Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:51:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grant’s post match interview  (Read 2498 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Grant’s post match interview
« on May 11, 2024, 12:51:05 am by PDX_Rover »
Love this man. Hurting. Speaks from the heart. Good that he’s giving players deadlines to sign or go.

https://youtu.be/drFV5zli-hE?si=k8I9O7RhXyvKFF6O

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Grant’s post match interview
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 12:59:15 am by Chris Black come back »
We’ve done unbelievably well to get here. Absolutely unreal the last few months. It’s been nigh on faultless, week in and week out.

But…

First, that was a shocking first 20 minutes and despite growing in to dominate the game, we barely touched their keeper.

Second, so many new and marginal supporters in there tonight to see us turn in a distinctly average performance with little goal threat.

Third, last we will see if getting on for almost half that side? Thin margins but McCann has another rebuild job this summer to get us back to the level of competing with the best sides in that league.

Finally, goodbye to Barnsley, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Birmingham City…and hello Bromley. Jesus wept.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 01:06:21 am by Pancho Regan »
What a guy.

We all need to pick each other up, look back with pride on the way our team turned this season around, and we need to come out of the traps running at full throttle next season.

Let’s push on and get automatic promotion next season. I’m convinced we have the manager to make that happen.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 01:12:18 am by Pliskin »
Losing in the playoffs didn't do Stockport any harm last year. They came back better and won the league. There's no reason why we shouldn't be aiming to do the same.

McCann's challenge now will be to make sure that the squad we start with in August is as good if not better than the one we have now.

The reality is that some of our top performers over the last couple of months are on loan / out of contract, and we'll need to replace them.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2024, 01:14:08 am by pib »
We’ve done unbelievably well to get here. Absolutely unreal the last few months. It’s been nigh on faultless, week in and week out.

But…

First, that was a shocking first 20 minutes and despite growing in to dominate the game, we barely touched their keeper.

Second, so many new and marginal supporters in there tonight to see us turn in a distinctly average performance with little goal threat.

Third, last we will see if getting on for almost half that side? Thin margins but McCann has another rebuild job this summer to get us back to the level of competing with the best sides in that league.

Finally, goodbye to Barnsley, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Birmingham City…and hello Bromley. Jesus wept.

Bromley, Salford, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Barrow.

F*ck me. I’m depressed.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2024, 01:14:50 am by Chris Black come back »
Another season of tedious Bradford City fake rivalry and a day out in Bromley. Looking forward to League Two 2024/25 already.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2024, 01:18:10 am by Ryaldinhio »
Fire in his belly, let's look forward to the transfer window, Tery backing him and next season as champions!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2024, 01:22:01 am by MachoMadness »
Losing in the playoffs didn't do Stockport any harm last year. They came back better and won the league. There's no reason why we shouldn't be aiming to do the same.

McCann's challenge now will be to make sure that the squad we start with in August is as good if not better than the one we have now.

The reality is that some of our top performers over the last couple of months are on loan / out of contract, and we'll need to replace them.

This has to be the goal. Sign a proper keeper and either Adelakun or a younger player in a similar profile and make 100 points the target next season. We have absolutely nothing to fear, let's win the title we should have won under Ferguson.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2024, 01:32:42 am by Jonathan »
It’ll feel flat for a bit but most of us have been here many times in football. Once the dust settles there should be lots of hope. Crucial few weeks ahead where we need to retain manager, ideally a few more key players and set about recruiting for next season.

Tonight wasn’t our night. No excuses, we just weren’t quite good enough on the night. We’ll come again and we need Grant to stay and lead us.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 01:33:40 am by Canadian Rover »

But…

Bromley, Salford, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Barrow.

F*ck me. I’m depressed.

We were looking at non league just a few months ago.

A season to go and win the championship next season.

Enjoy!!

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2024, 01:34:25 am by Ryaldinhio »
It’ll feel flat for a bit but most of us have been here many times in football. Once the dust settles there should be lots of hope. Crucial few weeks ahead where we need to retain manager, ideally a few more key players and set about recruiting for next season.

Tonight wasn’t our night. No excuses, we just weren’t quite good enough on the night. We’ll come again and we need Grant to stay and lead us.

I don't think GM is going anywhere. See his interview he has fire in his belly. He is connected to this club.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2024, 07:28:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do worry a bit about him though. He left us previously after the play off defeat and still talks about it now.  There's probably opportunities for him higher up.

He is right though we have to be up the top next season.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2024, 07:32:32 am by mushRTID »
Thought his comments about not wanting to be here and getting their agents to call him were slightly OTT.

Those lads in that dressing room have been superb and given us everything…a lot of them weren’t even here in our slow start that he’s referred to.

Fair enough set your stall out and show intent.
Probably not what they needed to hear immediately after the game IMO.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2024, 07:37:35 am by Ryaldinhio »
Thought his comments about not wanting to be here and getting their agents to call him were slightly OTT.

Those lads in that dressing room have been superb and given us everything…a lot of them weren’t even here in our slow start that he’s referred to.

I disagree. It's exactly what I would have wanted to hear. The main man is fully up for the fight next yr and if you aren't then off you pop. People react differently but he is saying no one is being taken along for the ride. I 100% agree.

Also why do people keep referring to GM leaving. We didn't commit to him with the stupid 12m rolling contract rule which the club have now realised was an issue. Leave it alone, he is not leaving.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2024, 07:39:08 am by graingrover »
He has extraordinary leadership quality and even in the immediate moments after that he remains  defiant , challenges those who don’t think we will win the league next season .Leadership at its very best .

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2024, 07:40:13 am by pib »

I disagree. It's exactly what I would have wanted to hear. The main man is fully up for the fight next yr and if you aren't then off you pop. People react differently but he is saying no one is being taken along for the ride. I 100% agree.

Also why do people keep referring to GM leaving. We didn't commit to him with the stupid 12m rolling contract rule which the club have now realised was an issue. Leave it alone, he is not leaving.

He’s on a 12 month rolling contract now isn’t he?

Really don’t see the “issue” with it - essentially a rolling contract is the longest contract you can give, it never runs out.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2024, 07:42:32 am by Ryaldinhio »

Really don’t see the “issue” with it - essentially a rolling contract is the longest contract you can give, it never runs out.

From what I read the club changed the policy having realised the issue and GM was on a 3yr contract? Maybe someone can out me right.

A 12m rolling contract is not the longest you can give.....its 12m. That is the club protecting them selves not committing to the management team.

We should give him a 5yr contract with a significant buy out straight away IMO.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2024, 07:45:21 am by mushRTID »

Yeah on reflection when you put it like that I do also agree.

I just think he was having a pop about the slow start and a lot of them weren’t here or injured!

Anyway I really hope he is backed, if he is we are surely nailed on for top 3.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2024, 07:50:52 am by pib »

From what I read the club changed the policy having realised the issue and GM was on a 3yr contract? Maybe someone can out me right.

A 12m rolling contract is not the longest you can give.....its 12m. That is the club protecting them selves not committing to the management team.

We should give him a 5yr contract with a significant buy out straight away IMO.

It’s ROLLING. It always has 12 months on it at any given time.

If you give him a 3 year contract, it will get to a point where it has 2 years, then 1 year, then 6 months etc, then you have to agree another one otherwise he could walk away for nothing at the end of it if another club shows interest.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2024, 08:03:07 am by drfchound »
Love this man. Hurting. Speaks from the heart. Good that he’s giving players deadlines to sign or go.

https://youtu.be/drFV5zli-hE?si=k8I9O7RhXyvKFF6O

Grant really cares about the club.
No chance he is he going away.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2024, 08:21:14 am by Chris Black come back »
McCann looked properly, properly floored by that. He was absolutely right that we were well off it all last night. Didn't really land a punch on Crewe. Last night was like we finally ran out of steam. Crewe did a good job soaking us up but McCann will look back at that and think we denied ourselves last night against an organised but not outstanding Crewe side. This shouldn’t take away from a monumental last few months but we threw it away last night . Hugely disappointing.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2024, 08:26:26 am by mushRTID »
What’s annoying me is I thought there was another goal or two in the first leg for us. Didn’t really feel like we went after them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 11, 2024, 08:32:06 am by dickos1 »

But…

There shouldn’t be any buts after your first paragraph 

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 08:39:02 am by Butchers Red »
Well I really feel for Grant and many of the players - last night we had the final proof we have our great club back, what an atmosphere pre match and all the way through, never heard noise like it from the South Stand who should also be praised for not responding to the Crew fans on the pitch at the end.

The football we have been treated to for the last 3 months and that amazing run will live long in the memories of those of us who saw all the games, home and away - no Grant, you haven't let anyone down at all.

For me the key to dominating the league next season will be getting TLT, certain outfield players the subject of speculation will be far easier to replace than a keeper and should Molly and Haks leave, we already have ready made replacements with Hurst and Biamou.

Proud to be a Rover

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2024, 09:22:46 am by ncRover »
The players we will be losing aren’t one of a kind. Grant will recruit well like he always does. We will also have the pick of the best players available at this level as we are a more attractive proposition to play for than this time last year.

We have a lot of forward momentum, let’s keep it going and get promoted properly.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2024, 09:40:08 am by BradwellRover »
I think Adelukan has had his career purple patch and reverted to mean, I’d be thinking long and hard about whether to sign him.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2024, 09:52:31 am by In the box »
What a guy.

We all need to pick each other up, look back with pride on the way our team turned this season around, and we need to come out of the traps running at full throttle next season.

Let’s push on and get automatic promotion next season. I’m convinced we have the manager to make that happen.
A lot of the disappointment felt after this result may not have been as severe if the recent run of amazing results had been spread throughout  over all season , as a momentum had driven the team and supporters on and over expectations took over . Crewe through the sink at us and did what we should have done if had put ourselves in their position. Grant McCann was gutted for everyone and his message for next season shows how disappointed HE was . Its back to the drawing board now and as we will loose key players , getting the right impact players signed early will need to his first move .

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2024, 10:09:09 am by Dabbermoo »

I have to disagree with you on this one, it shoes how much GM  cares, we were all gutted to lose out like that last night however this can be the catalyst for next season already.
Your either with GM or your not and the prep for next season starts now, either sign the contract or go or if your not up for the fight then close the door on your way out. This is exactly what I love about GM, no mincing his words, no confusion in any messages and how they come across at all it's there as plain as day.
I don't see a massive rebuild but maybe 3 or 4 on loans to come in to compliment what we already have regardless if Biggins and  Luke both leave, we win as a team and lose as a team. Accept the hurt for the next few days but use it as fuel for next season, onwards and upwards.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2024, 10:32:52 am by selby »
  He wants to get that Idea of they have let everybody down out of his mind, they certainly have not, they have given us our club back, shown what is possible attracting a crowd with winning football.
  It will come if we continue the trajectory, and there is no reason why we cannot have a good season next term, both in cups and the league, the fans are there the club just need to play the sort of football to attract them and look forward to.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2024, 10:39:55 am by acacia94 »
Fantastic ride but just a bridge too far last night. We'd been stretching that elastic for weeks and it finally snapped. It was going to happen at some point but some fans will never ever get in their lifetime a run in like that. It was brilliant.
Thought that's the best the stadiums been for support – ever. Even those first big games against Huddersfield etc weren't as good as last night. There's a few things about the sound not travelling well in our bowl but was in South and it was tremendous. Looked and sounded fantastic. Cheers Grant, Cliff and the lads for a great few weeks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012