Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:16:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dunk!  (Read 2197 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Dunk!
« Reply #30 on March 27, 2024, 12:31:14 pm by roversdude »
Dunk was working to instructions from his horrible manager

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 27, 2024, 12:35:27 pm by Campsall rover »
I certainly would do.
And me hound.

I was there at Brighton in August 2011 and it was a foul that should have had a red card. No question.
I had a grudge against Dunk for years.

But come on folks it happened over 12 and half years ago....I think is a bit silly if not petty.

passage of time is no excuse - you'll be saying we should forgive Richardson and Weaver next as it was all over 25 years ago  ;)

plus - living a few miles away from Brighton - it's a endless source of tiny-minded vitriol that i can throw at the resident B&HA fans down here as and when required  :lol:
Come on HH, Richardson and Weaver are in another stratosphere.

Having a bit of banter with seagull fans about it, fine, fill your boots. Nothing wrong with that.  :)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 27, 2024, 12:39:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Dunk was working to instructions from his horrible manager
I wouldn’t disagree with that dude. We don’t have evidence of course but Poyet is the type of person to very likely have told Dunk to nobble Billy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 27, 2024, 04:18:52 pm by IDM »
With a fit Sharp we might have gained more points in those first couple of months, retained SOD and potentially stayed up.

That’s perhaps why Dunk’s foul still rankles.?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 27, 2024, 06:04:12 pm by BobG »
Hear hear IDM! Would we have been relegated if Billy hadn't been nobbled? SOD staying would have changed that equation significantly.

BobG

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 27, 2024, 08:06:09 pm by Campsall rover »
With a fit Sharp we might have gained more points in those first couple of months, retained SOD and potentially stayed up.

It still rankles with me. But we need to move on.
Football same as life is full of what might have been’s. What happened happened and the past is the past.
We need to look forward to the next chapter of DRFC’s history. The course of football history for all Clubs is changed by many incidents that happen both on and off the field of play.
Yes an injustice was done but this happens to other clubs as well.
For us to still be talking about this nearly 13 years later is not really healthy. Being bitter is not healthy and I have been guilty of those feelings also for many years after the incident.

We really do need to move on from this.

As for Richardson and what he did to our proud football club, well that was unforgivable and he rightly ended up behind bars for his crimes. That is something we will all remember forever and must never allow to happen again.
Having said that he probably did DRFC a huge favour as the JR era that followed may never have happened and we may have remained a League 2 football club for the entirety of the last 2 decades playing in a run down stadium.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 27, 2024, 08:59:56 pm by ravenrover »
Don't you mean non league club playing at a rundown ground?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 27, 2024, 09:41:27 pm by Campsall rover »
If Richardson had not come along we probably would not have got relegated to the Conference.
So no, i mean League 2.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 28, 2024, 12:04:30 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Isn’t Richardson brown bread?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 28, 2024, 09:19:49 am by ravenrover »
If Richardson had not come along we probably would not have got relegated to the Conference.
So no, i mean League 2.
But he did Camps which then enabled  the JR era. You can't change history

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 28, 2024, 10:26:24 am by Draytonian III »
Isn’t Lewis Dunk, John Marquis’s brother in law, I seem to remember reading it somewhere

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 28, 2024, 11:21:26 am by IDM »

It still rankles with me. But we need to move on.
Football same as life is full of what might have been’s. What happened happened and the past is the past.
We need to look forward to the next chapter of DRFC’s history. The course of football history for all Clubs is changed by many incidents that happen both on and off the field of play.
Yes an injustice was done but this happens to other clubs as well.
For us to still be talking about this nearly 13 years later is not really healthy. Being bitter is not healthy and I have been guilty of those feelings also for many years after the incident.

We really do need to move on from this.

As for Richardson and what he did to our proud football club, well that was unforgivable and he rightly ended up behind bars for his crimes. That is something we will all remember forever and must never allow to happen again.
Having said that he probably did DRFC a huge favour as the JR era that followed may never have happened and we may have remained a League 2 football club for the entirety of the last 2 decades playing in a run down stadium.

I have moved on, just thinking why this is still potentially an issue, beyond just a nasty foul.

Had this been on a player who wasn’t such a talisman - and not wishing injury on anyone - people might not have been so miffed.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 28, 2024, 11:29:07 am by drfchound »
Isn’t Lewis Dunk, John Marquis’s brother in law, I seem to remember reading it somewhere

Mmm, given how much Marquis was loved in his time with us, would that fact make Dunk part of the wider Rovers family then?  :chair:

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 28, 2024, 02:17:52 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Correct. John hangs out the back of Lewis’ sister.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012