Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:18:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crawley game  (Read 3875 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Crawley game
« on March 24, 2024, 05:59:28 pm by selby »
After getting over the line with our third league win on the trot impressively against Forest Green Rovers we need to attempt a harder task playing Crawley away who are also on three successive wins in  the League and sit top of the current six game form league to our second. so a very tough ask.
  They have one of the leagues top marksmen in Orsi who scored his sixteenth league goal which saw them move into the play off positions with an impressive 3-1 win at Tranmere yesterday.
   Their home form is a bit hit or miss winning 10 games losing 7 and only drawing 1 but have scored 31 times in the process similar to our own form but more goals at home in a season we the supporters don't think that memorable up to press.
   This game really could be a season changer for us combined with the Wrexham game next up at home, win both and the bet is we will get giddy on here, and  start to look up rather than down.
  Another six days rest might see us have choices to make who actually plays, and might come down to us having choices on tactical grounds, and interesting discussions on here who would be preferred. Grant and Cliff at last look like they are getting a tune out of the playing staff, who are looking much more a team with confidence and competitive spirit than just a couple of months ago and a team us the supporters hoped for at the start of the season.
 So what do you think? is utopia around the corner? can we get the win that will get us noticed? It is our biggest test of character as well as ability we have had for some time, I know the players would love to bring the points home, are we good enough is the big question? I think we can be, can we be consistent? I hope so but not so sure, please have your say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crawley game
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2024, 07:26:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
They have a very average home record. In fact, they are on joint points total as the most average home record in this league, us. Only goal difference makes them at 11th very slightly better than the average, us at 12th in the home points total in League Two. In their 19 home league games they have only managed three clean sheets - against Sutton, Forest Green and Bradford City. They are on a decent run of form overall though so I suspect this will be a tough game.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2024, 07:39:17 pm by Nudga »
Only 238 away tickets left out of 1,345 so the boys will have some great vocal support.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2024, 08:20:44 pm by roversdude »
Only change I’d make is maybe start with Max and bring on Joe later
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:03:21 am by roversdude »

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2024, 08:26:01 pm by Thorney »
Only change I’d make is maybe start with Max and bring on later

Id second that.
Been very impressed by max in the short tine he has been here. Wins absolutley everything due to the fact he times every jump to perfection and  thats what shows to me he is a class above.
If we sign him for next season i think joe will be his back up.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2024, 08:28:23 pm by ScillyRover »
Only 238 away tickets left out of 1,345 so the boys will have some great vocal support.
That’s astonishing considering the distance to travel  and the stage of the season. Let’s hope all those travelling are rewarded with a good performance and three very valuable points. COYR

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2024, 08:44:00 pm by RoversInSpain »
That’s amazing!
I think Grant eluded to the fact that if he could bring some success then ‘the place’ (Eco Power) will get bouncing and the fans come out in force. Possibly one of the reasons he came back.
After a little success recently I’m sure this turnout will be hugely appreciated and a source of great encouragement to continue the upward trend to all the management and playing staff.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2024, 08:54:51 pm by drfchound »
After getting over the line with our third league win on the trot impressively against Forest Green Rovers we need to attempt a harder task playing Crawley away who are also on three successive wins in  the League and sit top of the current six game form league to our second. so a very tough ask.
  They have one of the leagues top marksmen in Orsi who scored his sixteenth league goal which saw them move into the play off positions with an impressive 3-1 win at Tranmere yesterday.
   Their home form is a bit hit or miss winning 10 games losing 7 and only drawing 1 but have scored 31 times in the process similar to our own form but more goals at home in a season we the supporters don't think that memorable up to press.
   This game really could be a season changer for us combined with the Wrexham game next up at home, win both and the bet is we will get giddy on here, and  start to look up rather than down.
  Another six days rest might see us have choices to make who actually plays, and might come down to us having choices on tactical grounds, and interesting discussions on here who would be preferred. Grant and Cliff at last look like they are getting a tune out of the playing staff, who are looking much more a team with confidence and competitive spirit than just a couple of months ago and a team us the supporters hoped for at the start of the season.
 So what do you think? is utopia around the corner? can we get the win that will get us noticed? It is our biggest test of character as well as ability we have had for some time, I know the players would love to bring the points home, are we good enough is the big question? I think we can be, can we be consistent? I hope so but not so sure, please have your say

Brian, just a point of order mate, We are the only L2 team currently on a run of three successive wins.
Crawley have won three of their last four matches, a run which includes a draw.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2024, 05:17:05 am by Avsuptem »
Last time i watched us play at Crawley we mullered them 5 nil with Richie Wellens running the show. It's hard to believe that was 9 years ago. We have never lost there as far as i am aware. I don't think they are as good as the form table suggests and I am confident that our current line up will have far too much for them. Rovers to win 3 - 1.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2024, 07:44:30 am by drfchound »
Are Crawley as good as their last few games suggest.
I suppose it could depend on where in the league the teams that they beat are positioned.
That is something that is often used to justify or otherwise how good Rovers results are.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2024, 08:44:51 am by wilts rover »
Are Crawley as good as their last few games suggest.
I suppose it could depend on where in the league the teams that they beat are positioned.
That is something that is often used to justify or otherwise how good Rovers results are.

They have beaten, Forest Green, Wimbledon, Accrington, Harrogate, Notts County and Tranmere, drawn with Stockport and lost to Morecambe. Prior to the recent run they drew with Walsall and lost to Crewe and Morecambe.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2024, 09:14:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Feels similar to the task we had at Walsall in which we got outsmarted. In general play, there was little to separate the teams, but at key moments we lost our concentration and succumbed.

Our win on Saturdqy was a bit tame at times for a home game but, an ideal performance for an away tie.

There probably won't be much in it but we will need to be at our best to dent their recent confidence and keep them at arms length.

Yes, I would prefer Biamou to start too who's a bit more flexible than Ironside in his all-round play and is capable of scoring from anywhere.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2024, 09:34:28 am by Reg of the Rovers »
How far have we come as a squad that we can consider dropping Ironside, who's been one of the best signings of the past few seasons! It's great to have such strength in depth, and agree with others that Biamou is worth a start on recent performances, although Joe never puts a foot wrong imo.

Fancy feeling positive about the Rovers, who knew eh!!

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2024, 09:37:03 am by Juddy »
Just been informed SOLD OUT great following ( sorry sold out on seating ) possibly few left standing

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2024, 04:37:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
Focus is very much on our next game and rightly so, but what makes it even more interesting is that it’s quickly followed by our home game against Wrexham.

Now, I’ve only just noticed that Wrexham play Mansfield on Friday and that could well have a bearing on our Tuesday game.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2024, 04:48:10 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Only change I’d make is maybe start with Max and bring on Joe later

No, no, no!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 25, 2024, 04:49:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Only change I’d make is maybe start with Max and bring on later

Id second that.
Been very impressed by max in the short tine he has been here. Wins absolutley everything due to the fact he times every jump to perfection and  thats what shows to me he is a class above.
If we sign him for next season i think joe will be his back up.

No, no, no, no!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 25, 2024, 04:51:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
How far have we come as a squad that we can consider dropping Ironside, who's been one of the best signings of the past few seasons! It's great to have such strength in depth, and agree with others that Biamou is worth a start on recent performances, although Joe never puts a foot wrong imo.

No, no, no, no, no!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 25, 2024, 05:01:47 pm by scawsby steve »

No, no, no, no, no!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Seriously though, most people seem to think it's a tight one this, with 2 excellent centre forwards to pick from, yet you are emphatic in your choice of Joe to start.

Reasons?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 25, 2024, 05:24:27 pm by Campsall rover »
I would start Joe every time if he is 100% fit.
Bring on Max last 20 mins maybe.

Ironside is a war horse and has been outstanding for us almost every match.

Just my opinion.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 25, 2024, 05:39:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »

No, no, no, no, no!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Seriously though, most people seem to think it's a tight one this, with 2 excellent centre forwards to pick from, yet you are emphatic in your choice of Joe to start.

Reasons?

1. Joe’s scored 14 league goals for us this season. He’s frequently shared MOM with Owen Bailey on this forum throughout the course of a tough season.

2. With eight games left of the season, Joe has the chance to reach twenty league goals for Rovers, a feat not emulated since Marquis achieved the same feat. Would you deny him the minutes to reach that figure given the blood & sweat he has given the cause since last August?

3. He missed a good chance on Saturday when the ball broke to Hak’s in midfield & he romped towards goal with Joe in close attendance. Adelukan slipped him in but a last ditch tackle from behind was enough to see Joe’s effort end up in the arms of their keeper. That ‘miss’ will be haunting him (I watched him as the players came to the touch line during a stop in play. He spoke to Hak’s who offered his hand & a pat on the shoulder for Joe). Joe was substituted shortly after by the indomitable Biamou.
Give the lad the opportunity to ‘get back on that horse’ & consign that ‘miss’ to history.

4. He has a good head of hair.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 25, 2024, 06:19:21 pm by ncRover »

No, no, no, no, no!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Reasons?

1. Joe’s scored 14 league goals for us this season. He’s frequently shared MOM with Owen Bailey on this forum throughout the course of a tough season.

2. With eight games left of the season, Joe has the chance to reach twenty league goals for Rovers, a feat not emulated since Marquis achieved the same feat. Would you deny him the minutes to reach that figure given the blood & sweat he has given the cause since last August?

3. He missed a good chance on Saturday when the ball broke to Hak’s in midfield & he romped towards goal with Joe in close attendance. Adelukan slipped him in but a last ditch tackle from behind was enough to see Joe’s effort end up in the arms of their keeper. That ‘miss’ will be haunting him (I watched him as the players came to the touch line during a stop in play. He spoke to Hak’s who offered his hand & a pat on the shoulder for Joe). Joe was substituted shortly after by the indomitable Biamou.
Give the lad the opportunity to ‘get back on that horse’ & consign that ‘miss’ to history.

I preferred his hair long. It really took his plucky and heroic persona to the next level.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 25, 2024, 06:30:02 pm by NickDRFC »

No, no, no, no, no!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Reasons?

The first two points are meaningless for me. We should be picking the team that gives us the best chance of winning the game, not the opportunity for players to get personal accolades. Ironside has been great for us this season but Biamou has looked more effective in his showings in the last few games so I’d have no issue with him starting on Friday.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 25, 2024, 10:55:34 pm by Colin C No.3 »
No issues with the last two points then. Phew.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2024, 09:30:48 am by ForsolongaRover »
On the subject of away tickets there were five and a half thousand at their match versus Wrexham (for obvious reasons) and the other two big crowds which were over 4000 were v Wimbledon and Gillingham. Geography explains this.

From what I recall the “Away” end would hold around 1000 since the overall capacity is probably only five and a half thousand. So, when there is demand, they presumably open up other parts of the ground to visiting fans. The average crowd is 3327, so despite their relative success they don’t command a great following.

So you might assume that they are releasing away tickets based on “home” sales. Following past policy you might then conclude that the limit on sales is upwardly flexible.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 26, 2024, 10:26:47 am by pib »
They have the £2 offer on for home fans as well of course, so their home turnout will probably be well above average on Friday you'd imagine.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 26, 2024, 01:13:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
This from Crawley X tweets

DONCASTER MATCH SOLD OUT

The last remaining seats for this Friday's clash are now sold out!

We can't thank you enough for your incredible support, and we can't wait to see you at a sold-out Broadfield Stadium on Friday.

The away North Terrace as a capacity of 1600 it says in the guide part of stand can be used for home fans depending on the away following. Small amount of seats are available in the East stand for away supporters.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:21:57 pm by steve@dcfd »

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 28, 2024, 08:31:22 pm by andy didcott »
COYR.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 28, 2024, 09:12:27 pm by Campsall rover »
Capacity 6.134

So probably around 5.800 to 5.900 there tomorrow if Crawley sell the tickets we retuned allowing for segregation in the north stand standing area.
3.327 is their ave attendance this season.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 28, 2024, 09:53:47 pm by Nudga »
Looking forward to this now. Maybe see some of you down there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012