Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:55:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England  (Read 2700 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: England
« Reply #60 on March 22, 2024, 10:59:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The USA kit doesn’t have the Stars and Stripes on it as far as I can tell. We don’t normally have St George’s flag either it’s the 3 lions.

Yeah it’s a bit dumb to change it up but it’s been done before (2012 olympics). Doesn’t bother me either way.

The disgrace is the price. It should be made in England if they are going to justify that price. The FA and Nike will talk a good game about ethics etc but you can bet the people actually making the shirts are been taken advantage of.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 23, 2024, 08:43:06 am by Campsall rover »
The USA kit doesn’t have the Stars and Stripes on it as far as I can tell. We don’t normally have St George’s flag either it’s the 3 lions.

Yeah it’s a bit dumb to change it up but it’s been done before (2012 olympics). Doesn’t bother me either way.

The disgrace is the price. It should be made in England if they are going to justify that price. The FA and Nike will talk a good game about ethics etc but you can bet the people actually making the shirts are been taken advantage of.
If this hadn’t been all over the media I wouldn’t even have noticed.
Yes it should be a Red Cross on White but really is this such a major issue.
As you say the big disgrace is the price.  Talk about exploitation. Taking the p..s  The profit margin must be enormous.
This shirt should be boycotted 100%
Anyone with 2 or more children buying it must be either very affluent or very stupid.
Don’t buy it and then they will have to reduce prices in the future.
It’s supply and demand. If there is little or no demand then the prices will come down.
The ball is in the consumers court as always.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 23, 2024, 09:22:44 am by Spilsby Red »
The trouble is Camps, there are the usual people that will continue to buy them. Hence why they continue to price them at these high prices.
It’s like ticket prices and sky sports prices etc. people continue to fund them.
Where there will be one person refusing to pay the price, there will be ten that buy it.
Never ending corruption from these big companies

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 23, 2024, 11:35:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, of all the bizarre stories about this flag, this one from the BBC website takes the biscuit.

Taxi driver Joe in Stirling said he had "steam" coming out of his ears: "People died for that flag thousands of years ago".

It's actually a little concerning just how little it takes to trigger this sort of reaction.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 23, 2024, 12:02:25 pm by NigelJ »
Well, of all the bizarre stories about this flag, this one from the BBC website takes the biscuit.

Taxi driver Joe in Stirling said he had "steam" coming out of his ears: "People died for that flag thousands of years ago".

It's actually a little concerning just how little it takes to trigger this sort of reaction.
Stirling? Why would they be asking someone in Scotland?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 23, 2024, 12:07:44 pm by wilts rover »

Stirling? Why would they be asking someone in Scotland?

They wouldn't. He would have commented on the original story on the BBC website and then they would have used his comments in an updated feature.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 23, 2024, 01:26:43 pm by ncRover »

You’re straw-manning this argument now. Basically suggesting “Either you aren’t bothered about the flag or you are as stupid as Joe in Stirling.”

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 23, 2024, 05:06:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You’re straw-manning this argument now. Basically suggesting “Either you aren’t bothered about the flag or you are as stupid as Joe in Stirling.”

I'd be a lot more receptive to "Don't touch the flag" arguments if a) people had been as vitriolic about it when the Tories and UKIP and other football teams were messing with it and b) there wasn't this weird argument that the colours are somehow "Woke".

Given those two points, I'll stick with my observation that this is snowflakes looking for something to be upset about.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 23, 2024, 05:19:52 pm by MachoMadness »

Bill Hicks had the best response to stuff like this.

"My daddy died for that flag!"
"Really? I bought mine."

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 23, 2024, 05:27:48 pm by mugnapper »

I remember in 1977 when a Bus Driver put his boot through his telly when the Sex Pistols were being interviewed by Bill Grundy.
I remember think8ng that was a very expensive way to demonstrate your anger, when you could just fire off a letter to Points of View for the price of a stamp.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 23, 2024, 05:37:56 pm by Silkscarf »
I predict we win the Euros and this becomes the best-selling shirt of all time. Someone will even make flags in those colours.

It just looks a bit naff to me and ridiculously expensive, just like every other England shirt since 1973. But overall it's not the worst we've ever had. The previous one was terrible.

Here's my design: Long sleeve, cotton, 3 lions badge. Choice of white (home) or red (away). No other logos, flags or any other nonsense.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 23, 2024, 07:01:44 pm by ncRover »
A man as despicable as Kyle Walker being the England captain?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012