Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can we do it?  (Read 28667 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Can we do it?
« Reply #300 on April 16, 2024, 10:03:56 pm by drfchound »
Three match ban so his season is done.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on April 16, 2024, 10:11:01 pm by streathamdave »
Looking at form and remaining fixtures not sure how much Crewe will have in the tank either.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on April 16, 2024, 10:13:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's definitely worth absorbing this incredible moment, when before there was uncertainty, now there is certainty. Form, PPG matters not, we CAN do this.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on April 16, 2024, 10:14:47 pm by donnyguy »
Crewe 12:30 kick off on Saturday against Wrexham

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on April 16, 2024, 10:15:39 pm by IDM »
Still loads of possible outcomes with the few games remaining for all sides..  all we can do is do our best to win on Saturday and see what happens elsewhere.  Forget we’ve won 8 on the bounce and how unlikely it is to win 9, just treat it as a new game.

No pressure then!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on April 16, 2024, 10:20:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Crewe could very easily lose their last 2 games
Home to Wrexham & away at Colchester.

There are so many permutations.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #306 on April 16, 2024, 10:21:13 pm by philsky »
It’s madness. Why was I glued to bbc L2 coverage tonight !!!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on April 16, 2024, 10:26:59 pm by ncRover »
Walsall will fancy their chances now as well

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on April 16, 2024, 10:34:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Looking at form and remaining fixtures not sure how much Crewe will have in the tank either.

For once this season, I want Wrexham to get a cricket score on Satdi

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on April 16, 2024, 10:34:57 pm by StocksArmy »
Walsall will fancy their chances now as well

If Walsall win their last 2 to get in, they will deserve it. 2 hard games they have.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on April 16, 2024, 10:38:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we want to go deeper into it (I'm not sure I have the mental capacity) there are now more teams who could consider themselves to be 'on the beach'.

Stockport confirmed Champions with Wrexham and Mansfield confirmed promoted. Congratulations to them but they have nowt to play for other than professional pride so we can't expect them (Wrexham & Mansfield) to do us any favours or any of the other teams who's got nowt to play for (Bradford!!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on April 16, 2024, 10:44:34 pm by dknward2 »
Wrexham and Mansfield can still finish 2nd or 3rd so will both keep up trying to win could be interesting if Crewe don't win any of their last games

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on April 16, 2024, 10:45:11 pm by colincramb »
I think that Walsall 90th minute winner could be quite significant, and is a bit of a kick in the knackers actually. I now think they could be our biggest contenders for 7th place. That winning goal could now mean the difference between having to win 2 of our last 3, or all our last 3. This obviously becomes irrelevant depending on Crawley and barrows last games.

Could be a massive goal that come the end of the season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on April 16, 2024, 10:49:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wrexham and Mansfield can still finish 2nd or 3rd so will both keep up trying to win could be interesting if Crewe don't win any of their last games

I think they'll take the opportunity to rest players and being in some of their peripheral players. Hope I'm wrong like!!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #314 on April 16, 2024, 11:14:50 pm by andysly »
Walsall's goal was a downer but otherwise this week has been good to us, even Colchester's win works for us. If they are safe come next Tuesday night we can go there and play a less motivated side, remember the disaster at Hartlepool..........

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on April 16, 2024, 11:48:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Fergie isn’t manager of either Wrexham or Mansfield thankfully. They would be on the beach if he was.
So hopefully they will both be going flat out to finish 2nd

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on April 16, 2024, 11:51:42 pm by Campsall rover »
I think there's some reality checks needed here.

If we make the playoffs, we'll have had to win something like 42 points from the last 17 games.

That's equivalent to 113 points over a full season.

It's better than even Penney's juggernaut of a team managed in the best spell of form I have ever seen from a Rovers side in Autumn 2003.

We have improved a lot, but we are a long way off being that good.
BST do you remember posting this. Yes of course you do.   :facepalm:   :)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on April 16, 2024, 11:57:15 pm by Campsall rover »
I think that Walsall 90th minute winner could be quite significant, and is a bit of a kick in the knackers actually. I now think they could be our biggest contenders for 7th place. That winning goal could now mean the difference between having to win 2 of our last 3, or all our last 3. This obviously becomes irrelevant depending on Crawley and barrows last games.

Could be a massive goal that come the end of the season.
I am thinking Crewe might lose their games and we will only need 2 wins and a draw to overtake them.
Barrow, Walsall & Rovers could finish 5/6/7th. Not necessarily in that order of course.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:06:24 am by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #318 on April 17, 2024, 12:52:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »

If we make the playoffs, we'll have had to win something like 42 points from the last 17 games.

It's better than even Penney's juggernaut of a team managed in the best spell of form I have ever seen from a Rovers side in Autumn 2003.

Yes of course I do, and I was right at that time. We'd just picked up 17 points from the previous 8 games. Excellent but not the once a century stuff that we needed.

Anyone who genuinely thought we were likely to win the next 6 on the bounce doesn't know much about football or probability.

It's still odds on that we won't end up getting 42+ points from our last 17 games. And (I shouldn't need to say this, but, y'know...this place) I'll be climbing the walls if we do.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on April 17, 2024, 06:12:08 am by turnbull for england »
Should it not come off, and allowing for the hope and excitement we have bear in mind if we make it to playoffs we will most likely be at worst a  draw off our best ever run of wins in our entire history, just hope there's no over reaction .From where we were in Jan to now has lit a fire back within the club and fans so whatever happens next year is going to be something to look forward to

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on April 17, 2024, 08:03:55 am by i_ateallthepies »
It certainly is finally in our own hands but let's not get carried away, that very well might require that we win another three games on the spin.  Only two months ago that was a feat that we could only dream about.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on April 17, 2024, 08:08:53 am by Campsall rover »

Yes of course I do, and I was right at that time. We'd just picked up 17 points from the previous 8 games. Excellent but not the once a century stuff that we needed.

Anyone who genuinely thought we were likely to win the next 6 on the bounce doesn't know much about football or probability.

It's still odds on that we won't end up getting 42+ points from our last 17 games. And (I shouldn't need to say this, but, y'know...this place) I'll be climbing the walls if we do.
I am not having a go at you. Just read your post back and thought wow. We really have almost pulled off something very very special. We are not there yet but it’s getting close. Just got to hold our nerve now.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on April 17, 2024, 08:36:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Whatever happens, I think this thread plus the '200/1'thread, could do with being stickied at the top for future reference, whenever we feel deflated. Just a reminder how things can change.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on April 17, 2024, 08:48:45 am by Upton Rover »
Crewe could very easily lose their last 2 games
Home to Wrexham & away at Colchester.

There are so many permutations.
I would think our last 3 games will be the hardest 3 of the seat, now that the pressure is on, with it been in our own hands. Our last 8 wins have been amazing but there was no pressure on the team then. I’m sure Grant will be able to settle them down and they will carry on this remarkable run

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on April 17, 2024, 08:55:37 am by Upton Rover »
I think we will average around 1.5 points per game in the remaining games.that leaves us on less than 60 points.
We have passed the 60 points, come on Rovers

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on April 17, 2024, 09:12:39 am by turnbull for england »
I think we will average around 1.5 points per game in the remaining games.that leaves us on less than 60 points.
We have passed the 60 points, come on Rovers

Let's be fair, all reasonable predictions said same. Matt le tissier wouldn't have putva quid on this run and he thinks government can make the sun shine

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on April 17, 2024, 09:34:31 am by Butchers Red »
Hang on, there's another side to worry about now - just heard it on SKY

Doncarrrrrster !

Muppets.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on April 17, 2024, 09:58:17 am by drfcsteve »
I wouldn’t have thought the Disney documentary would be happy at Wrexham giving up and settling for 3rd instead of going all out for runners up. If they get beat that leaves them with a max available of 73 same as us, but with a better goal difference.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #328 on April 17, 2024, 10:27:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's still a tough ask but now it's a mini league for us that we've barged in to.  One nobody expected.

Pressure is on a bit now, there's a bit of expectation so how we cope with that is intriguing.  Three tough games to come, it's gonna be a rollercoaster and one we're still not favourites to win.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on April 17, 2024, 10:57:57 am by ncRover »
Rovers at 12/1 for promotion looks good to me.

Crewe and Barrow poor in the last third of the season. No momentum at present.

And we’ve beat MK dons under their new manager pretty convincingly even before we became a juggernaut.

Only recently showed we’re a better side than Walsall too if they sneak in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012