biamou. Enough said.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 16, 2024, 05:00:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Good win that, especially again given the injuries to a number of players.  Important for me that we hung on to it, that's been a big weakness for us away.

Better players make a difference, more clinical.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 16, 2024, 05:03:41 pm by dknward2 »
Think Biamou needs a contract next season if he can prove he can do this week in week out, all the clubs in this league seem to have that old head that just knows what to do and how to win a ‘foul’

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 16, 2024, 05:04:37 pm by normal rules »
Just looking at the table. Unbelievable to think that if rovers win next game and notts county lose we go above them . Their fall has been spectacular .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012