Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:32:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Form table?  (Read 2939 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Form table?
« on March 16, 2024, 05:08:51 pm by adamtherover »
Last 8 games, 17pts out of 24!!!!!  Injuries are not effecting our run due to the strength of the bench.. such a shame about the slow start,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: Form table?
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2024, 05:16:08 pm by drfcsteve »
It really is such a shame, 5/6 more points from our awful start and we’d be genuine playoff challengers.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 16, 2024, 05:31:18 pm by dickos1 »
Last 8 games, 17pts out of 24!!!!!  Injuries are not effecting our run due to the strength of the bench.. such a shame about the slow start,
If we continue that form over the next 8 games we could be around the playoffs

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 16, 2024, 05:35:28 pm by StocksArmy »
Jones, Olowu, Rowe and Close not being in the team is no secret in the upturn of form. TLT, Anderson/ Wood partnership, Bailey in midfield with Craig allowing Biggins to move forward and obviously Adelakun leaves no space for the 4 I first mentioned in the lineup. Thats why we are now scoring goals, producing wins and not conceding as many. Some propper character about the team now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 05:42:15 pm by StocksArmy »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 16, 2024, 05:37:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Lovely that we've picked up so well, but repeating that form over the next 8 matches wouldn't get us close to the playoffs.

Win the last 9 and we'd have an evens chance.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 16, 2024, 05:39:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I don't think so Dickos - that would give us 63 points with 1 to play. More than 66 will be needed - I reckon between 70-72.

IMHO Morecambe in 12th (54 points from 37 games) are the lowest team to have a real shot. Someone between 7th and 12th will have a good run in.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 16, 2024, 05:39:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

I remember this post of yours on this thread below and now you can see how my ramblings have come home to roost and embaress you

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=289555.msg1275637#msg1275637

it wasn't  one of your smartest posts

please please read this thread in it's entirety

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 16, 2024, 05:44:09 pm by colincramb »

It won’t. We need to win all our last 9 games. Which would mean we’d have won 11 in a row. That won’t take place. But, it’s encouraging how Grant has us playing now. It’s all about next season now. As someone has mentioned, such a shame about the awful start. Even just 2 wins in that period would have given us a great shot of 6th/7th place.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 16, 2024, 05:46:20 pm by adamtherover »

I remember this post of yours on this thread below and now you can see how my ramblings have come home to roost and embaress you

how ironic that someone accused a fellow poster of embarrassing themselves but spells it embaress. Oh dear, when you have the spelling prowess of someone higher than year 6, I will engage with you, till then, good day sir.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2024, 05:55:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I don't think so Dickos - that would give us 63 points with 1 to play. More than 66 will be needed - I reckon between 70-72.

IMHO Morecambe in 12th (54 points from 37 games) are the lowest team to have a real shot. Someone between 7th and 12th will have a good run in.

My model was saying 73 points for 7th place before today. I'd not looked at 7th place before this week, so I don't know how steady that has been.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 16, 2024, 06:00:37 pm by adamtherover »

My model was saying 73 points for 7th place before today. I'd not looked at 7th place before this week, so I don't know how steady that has been.
win all 9 games, and that gives us 73 PTS, sorted!!!!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2024, 06:07:27 pm by normal rules »
Rovers could win the remaining 9 games and they still wouldn’t make the playoffs . Close but no cigar.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2024, 06:11:30 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe not
But if we’d played the same as Wimbledon and had won those 2 games in hand we would currently be 5 points off the playoffs with 7 games to go.
We wouldn’t be saying we have no chance

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2024, 06:18:59 pm by normal rules »
I’d be made up if rovers continue this run. And wouldn’t it set next season nicely ?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2024, 06:26:12 pm by NickDRFC »
Even within that run 4 of those points have been dropped to late equalisers at Bradford & Salford. If only…

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2024, 06:29:37 pm by adamtherover »
Grants January recruitment has been top quality,  if he can get any where close in the summer,  coupled with the head of medical now getting on top of injuries, we must be feeling good about next season..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 07:05:51 pm by adamtherover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 16, 2024, 06:46:27 pm by drfchound »
Maybe not
But if we’d played the same as Wimbledon and had won those 2 games in hand we would currently be 5 points off the playoffs with 7 games to go.

You have to consider also though that other teams have games in hand on Wimbledon.
That could change that five point gap to something bigger.
For example, if Crawley win their three in hand they would be on 64 points now.
Walsall could go to 59,  Newport 58 and Morecambe 60.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 16, 2024, 06:50:02 pm by Peebles Rover »
Worth highlighting that we are top of the league for form over the last 8 games. It certainly feels like we’ve well and truly turned the tanker around after 3 seasons of decline

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 16, 2024, 06:50:12 pm by Prez »
How the hell are we only 2 points behind Notts County in the league? The gap after they beat us at Xmas must have been huge.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 16, 2024, 06:53:01 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe not

You have to consider also though that other teams have games in hand on Wimbledon.

Yeah I agree mate
But all I’m saying is if we were sat here 5 points off the playoffs with 7 games left we wouldn’t be saying we’ve no chance

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 16, 2024, 06:58:02 pm by normal rules »
Rovers finished with 55 points last season. Would be nice to finish with more . And on current form that shouldn’t be an issue . The comparison would not be worthy though , given the dire start to this season . The turnaround has been quite amazing .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 16, 2024, 07:11:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe not

Yeah I agree mate
But all I’m saying is if we were sat here 5 points off the playoffs with 7 games left we wouldn’t be saying we’ve no chance

But that is a totally different argument to your "repeat the last 8 matches form and we're in the mix" starter.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 16, 2024, 07:16:34 pm by RoversInSpain »
Thank goodness for the last 9 games and the turnaround we’ve seen.
We were in big trouble, the recent excellent form has only moved us up 4 places since the Stockport mess.
Here’s to finishing higher than 18th, which would be progress and improvement.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 16, 2024, 07:19:35 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

how ironic that someone accused a fellow poster of embarrassing themselves but spells it embaress. Oh dear, when you have the spelling prowess of someone higher than year 6, I will engage with you, till then, good day sir.

------------------------------------------------------------

When I fist came across  students studying Ergonomics - i had an "Accrington Stanley Moment " the kid on the milk advert says  Accrington Stanley who the hell are they. I thought what the hell is Ergonomics !

From memory in the early days of Ergonomics  it was defined as something  like "matching the person to the task" or whatever

Sum of ya know that I do a lot of research ande dun't av a lot of time to spare on here.

I have just invented a term "Ergonomic writing "   matching the "quality"  of writing to the intelligenze of the audience - that's what I call "efficient communication" .   

A)  if I was in a court of law as say a "McKenzie friend" my prezzentation wud be immaculate.  I would always get my two favourite phrases in a defence. according to the demands of the Civil Procedure Rules

"for the avoidance of doubt" and a sekkond phrase "in the alternative"   - this is a phrase used by lawyers when their 1st pleading falls on "stony ground "and they move onto  to the 2nd pleading and it let's the Judge know the author of the defence knows  "the price of fish"

B) sending a phone text i might deliberately miss the vowels out the aim is to get the message across with the minimum "bit transfer"

C) on this site  i basically don't care a toss about my spelling - in later life one tends to forget (entweder oder) how the word is spelltt
as I said - using the internet makes you lazy and many peeple on 'ere wouldn't know whether a wurd is spellte korrectlie.

Your posting is totally without merit as hopefully you have found out.

As for the use of your word engage - the days of spending 1d to "get engaged in the toilet" are long gone - the usage of the word (an attempt to imply superiority) doesn't impress me - i got the t-shirt probably before you were born

Right we have had a bit of fun - time for me to do some serious work

For your homework :-

i am giving you a link in case you want to learn latin so you can be subjected to what i was in the last century
have a nice day 

https://archive.org/details/civisromanusread0000cobb/page/n1/mode/2up

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 16, 2024, 07:22:56 pm by Thorney »
Jones, Olowu, Rowe and Close not being in the team is no secret in the upturn of form. TLT, Anderson/ Wood partnership, Bailey in midfield with Craig allowing Biggins to move forward and obviously Adelakun leaves no space for the 4 I first mentioned in the lineup. Thats why we are now scoring goals, producing wins and not conceding as many. Some propper character about the team now.

While not fully discounting this stocks. But both tommy and joe have played big parts in this run we are on. While they are not considered starters. They have been solid when they have come on. Good players to have to come off the bench.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 16, 2024, 07:23:24 pm by EasyforDennis »
If TLT had started the season with us we would be in the play off positions at least right now!!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 16, 2024, 07:29:24 pm by scawsby steve »

------------------------------------------------------------

When I fist came across  students studying Ergonomics - i had an "Accrington Stanley Moment " the kid on the milk advert says  Accrington Stanley who the hell are they. I thought what the hell is Ergonomics !

From memory in the early days of Ergonomics  it was defined as something  like "matching the person to the task" or whatever

Sum of ya know that I do a lot of research ande dun't av a lot of time to spare on here.

I have just invented a term "Ergonomic writing "   matching the "quality"  of writing to the intelligenze of the audience - that's what I call "efficient communication" .   

A)  if I was in a court of law as say a "McKenzie friend" my prezzentation wud be immaculate.  I would always get my two favourite phrases in a defence. according to the demands of the Civil Procedure Rules

"for the avoidance of doubt" and a sekkond phrase "in the alternative"   - this is a phrase used by lawyers when their 1st pleading falls on "stony ground "and they move onto  to the 2nd pleading and it let's the Judge know the author of the defence knows  "the price of fish"

B) sending a phone text i might deliberately miss the vowels out the aim is to get the message across with the minimum "bit transfer"

C) on this site  i basically don't care a toss about my spelling - in later life one tends to forget (entweder oder) how the word is spelltt
as I said - using the internet makes you lazy and many peeple on 'ere wouldn't know whether a wurd is spellte korrectlie.

Your posting is totally without merit as hopefully you have found out.

As for the use of your word engage - the days of spending 1d to "get engaged in the toilet" are long gone - the usage of the word (an attempt to imply superiority) doesn't impress me - i got the t-shirt probably before you were born

Right we have had a bit of fun - time for me to do some serious work

For your homework :-

i am giving you a link in case you want to learn latin so you can be subjected to what i was in the last century
have a nice day 

https://archive.org/details/civisromanusread0000cobb/page/n1/mode/2up

Anyone? No, me neither.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 16, 2024, 07:31:10 pm by andyst79 »
Quote from: StocksArmy link=topic=290416.msg12
98002#msg1298002 date=1710610528
Yeah but how amazing would a fully fit Close be , playing with all these better players around him ?!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 07:36:03 pm by andyst79 »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 16, 2024, 07:31:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Scawsby sorry it's written above your pay grade !!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 16, 2024, 07:46:28 pm by BobG »
Mine too....

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012